Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Republic commando armor scratch build WIP

Republic commando armor scratch build WIP 3 months 3 weeks ago #76214

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 231
So, I started on my RC armor recently and wanted to start a thread for those who are interested.

First I cut a basic chest shape from an old plastic planter that I had kicking around, this will provide a rigid backing to build my foam over.

From the artwork, RC katarn armor has a central yoke. I started by wrapping a strip of foam around the base and building the yoke on top for the proper depth.

Using a paper template, I traced the shape of the upper chest and transfered to the foam.

After gluing these to the chest I work on filling gaps and bevels with some bondo.

After some drying time, I give it a coat of black primer

Next, I will coat with fiberglass but that will have to wait, for now I also built the shoulders

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, DK44
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• The Last Jedi Trailer #2 (7 Posts)
    • Goosebumps indeed! :woohoo:
    • Quote: Scared of the power he sees in Rey, like that of one other where it was corrupted. Don't know if he...
    • Scared of the power he sees in Rey, like that of one other where it was corrupted. Don't know if he...
    • Practical thoughts on ASP... (20 Posts)
    • Quote: Dang, I knew that it looked familiar somehow . So you're saying that after countless design...
    • Looks good. Trailers usually do, as did TFA's trailer. Let's see how well the actual movie holds up....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5780
  • Latest Member: BarryDania
  • Total Posts: 60.2k
  • Total Topics: 4987
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 27