Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Crystal Reveal Redeemer.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64546

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1601
For those of you that have been following The Story so far Story and my repeated echoes of an Order placed Jan 21, this is not from that Order even if the content is similarly based. No word still on that one but back to the subject at hand. This Hilt, after receiving some revisions to it's design marks itself as the 2016 Version and was Ordered via Etsy on July 20 and received July 29 (the very same day Guardian was bagged and tagged as a Bubbled Footlong back to Oregon City).

Crystal Reveal V1 Redeemer 12Watt+ Deep Blue

Why is this Saber a welcome addition? It resembles an iconic Hilt of this Guy, let's call him Obi Wan Kenobi, and not forgetting the fact that it's a friggin' Thin Neck and I'm sure I'm not the only one that requires any other reason after this criteria has been checked to appreciate it.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Deep Blue| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font| Standard Finish (with some personalising)| Touch Plate Activation and Auxiliary| Concealed Kill Key/Recharge Port.

Hilt Length: 12.25"
Emitter Depth: 0.75"
Grenade Width: 1.4785"
Switch Width: 1.4935"
Weight: 715grams (25.2209Ounces/1.5763Pounds)

The included Covertech that came attached was actually Black and since I had a spare Brass one floating around, did a strategic substitution.

Concealed under a Plate. There is definite springiness, best described as a spongey experience when activating the Saber. I find it considerably noticeable only when comparing to my MKIII-re from LDM (that was received first) in that it features two mini-tactile switches and the function doesn't feel hindered. With Redeemer, even with the extra bounce, doesn't make me like it any less and whilst the sweet-spot is limited to bang-on centre of the Switch Plate, it still works and does what it's supposed to.

It was a little surprising to see the method adopted by Production specific to the underside of the Switch Plate. It appears almost primitive in execution used as an alternative solution, this observation compared against the rest of the attention to detail with execution and delivery (Night & Day against Guardian).

This Hilt (specifically) exemplifies the quality that I had come to expect from SF. It is a truly remarkable Hilt from Emitter to Pommel. Why they can't carry this high standard across all Hilts that leave their Production Line is a wonder. There's nothing I can fault with it. The Parts are machined well, complete absence of any burrs, sharp edges and it is held together very solidly. The corners of the switch box (known to create some discomfort) is sweet. No rattles, colour or sound distortion and the grenade (even before I lightened it) was equally comfortable to what I have known.

The strengthened T7075 Aluminium used for the revised Crystal Chamber and Spring Reveal Function is generously solid. When closed, it handles as consistently as a non Crystal Saber would. There is high torque paired with the tempered steel coil of (what I guess to be a tightly spooled) spring. It will not loosen itself unassisted during swings and even by subtle movements. A 405 Degree (1 1/8 turn) revolution engages a slight eject where it clicks and continuing with this momentum to 450 (1 1/4) Degrees completely opens the Chamber revealing a solidly housed Crystal with 3 Support Rods that have equal strength upon extension.

Not having CR Version 1 or 2 for comparison other than what has returned from research by Images and YT Videos, it definitely isn't floppy and lacks support. Rigidness remains uncompromised. When closing it though, you can hear and feel the tension of the spring as you reverse the function. At first, I thought it put unnecessary tension on concealed wires and I was reluctant to do so but with each repeated open and close that apprehension quickly dissipates and the design itself, well.. is rather clever.

I love this Hilts aesthetics. I Love Thin Neck Hilts. With Redeemer combining this and integrating a Crystal Chamber, it sits amongst other favoured Crystal Hilts within My Collection. It's a Beauty! With effective use of Silver, Black & Brass with Copper-Tone Accents, what's not to enjoy?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Execute66, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, DK44, Brady329, aatyas

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64548

• OvrcAHst
Last Edit: 10 months 6 days ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64550

• OvrcAHst

Infinity V4, SF Blue Day Blade, VV Blue Day Blade

Side by side with my Deep Blue GrandMaster.

Last Edit: 10 months 6 days ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Andi-Jae EL

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64554

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 136
Good Lord that saber looks fantastic OvrcAHst! I almost wish I hadn't looked at your pictures---I'm just starting week 8 of the wait on my Redeemer that I ordered---torture! I really like the way the brass covertech knob looks on that saber! Deep blue color looks great too!

