Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Battlefront

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53098

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
I am surprised nobody has already posted a thread about this one!

I don't personally play it, but I have seen it being played on a large high definition TV, and it was breathtaking! I have heard the positives and negatives about it, but I am curious what you folks think?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53100

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
It seemed like most of the people here who said they played were on PC.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53105

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
I haven't played a lot of Battlefront I, but I have put many an hour into Battlefront II, mostly playing with a friend. The multitude of worlds to play on, the story even, the greaphics weren't the best, but I loved it. The new battlefront (should we refer to it as EA battlefront to avoid confusion?) is not as great for playing with a friend, there are a couple of modes but they seem stale after just a few rounds, and there's no story at all. I find that an Instant Action equivalent is sorely needed in this game. It looks and sounds amazing, and is fun on PC, but I just... Eh... There's not enough *stuff* in the game. And the vehicle combat is not something I can really enjoy.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53117

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Is it online only or does it have a campaign / story mode?

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53124

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
I play it everyday, sincee beta. I love it but I don't deny it's flaws. I keep up with every update and I know of future plans for it as well. I'm REALLY good. Yes it is almost all online, and they have announced there will be a huge improvement for single player offline.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by greyjediDude.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53125

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
Well my AMD graphics driver won't play it. Highend board 5 years ago, isn't enough to run this game on my PC. My friend that built my PC said I 'd have to get a new graphics card which is around $200. I will just enjoy my sabers for the time being. It looks great but I was hoping it'd be more like Battlefront II, as far as the gameplay and modes. Oh well.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53156

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
greyjediDude wrote:
I play it everyday, sincee beta. I love it but I don't deny it's flaws. I keep up with every update and I know of future plans for it as well. I'm REALLY good. Yes it is almost all online, and they have announced there will be a huge improvement for single player offline.

I'm a bit less glued to it, but I feel the same way as you excepting the "every day" and "really good" or just "good" parts.

HotRod, there is no single player campaign not even an Instant Action mode to play the online modes offline. GJD tells us this may change though, and I hope he's right.

And sorry about that, =Ottomatix=. Is Battlefront worth having about 1 saber less than you might buy otherwise? Any thoughts on that, you users who have the game?

I think the reason it's not more like the original Battlefronts is 1) lazy EA and 2) Everybody was so worried it would be a Battlefield reskin that nobody realizes what they wanted was essentially a Battlefield reskin. Wasn't it?
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by RyanRising.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53160

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
The new one is really good. It does however feel incomplete. I am hoping that they add some content later though. I have had a lot of fun from what I have played.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53240

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
Who expected good behavior from EA just because it's Star Wars? They're planning to add instant action type mode called "classic" mode with an update instead as payed DLC, so it's gonna be free. They have lots of stuff planned for this the game, and luckily enough Dice listens to fans and delivers where needed. No it's NOT a Battlefield reskin, I've played Battlefield and the two are different. They only share the same concept. In the end there will be plenty in store for players.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53241

• Keno Deema
  • Thank you received: 2
i play it on xbox one and id like to get it for the ps4 just to play with other friends, i love it. mostly the air combat but i like the ground games too. xX FIREFLY01 Xx feel free to add me on the x1

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53268

• ProtoKun7
  • Thank you received: 13
I play it a lot on PC; even bought a GPU to improve its performance. It's what actually led me to have a proper go at a build, as the GPU wouldn't fit in the original case so I transplanted everything into a new one.

I have some good matches and some bad ones, admittedly.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53274

• Warlord227
  • Thank you received: 6
I enjoy battlefront. I play on PS4 pretty regularly in my spare time. I've not gotten the season pass yet though. Hopefully I'll get an extra couple of dollars in the near future so I can finally play some outer rim content.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #53278

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Regarding the originals, I really loved them. Taking the Battlefield formula and applying Star Wars to it was a stroke of genius. I loved being able to play several different factions, and even mix match conflicts and battlegrounds. I didn't play either of them online when I was young, which is probably how they were best enjoyed; the AI was dumb as rocks, and offline play got dull pretty quickly.

As for the new game, I've thoroughly enjoyed the it thus far. I wish they had taken some of the cues from the previous games, or their own Battlefield franchise (squads, for real), but I like what they gave me. I did buy the season pass, after they announced the full(er) extent of what will be included.

