Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58275

  • Execute66
  • Execute66's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1377
  • Thank you received: 654
My review of the Bastion. Say no more, let the videos do the talking! Thanks for watching.

Bastion Main review,



Bastion and Deep Blue review,

"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfarandals, OvrcAHst

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58276

  • Execute66
  • Execute66's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1377
  • Thank you received: 654
The power of the 12W+ Deep Blue with a Vader's Vault Photon Blade,

During the day



At night

"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Execute66.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58278

  • OvrcAHst
  • OvrcAHst's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2800
  • Thank you received: 1716
Nice addition to your Great Collection Ex66! Thought your mention when you started to describe the measurements was virtually directed at myself (since I have consistently asked the very same in your other Reviews :P ). Does the USPS Truck have a Reserved parking space out the front of your House? It seems there's always something new and exciting being delivered? How do you find the balance with a 37" blade given it's a smaller Hilt compared to your other Elites?

It seems that the Apprentice Blade Plugs are either still in circulation or the inclusion is completely random (compared to the newer style previewed in Samross04's Oracle). I actually was inclined to believe that since the Kill Keys are the newer type, the blade plugs would be new also. However, evidently not so.

Personally, I liked the Green more than your chosen Deep Blue (quite possibly you intended to alternate between the two with your Photon) and if I ever was to get a Bastion, (as stunning as standard finish is) Lime Green Weathered may be the way to go (All Black being the first choice though :P ). Nice Review, Thank You.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, DarthTtocs

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58284

  • HotRod
  • HotRod's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 679
  • Thank you received: 343
I love this hilt. And your "Pool Reviews" are so chill. I think that is why I like them so much. ha (thumbs up on YouTube). I thought it was interesting that you went with the blue LED and the Crimson sound font. I have to admit, that Crimson sound font is awesome. Great stuff!


- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58319

  • Execute66
  • Execute66's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1377
  • Thank you received: 654
OvrcAHst wrote:
Nice addition to your Great Collection Ex66! Thought your mention when you started to describe the measurements was virtually directed at myself (since I have consistently asked the very same in your other Reviews :P ). Does the USPS Truck have a Reserved parking space out the front of your House? It seems there's always something new and exciting being delivered? How do you find the balance with a 37" blade given it's a smaller Hilt compared to your other Elites?

It seems that the Apprentice Blade Plugs are either still in circulation or the inclusion is completely random (compared to the newer style previewed in Samross04's Oracle). I actually was inclined to believe that since the Kill Keys are the newer type, the blade plugs would be new also. However, evidently not so.

Personally, I liked the Green more than your chosen Deep Blue (quite possibly you intended to alternate between the two with your Photon) and if I ever was to get a Bastion, (as stunning as standard finish is) Lime Green Weathered may be the way to go (All Black being the first choice though :P ). Nice Review, Thank You.

Thank you sir, you guessed correctly about the intended audience with regards to measurements! :cheer:

Yeah I was surprised with the new kill-key. As for the blade plug, maybe SF is still running off old stock. Although I have one blade plug for every one saber that I own, I leave the blade in the hilt, so in practice I seldom use my blade plugs. But I do like the different designs and many of the upcoming new ones are nice.

Photon = bright! Proves again that while LED is very important, the blade itself is also as important to contribute to overall effect. I love it when I can just swap out the blade and boom a new awesome bright green. Works brilliantly with Deep Blue and Medium Blue.

You do feel the 37" blade a little more. But this also depends on the insertion depth even on the larger Elite hilts. The retention screw is fastened very close to the edge of the blade however. I may have preferred if it was a little further up the blade.
"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58320

  • Execute66
  • Execute66's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1377
  • Thank you received: 654
HotRod wrote:
I love this hilt. And your "Pool Reviews" are so chill. I think that is why I like them so much. ha (thumbs up on YouTube). I thought it was interesting that you went with the blue LED and the Crimson sound font. I have to admit, that Crimson sound font is awesome. Great stuff!

Thanks man for watching! I tried to "justify" Deep Blue with Crimson, as I figured otherwise all the Saberforge blues are going to be Viridium and that's four blues. Crimson on its own is swesome, I might prefer it slightly over the Viridium.

I try to pick a "neutral" song in the background to add to the chill .... lol
"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58346

  • HotRod
  • HotRod's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 679
  • Thank you received: 343
I like what you did. It's like french fries with ice cream, you wouldn't think it would go together, but it's such a nice change from the norm and is in fact good together. I recently ordered a initiate Oracle hilt in a standard finish with dark red leather wrap. I figured it would be similar being a non weathered saber with Dark Red Leather and I'm going to put an arctic blue led in it. It's fun to break the standard rules. B)


- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58356

  • Execute66
  • Execute66's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1377
  • Thank you received: 654
Dark Red leather is very nice. Sounds great with Arctic Blue, I don't see anything "wrong" with that. Something nice and different.

It would be a bore if I did my reviews, you know like me holding the saber in my hand with my face / upper body & arms in front of the camera and just talking. That's done all over. So doing things a bit different is nice. B)
"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58389

  • HotRod
  • HotRod's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 679
  • Thank you received: 343
That's what makes them good! And yours! :)


- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58470

  • Greysider
  • Greysider's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Posts: 826
  • Thank you received: 351
Beautiful Bastion E66! The deep blue looks great shining through those emitter windows. I snagged an empty one and had forum member Firstfrost install a 12w+ pink and NBv3 soundboard in it for the wife(review coming). It's just a great hilt. Congrats!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58564

  • Execute66
  • Execute66's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1377
  • Thank you received: 654
Greysider wrote:
Beautiful Bastion E66! The deep blue looks great shining through those emitter windows. I snagged an empty one and had forum member Firstfrost install a 12w+ pink and NBv3 soundboard in it for the wife(review coming). It's just a great hilt. Congrats!

That sounds awesome! Look forward to seeing your Bastion in 12W+ Pink! :woohoo:
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Execute66.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Youtube: Saberforge Bastion 12W+ Deep Blue 1 year 6 months ago #58605

  • Greysider
  • Greysider's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Posts: 826
  • Thank you received: 351
Execute66 wrote:
Greysider wrote:
Beautiful Bastion E66! The deep blue looks great shining through those emitter windows. I snagged an empty one and had forum member Firstfrost install a 12w+ pink and NBv3 soundboard in it for the wife(review coming). It's just a great hilt. Congrats!

That sounds awesome! Look forward to seeing your Bastion in 12W+ Pink! :woohoo:

As soon as I can pry it from her hands! :lol:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

  • Total Users: 6149
  • Latest Member: CidRaines
  • Total Posts: 62.5k
  • Total Topics: 5236
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 46