Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Crystal Reveal Exhalted.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65013

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603

Deep within the confines of a darkened room under the veil of secrecy, Twin Boys curiously explore the forging and creation of illuminated Amber, flooding the space with immediate amazement and wonder after one final piece is added...

Crystal Reveal Exalted 12Watt+ Amber

Okay, maybe the Introduction was purposely blurred but my interpretations of that scene featured similarities to the Saber that follows..

Another entry from the FFS Series, the simplistic elegance of this design had no bounds and in addition to a Commissioned Custom Crystal Exalted, I couldn't stop with just the one. Similarly to its travelling companion of CR PS, this too after exposure from the insulated goodness of the Bubbled Blanket had some rather unsightly imperfections. Unknown Goblins strike again! Luckily though (one would hope) it was isolated (mainly) to the Emitter Cap’s outer flange.

Why the repeated inclusion? Well it's a Thin Neck and you can never stop at just the one, well I couldn’t. This Order was supposed to be an incoming Order well before the Commissions I had with Justin were even near being complete. Circumstances would have it though that all Customs were finished and came much sooner than this, anyway… I have let it been known that I typically like my Hilt Finishes dirty whilst without discrimination, can absolutely appreciate a Standard Finished offering because the overall aesthetic is simply so effective. There is a balanced use of Silver & Black with the complimenting Accents of Brass. Streamlined and fluid in design with great obstruction-free, wielding ease.

Other than a few surface abrasions and scuffs on the Switch Section (just beneath the Crystal Chamber housing and the Grenade ribbing, the Emitter flange was banged-up. Unknown are the origins of the external damage but something that was easily resolved. Similarly, the invitation was offered to return this Hilt for repair however I declined. With acceptance from SFCS to proceed, I tried my hand at some more conditioning work. The general circular shape was still (mostly there) but sharing this shape was some heavy denting and bruising which created raised and sharp edges. I basically used the stainless steel shaft of a long screwdriver and (like peeling an apple or a potato) repeatedly and gradually drew the tool along the edge towards me in a tapering motion to soften and mould the edges. There’s a technical term for this but its reference escapes me right now.

This was easily reduced with the Hilt’s length out to the left and the method of application actioned from the right. Where the Emitter Cap features the tiered step-down (before it reaches the Thin Neck) I had to alternate a smaller screwdriver and (like sharpening a knife on a block) used a forwards brushing motion. Some sanding to finish and considerably smoother. This was the extent of it, which makes more time onwards to an awesome Saber.

The only Brass element with its inclusion was the Thin Neck. The Covertech was Standard Dual Tone and the Kill Key, the Low Profiled SF lasered one. A no brainer, I swapped out both of these with Brass versions.

Some Specs and Measurements.
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Amber| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson| Standard Finish| Silver Amber-lit AV with Lightning Auxiliary| Vented Pommel| Crystal Reveal Chamber

Hilt Length Closed: 12.677”
Hilt Length Open: 13.976”
Hilt Diameter(s):
Emitter Flange: 1.997”
Grenade: 1.472”
Body/Switch: 1.495”
Body Tail to Pommel Cap: 1.746”- 1.397”
Weight: 683Grams (24.09Ounces/1.506Pounds)

The Chamber Reveal Function is solidly consistent to CR Redeemer and notso much CR PS. 1 1/8 turn (405Degrees) to release and 1 ¼ turn (450Degrees) to completely Open. In the opened position, remains quite solid, firm and rigid. Expectations are adequately met.

I have always been fascinated with the Colour Amber, not just for the in person brilliance but it’s a remarkable Light that’s photogenic too. Not dissimilar to other Thin Necks that feature a Control Box, Single and Dual-Hand wielding is comfortable and forgiving. Dual Handed gripping on the others typical limits you to maintain spacing between the two hands. With Exalted, what is generous is across the length of the grippable area, a dual handed grip can resemble holding a Golf Club or Baseball bat, a tight hand-to-hand grip for stronger strikes and sufficient balance during one handed spinning.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DK44

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65014

• OvrcAHst
Like Redeemer, I think I prefer the Brass Section being the majority bottom with (Exalted) a Thin Black Neck feeding in and (Redeemer) a Thin Copper Neck feeding in. The separation from the Silver (when Standard) Tiered Emitter to Brass ratio is more effective.

A small detailed feature by SF with this design in that the (already seemingly small) AV Switch is set in a recessed switch hole further heightening zero snag-points on the Body of the Hilt. Grip is uncompromised when the primary hand is placed around the Grenade and equally so with the secondary hand around the Body. Whilst still quite smooth and the shallow recessed channels don’t alter much other than aesthetics, a tight grip isn’t lost. If you’re a glove/mit wearer when duelling, it’s hard to imagine any Hilt Body creating much hand-slipping.

The Amber richness through the Emitter is just stunning and equally so glowing from the Chamber by the Crystal.

