Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #61980

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
So I've had it for a Couple weeks now, but I thought I'd try my hand at a review. I had only ever owned a Master Replicas Anakin ROTS, and a Hasbro Force Fx Obi-Wan ROTS before ordering this, so this is my first "real" lightsaber. To say my mind was blown when I received it would be an understatement!

The craftsmanship is incredible! The hilt was smaller than I expected, but only because I hadn't seen any photos of someone holding it for a reference. But that's not to say it's too small! It's perfect for single-handed use, and has enough room for a two-handed grip if you choke up on the emitter. I've read some people talking about the Apprentice hilts being more suited for smaller users and kids, but this hilt strikes me as being the exact size that most Jedi would want if they were a real-world thing. It's compact enough to not be bulky or get in the way of a Jedi's active lifestyle, but it's big enough to use in any form or situation.

It came with the new apprentice blade plug, which I wasn't a huge fan of. It's a nice plug, but I didn't think it fit the hilt. Luckily, Lazerforge launched right after I received the saber, so I ordered a turbine plug, and it looks great! It also came with the new kill key, and I actually kind of like it.

I got a 32" blade, and I was very impressed with the balance. It felt a little blade-heavy when I first put it in, but I think now that it was because I was used to my hilt-heavy Force Fx Obi-Wan lightsaber. The balance of the Bastion is awesome for spins. It feels so smooth twirling it around.

The sound is loud. I keep mine on the low setting, and I'm still afraid to turn it on if our daughter has gone to bed.

The 12w+ upgrade is REALLY bright! I ordered it with a mint green LED, which is a really nice color, but after a few days, I felt like I was meant to have a blue blade. I ordered a deep blue, and I'm so glad I did! It's beautiful!

I can only come up with one thing that I wish was different, and that is that I wish the blaster deflection sound could be turned off. I've been practicing the "Obi-Ani" spin, and every time my hand brushes the AV switch, the blaster sound plays. Maybe my hands are just too clumsy.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this review, and I hope it will be helpful to someone interested in this hilt. Now for the pictures, which is what I know you really wanted from the start. Haha!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, OvrcAHst

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #61983

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 566
Glorious with that Deep Blue!

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #61991

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 531
Rennek that's a fine saber. I like your choice of both LED'S and the AV switch color is a perfect accent. So as all of first time SF owners know, what's going to be the next purchase?LOL
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by =Ottomatix=.

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #62283

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
Ha! Well, my wife made me promise not to start shopping for the next one right after receiving the first one, but I've kinda had my eye on the Epoch...
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #62284

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Rennek wrote:
Ha! Well, my wife made me promise not to start shopping for the next one right after receiving the first one, but I've kinda had my eye on the Epoch...

Ahem, jokes aside, beautiful saber. Each time I see the Bastion pop up it makes me more and more excited for mine to arrive :) Both colours look great, as I have said before, I feel the Bastion suits any and all LED colours due to its simplicity.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by TheGrandAdmiral.

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #62285

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
It's a slippery slope......... I'm on number 8, but 6 since I gave 2 away.

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #62367

• SwordOfTheMorning
  • Our reality is determined by the approach of the life that we have
  • Thank you received: 1
I have to say that you have an amazing blade man, it is really cool despite of it was the first one. Well not matter that, I just think you're starting on this world already, I hope you enjoy it so much ^^

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #62371

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Great review! Congrats. You picked a phenomenal saber. I love the new blade plug you chose...and that blue does go well. Is that an Orange AV switch? Looks really good!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #62379

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1166
Another fantastic Bastion!

Congrats sir!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #62397

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
Thanks guys! It's actually a red AV switch, HotRod, but it looks orange in all the photos. I had this idea of a Jedi wanting to continue the red button look from Episode I, but giving it a modern twist.

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 month ago #62400

• ic3cold
  • Premium Member
  • Weaker than some, stronger than most
  • Thank you received: 92
Now I need to get the Reactor Blade plug :) Looks really nice in your Bastion!
There must be both dark and light.

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 4 weeks ago #62526

• Tech_God
  • Thank you received: 9
An excellent saber and a great review! I was going to get the Bastion as my first saber but chose the Sentinel instead. Now, I want both! Anyhow, I wanted to address two comments:

I am in total agreement with your comments regarding the size. I'm pretty sure this is the same with all of the apprentice hilts. Like you, it is no problem for me.

I have the Crimson sound font. I suffer the same issue of activating the aux sound when handling the hilt. I can't.stand the force lightning sound but the rest of the Crimson sound features make it worth the annoyance.

Enjoy your saber!

Bastion 12w+ Champion-tier 1 year 1 week ago #63804

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 284
Looks great in Blue. My Purple Bastion should arrive tomorrow - I'm hoping it looks as nice as the blue blade!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (13 Posts)
    • Hi EX66, I would imagine it would depend on what stock levels SF have in their inventory at the...
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (13 Posts)
    • What I really would like to know is how many of the 85 Champion Mystery ($300) are Shoto and...
    • Ronin sale??? (19 Posts)
    • Thanks D7, I wish they had the option to do a sleeve instead of a wrap, and I think a green...
    • Amber Prodigy Unboxing an... (21 Posts)
    • Great job SFD! That saber looks spectacular, and the amber is awesome. I've been wanting that...
    • Amber Prodigy Unboxing an... (21 Posts)
    • Loving the Prodigy, right?! It's a fantastic hilt. I enjoyed your review.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5456
  • Latest Member: Clach1988
  • Total Posts: 57.4k
  • Total Topics: 4808
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 48