Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Crystal Reveal Prodigal Son.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #64886

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603

Weathered Crystal Reveal Prodigal Son 12Watt+ Green

This marks the first of the Reviews of the FFS Series Order that was placed Jan 21 and didn't become a delivered item until August 9. Am I Happy that I now Own this Hilt? Yes, very much so. Was the Wait worth it? No. This isn't the first SaberForge Hilt in My Collection or is it the Last one that I will own and (eventually) Review. Considering experiencing an ever-changing Lead Time that fluctuated from 6-8, 8-10, 12-14 back to 8-10, 10-12 then most recently becoming 8-12, 28Weeks 5Days was just plain ridiculous. Worst still, compared to the V1 CR Redeemer (which from Ordering to Delivery happened in 9Days and the end result was perfection, noting that this was via Etsy) this PS as One of.. fell short, but more on that later and now moving on.

I actually really appreciate the Colour Scheme Finish on this Hilt over the Standard (or V1) Finish. Does it make it less recognisable or less iconic as a Luke Skywalker Hilt? I don't think so. I have some observational comments about this but more on that later too.

One of my most memorable and favoured Battle Scenes between Father and Son, a demonstration of character (likely what I may lack) of Control, the Loss of Control, Berserker-Rage and going absolutely Nuts and then finding Peace again.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Green| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson| Weathered Finish (with some DIY)| Touch Plate Activation and Auxiliary| Concealed Kill Key/Recharge Port| Tri Ring.

Hilt Length Closed: 302mm (11.889")
Hilt Length Open: 333mm (13.110")
Hilt Diameter Grenade: 1.4735"
Hilt Diameter Switch: 1.4755"
Emitter Depth: 0.75"
Weight: 541grams (19.0832Ounces/1.1927Pounds)

Just like Chimpanzees on a Nature Documentary use a stick to dig into tree trunks to eat the ant larvae, A Long, Long Time Ago... In a Galaxy Far, Far Away... but still set in the future... even Luke Skywalker needs a stick to pry out the Kill Key Nub to activate his Saber. :lol: Nah, it's actually pretty easy. If I had 10Thumbs instead of just the two on opposing Hands maybe it would be different.

Like a Car having the Manufacturers Badge/Logo firmly planted on both the Bonnet's Front Grill and the Boot's Rear Lid, the Black Buttons and coloured Arrows are equally needed to be called Luke's Weapon. One side blank faced is fine but the other being blank faced also just seems like its missing something. These 'greeblies' are consistent to the Standard Version and even with the ASP PS Switch Parts so I cannot understand why the same aesthetic isn't carried over to this Hilt. Regardless of whether the Black Buttons are Faux or functioning as to with the Coloured Arrows being Painted Faux or Functioning, it is this small detail that finishes the Hilts Design.

This doesn't cause me to like it any less though. Whilst I really like this Finish over the Standard in favour of 70/30, if the details were included, it would be an easily determined 100%.

The reasoning (apparently) why the Switch Box isn't coloured (other than the 220Sanded Aluminium Silver) is because the Box can't be turned on a lathe. Now I'm no Production Guru or anything but I thought that the anodising process (regardless of media blasting as well or not) would be applied to an empty Hilt. The actual Box itself is even a separate Part that is firmly secured by screw to the Aluminium Tubular Body also. To keep colour schemes consistent, even if the Switch Section wasn't weathered or All Black, either of the Standard or Silver Finished Parts from ASP would IMO make a significant difference. But hey, maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about.

With continuing the observations with how this Hilt fell Short by comparison to another SF CR. The Mylar rolled inside the Emitter. Against most others, the rolled film is relatively loose and hugs the outer edge of the inner flute (if you get what I mean). This one (in addition to being sent 2mm longer past the edge of the central flute so I had to trim it) looks to be wound on a toothpick and left to cure and after inserting the rolled film stays limited to the flutes centre. In case you're wondering, this does affect the light focus 'slightly' and restricts unbroken illumination down the blade.

