Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Darth Revan 501st accurate costume

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2718

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Hi guys!

I want to show you my official Darth Revan costume that I bought online a few years ago from a passionnate costume and armorsmith named Robert. His costumes are all handmade and are movie/video game/cartoon accurate. With this awesome costume, I joined the ranks of the 501st Legion Canadian Garrison four years ago. All of his costumes are meeting the criterias for the 501st, and customized in order to fit your body measurements. Here is the link to his website and a few images of my costume:

Hope you guys like it!

Is there any other Darth Revan ''cosplayers'' out here? If so, I want to see your costumes (not to compare, just to feel less alone, there's only two Revans in the entire Canadian garrison)!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sf master Lucien Kane, Arkon, Miraluka, Silabus, MystByte, Copper, punkazzINC, Borommakot

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2719

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Thank you received: 62
Darth Revan wrote:
Hi guys!

I want to show you my official Darth Revan costume that I bought online a few years ago from a passionnate costume and armorsmith named Robert. His costumes are all handmade and are movie/video game/cartoon accurate. With this awesome costume, I joined the ranks of the 501st Legion Canadian Garrison four years ago. All of his costumes are meeting the criterias for the 501st, and customized in order to fit your body measurements. Here is the link to his website and a few images of my costume:

Hope you guys like it!

Is there any other Darth Revan ''cosplayers'' out here? If so, I want to see your costumes (not to compare, just to feel less alone, there's only two Revans in the entire Canadian garrison)!

This is absolutely awesome! I just recentl;y got to the part in Kotor 1 where the Revan reveal happened! I've been wanting a Revan or Sith Acoltye mask for a while now as well!

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2721

• Copper
  • Thank you received: 5
That's fantastic! I wouldn't even know where to begin making a costume like that.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2722

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Well the most difficult parts are the mask and the torso. They're made of cast urethane and vacuum formed plastics with LED lights. That's all I know, so I'm not gonna pretend like I know how to do It. I know for instance that it took him some time to create a perfect pattern for the mask. I'm sure there's plenty of tutorials on the internet on how to make a mask, but the result will for sure not be the same!

Mystbyte: The guy who made my costume sell pieces for it on his website. You need to contact him first. For example, the mask alone is 90$. He's also currently working on a Sith Acolyte mask and armor. I suggest you to give it a look, it's worth the price! And you're right, Revan's history in KOTOR 1 is more than epic! That's where my love for the character started! It evolved from games and books to buying myself a full costume!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Darth Revan. Reason: Mistake

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2725

• Copper
For a number of years I have longed to get an authentic trooper costume worthy of the 501st, the troopers may be cannon fodder but I have always loved the look! Unfortunately I don't have the hands skills anymore (neck injury resulting in loss of some finger/hand dexterity) and they aren't cheap, and that's just the commercial sale ones not good enough for the 501st.

Hope you have years of fun with the Darth Revan costume :)

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2726

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Well that's sad to read mate! I just hope it's not restraining you too much! You're right, some costumes are a pain in the *** to make while some others will empty your wallet, your bank account and your organs (I know a guy who gave one leg for his costume... I'M JOKING), all a the same time. I've read the criterias for some costumes other than mine! For exemple, the Darth Vader costume is... Well, there's no word! I'll let you see for yourself:

Revan: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_revan
Vader: http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:SL_esb_vader

I'm gonna be honest, I paid my costume 930$, in order to meet all the criterias and be admitted. Being a member of the 501st is defending and promoting a noble cause, but it's not worth wasting your life and your money on a costume. Some fans are just more intense than others i guess!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2727

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
I would really love a solid metal mask. I'm sure it would be heavy and expensive as fuck, but the awesomeness will deifinitely outweigh that.

I don't think anyone does metal masks though, especially not of a Sith Acolyte (I just love the Acolyte mask so much more than RevaN'S)

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2731

• Copper
The neck is ok just no contact sports or heavy lifting anymore fortunately I'm of a rank there's not much need for me to do the manual stuff anymore :) It's more a pain in the ass not being able to do anything finely dexterous or rigorous hobbies anymore. I tend to spend most of my time messing on the pc photoshopping or video editing.