Nice review & great pics! Congrats & Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64558

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 41
That is absolutely beautiful sir.. Magnificent looking hilt. Good call on the brass covertec. Suits it better IMO..
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64565

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
Wow! Just wow! To paraphrase: "it's beautiful, it's gorgeous." Congrats!!!
Why they can't carry this high standard across all Hilts that leave their Production Line is a wonder.

and THAT is THE QUESTION, isn't it?

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64566

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1059
A man after my own thin-neck lovin' heart! Gorgeous saber, great review. Proof positive that the concept of Crystal Reveal being relegated automatically to shelf-queen status is no more!

It's on my gotta have list right along with the CR Prodigal Son!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64572

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 492
What a beautiful CR Redeemer. SF makes the finest thin necks out there.

Can you please add a little description as to the direction of revolution - clockwise / counter-clockwise - to open and close the CR? I liked your precise degree measurements! :)
"I am the Senate"

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64596

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That is one gorgeous saber, Brother! Wow, I loved the Redeemer before, but THIS! The weathered grenade section, the crystal reveal, the 2 tone thin-neck...all together....that is just dead sexy.

Well, HECK. I thought I was done buying sabers for a while....this just jumped to the top of my list. VERY NICE!

And I didn't have to apologize for anything this time. :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #64604

• OvrcAHst
DK44 wrote:
Good Lord that saber looks fantastic OvrcAHst! I almost wish I hadn't looked at your pictures---I'm just starting week 8 of the wait on my Redeemer that I ordered---torture! I really like the way the brass covertech knob looks on that saber! Deep blue color looks great too!
Nice review & great pics! Congrats & Enjoy!
Thank you DK. I can tell you that after Week8 comes and goes the Wait get's easier, but... I'd be lying. It's just a random spin from SF I guess, having seen some that come with the Brass as standard and other's well.. not. Ordinarily, I'd remove the Covertech (which is how I came about having a spare one floating around) but with this, not just complimenting the aesthetics it actually assists the secondary hands position with a two-handed grip. An angled grip caressing the Pommel and the Covertech creates a resting point for a finger tuck.

Darth Nelo Angelo wrote:
That is absolutely beautiful sir.. Magnificent looking hilt. Good call on the brass covertec. Suits it better IMO..
Thanks Mate, don't disagree with you.

Gnost-Dural wrote:
Wow! Just wow! To paraphrase: "it's beautiful, it's gorgeous." Congrats!!!
Why they can't carry this high standard across all Hilts that leave their Production Line is a wonder.
and THAT is THE QUESTION, isn't it?
And Thank you Mate. It is one of the greater Questions amongst many and hopefully will become the very one that is chosen to focus all efforts on with correcting. Unfortunate as it is, one of the primary consistencies are the inconsistencies. :dry:

Brax wrote:
A man after my own thin-neck lovin' heart! Gorgeous saber, great review. Proof positive that the concept of Crystal Reveal being relegated automatically to shelf-queen status is no more!
It's on my gotta have list right along with the CR Prodigal Son!
Thanks Brax. :lol: I don't believe the occasion of Shelf-Queen regardless of Fulltime or Part can ever be ridden solely that there always will be a time (outside of Playtime) its function is to 'doll-up' an ordinary looking shelf.

Execute66 wrote:
What a beautiful CR Redeemer. SF makes the finest thin necks out there.
Can you please add a little description as to the direction of revolution - clockwise / counter-clockwise - to open and close the CR? I liked your precise degree measurements! :)
Thank you Ex. Specific to this Hilt only ;) and the CR Function with reference to the turn(s) required: Left-Loosey, Righty-Tighty. :P

HotRod wrote:
That is one gorgeous saber, Brother! Wow, I loved the Redeemer before, but THIS! The weathered grenade section, the crystal reveal, the 2 tone thin-neck...all together....that is just dead sexy.
Well, HECK. I thought I was done buying sabers for a while....this just jumped to the top of my list. VERY NICE!
And I didn't have to apologize for anything this time. :-)
Cheers Brother. 1+1+1 equals 3Times Dead Sexiness. There isn't much else to measure right? :lol: And as for your last comment, give it time Mate.. give it time. ;)

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 5 days ago #64620

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
That is just..... Damn son!! Lovely. You sir are a man of exquisite tastes.. Hell, I'm gushing over the damned thing. Well done my friend.
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 5 days ago #64623

• OvrcAHst
SuUpberSith wrote:
That is just..... Damn son!!
Thanks Dad :P or is that you Mum? :huh:
Lovely. You sir are a man of exquisite tastes.. Hell, I'm gushing over the damned thing. Well done my friend.
:lol: Thanks Mate. As Reveals go, this one has set the benchmark with what needs to be met with reference to solidity, strength, construction and assembly execution.

