Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Crystal Reveal Redeemer.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 11 months 3 hours ago #65068

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Who’s the more Foolish, the Fool or the Fool that follows Him?
OldBennyBoy
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine
OldBennyBoy

Weathered CR Redeemer 12Watt+ Medium Blue

An entry from the pages of FFS Series to what should have been the first but ultimately wasn’t. With a few minor differences to V1 CR Redeemer, the guts of this Hilt are essentially the same. Contrast with elegance, there are notable signs of weathering as it passes from the hands of Episode III, transitioning to Episode IV to dropping from mid-air as a result of a sacrificial strike down caught by the collapsing bundled folds of the aged Jedi Robes.. or was it? And did he..?

I had hoped to Own this one much sooner than what actually became, the Wait wasn't worth it. Delays beyond acceptable and logical reason but it kind of is what it is, or is it? V1 CR Redeemer (Etsy) achieved delivery sooner than this from January. Maybe with influences from The Force within the Star Wars Universe, it was destined to be that way as chronologically, Episode III does precede Episode IV, but then there’s the Years of Production and actual release? The Original Trilogy versus the Prequel Trilogy. *sigh* moving on.

To state the obvious, Yes.. it’s another Thin Neck and another Redeemer. This too included some undesirables along with its travelling companions and I shall comment on these observations as we progress. A few inconsistencies also but nothing too alarming. It’s as if the trail of chaotic carnage by the internal Goblins worked in a descending order with CR Guardian seated at the height of the imperfections-meter (even though this was through Etsy), gradually lowering to CR PS FFS and lesser still to CR Exalted FFS and now to CR Redeemer FFS.

Admittedly, I was pleasantly surprised with the weathering application applied to this Hilt. Still very different to what the image representations are on both Sites and upon Ordering had decided that some cosmetic alterations would inevitably be made. For now, not needed. Personal customisation happens at one's own discretion. The weathered Covertech is a pleasant touch as too are the blacken greeblies that are adjacent to the actual Control Box. The imitation Bubble strip Card is pretty basic and the emotion it commands is just *meh*. A string of circles that don’t represent any creativity or value.

The only obvious ‘something ain’t right’ moment that was realised upon the uncovering from the Bubble Blanket was the Emitter Cap wasn’t firmly or securely attached to the threads of the (male) Thin Neck. Not even hand-tightened down, whilst threaded (holding onto two rows of threading), first thought was over-set threads or some disfigured extended Thin Neck.

Handy if Ordering as an Initiate Tier but would also mean pieces will separate during transit since SFCS has confirmed that Parts are firmly screwed as one piece before Shipping. Then there’s the debate with requesting Warrior Tiers and above with no glue for easy access and the SFCS reply is NO to ensure Parts don’t separate during transit...

There may be a benefit having an unscrewable Emitter Cap in addition to the Pommel but I can't identify a valid reason that would warrant having the Emitter Cap unglued when all others are glued. Easy fix really (but when not Ordering as an Initiate Tier with the intention of DIY, it shouldn't become something that I'd have to do), but poor attention to detail. This became ‘another’ part of dialogue with SFCS. Again the invitation was offered for send-back by RMA and again I declined.

Not to mistake the generic-reference of Branding, Loctite has ‘regular’ SuperGlue as much as it has ThreadLock (of varying strengths). These are not the same. (Thank you HotRod for pointing this out) However as sometimes the Fool (or all the time) both will firmly bind your fingers together when you make a mess. Acetone of different concentrations will effectively remove it without harm to your skin. The lowest concentration such as Nail Polish Remover equally effective. I ‘snatched’ one from someone in the household and the included Aloe Vera made it more of a luxury and masked a bit of the smell.

The elegant Contrast. Commonly pictured (well back before the Main Site received a Version1 update under the preview of Knytiri) the Thin Neck was a solid Black stripped Finish. It was great to see the consistent use of the Brass Thin Neck into Black (like the V1 Finish) and have the weathering applied on top. Greatly acceptable.

