Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stepping with style: practical question on saber t

Stepping with style: practical question on saber t 2 months 2 weeks ago #81677

• Major_Tom
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Hi guys, lots of con goers and cosplayers among you. My question is what do you do with your sabers when not dueling/spinning? Do you hang it with the blade still attached? Do you use those VV saber sheathes? Do you detach the blade and hang it from your covertech? What do you do with your blade?

I had the thought of using some thematically appropriate quiver or sheath on my back to store blades while not in use.... thoughts?
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stepping with style: practical question on saber t 2 months 2 weeks ago #81678

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1504
This is how I display the majority of mine.

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Stepping with style: practical question on saber t 2 months 2 weeks ago #81679

• Major_Tom
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 22
Oh my. Thats an expensive lamp right there. Is that a poo cue holder?

I'd be lying if i said i wasnt jelly
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion

Stepping with style: practical question on saber t 2 months 2 weeks ago #81680

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 763
My convention sabers all use thinwall blades for the reduced weight, and I just lug the complete saber around all day.

Stepping with style: practical question on saber t 2 months 2 weeks ago #81681

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1504
Major_Tom wrote:
Oh my. Thats an expensive lamp right there. Is that a poo cue holder?

I'd be lying if i said i wasnt jelly

Yup! It is a pool cue rack!

In the past, I have also used these kayak paddle holders to display without blades. That works too, and it's pretty inexpensive.

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Stepping with style: practical question on saber t 2 months 2 weeks ago #81687

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 442
For cons I have the saber bag from the WonderForce Kickstarter. It's pretty sweet, but I have no idea if they're gonna bring them back at all. Holds two up to 40" blades in the main section, then has two pouches attached: one for misc stuff (charger, allen keys, blade plugs, etc) and one that can hold two hilts in it. Complete with shoulder strap, it is VERY convenient. I really hope they make more of them.

I also have the "Leather Saber Holder" from VV (the one with the metal rings). If I'm only taking one saber/blade, then I just use that. With a short blade it doesn't smack people in the legs too much, lol.

For at home display/storage... blades go into cut-down boxes that sabers come in (see above). I have dayblades in one, show blades in another, and dueling blades in a third. Sabers go on a plethora of display stands on a variety of shelves, mostly the top of the hutch on my desk. I recently cleared shelf space in my bedroom and have more stands on the way to spread them out a bit LOL.

This is about 80% of my collection, and yes... that is a .45 scale MR Yoda down in front. B)
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by KelbornX.

Stepping with style: practical question on saber t 2 months 2 weeks ago #81693

• Sylabus
  • Thank you received: 35
At conventions, the blade is in my garment bag with my costumes and other swords (Master Sword and/or Miló in there) with the physical hilt in my suitcase. Allen key is in the make-up bag. When not being carried fully assembled or in the baggage, the storage is....less than optimal. The family Master Replicas are on display in our basement pc room and my collection sits in 2 spots. Blades and beater US hilt behind my door, 3 hilts in a stack by my upholstery scissors under my horde of Toothless plushies and the Archon is wrapped in fleece to protect the paint and sits under one of my Master Swords and my Moonlight Scimitar. The tiny room situation suuuuuuucks. Lol
"I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." ~Monty Oum

Stepping with style: practical question on saber t 2 months 2 weeks ago #81751

• Darth Umbrex
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a military style tactical satchel bag I use at conventions it has 2 slots on the sides perfect for carrying my blades.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Crystal Blade Plug (29 Posts)
    • I know this is probably not going to be possible, but I figured id ask anyway: Is it possible to...
    • SithStalking (9 Posts)
    • That was a fun one to build. I can attest to the sheer size of it, which presented it's own...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Quote: limited???? curse my college brokeness Oh no... ask family for early birthday $$! I thought this was...
    • FOR SALE - Flex 2.0 with ... (1 Posts)
    • $225 - price includes shipping This is an EMPTY static hilt. It is a Korbanth Flex 2.0 with a TGS...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6452
  • Latest Member: madaqasq
  • Total Posts: 64.1k
  • Total Topics: 5428
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 40
  • Yesterday Answer: 47