I love that the Foregrip has a matte finished surface. This adds to generous Grip being a lighter and smaller Hilt. As far as weathering goes and the removal of the Black anodise resulting in the circular striping, something different was going on in the Brass/Copper/Bronzed area. It looks like having wiped an area off with a sponge resulting in an aerated surface bubbling pattern. Normally not that noticeable when the Hilt is Closed but it appears Topside when the Chamber becomes Open.
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #64887

• OvrcAHst
This 4th Rib of the Grenade was an obvious sore point. It came out of the Box with a opposing-directional gash about 1mm deep. Again something that is ordinarily on the Grenade Grips underside but when the Chamber is Open, well.. it becomes topside. I did Open a dialogue with SFCS and you guessed it, more on that later, but with an acknowledged 'okay' I took to it with some Wet/Dry SandPaper doing a spot rub with 360Grit and finished with a 1200Grit. There may have been better choices to use but that's what I had on hand so became the goto. This was surprising because the known triple-layered Bubble Blanket that is wrapped around the Hilts was definitely present. IDK, maybe there's some USPS Goblins and some other critter that was packed in too. There were obvious sharp points from the gash that produced two raised edges that easily drew blood. Did I need a tetanus shot? *meh* after the continued handling of my Relic Wrath, if that doesn't kill me nothing else will but that Bus looks to be swerving more than usual today... :dry:

The finished result, while it is smoothed-out, that particular Rib is now no longer completely round like its siblings and is a little um.. challenged.

Now, I've referenced that the V1 CR Redeemer was Solid and sets the Bar for expectations. You know with a measuring tape when you extend the tape out past a certain point whilst holding up in the air? Well after a certain distance the tape will buckle and 'flop' from the crease-point. Introducing an Open Flop. There are no visible screws to adjust the outer Grenade and how it is housed on the top Chamber portion. Surprisingly still (versus Redeemer) this PS' release happens at a short 90Degree Lefty-Turn (1/4 Turn) and at 120Degress (1/3 Turn) it completely releases. The threads on this CR are definitely way shorter than the other. Not a Deal breaker because when closed, is still pretty solid.

Unsure if you can identify it, but on RHS the grip well... flops and doesn't have the stiff rigidness I guess its supposed to have.

This involves 2 Parts. The Hole punched for the Tri-Ring, I have always been lead to believe (not just with SF but how the Ring is attached) is a clean drill tunnelling through both sides. This is only tapped pretty shallow from each edge and remains solid in between the two holes. Not a Big deal, the Tri-Ring now moves really tight but I guess the positive on this is it doesn't flop and jingle everywhere and with every Hilt movement. Ergonomically, it doesn't make sense to have the Tri-Ring mounted at 12 O Clock. This sits inline with the Box which (if I ever had it hanging from my Belt) would be an immediate thigh bruiser. It would make sense for it to be mounted either at 3 O Clock or 9 O Clock consistent to most Covertech locations.

Most of the Hilt surface is Raw 220Sanded Aluminium. For those that are familiar: like All Silver Reborn, Phoenix & Ka'Tano, the surface is media blasted and then Silver Anodised resulting in a frosty powdered-sherbet finish. I personally don't like this. There might be more to the explanation of application and process but that's what I'm going with. The accenting ridges (lower parts) of the Body are done like this, for contrast I suppose. Not needed. It is also repeated on the actual Pommel Ring and *insert Frank here* Franks Says: It's a Christmas Theme that just isn't needed here.

This is a Plus. The Switch Card moves when it's supposed to and doesn't when it's not. I perform the inverted Test and while this one is solid and stands its ground, sadly the Redeemer doesn't and just opens up to show its insides.