I teased by comment on the V1 CR Redeemer Review that Medium Blue Rocks! It rightly does. Such an awesome colour and (quite possibly) much more dramatic as a shade than Deep Blue. I remain eagerly curious with the illumination of Light Blue, Arctic Blue, Frost Blue and Frost White.

Mostly consistent with V1 CR Redeemer right down to the Switch Card. It’s loosey-goosey. Not tight like CR PS.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Medium Blue| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Viridian Font| Weathered Finish| Touch Plate Activation and Blaster Bold Auxiliary| Concealed Kill Key/Recharge Port| Weathered Covertech.

Hilt Length Closed: 31cm (12.205”)
Hilt Length Open: 34.2cm (13.465”)
Emitter Depth: 0.75”
Hilt Diameter(s):
Emitter Cap Flange: 2.00”
Grenade Foregrip: 1.4745”
Switch: 1.4965”
Body Ridge-end: 1.9375”
Weight: 699Grams (24.656Ounces/1.541Pounds)

I can’t really explain the differences (subtle) to V1 CR Redeemer..

The Crystal Function is spot-on to V1 CR Redeemer and V1 CR Exalted FFS. Firm and rigid upon opening without the rattly-jingle or flop. 1 1/8 turn (405Degrees) releases and a 1 ¼ turn (450Degrees) completely opens.

Last Edit: 11 months 2 hours ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 11 months 3 hours ago #65069

• OvrcAHst
Side by Side: V1 CR Redeemer Deep Blue & V2 CR Redeemer FFS Medium Blue.

LDM OWK ROTS (far right) Tri Cree Rb/B/W

Two SF Redeemer’s.

V2 CR Redeemer FFS Medium Blue with Custom GrandMaster DeepBlue Bomb

Feeling the Blues.. Graflex ESB (far left) B/B/W

Thank you for stopping by. B)
Last Edit: 11 months 3 hours ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, DK44, Unleashediv

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 11 months 2 hours ago #65071

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 526
Very nice arsenal of blues there. The Redeemer is my favorite (I'm guessing) thin neck. My regular non-weather one and also a weathered one are both on their way, too (ordered from main site, traditional way three months ago). Your photos confirm that Obiwan's saber is very nice aesthetically - something about the grenade, body and pommel that all blends well together.

Excellent idea taking those photos on your granite table giving a good impression of the blue.

Can't go wrong with those Redeemers! Enjoy!
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 11 months 1 hour ago #65073

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 139
Another beautiful one you have there OvrcAHst!......man I can't wait for my Redeemer to arrive :woohoo:

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #65109

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1113
You know...a thin-neck fanatic can only take so much. :lol:

Not perfect, but easily fixable...especially someone with your skillz! There will be more thin-necks in my collection, I have no doubts about that. However, mine will probably never approach the level of awesome that you have established with this latest entry. B) B) B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #65113

• Unleashediv
  • Thank you received: 36
Love this thread!! " :D

Edit:
I love it because of the Redeemers (fav saber) and the colours <3 <3 <3

But also the content was helpful as always.
I got a light blue LED I have to post it up. I have the photos on my phone now will do a thread now.
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Unleashediv.

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #65129

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I would have such a hard time if I had your collection figuring out what Redeemer to play with each day. it's like asking, "Hmmm, should I take my Ferrari GTB/4, my 308 GTS, or my F40 out for a spin today?". It would take me an hour to decide! Wow.

Regarding your circuit card, I have to admit I am a BIG fan of Shameem's magnet mod. I think it works well and improves the feel with less (albeit still some) card slide.

The emitter cap can be easily set in place, but I get why it bugs you.

Good stuff...what else you got to show us? I'm living vicariously through you. :-P

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by HotRod.

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #65133

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 38
HotRod wrote:
Good stuff...what else you got to show us? I'm living vicariously through you. :-P
Having no money with which to purchase even one saber, I'm living vicariously through all of you. :blush:
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Roger Redux.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, HotRod

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 4 weeks ago #65135

• OvrcAHst
Thank you All for stopping by and for your comments.

