Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Consular.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: dual Consulars

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10384

• Ribber
  • Thank you received: 16
Originally purchased to be a staff. Once I held them dual wield though, I quickly came to the understanding that they were never meant to be connected. These things fit my hand like a well worn leather glove. Take the covertech knob off and it's like lining that glove with fine silk. Smooth like a really smooth thing.

Except for around the emitter cutouts, there's not an edge to bite you. Careful you don't drool all over the choke, because it is completely drool-worthy. Insert any digit on either hand and spin away!

The transition of hilt to blade through the tapered and cut-out emitter is something to see! It accentuates the sleekness while adding aggression. Exhaust ports for my blade means it's GOTTA be tough, right?! 37" blade definitely looks 'right' on this hilt. Balance is a good 6" out from the tip of the emitter, feels a bit heavy on the wrist. Hilt length is exactly 10".

Couples together into a nice staff, my only wish is that the coupler had stops on it and shims, so you could get them lined up securely. But as previously stated, mine have conflicting spirits, and must never come together (except for the photo shoot below).

Crimson sound out of this thing is great. More bass and amplification that out of my Sorcerer. The long narrow chamber out the pommel must be the reason, as removing it changes the sound for the worse. Speakers are secure, no rattle whatsoever.

I opted for the weathered finish and purple blades. Certainly a discrepancy between the blade and finish colours but because I have 100% decided against the staff configuration I'm not going to let this QC issue bug me. I hadn't planned on a pink saber for quite some time, but I guess it's done and out of the way now lol :P

The one that is definitely purple... yes yes and yes. I do like the purple, a lot! The more pinkish one is great too. Maybe this is just an extreme of manufacturing tolerances in the LEDs. I would guess it is a half-step towards pink from purple. It's only standing out so much to me because they got the blade colours on my matching Sorcerers *spot on*.

As for the finish difference... one is very much black, the other is very much gun metal. I love this aspect of the pair, that there is an immediate visible difference. Each is its own, on its own.

I am absolutely satisfied with this saber, have let Saberforge know, and now I'm letting you know. It's one sweet piece of machining!

The typical overexposure of a cell phone pic doesn't really show the colour difference as much as IRL, especially so with blades attached.

May the Force serve you well.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Ribber. Reason: refining the review
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyran Azor

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10385

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 56
can we see some pics?
awesome review, now you've got me dieting to see them, I'm on the fence about getting a consular still, this might help me out!
thanks!

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10386

• Ribber
Sure thing, Luno-Jay, I'll get some cell phone pics up in a few minutes.

Luno-Jay wrote:
now you've got me dieting to see them

I won't make you do that! Please, have a Twinkie while you look at the pics ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308BJP

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10387

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
hahaha! ill have 2 :woohoo: damn auto correct!
thanks though!

they are gorgeous!! great color scheme!
is that the long coupler? i think they offer two different sizes, again they are beautiful!!
thanks! this really helped…the consular will defiantly be my next saber
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Luno-Jay.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10388

• Ribber
That is the long coupler. A friend owns the short coupler, but the holes are elongated a bit so I assumed his was the long version when compared to the round holes on the web page photo. Turns out it was just a slight design difference and it was the short one I wanted after all. Easy enough to add one to a future order though. Probably get a long and short coupler in the clean finish as well, just to keep all my options open. A little emery cloth is a must on the coupler holes. 2 quick spins inflicts "Death By One Thousand Cuts" upon your hand.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10390

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
thanks for the heads up! ill be sure to get something to prevent "death by a thousand tiny cuts" lol!
such a great looking staff combo, just gotta decide between weathered or classic…tough choice,
thanks again for the great review and pictures!! very much appreciated.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10392

• Ribber
Luno-Jay wrote:
thanks for the heads up! ill be sure to get something to prevent "death by a thousand tiny cuts" lol!
such a great looking staff combo, just gotta decide between weathered or classic…tough choice,
thanks again for the great review and pictures!! very much appreciated.

