Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Crystal Reveal Prodigal Son.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+!

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 5 months ago #34797

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 34
Such an excellent review! Thank you so much for the video...I can see a lot of your passion and love for this particular saber...

I have ordered the standard version (not crystal reveal) myself around last week, and after I saw your video, I am getting more and more excited in my expectation!

Thanks once again and have a great time with your saber!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 5 months ago #35616

• kjlightside
I just received my crystal reveal prodigal son and it has no copper parts? That was half the reason I ordered this darn thing.

Any idea why mine does not include copper components? Also noticed a few details missing, but those are minor anyway.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 5 months ago #35617

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
kjlightside wrote:
I just received my crystal reveal prodigal son and it has no copper parts? That was half the reason I ordered this darn thing.

Any idea why mine does not include copper components? Also noticed a few details missing, but those are minor anyway.

I don't know why that would be. Probably best to contact them about it.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 5 months ago #35630

• kjlightside
What do you think the best way to contact them is?

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 5 months ago #35633

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Probably their main email, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 5 months ago #35644

• kjlightside
Thanks, I'll update here if and when I learn more.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #39793

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
bro2044 wrote:
More pics

Video coming

Man I wish that Jedi Path book was still canon.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43095

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
  • "Do or do not, there is no try..."
  • Thank you received: 28
kaiman64 wrote:
Hi, new to this forum.
Nice review of a very nice saber, considered one myself.
Wanted to asked how secure is the Spring Loaded Crystal Section, will it opened accidently during spinning?
I have no intention of duelling.
Thanks

I do not believe it would open, no. Sorry for the late reply. I've been stupidly busy, and the forum had some heavy spam so I stayed away for a bit.

The mechanism to open takes a good twist and pop that would be difficult to do without intention, although I guess I don't know if its impossible. I think you should be fine!

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43097

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
jedi2k16 wrote:
Hey Buddy, great saber and I am seriously going order this lightsaber very soon, but I'm hoping you can answer one question for me,

Does the regular 37 inch blade come with the tipped end or did you have to order that one separately. If so I guess I will have 2 blades that will come with this saber? or can I just order the tip for $4 and install it on the blade that comes with saber?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Thanks! Sorry (once again...) for late reply.

Yes, the 37" will come with a tipped end, as will each SF saber, I believe it is standard for them to come bullet-tipped. No installation required!

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43098

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
Renaissance1459 wrote:
Such an excellent review! Thank you so much for the video...I can see a lot of your passion and love for this particular saber...

I have ordered the standard version (not crystal reveal) myself around last week, and after I saw your video, I am getting more and more excited in my expectation!

Thanks once again and have a great time with your saber!

Thank you so much for the kind words! Somehow my review has reached a LOT of people and I was not expecting that when I made it, but its awesome!

Judging by when you sent the above msg I'm guessing you still have another month or so left, and I know that every day is jarring, lol! It'll be here soon and TOTALLY worth the wait. If I go a day without picking mine up, the day just isn't quite right, heh.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43100

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
kjlightside wrote:

This is really odd, but without pictures or anything, I'm not sure what is there in their place? I WILL say that I noticed in lower tiers of PS versions, on Etsy it did NOT specify copper like it did for my crystal version in the shop. Personally, I think this is the only way to have it, but I feel like I've seen pictures of PS versions that had more of a brass/golden-looking neck? Is this how yours was?

I know this was posted weeks ago, did you find out what happened or have any more info now?

That would be disappointing, the copper neck is arguably my favorite part!

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43102

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
Borommakot wrote:
bro2044 wrote:
More pics

Video coming

Man I wish that Jedi Path book was still canon.

RIGHT??

Thats okay, its still a fantastic novelty that turns heads every time people are over? I get a lot of "whats this?" and the button is pressed and "WHAT???" lol

Its writing was pretty simplistic, I know it had to be good for the masses, children etc, but man I would've loved something a few hundred pages more that felt a bit more intelligent and aged, ya know? The trinkets and torn pages etc give it a fun "real" feel that helps pull off the idea pretty well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43260

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
bro2044 wrote:
RIGHT??

Thats okay, its still a fantastic novelty that turns heads every time people are over? I get a lot of "whats this?" and the button is pressed and "WHAT???" lol

Its writing was pretty simplistic, I know it had to be good for the masses, children etc, but man I would've loved something a few hundred pages more that felt a bit more intelligent and aged, ya know? The trinkets and torn pages etc give it a fun "real" feel that helps pull off the idea pretty well.

Agreed all around. Out of curiosity, if the book were removed, do you think a hilt would fit in that box, or is the space just book sized?

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43262

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
No, unfortunately not. That would be sweet, but the area underneath is way too thin for any hilt, and even at an angle it probably wouldn't make it length wise either.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43465

• harvey415
  • Thank you received: 12
o whatever happen with their response? Do you have picture of the so call non copper part. I just received mines and the copper supposedly looking part is way too shiny to be copper or am I just not seeing it right. Here some picture and can people verify? It looks the same kind of metal on the edge of the activation box.
Attachments:

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 4 months ago #43466

• harvey415
Thanks for the awesome review. I was wondering if you had anymore issues with the grenade part being warm cause my champion edition have the same issues but its not even a crystal review version...

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 3 months ago #43969

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
harvey415 wrote:
o whatever happen with their response? Do you have picture of the so call non copper part. I just received mines and the copper supposedly looking part is way too shiny to be copper or am I just not seeing it right. Here some picture and can people verify? It looks the same kind of metal on the edge of the activation box.

It could be the lighting, but I think it looks right? Does it have an almost burnt orange-ish color in real life? I feel like although my control box colors are a LITTLE brighter, they seem copper-ish while the neck seems like a richer copper.

I've seen brass/gold necks on the PS, looking at these pics I feel like it is copper! The others look more like the Exhalted necks. Hope I'm right, good looking saber!
The following user(s) said Thank You: harvey415

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 3 months ago #44046

• Renaissance1459
  • "I am a Jedi...like my father before me!"
  • Thank you received: 34
Thank you for the encouragement, bro2044! I certainly hope it will arrive sooner rather than later...However, I believe we should never rush the creation of a piece of art like this PS, yes? :cheer:

bro2044 wrote:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Somehow my review has reached a LOT of people and I was not expecting that when I made it, but its awesome!

Judging by when you sent the above msg I'm guessing you still have another month or so left, and I know that every day is jarring, lol! It'll be here soon and TOTALLY worth the wait. If I go a day without picking mine up, the day just isn't quite right, heh.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 3 months ago #44175

• harvey415
It is definitely brass. Has a alloy look to it. As mentioned by other they probably use it cause the properties of brass is stronger than pure copper. Brass indeed have copper and zinc added to it so it still have somewhat a copper look. Just a lot shiner with like gold flakes texture to it. I still like it since it matches the activation box and all together it looks like one piece.

I mention in my post that maybe they still use a pure copper piece for the crystal reveal version of the prodigal son as it is not warranty for duel as you mention. Whereas, the non crystal reveal version is warranty for dueling so they need the stronger metal for the thin neck.

PS Crystal Reveal Review - Champion Viridium 12W+! 1 year 3 months ago #44972

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
So this happened today...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi Takamatsu, You are famous as far as I'm concerned! And it was a pleasure to meet you....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (742 Posts)
    • Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Bossk - Warning - LOTS OF... (33 Posts)
    • Following on from my meeting with For Tyeth at a recent Comic Con I thought I'd post a quick update....
    • My First Comic Con (12 Posts)
    • Hi For Tyeth, it was great meeting you in person and seeing your Bossk inspired lightsaber in the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 15