Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Battlefront

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54363

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 77
I'm sorry, guys. I've been really sick yesterday and today and I've been a little grumpy so if I came off offensive or insulting I apologize. That said, I'm surprised some were so quick to turn so viscerally hostile on me when I wasn't even directing any criticism to any of you. I even complimented the game's good parts. I just said it's not worth the money. Allow me to clear up some things:

-I never said Battlefront carried microtransactions, I'm saying EA is no stranger to them and I can see the game easily going that route, especially if people fell for their overpriced deluxe edition packages. If they're giving out free DLC, that's great. I hope they continue down that road. I honestly do.

-I've never spent $400 on a lightsaber.....yet. ;)

-I've never played the original Battlefront games....well I have, but not back in the day. And only because it was in the Star Wars Humble Bundles. Honestly, it's not really my type of game, being multiplayer only. I'm against a high price tag on things that should really have much more content. I have the same beef with the new Street Fighter V. They've said that new free content will come down the pipe later on and that's fine. But I won't pay it up front. If the same thing is happening to Battlefront, awesome. But I won't pay until I see the content. I hold the same opinions for preorders and early access games, unless what's available is worthwhile content at a great price (like, say, Minecraft).

-I don't like Shadows of the Empire. However, Dark Forces is a fantastic, well-designed game with loads of worthwhile content and I will enjoy it until the day I die. "Outdated" or not.

-I'm not jumping on any bandwagons. I hate bandwagons. I react and make decisions based on what I see and the values I personally hold. I don't care about what anybody else is doing. I will offer my advice to others, though, so they can make informed decisions. I wasn't out to offend anybody for playing this game, just trying to raise awareness. My sick-induced grumpiness may have masked that.

I didn't berate anybody for paying EA's prices. I just said it wasn't worth it. And if you took offense to "EA knows how to dupe people," I'm sorry you lumped yourself into that category. However, some people were very quick to berate me for liking older games and going as far as to call them "outdated." Games don't get outdated and I find that notion ridiculous. But I suppose that's as subjective as anything else.

Again, I didn't come in here with the intent to offend anyone. And with that, if we're all good here, let's continue on topic (which means I'll abdicate from this thread because I don't have anything else to say on Battlefront and I'll never play it, but moreso because I have beef with EA than anything). No hard feelings.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sepultura510

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54365

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
MusicallyInspired wrote:
I'm sorry, guys. I've been really sick yesterday and today and I've been a little grumpy so if I came off offensive or insulting I apologize. That said, I'm surprised some were so quick to turn so viscerally hostile on me when I wasn't even directing any criticism to any of you. I even complimented the game's good parts. I just said it's not worth the money. Allow me to clear up some things:

-I never said Battlefront carried microtransactions, I'm saying EA is no stranger to them and I can see the game easily going that route, especially if people fell for their overpriced deluxe edition packages. If they're giving out free DLC, that's great. I hope they continue down that road. I honestly do.

-I've never spent $400 on a lightsaber.....yet. ;)

-I've never played the original Battlefront games....well I have, but not back in the day. And only because it was in the Star Wars Humble Bundles. Honestly, it's not really my type of game, being multiplayer only. I'm against a high price tag on things that should really have much more content. I have the same beef with the new Street Fighter V. They've said that new free content will come down the pipe later on and that's fine. But I won't pay it up front. If the same thing is happening to Battlefront, awesome. But I won't pay until I see the content. I hold the same opinions for preorders and early access games, unless what's available is worthwhile content at a great price (like, say, Minecraft).

-I don't like Shadows of the Empire. However, Dark Forces is a fantastic, well-designed game with loads of worthwhile content and I will enjoy it until the day I die. "Outdated" or not.

-I'm not jumping on any bandwagons. I hate bandwagons. I react and make decisions based on what I see and the values I personally hold. I don't care about what anybody else is doing. I will offer my advice to others, though, so they can make informed decisions. I wasn't out to offend anybody for playing this game, just trying to raise awareness. My sick-induced grumpiness may have masked that.

I didn't berate anybody for paying EA's prices. I just said it wasn't worth it. And if you took offense to "EA knows how to dupe people," I'm sorry you lumped yourself into that category. However, some people were very quick to berate me for liking older games and going as far as to call them "outdated." Games don't get outdated and I find that notion ridiculous. But I suppose that's as subjective as anything else.