You're most welcome! Glad someone is finding my odd ramblings useful ;)

I am such a fan of weathered items but future sabers will definitely have more thought put into them than just selecting the weathered option automatically. The contrast of crisp black and shiny silver really looks great on many sabers, even those I would consider more Sith in design.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luno-Jay

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10394

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
yea, i am a big fan of the weathered look as well, but I'm having a hard time deciding for my consular
it just looks great to me both ways, i guess i can take the weathering off myself later if i wanted to like i have on my other saber, but just unsure.
i agree that the classic finish does look great even on some of the with designs, IE: the sorcerer,
something about the classic just makes it look that much more like a lightsaber to me.

it looks like on the consular weathering there is a greenish tint, is that how it is for yours? ( harder to tell in your pictures)
on the sorcerer i have the weathering is actually more of a blueish hue then black, which adds a lot to the details i think.. 3 different colorings gives it that repaired look, just comes out great.
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Luno-Jay.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10396

• Ribber
My 2 Consulars are different, one black and the other gun metal. I have been editing my review with little details such as this. I agree the different colour weathering only adds authenticity to that used and abused look. I may get brave and try swapping some parts around to see how it looks.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10397

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
good luck! be sure to post some pics. if you do, i love getting new ideas from peoples custom sabers.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10410

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
I love those sabers! I think sometime in the future when it finally comes to the top of my "want" list, I will ask for them to be all black, with perhaps just the rings at the choke point to be left polished aluminum. Like the opposite of of the standard finish, with the brightest red LEDs they offer at the time!

Congrats man! They are awesome!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10411

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
  • Thank you received: 11
so a note on this topic, i believe i have the Short coupler, and with it the two covertech knobs dont line up right, like the ones in your photo.
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10414

• Ribber
Thanks Brax. I can imagine your scheme... and they would look amazing!

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10415

• Ribber
supercookster401 wrote:
so a note on this topic, i believe i have the Short coupler, and with it the two covertech knobs dont line up right, like the ones in your photo.

I only set mine up that way for the photo. The coupler is not tight on either saber. I wish for stops on the coupler and some ring shims to get it nice and tight *and* buttons lined up.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10416

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
Ahhh okay that explains it lol yeah, rubber spacers are gonna be the ticket i think, although i am thinking of taking one covertech off since its a permanent staff for me, and hanging it on belt doesnt require two lol :P
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10421

• Ribber
The problem I see with rubber o rings is that there's nothing for them to compress between.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10422

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
yeah true, other option would be sanding down slivers of the coupler until the two sabers match up, although like i said im probably gonna remove one covertech (and put in a low profile thumb screw or something) so its not too big a problem for me atm

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10439

• Ribber
Luno-Jay wrote:
good luck! be sure to post some pics. if you do, i love getting new ideas from peoples custom sabers.

Turns out the Consular hilt is one piece, except for the pommel. There's not enough colour difference that swapping those really stands out, though I did leave them that way. I'm sure other sabers will come my way in the future that will have customization options. For now, I think I'll stick to working on the weathering. I've got a nice range of sanding films, with some .5 chromium oxide as a final step... should leave a nice mirror finish if I need to take it that far. Thanks again for that idea.

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10445

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
No worries Ribber! Sounds like you have a great idea for the finish, post some pics when your done please! Thanks for inspiring me to get a consular, I have a few customization ideas for it when it comes in, I'll be sure to post some pics so you guys can give me some feedback!

dual Consulars 2 years 1 month ago #10533

• Ribber
Brax wrote:
I love those sabers! I think sometime in the future when it finally comes to the top of my "want" list, I will ask for them to be all black, with perhaps just the rings at the choke point to be left polished aluminum. Like the opposite of of the standard finish, with the brightest red LEDs they offer at the time!

Congrats man! They are awesome!

Kinda totally stealing this concept and taking some sanding films to a Consular. So far, I've got the 2 choke rings polished up, planning on doing the 8 rings on the grip as well.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119