Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Jedi Shadow

Jedi Shadow 2 years 11 months ago #1066

• Obiwannabe
  • The Great Way has no gate, there are thousands of paths to it. If you pass through the barrier, you walk the universe alone.
  • Thank you received: 8
Here is my first Jedi costume. These were taken at my parent's house where I was using mom's sewing machine just after I finished. That's why I look out of it. Also why they aren't action poses. Also I don't have a lightsaber yet, so no action poses. Though I'm excited to order a champion 12 watt grandmaster very soon, when I can figure out what blue I want! I don't have a belt yet, not sure if I'm going to go traditional jedi belt or something else. Must confess mom made the coat for me years ago, before I learned to sew. Before I thought I would want to learn to sew. About the design, I do a lot of Renaissance Faires and wanted to give a nod to European style which is why I went with tunics instead of the Oriental gi wrap. I just tweaked it a bit so it doesn't look historical. I really don't have a character or backstory. After reading Jedi vs. Sith and the Jedi Handbook I thought Jedi Shadows sounded interesting, and after retiring from more active duty becoming a Jedi Seer. Though that would require switching from the Sentinels to the Consulars as I understand it, and not sure if that was done. As for timeline, I'm most familiar with the clone wars from the series, novels, and comics I've got into. But maybe I'll develop all that a little more in time. For now I hope you guys like it and when I get some accessories maybe I'll see some of you around.

It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by DarthMario95. Reason: Embedded pictures in body of post for convenience
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf master Lucien Kane, Brox Mander, Echo Trval, Lycan

Jedi Shadow 2 years 11 months ago #1068

• sf master Lucien Kane
  • Premium Member
  • Knight of Tythos Ridge
  • Thank you received: 135
cool work! To me it looks like it should go under something. Armor accents or an intricate harness, system would totally make this. Just my opinion! great job.
"This challenge you will not overcome. Your lightsaber is nothing against the power of the dark side."
"That's why I always carry two."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Obiwannabe

Jedi Shadow 2 years 11 months ago #1070

• Brox Mander
  • Jedi until the end..and beyond.
  • Thank you received: 3
Nice design!
Five Bothans died to bring you this information.

Jedi Shadow 2 years 11 months ago #1073

• Rekesh
  • Thank you received: 1
I really like how you did the layering for the different materials.
"Men will lie to you. Your eyes will deceive you. Steel never lies, nor deceives, not hides bitter reality. In the sword, you can find truth."

Jedi Shadow 2 years 11 months ago #1082

• Obiwannabe
  • The Great Way has no gate, there are thousands of paths to it. If you pass through the barrier, you walk the universe alone.
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks guys. I don't know anything about constructing armor but maybe I'll look into something. I think just adding a belt over the sash will help a lot. Also after looking at the photos I went back and added a higher collar on the under tunic, looks much better now.
It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Order modification (7 Posts)
    • Quote: So i ordered a Champion Crystal Ares and at the time I didn't know what energy vibration was and so...
    • Saber for my daughter (6 Posts)
    • True and true like I told For Tyeth Anakin has nothing on my Victoria lol. Just be sure to never...
    • Saber for my daughter (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Well I am thinking about getting her own saber. So came up with this design [attachment] Any and all...
    • Dominion is ALMOST Comple... (3 Posts)
    • I got a wee bit impatient and wanted to swing it around a bit. Empty paper towel roll, tissues, and...
    • Thanks Darth Squidious! (4 Posts)
    • Edon, Darth S Very very nice...me like!! A lot!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5840
  • Latest Member: valliecraft783072
  • Total Posts: 60.8k
  • Total Topics: 5047
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 38