Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Darth Revan 501st accurate costume

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 4 months ago #4593

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Or Like I said, Robert, the guy who made my costume, is selling an accurate polyethurane version for 100 bucks! Quality is not enough to describe the product! I'm considering buying one!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 4 months ago #4807

• IosefKoranison
  • Thank you received: 4
Oh man, I remember finding that website years ago and being blown away! His costumes are amazing.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 4 months ago #4816

• JShelar
  • Thank you received: 9
He is working on the Jedi Temple Guard from TCW right now. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 4 months ago #4819

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
More accurately, he's working on the MASK! The armor is gonna have to wait! He got three orders to finish before he can start working again on some long term projects like the Sith Acolyte armor and the Jedi Temple Guard robe!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 4 months ago #4823

• JShelar
Oh, thanks for clarifying. I voted on his site for the temple guard, and he emailed me back saying he was working on it already. Figured it would probably take a long time to finish. His work is phenomenal. I think its cool that he took the time to message me about it, too. Seems like a real nice guy.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 4 months ago #4824

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Nice you say? This guy is awesome! He's not doing any of this for money, it's his passion in first place! He's devoted to his work and it's reflected in the result! I'm talking to him almost everyday! HE IS the original 501st Darth Revan! His costume is even the model for all new registering Revan's! He's a friend!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 4 months ago #4828

• JShelar
You have a seriously talented friend, there. It is definitely reflected in his work. I think its awesome to be able to work doing something you love. I wish I had even a fraction of his talent. Just getting into sabers and about to make the jump into costumes too. Dont have a clue how, but hey, i got three years till I retire from the army. Plenty of time to pursue new things.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 2 months ago #7865

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
I just received the touch up paint I needed to fix my mask! I'm gonna let it dry overnight, and Tomorrow, I'll take a bunch of nice pictures just for you guys!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 2 months ago #8327

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
Alright so here's a new and more complete post!

4 years ago, in 2011, I joined the ranks of the 501st Legion Canadian Garrison! The day I learned this organization existed, I promised myself to join it, one day! It took me a few years and a lot of ressources (money)! It was hard for me to decide which character I was going to represent. At first, I wanted to be Darth Vader, but considering I'm only 5'7, I would make a pittyful Vader! I started looking again, and when I discovered that Revan was a part of the many choices of costumes the 501st offers/accept, I made up my mind: I was going to be Darth Revan, and nothing was gonna stop me!

I've always been a student! Still today, I am at University (I was in college when I applied)! It was impossible for me to find enough spare time to build my own costume! Not only that, I was lacking both ressources (materials and money) and time (studying, working)! I was pretty hopeless to one day realise my dream! Then... I discovered my Wicked Armor, and its owner, Robert Rodgers! Robertt is the guy that established the criterias for a Darth Revan costume among the 501st! You could say he is the original Revan! I contacted him, asked him questions about how he had made his costume! He then told me he was selling costumes just like his own! I became so Excited (I had the money) I decided to buy one on the spot! It took him 3 months, it costed me 1200 Canadian dollars + 200 dollars in customs, which is not very nice!

When I received my costume, I became so excited! This day was marking a new turn in my life: I was going to join the ranks of the 501st!

I applied a few days after receiving my costume! The only pieces that were not part of it were: The long sleeves shirt, the pants and the boots! Everything else was included! I ran to Target in order to buy what was missing, and ordered boots from internet, on a specialized website that sells Star Wars costume parts and full costumes. Once they arrived, I was ready! It took me a few hours to adjust everything on the costume, considering it holds together with diaper pins, velcro, and knots! Now that everything is adjusted to my size, it only takes me 2 to 3 minutes to be ready, which is great!

A major downside to the costume is the sight on my mask! It's not long that steam comes on and obscur my visions! In fact, I can't see shit when I have it on in a place where it's hot/inside. Plus, the mask is not very comfortable, so it can't be worn for extended periods!

Otherwise the rest of the costume is very comfortable! It's getting hot fast when you're outside during summer or inside when there's no air conditionning. The armor is resistant! It is made of High quality strong impact resistant polyurethane plastic (similar to football helmet plastic) and high impact styrene, both durable and solid! The only thing I need to pay attention to is the paint: No hard to take off, so I must avoid hitting myself or something else in order to preserve it's beautiful paint!

It would not hesitate to do this again! I made a very good decision! A nice adding was my Red champion Acolyte from Saberforge. Up until a few weeks ago, I had no lightsaber to go with my costume (note that the saber is optionnal for admission on Darth Revan's costume)! Now my costume is complete, and I'm looking forward to the Celebrations in April and to the San Diego Comic Con!

If you have any questions of any kind, feel free to ask! I might post a video soon showing you guys how it looks like! I might as well show you how I put this beauty on haha!

Hope you guys enjoyed this post!
Attachments:
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Cadence

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 2 months ago #8329

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
Looks awesome! Yeah, I still have to talk to him about getting a Malgus costume.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 2 months ago #8345

• JShelar
I have the same problem, being only 5'8. You could still do Vader, though. Plenty of people learn to walk on stilts. lol

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 2 years 2 months ago #8346

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
You can't use stits haha! This is in the rules for the costume! Don't worry, I thought about it!

- Korbanth Kylo Ren
The following user(s) said Thank You: JShelar

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 1 year 3 months ago #46093

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
Got some badass pictures a friend of mine took a few months ago during a con I attended with the Legion

- Korbanth Kylo Ren
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, SuUpberSith

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 1 year 3 months ago #46095

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 559
Hoooly crap, that's awesome. That first shot even looks like a corridor in a galaxy far, far away! The envies. I just finished KotOR 1 for the first time last week, and thoroughly enjoyed Revan's story.

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 1 year 3 months ago #46108

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 296
A bad-ass costume to go with a bad-ass Monarch. Nice.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 1 year 3 months ago #46114

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
Not using my Monarch for this costume though. I'm using my REV-N Elite, which is Revan's true saber from Knight of the Old Republic. SF's version is the fallen. I prefer Vader's Vault version!

- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Darth Revan 501st accurate costume 9 months 4 weeks ago #65419

• joey taviani
star wars sith trooper cosplay

Last Edit: 9 months 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: insert image
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5240
  • Latest Member: ThomasNob
  • Total Posts: 56k
  • Total Topics: 4671
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119