Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Suggestions for Scar

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16639

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 22
Hello SaberForgers! I'm pretty new here and I'm starting working on my first Jedi cosplay outfit. I actually submitted my custom request to Twin Roses Designs today. I'm so excited!

Anyway the purpose of this post is that I want to have a scar down one side of my face going over my eye something like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v670/chirotob/SZb_zps0qtt0qgy.jpg. Anyone have any good suggestions on how I would do that? I assume the only real way to do that is make-up, but wouldn't know where to start.

I also plan on getting a cloudy eye contact to where in that eye.
Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16640

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
Ugh Twin Roses Designs isn't taking custom orders until after November 10. Me = Crushed :( Anyone have any good suggestions on where else I might be able to get custom jedi outfit made? Want to have a finalized costume before TFA comes out.
Sabers owned:
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16642

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Want to have a finalized costume before TFA comes out.
^This right here is why you're gonna have a dog of a time trying to find a custom shop/seamstress not already booked. Quality is hard to come by and takes time. Have you considered buying the costume in pieces from other sources?

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16643

• Broll
  • Premium Member
I've already started doing some of that. I've got boots. I've got alternate places I can get Robes and Saber belt. I wouldn't know how I could get the tunic in pieces which was the main thing I was looking for from TRD.
Sabers owned:
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16644

• Nevira
  • Thank you received: 2
For the scar, you can use liquid latex or rigid collodion. Liquid latex creates a raised/bumpy scar look, but can require some layering and makeup to achieve your desired look. Latex is also good to make a prosthetic that can then be applied to your face with spirit gum. Rigid collodion is great for if you want an indented scar or are allergic to latex. You can also put makeup on collodion if you want to make the scar more noticeable or to look like it's still healing.

Do NOT put latex or collodion on your eyelid, though. It can damage your eyes. If you want the scar to extend over your eyelid, just use eyeshadow or other eye-safe makeup to match the color of the rest of your scar.

Here's a nice tutorial on liquid latex scars. Collodion is pretty straightforward to use, but here's a video on applying collodion and using makeup for effects.

Whichever one you use, be sure to do a test patch on your arm to see if/how your skin reacts to it before applying on your face.

Hope this helps :)

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16645

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Whichever one you use, be sure to do a test patch on your arm to see if/how your skin reacts to it before applying on your face.
This. This times 1,000. I don't want to talk about it.

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16646

• Broll
  • Premium Member
Thanks Nevira I'll look into that.

I'm so bummed. Apparently their cut off for custom orders was last week. This is clearly labeled on their Facebook page but not on their website (didn't know they had a Facebook page till they replied back). I was thinking 4 months was plenty of time, but I didn't factor in the fact that they get slammed with Halloween orders and have a black out due to that. Oh well, live and learn. I was wringing my hands over putting this order in for a month, this is what I get for waiting. Oh well.

What I'm probably gonna do is buy a non-custom robe from TRD and a saber belt from SaberForge. Then try and put in a rush order for the tunic in November. Worst comes to worse I'll at least have the robe and the belt.
Sabers owned:
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16650

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Khloes custom shop on etsy does custom work. If you check out my cosplay revealed thread, the robes and tunic are from her shop. Decent prices and a good time frame, good quality for the cloth, so I would definitely recommend giving them a shot. :) she can do just about any color scheme you want and I believe she still works with people to do custom designs as well. Just send em a message and ask, can't hurt, right? ;)

As for the scar... i have no clues. I'd blindly follow the others advice because makeup and stuff like that is definitely not my area of expertise lol

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16666

• Nevira
  • Thank you received: 2
h2soy wrote:
This. This times 1,000. I don't want to talk about it.
I know that feel. *pat pat*

Suggestions for Scar 2 years 2 months ago #16835

• Broll
  • Premium Member
Thanks Knytiri. I've reached out to Khloes and looks like I'm probably going to get my costume made there. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nevira, thanks for the informative post. I hope to get some stuff and do some trials with that in a few weeks. I'll post results at some point.
Sabers owned:
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Which Length of Blade Sho... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Hello! I just joined the saberforge forum today mainly because I have one question. I was looking to...
    • Order modification (9 Posts)
    • Quote: As for the blade, I want a *longer* blade than ordered, so in order to cut it to length, I may need...
    • Saber for my daughter (9 Posts)
    • It'd be sharp in the DT finish but if you got it anodised black (like the emitter finish) it wont...
    • Which Length of Blade Sho... (2 Posts)
    • Hello! I just joined the saberforge forum today mainly because I have one question. I was looking to...
    • Order modification (9 Posts)
    • So in the original email i included my order# in both subject and body. As for the blade, I want a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5838
  • Latest Member: peyneust
  • Total Posts: 60.8k
  • Total Topics: 5048
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 38