Again, I didn't come in here with the intent to offend anyone. And with that, if we're all good here, let's continue on topic (which means I'll abdicate from this thread because I don't have anything else to say on Battlefront and I'll never play it, but moreso because I have beef with EA than anything). No hard feelings.
At least you're honest which is admirable. But it's best that you refrain from this thread any further, you shouldn't give opinions on something you've never tried and probably won't. That's like critiquing a movie when you haven't even seen and then going around telling people it sucks just because you think or heard it was bad so that should make you right, the purpose of this thread was for those who HAVE played the game AND enjoy it. Btw I didn't "fall" into EA's trap, I'm not stupid, I know exactly what I'm doing when I make decisions. I'm quite aware of the business strategies that EA chooses and although I do not condone them it's not going to stop me from playing a video game series that I actually have PLAYED before, hell I grew up with Battlefront. That is why I play it, it may not be the greatest damn game in the world but it's better than nothing. Your intention may not have been to offend but you really come off that way, go in peace my musically inspired friend and don't take this personally, I'm a hard person to offend, just tread more lightly, choose your words wisely, and think next time before pressing that "submit" button.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54371

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 77
I don't want to drag this on, but I want to only say this since you've replied and I want to ensure (again) that my intentions are clear and not misrepresented: I never said that what Battlefront DOES have is bad or sucks (of course I can't comment on that!), just that it didn't have enough to justify its price tag. This is a business practice that I disagree with that I've seen grow more and more brazen and audacious and I'm sorry to see more and more people accepting it as the norm. Yes, that's just my opinion. But no, it's not like critiquing a movie I've never seen.

I'm done this time I promise. Peace. Anyone wants to have a conversation about that PM me. Enjoy your game.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54402

• McCloud
  • Thank you received: 3
Battlefront is great! It was a little disappointing with the content that was initially included (or lack there of) vs the price of the game but I don't regret it. The first expansion is pretty fun, as are the new weapons and star cards. If you're an old Battlefront fan and you see this on sale...get it!

I play on PC of course, anything less is criminal (Graphics are amazing!).

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54467

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I love the game, lack of initial content was a tad concerning still enjoyable regardless. Does it bother me that we have to spend even more money to unlock content that is already on the game we spent 60 dollars for? Of course I am. It is becoming a new trend for games though. I am hoping that we get some content for May 4th though for free.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54468

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
MommyHoldMe wrote:
Does it bother me that we have to spend even more money to unlock content that is already on the game we spent 60 dollars for?

Woah, where did we find out that there was DLC content already on the game?
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Borommakot.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54471

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
I read it on a message board or reddit somewhere in November. A guy hacked into the game coding and found it. Can't remember exactly the source. It was during that Beta access.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54472

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I don't think that's accurate, unless EA did a really good job covering it up; that would make waves on reddit, and have been brought up again when the DLC actually released. The only DLC that had even been announced at that point was Jakku, which was free.

Battlefront 1 year 2 months ago #54477

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
I'll dig it up and find out what I saw. All I know is other games are using that model, or intend to. Have a full game ready DLC's included so they dont have to technically create content later on.

Battlefront 1 year 1 month ago #56087

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
By the way, I know DLCs are a matter of contention, but the outer rim one is free this weekend. I'm playing it now.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Battlefront 1 year 1 month ago #56093

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
It is? How is it?

Battlefront 1 year 1 month ago #56218

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
I think it's fun. Extraction was particularly awesome when my team and I frantically held the shipment very near the last checkpoint until the game ended and we won. Someone on the opposite team actually complimented us. Not what I was expecting.
And the maps are amazing-looking, but you knew that.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Battlefront 1 year 1 month ago #56341

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
The original sequel BattleFront 3 (for XBOX 360. I think?) That never officially came out. Is now capable of being played, but heavy modding will be needed on the console. That was 6 or more months ago, so it might be playable without a special mod? Personally, I was more into the original battlefronts.
However, the newer one is beautiful and as Greyjedidude was saying, if they come up with a better single player storyline. It would help. I don't play anywhere near as often as I used to and jumping in on the current setup, just gets me killed real fast. I'd like to learn a bit b4 putting myself in that maelstrom
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

Battlefront 7 months 1 week ago #69595

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
On PSN right now, Battlefront is on sale for $7.49*, and the season pass has dropped to $30, making it cheaper to get everything that way than the Ultimate Edition (game+all DLC for $40) that hit digital and retail recently.

*If you have PS+, which you need to play the game online anyway.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by Jaden Korr.

Battlefront 7 months 1 week ago #69604

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I'm pretty stoked about the Rogue One pack; word is that'll be out on the 6th.

Battlefront 7 months 2 days ago #69824

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member

And my anticipation for the 15th grows ever more.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (5 Posts)
    • I'm gonna just have to remove the pommel to pull the kill key, its a single allen, the sleep mode on...
    • Ezra (Rebels) Hilt Possib... (3 Posts)
    • The "Interest Sign-up Sheet" that Phil mentioned has been posted in the FB group. The link is here:...
    • Saberforge Heretic & ... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: I bought the Heretic on the 24th May and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. It will be my first...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (3 Posts)
    • The Apprentice versions are perfect. I'll give the Tanto a pass.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 20