Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67615

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602

Weathered Descend*nt 12Watt+ Blood Orange

Just because it’s another Thin Neck. Yes, the vowel omission was intended. Much like there is debate with punctuation over Veridium, Veridian, Viridium, Veridum & Viridian and splashing around in the same pond as Exalted, Exhalted; Descendent, Descendant provides no clarity either. So until one is chosen or decided on (or I decide which to go with), insert any vowel or nothing at all to where the asterix stands.

This was released around the same time as Mercenary and whilst both had their respective appeal, one trumped the other (and No, the other isn’t Clinton). Another assembled configuration born from ASP Parts similar to Emerald Knight and Justicar. This however, features the newer version Thin Neck as seen on Shadow Hunter and ASP Emitter8. First obvious difference (or similarity) is the Emitter end-cap. Unlike the smaller & narrower type used on Chosen or the Fluted Crown on Forsaken, this actually takes shape and form from SFs OT Thin Necks. On a much shorter Hilt, relative to combined length consistent to proportions of Apprentice Tiers, the larger head stacks the end result into a cute little nugget of a Thin Neck Saber. Less noticeable on the OT Thin Necks of the Elite Tier as the greater length balances proportions a little more effectively. That said though, with its stubby appearance, if coupled with the smaller Chosen Emitter Cap, it would be strange.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Blood Orange| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font|
Black aluminium knurled kill key*| weathered covertech| Black AV, Red-lit| weathered finish
*hahaha.. request these, don’t always get them.
Expecting lazerforge plastic ones and always to be getting the knurled aluminium ones. Lucky-Dip!

Hilt Length: 264mm
Blade Socket Depth (to flange): 24mm
Blade Socket Depth ( to central flute edge): 31mm

Emitter central flute diameter: 19.13mm
Emitter Cap Diameter: 50.77mm
Thin Neck Diameter: 20.66mm
Adapter Diameter: 38.13mm
Switch Diameter: 34.87mm
Body Diameter: 41.12mm
Pommel Diameter: 30.97mm

Weight: 479 grams

Balance Hilt only, No Blade (from pommel to POI): 125mm

Recognised Parts used for assembly of Descend*nt: Redeemer Emitter with detailed flange design integrated with Prodigal Son central Flute* (will analyse in some more detail later), Shadow Hunter/ASP Emitter8 Thin Neck, Thin Neck Adapter1, Sorcerer Switch, Sorcerer Body and Gladius Pommel.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67616

• OvrcAHst

*Series of Three (left to right): Exalted, Descend*nt, Prodigal Son.
Exalted and Redeemer share the same use of the Emitter Cap where it features the extra detailing of the drilled holes on the flange. Descend*nt takes cues from this. While the central flute is flush to the flange face for Exalted & Redeemer, Descend*nt incorporates the longer extension as typically seen on Prodigal Son. Recent New Edition/Addition Thin Necks have seen this adopted as demonstrated with Chosen & Forsaken (concealed by the fluted Crown design). However it still extends longer than PS and actually shares design influences from Shadow Hunter. Possibly as a reinforcement measure to strengthen the inserted blade and encourage more stability.

Feature Thin Necks (from left to right):
Chosen, Shadow Hunter, Prodigal Son, Descend*nt, Exalted, Redeemer and Forsaken.

Prodigal Son up top versus Descend*nt.

Top to bottom: Chosen, Descend*nt, Shadow Hunter.

Three ignition (top to bottom for colour separation):
Chosen = Medium Red, Forsaken = Deep Red, Descend*nt = Blood Orange

The best that can be achieved by image capture. The Red Spectrum (top to bottom):
Amber, Blood Orange, Red, Medium Red and Deep Red.
Avoid focusing on the coring effect rather, gauge the colour representation in the corresponding spaces directly below each blade.

Following direction by h2soy, demonstration of Assass-in(out). Arse Transplants.
(Pommels from left to right):
Gladius (stock), Black Lotus, Justicar (ASP Pommel4), Exile, Katana.