With observations essentially completed, all that's left now is some more Glam-Spam. ;)

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #64889

• OvrcAHst
Ooh.. almost forgot. The invitation was offered by SFCS to send back on RMA to correct a few of the discrepancies. I thanked and declined. Franks Says: After almost 29Weeks there was plenty of opportunity to get it right especially when an Etsy Purchase of the same Breed was delivered with 9Days and is a smidgen short of Perfect. This however, I wasn't going to so quickly entertain the idea of another extended period of absence. The imperfections are mainly isolated to the exterior so knowing my Electronics Warranty is still Sound :P is good enough. Granted the Open Chamber is less than desirable but it ain't falling off and the other issues well, will see in time if I choose to tackle it myself and do anything adventurous or stupid to it.

Now the final stretch of glams. B)

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64899

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1096
As in-depth, and detailed a review as I have ever seen. Great job my friend!

I am sorry it was such a long road, only to end in anything less than perfection. However, it still makes me yearn for a crystal reveal PS, and Redeemer of my own!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64909

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 139
Fantastic review OvrcAHst---despite the imperfections you pointed out I have to say your saber looks awesome! My favorite part of the whole thing is the "bubbled" weathering effect on the copper piece of the thin neck--it makes it look like that part of the saber gets hot when activated--great effect, love it!

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64934

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Thank you for the detailed review! As many have said, it's a great looking saber despite its flaws.

Question. So are you saying that while open it is floppy or that it sags? It looked pretty straight in the pictures. This is the newer version of the Crystal Reveal assembly, correct?

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64954

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
As in-depth, and detailed a review as I have ever seen. Great job my friend!
I am sorry it was such a long road, only to end in anything less than perfection. However, it still makes me yearn for a crystal reveal PS, and Redeemer of my own!
Thanks Brax. While it did fall short it didn't completely drop and miss the mark. Still a great Saber, unparalleled in looks and handling pleasure. The experience is isolated to my own and isn't intended as any discouragement. How you choose the Finish of Standard or Weathered is completely up to you :P, however one thing is for certain, definitely an inclusion to anyone's Collection. B)

DK44 wrote:
Fantastic review OvrcAHst---despite the imperfections you pointed out I have to say your saber looks awesome! My favorite part of the whole thing is the "bubbled" weathering effect on the copper piece of the thin neck--it makes it look like that part of the saber gets hot when activated--great effect, love it!
Thanks DK44. The 'bubbled' weathering on the Thin Neck will likely become something I am drawn to and measure more highly over time. One of those things that are disliked at first but inevitably and eventually grow on you. ;) Not just limited to visual imagery, the Saber does get Hot. :lol: With the defined striping of the weathering process, I have found it becomes smoother when softening the appearance with some light sanding. The only drawback on the 'bubbled' part is it doesn't have the same result when taking sandpaper to it.

HotRod wrote:
Thank you for the detailed review! As many have said, it's a great looking saber despite its flaws.
Question. So are you saying that while open it is floppy or that it sags? It looked pretty straight in the pictures. This is the newer version of the Crystal Reveal assembly, correct?
:lol: Thanks HotRod. It's still mine and dissatisfaction doesn't outweigh the fascination with it, warts 'n all. Yes, this is the Newer 2016 Crystal Assembly consistent to the Reviewed V1 CR Redeemer.

I'll try my best to answer the sag query. The Grenade Grip virtually acts as an outer sheath that conceals the Chamber. This outer sheath-part isn't firmly secured so that when you open it, it has a sideways tilt and rattle to it. It is definitely loose where upon full extension, it's own weight isn't supported. Think of a Door knob. These are typically attached and secured to the Door by two screws at positions 12 & 6. When the screw at position 12 becomes loose, it pulls away from the door itself and in addition to a rattly-jingle, slightly hinders the actual function (or strength) to successfully open the door.
Comparison of CR Redeemer, straight, level and rigid (top) versus CR PS (bottom), notso straight, notso level and loose.

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64966

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 613
If I remember, the lack of greeblies on the Weathered Prodigal Son is intentional, because the weathering pattern is supposed to be based on the Luke V2, an on-set stunt saber built from an old stunt Obi-Wan that had been around since Episode 4.

