Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Consular.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish)

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33294

• GoldenMongoose
So I am finally ready for my review of my girlfriends new Consular saber.
Ordered 11/16/2015, and they arrived 01/16/2016. I was very excited that they arrived in two months as I was expecting to wait at least three. The whole transaction process was excellent and hassle free.

Now on to the review:
Pros:
-Beautiful hilts. The craftsmanship on this saber is just elegant. My girlfriend has no problem wielding this saber with one or two hands, and says it is just comfortable.
-The color. The purple on this thing is amazingly bright. Even with just the 6W I can't really imagine a brighter blade
-Excellent Dueling. She has already busted her saber out in some light-mid sparring and it is fantastic.

Cons:
-The only con is that I didn't purchase these sooner

I also purchased two 6W Acolyte Deep Blue sabers for myself to dual wield. Feel free to check out picks and a review over on the appropriate page.

Pictures:

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by GoldenMongoose.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33296

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
What kinda blade is that? Consulars are awesome, and that purple looks great!

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33297

• GoldenMongoose
The blade is a purple diffused day blade from Vader's Vault. I have two blue ones as well for my Acolytes. They look great lit up or not

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33299

• Elim Vos
  • Thank you received: 17
That is a beautiful purple blade, is the LED white or also purple?
"You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things you've created. The day will come when you can't hide from the things you have done anymore."

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33301

• GoldenMongoose
The LED is the 6W purple, which I believe is just a combination of the blue and red LED. The color works out really neat that doesn't really show up in the picture. The base definitely has a bit more of a red flair, then goes to solid purple in the middle, and finishes off with a little bit more of a blue hue at the tip.

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33370

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1095
That is an awesome Consular man! I love that model, and once ASP goes live, and any new releases that might be pending in the first quarter of the year are out, if there is nothing in the new stuff that impresses me more than the Consular, there will be one in my collection soon afterward.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33497

• GoldenMongoose
Definitely can't go wrong with any of those choices.

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33512

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
GoldenMongoose wrote:
The LED is the 6W purple, which I believe is just a combination of the blue and red LED. The color works out really neat that doesn't really show up in the picture. The base definitely has a bit more of a red flair, then goes to solid purple in the middle, and finishes off with a little bit more of a blue hue at the tip.

SF uses royal blue and red in their purple LEDs. Regular blue and red makes pink (as counter-intuitive as that sounds). SF almost needs to put a PSA about that on their hero tier sabers page, since I've seen many people order hero tier sabers with red and regular blue, thinking they'd get purple, wait 8+ weeks for their order, and end up with pink.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33606

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
SF uses royal blue and red in their purple LEDs. Regular blue and red makes pink (as counter-intuitive as that sounds). SF almost needs to put a PSA about that on their hero tier sabers page, since I've seen many people order hero tier sabers with red and regular blue, thinking they'd get purple, wait 8+ weeks for their order, and end up with pink.
Valid point. Doesn't the Spark Color 2 Board on Hero Tier's allow further color manipulation either through on-board menu or the color editor on PC?

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33614

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Ouin OvrcAHst wrote:
Valid point. Doesn't the Spark Color 2 Board on Hero Tier's allow further color manipulation either through on-board menu or the color editor on PC?
I believe so, but I think that requires the RGBA LED.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #33666

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 826
Hi all,

The full colour mixing option does require the RGBA setup and Knytiri has posted a review of his Exalted and explains how the on board menu for colour change works.
The link is here if you want to know more:

https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/exhalted/1994-hero-exhalted-rgba#22476

The configuration of the 6/6/12 Hero tier refers to functions like blade flicker and FOC.

Hope this helps

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 5 months ago #34001

• slenaas
  • Thank you received: 6
I ordered my consular 2 weeks ago, reading this review makes me only more anxious to get mine!
Blades:

1. Consular yellow

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 4 months ago #41111

• Schwizzle
  • Thank you received: 8
Just for reference, is that a 32 inch blade? Knowing the hilt length I used a ruler to find out what the scale ratio was and came to around 28 inches, so 32 is the next closest option.

The reason I ask is that I ordered a 37 inch blade with my Consular, but if that is how long the 32 inch is, I'm starting to wonder if I only need the 32 inch.

BTW, I am 6'2"
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Schwizzle.

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 4 months ago #41146

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 826
Hi Schwizzle,

I am 6' tall and have a 32" blade, you need to consider what you are going to use the saber for, are you going to be performing spins and tricks or just duelling or is for display? 32" blades give good weight balance and is preferred for spinning. 37" blades are more screen accurate but can be heavier towards the tip. There shouldn't be any issue with brightness any more with the 12W+ LED so either length blade will be well lit.

Fellow member Miraluka has posted pics to demonstrate the difference between the two blade lengths, he is however 5'9" tall but you can see the differences clearly.
Here is the link to his post:

Blade Length Comparison

To conclude, I am 6' tall and the 32" blade works well, with my hand at my hip bone the tip of the blade clears the floor by 1-1.5in.
I hope this helps,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schwizzle

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 1 year 4 months ago #41192

• Schwizzle
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks For Tyeth. The pictures do help. I like the length of the 37" actually. I don't plan on dueling a whole lot, maybe just random breakouts here and there,, so I'll try the 37" first just to see how it feels, will get a 32" in the future if needed.

I've been getting creative with the ASP builder, so I'm definitely getting another one at some point :-).

6W Warrior Consular Purple ( Standard Finish) 9 months 3 weeks ago #67080

• prophetic_joe
  • Thank you received: 4
That is gorgeous. I bought a Consular for my daughter to bang around with me and plan to install purple leds as well. Nice to get an idea of what it could look like. That VV blade looks great too. I am building my own for dueling to save a little money but for display or trooping that blade would be way nicer.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5307
  • Latest Member: RobdertHeX
  • Total Posts: 56.3k
  • Total Topics: 4718
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0