If you haven’t noticed my fascination for Crystal Chambered Sabers yet, this too adds nicely to the Collection amongst its new Siblings.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65016

• OvrcAHst
Messing around with the Standard V4 Infinity, SF Day Blades: Yellow, Amber & Red and VV Enhanced Day Blades: Amber & Red.

Side by Side to Custom Crystal Exalted (on 12Watt+ Yellow. Note: This is made using the ratio of RO/RO+G/G) followed by the inclusion of CR PS.

Custom Exalted set to 6Watt+ RO.

Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65025

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
No detail overlooked, and all pertinent information covered. Awesome review, of an equally awesome saber! My criteria for a compliment like that is if I feel the overwhelming need to own one myself when done reading a review, and that is certainly the case here!

Congrats my friend!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65028

• Nostrodummies
  • Never heard, hardly seen, and my results are legend.
  • Thank you received: 9
Nice looking instruments. The details are amazing, and review was spot on. Congrats on receiving such nice looking sabers.
As kids we all want to to be Jedi. It's only when we grow up we realize that the Sith are much cooler.

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65030

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
Another great saber OvrcAHst! You have quite the collection there---nice choice going with the amber--it suits that saber very well! I've enjoyed reading your reviews, great job!

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65044

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Usually I prefer the dual tone brass / copper thin neck over the brass and black thin-neck, but on this Hilt with the Amber, I wouldn't have it any other way than the way you have it! Every time I see an Amber Exhalted, it makes me want to change the LED in mine. Very sweet.

Also, sorry about the scratches. :P

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65060

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
No detail overlooked, and all pertinent information covered. Awesome review, of an equally awesome saber! My criteria for a compliment like that is if I feel the overwhelming need to own one myself when done reading a review, and that is certainly the case here!

Congrats my friend!
Thank you Brax. See, I read above and *leaning back with a single raised brow* think hmmm.. another 'Some Cool News Coming', an All Black Crystal Exalted (with Copper/Brass Thin Neck) with Deep Red LED. This can then pair with your now Exalted with the individualised All Black (Redeemer-style) Grenade...

Nostrodummies wrote:
Nice looking instruments. The details are amazing, and review was spot on. Congrats on receiving such nice looking sabers.
DK44 wrote:
Another great saber OvrcAHst! You have quite the collection there---nice choice going with the amber--it suits that saber very well! I've enjoyed reading your reviews, great job!
HotRod wrote:
Usually I prefer the dual tone brass / copper thin neck over the brass and black thin-neck, but on this Hilt with the Amber, I wouldn't have it any other way than the way you have it! Every time I see an Amber Exhalted, it makes me want to change the LED in mine. Very sweet.
Nostrodummies, DK44 & HotRod, Thank you Guys for your comments and with looking in. :)
Also, sorry about the scratches. :P
:lol: Forgiven about the scratches but nothing about the banged-up Emitter? :blink:

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65106

• Brax
  • Administrator
I think I might have an example of what that might look like. This one is not a CR, and has a purple 12w+ LED, and it does not belong to me. It was something that was being sold on the Customer Saber Owners FB feed, but I really liked the look of it, and got a copy of the picture. Oddly enough, I had the same thought about it being the evil counterpart to my Arctic Blue one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod, SuUpberSith

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65136

• OvrcAHst
That's a good indicator of an example. Using that image as premise, I'd personally like to see the Silver Emitter Cap be Black and the upper Thin Neck be Copper instead.

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #68033

• OvrcAHst
Trying my hand (and wrists and elbows) at polishing..

.. still not quite there yet. Keep at it I guess unless there are obvious limitations trying to achieve it by hand..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #68067

• Brax
  • Administrator
Looks good to me!

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #68092

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
Looks good to me!
Thanks Brax. Might have to research the method some more to achieve a cleaner, shinier finish and likely with more practice. So many times during the repeated rubbing I was hoping a Genie would pop-out and my first wish would be to make it shiny (to ease my limbs)! :P I wanna say I recall reading in the Forum ages ago or somewhere but I did discover the brass TN is just coloured aluminium (or maybe it was already known?) 'cos the colouring started to rub away exposing the under-surface and was only when I applied some oil that it kinda evened it back out again. :huh:

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #68107

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
The Polishing is strong with you! Not bad!
"I am the Senate"

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #68110

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Shiny! :woohoo:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

V1 CR Exalted FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 8 months 2 weeks ago #68155

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
The Polishing is strong with you! Not bad!

Greysider wrote:
Shiny! :woohoo:
:lol: Thank you lads.
It's just like rubbing-one out but with a different end-game at the finish-line. :lol:
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth OWK-This weapon ... (7 Posts)
    • I have to agree with you, but this was done right, all I've ever seen before we're just too big,...
    • Wasn't a fan of that style of hilt before, but the finish on that one is fantastic! I'll have to add...
    • [attachment] SD card access, have to pull out a little further, left enough slack on switch/led to allow...
    • Okay well after the Chassis is done, it goes together super duper fast... Specs are NBv4, 20mm veco...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5281
  • Latest Member: Giorgitron79
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 5