Execute66 wrote:
Very nice arsenal of blues there. The Redeemer is my favorite (I'm guessing) thin neck. My regular non-weather one and also a weathered one are both on their way, too (ordered from main site, traditional way three months ago). Your photos confirm that Obiwan's saber is very nice aesthetically - something about the grenade, body and pommel that all blends well together. Excellent idea taking those photos on your granite table giving a good impression of the blue. Can't go wrong with those Redeemers! Enjoy!
Strangely enough, the Classic colour of Blue is not my first goto colour. :lol:

DK44 wrote:
Another beautiful one you have there OvrcAHst!......man I can't wait for my Redeemer to arrive :woohoo:
No denying, Redeemer does have an awesome energy about it.

Brax wrote:
You know...a thin-neck fanatic can only take so much. :lol:
Not perfect, but easily fixable...especially someone with your skillz! There will be more thin-necks in my collection, I have no doubts about that. However, mine will probably never approach the level of awesome that you have established with this latest entry.
The Jury's still out whether Chosen is to be included. Shadow Hunter just doesn't do it for me. For this, noted, it's an easy fix perfectly suited for my skillset. I'm no MacGyver so to have to do as little or nothing at all to the Hilts is the expected outcome. Thank you.

Unleashediv wrote:
Love this thread!! " :D
love it because of the Redeemers (fav saber) and the colours <3 <3 <3
But also the content was helpful as always.
I got a light blue LED I have to post it up. I have the photos on my phone now will do a thread now.
Thank you for the content support. I have since seen and paid a visit to your Redeemer with writing this reply. ;)

HotRod wrote:
I would have such a hard time if I had your collection figuring out what Redeemer to play with each day. it's like asking, "Hmmm, should I take my Ferrari GTB/4, my 308 GTS, or my F40 out for a spin today?". It would take me an hour to decide! Wow.
Regarding your circuit card, I have to admit I am a BIG fan of Shameem's magnet mod. I think it works well and improves the feel with less (albeit still some) card slide.
The emitter cap can be easily set in place, but I get why it bugs you.
:lol: Funnily enough, am favouring my Graflex ESM lately (Yes, even with final delivery of FFS Series) as I'm determined to find a comfortable sweet spot when wielding that phat-arse of a Hilt with bunny-ear window out rather than towards me. Not planning on becoming a lefty anytime soon. :P
The magnet or magnetic tape I will probably mess around with later. For now, the card is tolerable.
That's about it with Redeemer (other than updates) but there might be something still to happen. B)

Roger Redux wrote:
Having no money with which to purchase even one saber, I'm living vicariously through all of you.
That's a good place to be. There was a time (about) 9Months ago where I didn't have One and now (too embarrassed to count) too many to feed a possible problem. Work hard, save some play money and you'll be getting your first soon enough. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod, Unleashediv

V2 CR Redeemer FFS SF|Story so far.Pt III 10 months 6 days ago #66543

• OvrcAHst
Medium Blue Redeemer with SF Day Blades

Infinity V4

Day Blue

Day Green

Day Yellow

Day Amber

Day Red

Day Purple

Day Blue

Day Purple
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Ultrasabers Dark Sentinel... (1 Posts)
    • Heretic Inner Diameter (1 Posts)
    • Does anyone know the Inner diameter for the Heretic hilt? I'm buying a chassis from Goth 3D. Thank...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2403 Posts)
    • To our new arrivals, welcome! Be sure to peruse the Forum Rules, and FAQ when you get a chance....
    • Saberforge Crusader??? (9 Posts)
    • It's a fear weapon. Not supposed to be used in duels but if you are matched up against someone, ...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2403 Posts)
    • Saberforge Padawan from North Carolina here haha. I am 28 and have been a Star Wars fan from...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5336
  • Latest Member: Silent_Blade77
  • Total Posts: 56.5k
  • Total Topics: 4733
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 26