It used a Graflex clamp with a unique lever rather than the hero saber's activation box with custom detailing.

There were a few other differences, like a D-ring instead of the hero's Tri-ring (Didn't the description for Weathered Prodigal Sons used to mentio D-rings to set them apart from the Standard finish?). The pommel was also able to rotate, so one theory why it appears so often in the film (arguably more often than the hero prop) is that it was the only hilt that Hammil could hang from his belt without the activation box digging into his thigh.

I'd like an excuse to build one one of these days. Prodigal Son Pommel/Body with replacement D-Ring. PS switch section with the activation box removed. Ribbed Thin-Neck Emitter Adapter. Redeemer Emitter (just the thin neck), Prodigal Son Emitter (just the silver head), replica Graflex clamp, replica RotJ lever, Replica RotJ circuit board, and those random greeblies that screw into the black part of the body...

Ah, thinking out loud and off topic, sorry.

One thing that stands out on your hilt and really sets it apart is the black paint on the thin neck. It's really nice to see that area weathered for once.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Kouri.

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64967

• OvrcAHst
Kouri wrote:
If I remember, the lack of greeblies on the Weathered Prodigal Son is intentional, because the weathering pattern is supposed to be based on the Luke V2, an on-set stunt saber built from an old stunt Obi-Wan that had been around since Episode 4.

It used a Graflex clamp with a unique lever rather than the hero saber's activation box with custom detailing.
I've seen this before, thanks for the reminder, (could be wrong) but I think SH offered a run of this once? :huh: Acknowledging that SF Hilts take influences from rather produce replicas from, it just seems a little naked in its current offering.
There were a few other differences, like a D-ring instead of the hero's Tri-ring (Didn't the description for Weathered Prodigal Sons used to mention D-rings to set them apart from the Standard finish?). The pommel was also able to rotate, so one theory why it appears so often in the film (arguably more often than the hero prop) is that it was the only hilt that Hammil could hang from his belt without the activation box digging into his thigh.
The description's still there, but unless I have a different imagery to what a D-Ring is, this is a Tri-Ring. :lol: It may be a plausible DIY alteration in the future to remove the Tri-Ring and plug its holes, install an alternate Ring onto the Pommel Cap and readjust with either some Timing shims or sanding the threads for a different-directional hang.
I'd like an excuse to build one one of these days. Prodigal Son Pommel/Body with replacement D-Ring. PS switch section with the activation box removed. Ribbed Thin-Neck Emitter Adapter. Redeemer Emitter (just the thin neck), Prodigal Son Emitter (just the silver head), replica Graflex clamp, replica RotJ lever, Replica RotJ circuit board, and those random greeblies that screw into the black part of the body...

Ah, thinking out loud and off topic, sorry.
Having witnessed some of your Builds so far (not so much in person, well.. for Hilts anyway) this would be a Project to follow with interest if it does take off. :woohoo:
One thing that stands out on your hilt and really sets it apart is the black paint on the thin neck. It's really nice to see that area weathered for once.
Interesting observation Kouri. I had thought of Paint being used as SF weathering, with being so used to their anodising and clear coats and the typical striping effect, I kind of dismissed it as Black only because of the matte finish and it doesn't resemble a typical black (noting there are heaps of Black available). It is however still very different to the image representation on both Sites to what is shown with what I have. :)

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64978

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 613
I should perhaps clarify - the remainder of the hilt likely is indeed black anodizing.

I'm speaking specifically on the "copper" portion of the thin neck. It's already orange-anodized aluminum, so the usual black-anodizing-then-sanding process isn't applicable there (and is why most weathered thin necks see no weathering in that section).

It looks like the copper-anodized portion was painted with a black enamel, then the paint was partially removed with some sort of paint stripper - hence the "bubble" pattern that's atypical of SF hilts.

The rest of the hilt has it's ups and downs, but I'm rather impressed with the effort that went into that little detail.

