Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Consular.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Weathered, Warrior Tier, 12W Indigo

Weathered, Warrior Tier, 12W Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #14235

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
This isn't my first consular; in fact, earlier in this very forum you can see my first one, which was a standard finish with 12W amber. That being said, this review probably will not be very in depth, and mostly for some pictures and notes on this particular hilt.

The Consular itself is an amazing, simple, and elegant design, which is very comfortable, very easy to spin, well-balanced, with an amazing choke point and solid grip. The beauty in the consular lays within its simplicity and elegance; a few simple windows around the emitter, and a grooved choke point are all it needs for this saber to scream "Awesome." And BE awesome.

I ordered my saber, weathered, with black AV switches... this is what I got:

Weathered, with ONE black, ONE silver dummy switch... it throws me off, and I'm not sure I like it, just yet. I don't know why they made it that way... I'm still considering sending a message in next week (as it's the weekend of the 4th, I'd rather just wait until AFTER the holiday to pester someone) and find out why this is this way... it's not necessary BAD, it's just a little jarring in appearance, to have two-toned AV switches. On the standard finish, I can actually see this as being rather cool, to further accent the dual-toned appearance of the saber itself. On the weathered, however, the one single pure silver dummy switch just seems a little out of place.

All of that aside, the saber is phenomenal.

The simple, yet nice, detailing for the grip...

The bright, amazing indigo LED...

And, my surprise. I've been talking with SF a bunch recently, and was asking about how to buy some shirts and the like, because I really wanted to wear them and help represent SF.

They sent me one! So I took some saber pics of it.

The topic has been locked.

Weathered, Warrior Tier, 12W Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #14239

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
I have always liked the Consular.

Of all the Initiate sabers, this is the one that always stood out to me. I don't dislike the others, it's just that this one stood out in ways I could appreciate.

Another great review!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: chaoticneutral

Weathered, Warrior Tier, 12W Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #14242

• michaelcheddar
  • Thank you received: 1
I like that indigo color!

To be honest, the two different color switches would bother me too. My saber should be shipped soon, I hope they got my special requests in the Etsy order comments, I can be a little nuts about some things if they don't look right. :dry:

Weathered, Warrior Tier, 12W Indigo 1 year 11 months ago #14243

• Darth Oculus
  • Thank you received: 1
I love it looks good even with two different color switches. That's the indigo blade, looks awesome I want one for my ASP that I pledged on Kickstarter. Can't wait for the saber generator to design my a Sith Inquistor saber.

Weathered, Warrior Tier, 12W Indigo 1 year 6 days ago #60553

• JediLCD
  • Thank you received: 9
Honestly I love the consular and I love the indigo even more than the hilt, I am very jealous, I am afraid I might not be able to get a saber of my own until Christmas 2016, because I do not have the funds to get one :S anyways I loved the review and I loved your hilt and color choices

Weathered, Warrior Tier, 12W Indigo 1 year 6 days ago #60613

• Tech_God
  • Thank you received: 9
Very nice saber! Then again, I'm a sucker for anything with windows!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119