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 5 days ago #64627

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
That saber is immaculate!

You say that's the V1 version. I guess you can't duel with it then, huh? A right shame.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 5 days ago #64674

• OvrcAHst
Eddlyss64 wrote:
That saber is immaculate!
You say that's the V1 version. I guess you can't duel with it then, huh? A right shame.
Thanks E64. Actually the V1 reference in Title marks the Finish Version i.e. Standard Finish. As for the CR Version, it equals V3, support Rods and Housing constructed with T7075 Aluminium. V1 CR was Brass Rods, V2 was Stainless Steel Rods and there's likely another Version 'to be released soon', the HotRod. :P

This 2016 redesign is actually Duel worthy and as highlighted by Phil, warrantied for it also. ;)

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 5 days ago #64688

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Very happy for you OvrcAHst that you finally received your saber! You took some great shots of your new elegant weapon. Great review from a saber enthusiast. Happy to hear you received it in great working order with no issues. You can't ask for anything better than that! Do you have another thin neck to compare the brightness to? Just wondering if you noticed any difference with the new lower placement of the LED in these redesigned CR sabers? I know this won't be your last purchase and I can't wait to see what you invest in next!
- Light em up

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 5 days ago #64693

• OvrcAHst
Andi-Jae EL wrote:
Very happy for you OvrcAHst that you finally received your saber! You took some great shots of your new elegant weapon. Great review from a saber enthusiast. Happy to hear you received it in great working order with no issues. You can't ask for anything better than that!
Thanks Andi. But to avoid confusion, this wasn't part of the Jan21 Order so the 'finally' reference probably isn't best suited. As far as International Deliveries go, this was delivered within 9Days. It was actually an experiment Purchase (expensive) in that the alleged delays causing the Great Wait Order weren't as transparent as they were made out to be. This CR still arrived before the other that only later came yesterday.
Do you have another thin neck to compare the brightness to? Just wondering if you noticed any difference with the new lower placement of the LED in these redesigned CR sabers? I know this won't be your last purchase and I can't wait to see what you invest in next!
Conveniently enough :P I think I might be okay with finding another Thin Neck. ;) Without knowing with certainty (haven't taken it apart to be sure) I'd say the LED Module is still placed up-high in the upper part of the Grenade Foregrip. On (let's just refer to it as another Saber for now) another, there is a retention screw down low but this seems to be more consistent to the Crystal Housing than the LED Module.

:blush: Yeah.. the numbers are getting stupid. Perfect for this one very stupid enthusiast. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 days ago #64817

• OvrcAHst
Andi-Jae EL wrote:
Just wondering if you noticed any difference with the new lower placement of the LED in these redesigned CR sabers?
I really should amend my previous comment to your Post. After a more detailed explorative assessment with comparisons, I have a better comprehension of what you meant. :oops:

The CR Design is actually identical to the Limited Crystal Guardian where the primary difference between the two is Guardian enables complete unscrewing of the Emitter's (female) Thread Cap, with removal for display whereas the CR 'Spring' Versions only unscrew until release and remains connected. There are similarities in that the LED Module is actually secured to the top of the Crystal Chamber (like Guardian) and there is about 1/2"-3/4" internal space before it channels down the polycarb blade. This is very different to the 'typical' Thin Neck Design where the actual Thin Neck threads into the Adapter (past the female threads) and threads into the top of the LED Module (when a C-Clip isn't used).