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #64995

• OvrcAHst
:lol: All good Mate. To clarify also, I think my staggered explanation was eluding to the Grenade Grip section of the Hilt. The application processes remain unclear with what materials or methods used. Like the Colonel and his secret 11 Herbs & Spices, smells good, sometimes tastes good so we just eat it. :P

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #65039

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
[HotRod wrote:
:lol: Thanks HotRod. It's still mine and dissatisfaction doesn't outweigh the fascination with it, warts 'n all. Yes, this is the Newer 2016 Crystal Assembly consistent to the Reviewed V1 CR Redeemer.

I'll try my best to answer the sag query. The Grenade Grip virtually acts as an outer sheath that conceals the Chamber. This outer sheath-part isn't firmly secured so that when you open it, it has a sideways tilt and rattle to it. It is definitely loose where upon full extension, it's own weight isn't supported. Think of a Door knob. These are typically attached and secured to the Door by two screws at positions 12 & 6. When the screw at position 12 becomes loose, it pulls away from the door itself and in addition to a rattly-jingle, slightly hinders the actual function (or strength) to successfully open the door.
Comparison of CR Redeemer, straight, level and rigid (top) versus CR PS (bottom), notso straight, notso level and loose.

That does make sense. Thank you for the pictures and explanation. So I guess the big question is do you see this as a design flaw or an imperfection in your specific hilt? I could see how this could be worrisome. Nonetheless, like you said, your fascination outweighs the flaws and I could see why. :-)

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #65059

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
That does make sense. Thank you for the pictures and explanation. So I guess the big question is do you see this as a design flaw or an imperfection in your specific hilt? I could see how this could be worrisome. Nonetheless, like you said, your fascination outweighs the flaws and I could see why. :-)
An imperfection. The design seems sound and on CR Redeemer, it's solid. Regardless of this CR PS having shallower/shorter male threads (from the Chamber Grenade Shroud into the Switch Part), the way it's secured to the top of the Chamber shouldn't be loose. There are 3 smallish pin holes opposing the positions of the 3 Chamber support Rods. I suspect (haven't tested the theory yet) these are used possibly for gaining access or form part of the anchor. Will see (one day) if SFCS will provide a better understanding of the Hilts anatomy because if it just requires a screw/set screw to be tightened, doing so myself without challenging the Warranty is more logical than sending the Hilt back as a Prodigal FootLong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #65124

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
An imperfection. The design seems sound and on CR Redeemer, it's solid. Regardless of this CR PS having shallower/shorter male threads (from the Chamber Grenade Shroud into the Switch Part), the way it's secured to the top of the Chamber shouldn't be loose. There are 3 smallish pin holes opposing the positions of the 3 Chamber support Rods. I suspect (haven't tested the theory yet) these are used possibly for gaining access or form part of the anchor. Will see (one day) if SFCS will provide a better understanding of the Hilts anatomy because if it just requires a screw/set screw to be tightened, doing so myself without challenging the Warranty is more logical than sending the Hilt back as a Prodigal FootLong.

I would agree that if tightening a screw is all it takes, that would be tough to have to send it off just for that. I would LOVE to know how the new mechanism works for possible DIY builds. At the same time, if I were Saberforge, I would not be eager to make that public knowledge if they feel like they have a superior unique design.

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #65128

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
I would agree that if tightening a screw is all it takes, that would be tough to have to send it off just for that. I would LOVE to know how the new mechanism works for possible DIY builds. At the same time, if I were Saberforge, I would not be eager to make that public knowledge if they feel like they have a superior unique design.
I agree with the unique design part. SF currently has 3 Crystal Functioning Chamber Designs (excluding the fixed Chamber like Gladiator & Jade and the Crystal Plug like Descent and Etsy Limited Reborn), all of them have the LED Module secured and mounted to the top of the Chamber housing.

