Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: V1 CR Ares SF|Story so far. Pt III

V1 CR Ares SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #68035

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603

A clean Dirty Arse with all formerly sharp edges now shilky shmooth.

The End?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Greysider, HotRod

V1 CR Ares SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #68066

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Nice. Love that custom windowed emitter. Looks like it was always meant to be there.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V1 CR Ares SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #68089

• OvrcAHst
Greysider wrote:
Nice. Love that custom windowed emitter. Looks like it was always meant to be there.
:lol: Thanks Greysider. Crystals and Windows = me, Sucker4. Am easily, distractingly fascinated by glowy things. Was kinda touchNgo during it with drilling onto a curved edge, you can probably see some of the times I slipped, then got to the point with 'stuff-it!' and just went for it hoping for the best. :P

V1 CR Ares SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #68316

• OvrcAHst
KiakahiSonic wrote here
Might I inquire how you were able to cut out the windows on you Ares? I'm going to be ordering an ASP hilt eventually and a Rebel Emitter is one of the parts and I would like my new one to have the windows in it. Thanks again.
After the fact, it will be much easier if you have a rotary tool with cutting discs. The convoluted way I did it (after removing the blade retention setscrew completely) was with a loose shroud, loosely lined to how it tightens and marked-off where the mouth would sit on the inner flute. Then drilled two holes at (about) positions 9 & 3 (about 180 degrees apart). I then retrofitted a makeshift metal hacksaw blade (alternating) with a thin-profiled file, chucked it into a drill on hammer-setting vice and continued the outer circumference lines by dragging-motion with drill bit to meet each other. Then followed by a heap of additional filing & sanding to smooth-out the edges and for the inside (where tool and fingers couldn't reach) I used a long drill bit to lightly score the inside burrs so the blade/plug could be seated without restriction.

Much the same process for the hole on top of the shroud too. It would seem I took the long and hard way of the road less travelled.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: the striked part. must've been on drugs cos it didn't read right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KiakahiSonic7
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth OWK-This weapon ... (7 Posts)
    • I have to agree with you, but this was done right, all I've ever seen before we're just too big,...
    • Wasn't a fan of that style of hilt before, but the finish on that one is fantastic! I'll have to add...
    • [attachment] SD card access, have to pull out a little further, left enough slack on switch/led to allow...
    • Okay well after the Chassis is done, it goes together super duper fast... Specs are NBv4, 20mm veco...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5281
  • Latest Member: Giorgitron79
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 5