Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Catalyst (Star Wars): A Rogue One Novel

Catalyst (Star Wars): A Rogue One Novel 9 months 2 weeks ago #66335

• JediRabbi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
Anyone have any more info on this one?

Here's a neat article: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-catalyst-novel-synopsis-krennic-erso/

Gotta say, I'm getting excited both for the novel and for the movie (natch)!
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Catalyst (Star Wars): A Rogue One Novel 9 months 2 weeks ago #66337

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I'm intrigued by mention of the
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
. No matter what my opinions are about the prequels I appreciate every effort they make to incorporate them into the new canon because, well, they happened.

Catalyst (Star Wars): A Rogue One Novel 2 months 1 week ago #74630

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
I just finished reading this one. I liked it!

The book gives you a much more in-depth view of how the relationship between Galen/Mira/Jyn, and Director Krennick came to be, developed, and turned into what we saw in Rogue One. Also, it articulates the competition, and antagonism between Tarkin, and Krennick through a series of efforts directed at each other for the purpose of weakening the other's standing with the Emperor.

I would have liked to know more about the nature of the Kyber Crystals, and how their power was harnessed, and perverted to become such a fearsome weapon, but perhaps that is one of those things that they intentionally leave ambiguous, so as to let the reader's own imagination fill the gaps.

Overall, a decent investment of time if you have an interest in what preceded the events of Rogue One.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Catalyst (Star Wars): A Rogue One Novel 2 months 1 week ago #74654

• MrBond
  • Thank you received: 14
I read this after a review suggested it would improve your experience watching Rogue One by neatly setting it up and it really does. I finished the book the day before Rogue One came out so it just added to the anticipation and build up to the movie. I like the details added to the kyber lore and the political play surrounding the construction of the Death Star. This is however far from an action-packed Star Wars adventure but enjoyable nonetheless.

Catalyst (Star Wars): A Rogue One Novel 2 months 1 week ago #74664

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
I really enjoyed Catalyst, particularly for the portrayals of Galen and Krennic. However, it set some expectations for the characters that the movie just didn't deliver. That's not a fault of the book, though, and I haven't encountered anyone else that felt that way, so ymmv. A couple of things I really liked were the the way it set the stage for the creation of the Death Star; how it was presented to the then Republic, how it was planned and built. I also enjoyed Krennic facing off with Tarkin.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (1 Posts)
    • I'm looking for suggestions on how one might get a yellow flash on clash with a red main blade on a...
    • FS: SaberForge Destiny (1 Posts)
    • SaberForge Destiny NBv4 w/ PX Green / Lime / Blue Tri-Rebel 3D Printed Chassis 18650 Battery 28MM...
    • Custom Phoenix (5 Posts)
    • Nice hearing from you! Fantastic Phoenix! 10/10
    • Custom LED from LEDSupply... (2 Posts)
    • I don't have much experience with Luxeon but I'm thinking these need to run @ 700ma at least the 2...
    • Custom LED from LEDSupply... (2 Posts)
    • I have a LED Luxeon Deep Red/RED/Amber, I'm trying to figure out which resistor I should be using,...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5265
  • Latest Member: ValeraJef1953
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4692
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 9