Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!!

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 6 months ago #9006

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Okay, so I've ordered a couple pieces, and I'm going to list them here to get some feedback, and what you guys think so far of what I've done. So, to start with, I got...

This mask!

and...

These robes!

Now, the robes I ordered as all custom. Got the undertunic in a dark grey, tunic in black, obi in dark grey, tabards black, pants black, and cloak black.

I'm looking at getting...

These gloves... (probably with a type of nylon black glove underneath), these boots..., and of course... this belt. With probably a pouch or two to go with it. So, Two major purchases down, it looks like I have about.. $200 or so left to spend on this outfit as it's planned, which puts its complete value at about $550. Which, from what I can tell, isn't TOO bad when it comes to a full cosplay outfit. (not including the sabers!)

I plan on using my weathered red Epoch for a belt hanger and carrying either my Viper (which will be black hilt, purple blade) or the Relic once it becomes available.

So, what do you guys think? Will it work okay or does it fail?
The topic has been locked.

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 6 months ago #9041

• JShelar
  • Thank you received: 9
Looks like it will be an awesome costume.

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 6 months ago #9049

• Darth Renatus
  • Thank you received: 3
I like the whole outfit idea. Very similar to what my finished product will be, I ordered half gauntlets from roll4damage in solid black and they should be in by mid april. I ordered a different type of mask but having the actual acolyte mask is going to look sick! I can't wait to see your finished product! I also will have a weathered Viper but my blade is blood orange. Should be here any week now.... lol on week 10.
Attachments:
  • ...-03.jpg (7KB)
  • ...6-1.png (99KB)
"Seas have boiled, mountains have crumbled, and planets have succumbed to my might, do not think a lone jedi will stop me now."

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 6 months ago #9051

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Nice, I'm about to order my gauntlets here tonight. Been doing some side commission work and picked up about 100 bucks in the past couple days.. can't complain! Just perfect for ordering more of my cosplay. lol.

I'm getting really excited for it, just can't decide if I want to do under gloves or just go with those braces as are. I might get them and see I'll even need the undergloves... that might be a good idea.

My Viper just hit week 9, I think. Or was it 10? today. I can't remember. I know i still have a couple weeks to go. But it should be a mostly solid black hilt, with the emitter and claws silver and the blade purple... should look pretty sharp :) so Im really excited for that to come in too. overall i think the outfit should be pretty nice... as long as the robes come in and fit well and are good quality. I'm a little nervous but the place I ordered from has really good reviews, so here's hoping! =D

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 6 months ago #9272

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Small update... heard back from Phil on my Viper, and he can't do the custom finish I was requesting on it. Which is very sad :( But oh well, the weathered finish will be fine for now... I suppose... lol

As for my cosplay, everything is now ordered except the boots. Just need some boots... hopefully I'll be able to pick them up with my next paycheck this weekend. And it shall be complete... just none of it is actually here yet. Which is also sad... I'm nervous and hoping everything comes in okay. If it all does I should have a nice setup! :)

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10541

• Knytiri
  • Banned
So, still been working on, creating, adding to, and making slight adjustments to my cosplay. I have an official teaser image of part of it now...

With more coming very very soon. I have the robes, tunic, pants, boots, belt, mask...

Only missing a couple finishing touches pieces. I have a custom set of shoulder pauldrons coming, and for cons I'm going to order a custom half-mask so I can actually like... see... things... ha. That Sith Acolyte mask is nearly impossible to see out of. I also have some black "armor" gloves still on their way to me, but I'm going to be taking some outfit pics in the next day or so to get a full idea of where it is and what else I might need. I'll post them once I take them, to get some feedback and advice from you all as well. :)

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10751

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Did a bit of my own photo shoot in my backyard... to get some photos to send in for the casting call. Thought I would share them with you all as well, and get some feedback on what I've put together so far. :)

(and no, the saber isn't on in these pics... was thinking about photoshopping it, but decided against it for the casting call)

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10757

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 58
dam your costume is epic!!

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10759

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Yeah that looks pretty badass!

