Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Star Wars: Aftermath

Star Wars: Aftermath 2 months 1 week ago #74632

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
A book I have, but have not yet read. Any thoughts?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars: Aftermath 2 months 1 week ago #74641

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Most people I've talked with found this to be the weakest entry in the series. I generally enjoyed it. The new cast of characters is fun, and the threads for a really big, really interesting plot are there. Very little in the way of meaningful world building, though.

Star Wars: Aftermath 2 months 1 week ago #74653

• MrBond
  • Thank you received: 14
I enjoyed the story and new characters but like many reviews tend to mention, it is poorly written, borderline amateurish. When you expect it to be the setup for a three part story tho, it's easier to forgive its shortcommings. Having read the second one (Life Debt), it does get better and the writing improves along the way.

Star Wars: Aftermath 2 months 1 week ago #74687

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
I enjoyed the story. It was a bit like reading the script for an episode of Clone Wars; definitely had a more cartoony feel to it throughout. The writing style was very stream-of-conscious and felt more like Wendig fleshed out the general dialogue and plot points but had to submit the book to his publisher before taking a second pass to fill in some details (though this may have been intentional, since he didn't want to reveal too much about the galaxy post-Jedi).

My favorite parts are the short chapters put in between the sections of the book, since they flesh out areas not necessarily related to the central plot of the novel.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Custom LED from LEDSupply... (2 Posts)
    • I don't have much experience with Luxeon but I'm thinking these need to run @ 700ma at least the 2...
    • Custom LED from LEDSupply... (2 Posts)
    • I have a LED Luxeon Deep Red/RED/Amber, I'm trying to figure out which resistor I should be using,...
    • In-hilt recharge upgrade (2 Posts)
    • Warrior tier sabers use latching switches which are not lit, so only champion or hero have lit AV...
    • Custom Phoenix (4 Posts)
    • Hi NeBosa, First off, as DK44 said it's good to hear from you again. And again your work is...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5265
  • Latest Member: ValeraJef1953
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4690
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 3