Yeah I've read some of those 501st CRLs, but you really have to admire the skill and dedication. I wouldn't mind paying; but a trooper commercial sale kit is £900+ ($1300+) and it needs serious work to bring it up to code from what I've read... and ofc the Mrs is scowling at me spending $600+ on a couple of lightsabers lol but you never know what tomorrow brings it's taken me 37 years to get my first lightsabers so who knows I may get that trooper eventually ;)

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2734

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Copper wrote:
I wouldn't mind paying; but a trooper commercial sale kit is £900+ ($1300+) and it needs serious work to bring it up to code from what I've read... and ofc the Mrs is scowling at me spending $600+ on a couple of lightsabers lol but you never know what tomorrow brings it's taken me 37 years to get my first lightsabers so who knows I may get that trooper eventually ;)

Damn I wish I wasn't still a student so I could afford sweet stuff like this

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2735

• Copper
Lol and I wish I was in my 20s again :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MystByte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2743

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Myst: I'm still a student myself! But a dream is a dream! Sooner or later, if you have one, you'll find a way to reach it! Mine was a question of money, and be sure I saved money for a few months in order to be able to buy it (like my lightsabers)! And for the metal mask, it sure could be possible. It would feel more like the real thing! But for that you would need the help of a real armorsmith, and that cannot be found on every corner. If you make some researchs I'm sure you're gonna find one, but once again, you're gonna have to put the price!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2744

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Darth Revan wrote:
Myst: I'm still a student myself! But a dream is a dream! Sooner or later, if you have one, you'll find a way to reach it! Mine was a question of money, and be sure I saved money for a few months in order to be able to buy it (like my lightsabers)! And for the metal mask, it sure could be possible. It would feel more like the real thing! But for that you would need the help of a real armorsmith, and that cannot be found on every corner. If you make some researchs I'm sure you're gonna find one, but once again, you're gonna have to put the price!
Oh you're a student too! Cool! I assumed most people on here were older, because star wars came out in the 70s!

I'll definitely have to look around for an armor smith and see if it's doable. That, or save up and get a Deathwatch suit.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2748

• Copper
MystByte wrote:
I assumed most people on here were older, because star wars came out in the 70s!

OLD! 70s! Why I oughta.... ohhh ok
But we're all still kids at heart :P

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2749

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Copper wrote:
MystByte wrote:
I assumed most people on here were older, because star wars came out in the 70s!

OLD! 70s! Why I oughta.... ohhh ok
But we're all still kids at heart :P
the 70s aren't 30 years ago anymore :P

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2750

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
I've been initiated to Star Wars when I was 3! Now I'm 23 and my love for the saga couldn't be bigger (my costume is an example of my love and devotion). I could try to make a few researchs to help you find what you're looking for! In what area do you live (just so I can find something close)?
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2751

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Darth Revan wrote:
I've been initiated to Star Wars when I was 3! Now I'm 23 and my love for the saga couldn't be bigger (my costume is an example of my love and devotion). I could try to make a few researchs to help you find what you're looking for! In what area do you live (just so I can find something close)?
Ontario, 45 mins form Toronto :)

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2752

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Sweet another Canadian! Let me see what I can find!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2754

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
Darth Revan wrote:
Sweet another Canadian! Let me see what I can find!
A fellow Canadian! It's a pleasure! I did find one blacksmith, and I am about to contact them! Might need to end up using something american

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 5 months ago #2794

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
There's many versions of the Sith Acolyte Mask. They all have different ''markings'', and they're very beautiful! I got three examples, just to show you how it may vary. The last one is my favorite (even if not that manly)!
Attachments:
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 4 months ago #4587

• Darth Nevik
  • Thank you received: 2
On ebay today I saw listed under star wars props, a aluminum acolyte mask that someone is making and selling, in the description it says aluminum cast if that helps mystbyte.
Powerful he has become.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Nolaan's ASP 12w+ Lime Gr... (6 Posts)
    • Are those greeblies known for falling off at some point? I won't be dueling with the saber so it...
    • Nolaan's ASP 12w+ Lime Gr... (6 Posts)
    • Great balance of parts, you may need to use locktite on the greeblies on the Mauler body section....
    • Building My First Lightsa... (3 Posts)
    • First, you need to clarify a bit what it is you want to build. 1. Do you want just light or do you...
    • Anovos Shock Trooper Helm... (6 Posts)
    • Yeah, someone I know on another forum just got a Black Series and he really likes it, even if it is...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5240
  • Latest Member: ThomasNob
  • Total Posts: 56k
  • Total Topics: 4671
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 18