Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!)

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #15683

• PunsofDamage
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi all!

So I'm working on finding/making the last few props for my cosplay and I need some help! Specifically, I can't seem to find the right boots or gloves for the costume. I'm going for a jedi so I have a tunic (tan/brown) and some pants that work well with it. Also have a makeshift belt that works better than anything I've found elsewhere (aka an old leather guitar strap).

But I need boots and I want gloves- and boots/gloves that could hold up to dueling would be great. I'm not opposed to grabbing Ravenswood gloves but if I could find anything or make anything cheaper I would (the airsoft gloves I've seen would work well for dueling but not so much for cosplay).

Boot-wise, almost everything I've found is around $60 and up. And that's about as high as I can afford to go right now- but everything I've looked at doesn't seem like it'd hold up to dueling/being worn often.

Any advice on where to get them (yes I've looked through the resources thread!) or how to go about making them would be appreciated! :) Thanks!

Will post WIP thread once my saber arrivesss.
"In a world world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #15719

• Spudafett511
  • Thank you received: 1
Tragic mountain on ebay has some good boots they are pleat her but mine have held up well.

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #17079

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
I was just playing around on the Geek shopping app and they have some cool gloves on there.
Not sure about the quality, but the prices are decent. I ordered a pair of the top left ones so I will see how those are. They have lots of other toys on there too.

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #17085

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I'm perpetually amazed by how hard it is to come by good cosplaying gloves and boots. Whenever I watch the Star Wars commentaries and they talk about how most of their costumes were pulled together from garbage and "found" materials I cringe at how expensive cosplaying can be.

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #17242

• Spudafett511
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes cosplaying is a very expensive hobby. I just finished my first costume and already planning my second...once you start you can't stop gah!

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #17246

• TheBrayster
  • Thank you received: 5
I very recently finished my first cosplay outfit and immediately decided it just wasn't enough so now I'm essentially making a new one.

As I'm going the saberstaff route (Two Venemous Fury) I was something that is very light but still sithy. I don't really want to commission an Obi because I just don't have the money for that, but need somethign similar.

For gloves I use these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E5VH70G?refRID=BM0W0E7HZY6DKV7WJEER&ref_=pd_ys_sf_s_318949011_b4_1_p

I actually need to work out some good bracers myself, so I'm interested to see if anyone has any suggestions on that (both arm and leg)

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #17320

• Master Venable
  • Thank you received: 2
I use the Geek app too, and bought black tactical gloves for about $2

For boots, I use ebay.
The ebay item id given is invalid, no result has been sent

A google search for Jedi boots, or Brown Knee-high boots will have you occupied for a few minutes. Remember though, if you are planning to be in the boots for a long time-make sure they are comfortable. Some gel in-soles might be in your future.
Emotion, yet Peace.
Ignorance, yet Knowledge

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PhoenixLightSaberAcademy/
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Master Venable.

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #17356

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Don't know if this will help, are up to the specs you want, or if they're even quite the style you're looking for, but I noticed earlier that Museum Replicas has their knock-off Jedi boots on clearance for $49.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Help please! (Boots, gloves and bracers!) 2 years 2 months ago #17384

• Syph-1
You can also check out equestrian riding boots. After looking though many forums came across a bit of info stating that was the actual style used in some of the movies. Boots run from $50 on up. I found you get what you pay for when it comes to boots though.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber for my daughter (8 Posts)
    • hmm I suppose I could choose a smoother switch section
    • For better or for worse..... (10 Posts)
    • Quote: EDIT: My mistake, mustn't have been awake enough when I made the comment, thought it was the Jade...
    • :lol: only thing I'd bring to your attention (given the sensitivity of Victoria's hands) are the...
    • Order modification (7 Posts)
    • Quote: So i ordered a Champion Crystal Ares and at the time I didn't know what energy vibration was and so...
    • True and true like I told For Tyeth Anakin has nothing on my Victoria lol. Just be sure to never...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5837
  • Latest Member: RawUtentere
  • Total Posts: 60.8k
  • Total Topics: 5047
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 38