A lot of people like to quip "Muh immersion," but I really do love how the game immerses the player. The visual and audio fidelity is fantastic(and having seen some of the graphical mods for it, it can look frighteningly real). I also like the emphasis on the weapons and gear choice.

There is a laundry list of shortcomings, of course, that have been talked to pieces. The game is a strong case for "your mileage may vary." My main problem with it is that when the inevitable sequel(s) come out, covering new eras, the player count will drop. That was the main benefit of the old Battlefronts, to me. Both games included both existing eras; players could go between them no problem. Dedicating each game to a single era will weaken it I the long run, IMO.

My favorite parts are Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron(particularly with my headset, flying a fighter is unreal). My fingers are crossed that their single player/offline update will offer more options for offline fighter battles. The only training mission that's really fun to play couch co-op is the Endor chase.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54352

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 77
I've got nothing to say but this game is a sorry excuse and hollow shell of its former self and is totally not worth the insane price tag. Angry Joe's review of the game is basically the same as my opinion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Malmvi6GwDA

That said, it looks pretty and sounds very authentic. So, props to the graphics and sound department. I'm saddened that EA has exclusive video game rights to the Star Wars franchise, though. It couldn't be in the hands of a worse company. But it'll make money because EA knows how to dupe people with their ridiculous microtransaction policies. Anyway, not gonna rant...

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54354

• sepultura510
  • "I warn you not to underestimate my powers"
  • Thank you received: 26
I myself LOVE Battlefront. I dont dwell in the past with old outdated games. The graphics and gameplay are amazing. You're really immersed in the Star Wars universe with this game. I play it almost everyday. My two favorite modes are Walker Assault and Heros vs Villians. My Xbox One gamertag is Sepultura650. Lets dance!

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54357

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 77
My issue is not with living in the past, my issue is with charging insane prices for bare-bones content. I don't care how pretty it looks, it's not worth that much money just because it's Star Wars.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54358

• sepultura510
  • "I warn you not to underestimate my powers"
  • Thank you received: 26
Says the guy that paid 400 bucks for a lightsaber. Since when is 60 bucks alot of money? Yes the add ons are a waste of money but the base game is more than worth it. You keep playing Shadows of the Empire and such...

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54359

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
The question of what is or is not worth X amount of money is wholly subjective. Let's not turn this into an argument folks. Each of us is free to have our opinion, but disputing personal feelings is, I think we can agree, pretty pointless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicallyInspired, sepultura510

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54360

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Yeah, agreed with Borom. I don't want to see this petty argument about buying a video game vs buying a lightsaber becoming something lock-worthy. Video games and lightsabers are two very different markets and spectrums, and it is next to impossible to compare them in this situation. Let's swallow our opinions and leave it at that.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
The following user(s) said Thank You: MusicallyInspired

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54361

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
I coudn't have better said it myself. Just to let you know, I agreed with Angry Joe's review of the game but THAT was back BEFORE they released MORE content and are doing what they promised. The game IS shaping up to be what you'd expect from a Star Wars titled game. Musicallyinspired would see it if he actually played the damn thing and actually saw how well it's being updated. But no, go right ahead and jump on the hate bandwagon, I'll go enjoy my game. BTW Mus.Inspired, there aren't any micro transactions, I have no idea where you get that idea from, proabably from other haters that told you this crap. There's only DLC that you pay for either separately or all with the season pass, and not ALL of the content that has been released has been payed for. As a matter of fact, MOST of it has all been for FREE. Whatever I really don't care, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I repect that, doesn't mean I like it though. "I may not agree with what you say, but you'd be damn right to know I'll defend your right to say it." -Voltaire (correct me if this not Voltaire, might be John Locke, can't remember lol)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (5 Posts)
    • I'm gonna just have to remove the pommel to pull the kill key, its a single allen, the sleep mode on...
    • Ezra (Rebels) Hilt Possib... (3 Posts)
    • The "Interest Sign-up Sheet" that Phil mentioned has been posted in the FB group. The link is here:...
    • Saberforge Heretic & ... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: I bought the Heretic on the 24th May and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. It will be my first...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (3 Posts)
    • The Apprentice versions are perfect. I'll give the Tanto a pass.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 20