CR Guardian saw the entire top section (Emitter) unscrew completely for removal; CR Originals (PS, Redeemer, Exalted) feature the Springload where Redeemer and Exalted requires a greater revolution for release over about a quarter turn for PS; Ares ;) combines the former two and integrates a set screw for additional locking. This still features the T7075 Support Rods and housing, utilises the unscrew method like CR Guardian but has no in-built spring so it's a soft (assisted) release. Can't be completely removed (or designed to be) like Guardian.

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65446

• OvrcAHst
Minor Update.
Will see (one day) if SFCS will provide a better understanding of the Hilts anatomy because if it just requires a screw/set screw to be tightened, doing so myself without challenging the Warranty is more logical than sending the Hilt back as a Prodigal FootLong.
An Open dialogue with SFCS continues with troubleshooting the looser than normal grenade.

It would appear that a packed lunch consisting of a Prodigal FootLong is encouraged to be sent to Oregon City. What I am waiting further verification on is the indication that the grenade section that releases to expose the Crystal Chamber is 'glued'. This section of the Hilt moves freely around the 3 support rods and when closing, integrates into the grenade so glue doesn't seem right. While I am challenging this part of the assembly, there isn't an intention to directly void my Warranty prematurely and if it continues to remain inconclusive, I may just leave it. I did reply with a preference to wait for the return of my RMA'd CR Guardian before deciding, so depends which of the two will become present first, the emailed reply or the USPS delivery. :unsure:

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65512

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
it still makes me yearn for a crystal reveal PS, and Redeemer of my own!
Hey Brax, Andi-Jae EL's got a CR PS V1 upfograbs, would ya? ;)

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #65699

• OvrcAHst

After a little venting to let off some steam...

.. and clenching a fist of disagreement..

..shutting it down to accept without understanding why. For something that is not offered, it certainly was offered immediately for a CR Guardian return on RMA. SF Main Site is apparently very different to SF Etsy when Warranty and Policies are measured.

So for a loose Grenade Grip from an open Crystal Chamber that may as well have been this very one as it hit the floor (or wherever it landed), for the likely cost of Shipping from here to there and then another bout of Shipping from there to here, looks to be that this too will be staying as is also. Probably a good thing with the uncertainty how it may be when The Jedi Returns just like the popularity of Return of the Guardian.

Exploration of tightening something loose myself won't be accommodated nor the assistance with how to access a glued part that isn't glued.

Yay! :dry:

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 1 week ago #65783

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
Sorry, my friend. That is frustrating. Maybe after some time you might get tired enough of it to decide to eat the shipping costs to get it fixed? I know money doesn't grow on trees, but in the long run you might feel better having a saber the way you want it vs the joy of having the saved shipping costs. Then again, it's easy for me to say since I live in the states. Just my humble opinion.

V2 CR Prodigal Son FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 1 week ago #65827

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
Sorry, my friend. That is frustrating. Maybe after some time you might get tired enough of it to decide to eat the shipping costs to get it fixed? I know money doesn't grow on trees, but in the long run you might feel better having a saber the way you want it vs the joy of having the saved shipping costs. Then again, it's easy for me to say since I live in the states. Just my humble opinion.
It is what it is Mate. It's not in a completely shoddy state so even with deciding to keep as is it's hardly comparable to The Emperor being thrown down a Well. :lol:
Probably a good thing with the uncertainty how it may be when The Jedi Returns just like the popularity of Return of the Guardian.
Granted I could have chugged-it like a refreshing cup of Blue Milk, but with these ^^ words, it was the lack of confidence with having it corrected that drove my momentum to stutter. My decision was made to decline the RMA'ing with the PS given the observations made from Return of The Guardian. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge Sentinel &... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: Yep that's right, I meant the regular cylinder polycarbonate blades. :cheer: I also ordered a...
    • Saberforge Sentinel &... (7 Posts)
    • Yep that's right, I meant the regular cylinder polycarbonate blades. :cheer: I also ordered a...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2401 Posts)
    • Hey there, I'm gruntbeard, a saber enthusiast from the netherlands. I'm 26 years old and a great...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5316
  • Latest Member: Eugenqrefus
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 11