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10762

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Wow that is a great looking outfit. Looks like all of the pieces came together very nicely. I def like all the black. If you could be very effective if you dueled, especially at night. Also that mask is badass.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10768

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Thanks for all the kind words! I'm very happy with how its turning out.. Definitely has a unique custom feel to it. :) I love the way it wears too... just need to get a neck clasp for the robe... that'll make it a bit easier to move in. The bracers are taking a little getting used to, as they restrict wrist movement a touch, but once I get used to it I think it'll be easy to do spins and flourishes in full costume. :)

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10988

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Making a couple edits and new additions to my outfit, to really add a "custom" touch to it.

First off, I'm getting a half mask with a LED visor... for cons, and better visibility. Cause my Sith Acolyte mask is awesome for photos, but holy shiz you cannot see for beans in it, haha. Or breath...

So! Getting this:

But, with a custom paint job and new EL wire color. Mask will be black with grey weathered spots like it shows there, and a purple EL wire (cause my cosplay sabers are purple...)

And this:

Like what Phil wears in a couple of his videos, but in white.

Then, I'm gonna make some longer tabards for my robe, in white.

Add my custom pauldrons (which should be done soon, and I'll have pics when they are... so much excitement!!) to that, and it'll be like a totally different outfit. :) So I'll pretty much have two getups. I'm excited... this should be a good con coming up this fall for me.

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10989

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Oh, I suppose I should add a pic of my custom purple saber I'm getting... =D

The following user(s) said Thank You: Aproximo

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #10991

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
im in love with that saber ^^^ , friggan crazy cool

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #11000

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Right??? It's so pur-tay....

I'm pretty sure I'm going to just hold it and carry it around with me for about 3 weeks straight without ever putting it down once it's actually in hand. Shower with one hand holding it out of the water.... etc.... yah. Sounds like a plan to me.

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #11003

• Luno-Jay
  • Elite Member
maybe not the best idea to shower with it, would probably void the warranty ;)
also you may get electrocuted, then how would you enjoy this fine looking saber!

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #11032

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I could put it in a plastic bag, and tie it around my wrist. You know, like you do with a cast when you're taking a shower... I have a little bit of practice at that, having worn a few casts in my lifetime. lol

Point is, it's sooo lovelllyyy....

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #11092

• thekraken8him
Knytiri wrote:
Making a couple edits and new additions to my outfit, to really add a "custom" touch to it.

First off, I'm getting a half mask with a LED visor... for cons, and better visibility. Cause my Sith Acolyte mask is awesome for photos, but holy shiz you cannot see for beans in it, haha. Or breath...

So! Getting this:

But, with a custom paint job and new EL wire color. Mask will be black with grey weathered spots like it shows there, and a purple EL wire (cause my cosplay sabers are purple...)

And this:

Like what Phil wears in a couple of his videos, but in white.

Then, I'm gonna make some longer tabards for my robe, in white.

Add my custom pauldrons (which should be done soon, and I'll have pics when they are... so much excitement!!) to that, and it'll be like a totally different outfit. :) So I'll pretty much have two getups. I'm excited... this should be a good con coming up this fall for me.

That mask is awesome! Also, where would one find that visor?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #11097

• Knytiri
  • Banned
They would find it at this etsy shop :)

Cosplay outfit... the beginnings!!! 2 years 5 months ago #11098

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
  • Only when they hear the howling under the moon, shall they know who strikes.
  • Thank you received: 4
I'm just curious but does anyone know if the visor will go over glasses?
Champion Acolyte Deep Blue
Champion Vengeance Indigo
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Which Length of Blade Sho... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Hello! I just joined the saberforge forum today mainly because I have one question. I was looking to...
    • Order modification (9 Posts)
    • Quote: As for the blade, I want a *longer* blade than ordered, so in order to cut it to length, I may need...
    • Saber for my daughter (9 Posts)
    • It'd be sharp in the DT finish but if you got it anodised black (like the emitter finish) it wont...
    • Which Length of Blade Sho... (2 Posts)
    • Hello! I just joined the saberforge forum today mainly because I have one question. I was looking to...
    • Order modification (9 Posts)
    • So in the original email i included my order# in both subject and body. As for the blade, I want a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5838
  • Latest Member: peyneust
  • Total Posts: 60.8k
  • Total Topics: 5048
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 38