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67617

• OvrcAHst

(Pommels from left to right):
Chosen, Emerald Knight (ASP Pommel9), Sinister Prophecy (Venom), Juggernaut, Avenger.

A deceptively adorable little Hilt after the first impression of it being a pudgy little bastard. Its smaller stature commands a single hand wield however dimension will allow and accommodate a comfortable dual wield handled weapon also. The Sorcerer Body is generously comfortable. In appearance, comparable to the Graflex T-Grips but filed down resulting in a smooth, uninhibited grip. What may heighten ergonomics would be to delete the covertech placement and swap out the Gladius stock Pommel with a Graflex Pommel with mounted D-Ring. The gradual step-down to the Gladius Switch section as it joins the TN Adapter is relatively smooth and fluid and there’s sufficient accenting recesses and contrasting directional lines and opposing rings that complete the character detail.

Nice little Saber. Happy Days.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, HotRod

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67618

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 265
Glad to see a hilt without any issues!

I'm in love with Blood Orange as a blade color.

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67643

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Very nice, congratulations! Another quality addition of thin necks by Saberforge!

I received my dual tone version this week.
"I am the Senate"

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67645

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
Man, I'd like to buy that Redeemer emitter with Prodigal nipple for a TFA Luke.

Nifty hilt. *thumbs up*

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67650

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Very nice. I really like the weathering on the grip section. Congratulations!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67659

• OvrcAHst
Thanks with stopping by and with your comments fellas. B)

Jas-Ot wrote:
Glad to see a hilt without any issues!
I'm in love with Blood Orange as a blade color.
I know right!? Was looking hard for some kind of discrepancy or imperfection and well.. couldn't find one. Agreed, BO has lotsa luurve. Mind you, if you just simultaneously ignite Red with Deep Red you may as well have a BO lit also next to the dR. :)

Execute66 wrote:
Very nice, congratulations! Another quality addition of thin necks by Saberforge! I received my dual tone version this week.
:lol: You and I, we seem to have similar items in our respective Shopping Carts with the hilt4hilt repeats between us. With the exception of Crossguards of course and yours are V1 where I tend to favour the V2 route. What colour did you go with for your V1?

Kouri wrote:
Man, I'd like to buy that Redeemer emitter with Prodigal nipple for a TFA Luke. Nifty hilt. *thumbs up*
Maybe an empty from Etsy to transplant the neck and emitter cap onto another? :whistle:
Agreed. The primary highlight of Redeemer with a PS. Great marriage. But if that from the PS is a nipple?... Dayum! :ohmy:

Greysider wrote:
Very nice. I really like the weathering on the grip section. Congratulations!
I actually stripped the vertical black anodised lines between the raised body ridges and repeated the same with the horizontal black anodised rings on the TN Adapter and... again on the emitter to highlight the redeemer ring. :P Only did the middle section of the Neck 'cause afterwards with the smaller sections on either end of the neck... CBF! :lol:

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67664

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I really like this hilt, but I was afraid that the difference in diameter between the body and the switch section would be drastic and uncomfortable. I'm really glad to hear it's comfortable. You and H2Soy both have now confirmed I need this hilt, ha.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

V2 Descend*nt SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 weeks ago #67668

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
I really like this hilt, but I was afraid that the difference in diameter between the body and the switch section would be drastic and uncomfortable. I'm really glad to hear it's comfortable. You and H2Soy both have now confirmed I need this hilt, ha.

Do it. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• FS: SaberForge Fallen (5 Posts)
    • Folks, The Fallen is one sweet saber, especially the way this one has been equipped! $400 is an...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (2 Posts)
    • I have the dark brown wrap on my Gladius. Here's a pic for comparison. Hope it helps you out. I...
    • Custom Phoenix (7 Posts)
    • Awesome! Love that blade plug. Welcome back NeBosa! :)
    • Korbanth Dv6- it is point... (1 Posts)
    • So this was my weekend relaxation project this week, I scored this on EBay for 190, which included a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5267
  • Latest Member: Maniax001
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 13