When the Chamber is closed, blade illumination is comparable to a non Crystal Thin Neck and a Non Thin Neck Emitter Hilt. When the Chamber is open however, even without a side/side comparison, a brightness drop is immediately noticed. Side/Side though, it's virtually identical to the two 6Watt colours of Monarch/Exalted Hero. A reduction, yes but to the eye, inconclusive for blade brilliance and evenness inside during the Day and inside during the Night.

The opened distance of 32mm of the Crystal Chamber ultimately becomes additional empty internal space where the light isn't focused before it continues down the mylar'd Neck and into the blade.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 days ago #64874

• Unleashediv
  • Thank you received: 36
I have to got to hurry up and do my review of my Redeemer.
Dude this Redeemer is amazing! Congratulations dude and enjoy such an amazing saber, I am sure you are. Seriously wasn't sold on a crystal reveal but after looking at these photos and seeing this I am almost sold on it.

Having said that, I am quite happy with my Redeemer and don't really plan on doing much else other than changing the board on it or changing from a light blue to a medium blue.

But this saber is amazing! Congratulations again dude :)

Love the way the thin neck is done too, very different to mine and it is probably a bit more comfortable dueling than mine currently is as the grenade section is slightly longer and has more space for a grip than the 2015 release of the Redeemer. I think I might have 2014 not sure..

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 days ago #64878

• OvrcAHst
Guts wrote:
I have to got to hurry up and do my review of my Redeemer.
Dude this Redeemer is amazing! Congratulations dude and enjoy such an amazing saber, I am sure you are. Seriously wasn't sold on a crystal reveal but after looking at these photos and seeing this I am almost sold on it.
:lol: Thank you. I am the opposite. The Crystal was what sold me over the non Crystal Version.
Having said that, I am quite happy with my Redeemer and don't really plan on doing much else other than changing the board on it or changing from a light blue to a medium blue.
:ohmy: Medium Blue Rocks! ;) Yes, I know, this one is a Deep Blue and as far as Light Blue goes, I imagine it to be near identical to my BBW Graflex ESB. As much as Boards go, the current Sabercore2.0 with Crimson sufficed for me as the ignition and the idle hums are more than acceptable. :)
But this saber is amazing! Congratulations again dude :)
Love the way the thin neck is done too, very different to mine and it is probably a bit more comfortable dueling than mine currently is as the grenade section is slightly longer and has more space for a grip than the 2015 release of the Redeemer. I think I might have 2014 not sure..
Without the premise for comparison to the former Versions, the 2016 is definitely comfortable and similarly so against my other OWK ROTS Hilt from LDM. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuUpberSith, Unleashediv

V1 CR Redeemer SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 days ago #64884

• Unleashediv
  • Thank you received: 36
OvrcAHst wrote:
:lol: Thank you. I am the opposite. The Crystal was what sold me over the non Crystal Version.

I can see why now, looks amazing!
This one is duel ready too and I saw how it works on Youtube and definitely does great looking on the shelf and in hand for a duel!
:ohmy: Medium Blue Rocks! ;) Yes, I know, this one is a Deep Blue and as far as Light Blue goes, I imagine it to be near identical to my BBW Graflex ESB. As much as Boards go, the current Sabercore2.0 with Crimson sufficed for me as the ignition and the idle hums are more than acceptable. :)
'

See I think the light blue is not the blue I want. When I first got it, it was really blue. Now looking at others I am realizing it is a medium blue that I want and maybe a light blue for my Graflex 2.1 once I finish building it.
Without the premise for comparison to the former Versions, the 2016 is definitely comfortable and similarly so against my other OWK ROTS Hilt from LDM. B)

If you ever want to catch up let me know and I will be more than happy to bring along my saber for comparison sake, I am in Belmore area. So Inner West.
LDM Sabers are so expensive. Not sure if it is what I am after though. I am still a strong believer the Redeemer is the superior OWK ROTS Saber. In every Aspect.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 days ago by Unleashediv.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Family Photos (12 Posts)
    • Hoho, these are some awesome collections.
    • Family Photos (12 Posts)
    • Here's a pic of my WIP Bookcase All of these sabers are in some stage of work in progress. (this...
    • Themed Sabers (808 Posts)
    • Quote: It's a 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' reference; in the Grinch song it says: "I wouldn't touch...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5222
  • Latest Member: Phillipvep
  • Total Posts: 55.9k
  • Total Topics: 4660
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 9