Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Elite Round Cog Brass V1 & V2

Elite Round Cog Brass V1 & V2 11 months 2 weeks ago #62570

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
When LazerForge was announced as Open for Business, I like many others, navigated the Site to see what the fuss was all about and to have a look with what was available as the preliminary lineup. Stands, Kill Keys, Switch Plates and Blade Plugs. The Stands didn't interest me nor did the Kill Key's so all that was really left was the Switch Plate and Blade Plugs.

With an expectant V2 Redeemer incoming, long past it's due date, anticipating it's arrival I included a V1 Switch Plate with the Plugs Purchase. I did write to SFCS with requesting a V1 be used instead of the V2 that simulated the Bubbles but the reply was: 'Computer says No...'.

Order placed June 30.

Time passing wasn't too bad, not much else to comment really.

Ordered a few 1" Plugs for use with Thin Necks.

With an attempt to fit with my Custom Exalted, needed to sand the Plug a further 3/8" to reduce the light emitting from the plugs sides. WIP but I've gotten it this far so far.

All in all, Order Selection is relatively pain free as to proceeding to Checkout. The Product's themselves are acceptable and there isn't anything to challenge. If anything, perhaps the Shipping Fee for items that barely weigh much and the fact that these accessories are for Sabers however remain completely independent to the place of Purchase of said Sabers. Multiple Shipping from one Vendor of their Products is disappointing and unnecessary.
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, jonnys95s10

Elite Round Cog Brass V1 & V2 11 months 2 weeks ago #62574

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Those turned out great! The plug faces are plastic correct? They sure look metallic, especially the weathered ones (I wonder how they achieve the look, since you can't anodize plastic).

For those who can't read Aurebesh, the symbols around the edge going clockwise (using the tall plug in the 2nd pic) spell "Mind" "Body" and "Spirit". At first I wondered how this would fit on a dark side user's saber (since that's the Empire cog), as it seems kinda like a Jedi-tranquility-inner-peace thing. Then I figured a dark sider could use it to mean the Spirit is the source of your power, the Body is how the power manifests, and the Mind is how the power is learned and applied. Or something along those lines. :evil:
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: 't
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Elite Round Cog Brass V1 & V2 11 months 2 weeks ago #62575

• OvrcAHst
Those turned out great! The plug faces are plastic correct? They sure look metallic, especially the weathered ones (I wonder how they achieve the look, since you can't anodize plastic).
Thanks Jaden. I'd guess they were plastic, I know as much that they're not metal. As for achieving the look, my guess would be some kind of metallic foiling. The top lip/disc that sits atop the polycarb tube =1.50mm. The engraving (laser-cut) appears to cut the surface of foiling and into the lip as well.

Elite Round Cog Brass V1 & V2 11 months 2 weeks ago #62584

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
If it's 1.5mm thick, my bet is on 1/16" Rowmark. We use this stuff at work all the time. It's a plastic material that comes with a thin plastic or metal top layer. We use the CNC mill/router to engrave it at the shop, but it is marketed as a laser-engraving product, so it's entirely possible that's what SF is using for their engraved plugs.

Elite Round Cog Brass V1 & V2 11 months 2 weeks ago #62588

• OvrcAHst
Kouri wrote:
If it's 1.5mm thick, my bet is on 1/16" Rowmark. We use this stuff at work all the time. It's a plastic material that comes with a thin plastic or metal top layer. We use the CNC mill/router to engrave it at the shop, but it is marketed as a laser-engraving product, so it's entirely possible that's what SF is using for their engraved plugs.
You may be correct with the 1/16" Rowmark Kouri. Not being familiar with the reference I had to Google it and the material seems consistent. The other difference to the regular Elite/Apprentice Plugs is there's no external lip that the top disc connects (a characteristic separating the difference between Elite and Apprentice plugs). The top lip (Rowmark) now sits flush to the OD of the polycarb tube. Definitely makes it more versatile for equal use (excusing emitter length) between Elite & Apprentice Tier Hilts.

Elite Round Cog Brass V1 & V2 11 months 2 weeks ago #62611

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
OvrcAHst, I'm with you on the shipping. I sent an email to SFCS to inquire why all these vendors are scattered. I would love to get an ASP saber, and a day blade, maybe a laser cut bladeplug. Not sure why I should have to pay separate shipping, if everything is shipped from SaberForge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth OWK-This weapon ... (5 Posts)
    • [attachment] SD card access, have to pull out a little further, left enough slack on switch/led to allow...
    • Korbanth OWK-This weapon ... (5 Posts)
    • Okay well after the Chassis is done, it goes together super duper fast... Specs are NBv4, 20mm veco...
    • Man-Cation! (8 Posts)
    • Ok, I found a spot with some decent signal, and it looks like everything is good here, so I will...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5281
  • Latest Member: Giorgitron79
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 5