Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18591

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
So. Today, I was out running about town, expecting nothing out of the ordinary. Come back home, and find a note in my mailbox from my mailman. He's gotten pretty used to me like sitting out front waiting for him on days when I was expecting a SF saber to show up, and musta been a little surprised to not see me there this morning. So, he hand-wrote a little note, saying to head down to the post office, cause there was a package waiting for me, as soon as I could. (I live in a tiny rural town, population of less than 300 people, and the post office is about two blocks away.)

So, confused, not expecting any packages, I head down to the post office. The guy at the counter sees me pull up (they know me by now, I'm a first name basis with all of them, cause I receive and ship a lot of sabers....) and pulls out the toblerone, has it waiting for me on the counter when I walk in. I smile, he smiles, I sign for it, he says "Have fun man!" I say thanks, head out, still totally baffled as to what the hell is inside the box. I know it's not the bane I just ordered... that would be impossible. And it couldn't be the lottery saber, it's only been like 2 weeks... did SF accidentally send me someone else's saber? SO!

Super confused, I go home, pop the box open (the poor package was literally torn in two, only a bit of tape holding the two halves together) and out slides.... My Destiny.

I sat there and stared at the bubblewrap for about ten full minutes, just mind boggled. I did not expect it this soon, for sure. I figure they must have some Destinys ready to go and built, and just quickly put mine together and out the door it went. That's about the only logical explanation to me... but. MAN.

Okay! So, first impressions of the saber went something like this:

jlkDJglksdjg's;lkdjg'dsmgfsd,mgdg *massive drooling*

I have been a HUGE Jaina fan for several, several years. And I got the Jaina statue that this saber is based on a while ago, and when I saw SF was doing THIS saber, I really, really wanted it. But then it was released, and I.... didn't get it. I can't explain the WHY I didn't, I just held off on it. It looked so simple, so plain, while most of SF's sabers are jumping with design and style and flashy, and I so I kind of lost my enthusiasm for it, but still kept it in the back of my mind, determining to pick one up second hand, if anyone sold theirs.

Well, you probably know as well as I that no Destiny sabers I've seen have ever hit the market second hand. And finally getting this one (Thank you lottery, for pushing me into taking the dive, and thank YOU guys for helping make the lottery, and dreams like this one, become reality!) in hand, I can now honestly say I perfectly, and completely understand why.

This saber is deceptively elegant. The detail is minimal, true, but it's done with precision and just enough flair. The hilt is very smooth, easy to grip, offers a stellar, firm grip, and the pommel... has enough detail packed into it's tiny little body to carry the entire thing. The flare at the emitter is an excellent grip point, with the little "ridge" around the neck, and while it's light enough, and slimmer than I had imagined it would be, the rest of the hilt offers more than enough room for a two-handed grip if you don't like the one-handed.

I mean... just take a look at this sleek shiny hilt:

And the little details in the "squares" around the pommel...

How smooth and sleek the whole hilt looks, from either side...

And of course.... how AMAZINGLY beautiful that 12W+ Artic Blue looks...

And for those of you that go "What about that box??!": Yes. It's sharp. And it's annoying while handling the saber. But it IS accurate to the model the saber is based off of. HOWEVER... removing that thing so so simple, it's painless. Just one little screw, and pop! It's off. I'm going to find a little greeblie I can pop in the hole while I'm using the saber, to cover it, but even without something it hardly detracts from the saber. I'll keep the box for when/if I put the saber up on display with the Jaina statue, so it's accurate to what it's portraying.

All in all... this is a beautiful, well crafted, simple design that's actually surprisingly well balanced, comfortable, elegant, and.... it's my new go-to dueler. :) 10/10 for this saber, EASY.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Floyd

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18592

• Sparrowhawk
  • Thank you received: 18
Very nice, Knytiri! Admittedly, not a saber that was high on my list, but wow! The beauty is in the simplicity and small details. Also, had no idea the saber was based on a Jaina Solo statue. Congrats on the lottery prize!

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18593

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
That's a nice surprise! Congrats again!
Beautiful saber.

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18595

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
What a nice surprise... Congrats! Nice looking saber. Gotta love the "Sword of the Jedi" Jaina is a beast.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18600

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 31
Excellent review! I always felt the Destiny was too simple/plain for my taste, but sometimes pictures from different angles and distances make all the difference. As Sparrowhawk said, the beauty truly is in it's simplicity.

As a side note, I hate your face Knytiri. I'm on week 16 of waiting for my saber, the last 3 of which have been in the build queue. My saber's been in the build queue longer than it took you to win the lottery, choose a saber, and have it delivered. :angry:

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18602

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
Congrats on that saber man! I can only imagine how happy an early arrival like this must have felt. Better be careful about talking that particular point up too much. Folks like MrSynergy might come to that little town and have not too hard a time hunting you down! :P

I am a big believer in the "beauty in simplicity" thing, and this saber personifies it! It is exquisite! I gotta say, now that I have seen Arctic Blue in 12w+, I just gotta upgrade my saber to one of those. I already sent an e-mail to SF to ask how much they would charge for doing it!

Again congrats on the win in the lottery, and the saber! I will have to look into the next lottery. I have to say I only skimmed over the procedure, but I did not come away with what I felt was a good understanding of how it works. I will have to grab an adult beverage, relax, and give a better read before the next outing because it damned well seems worth it!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18605

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I got to say that I never had any interrest in the Destiny, but after seeing some of the pics my interrest has peaked.

Glad that the saber lottery is coming to fruition and congrats once again man.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Bietr Krrob.

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18607

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Thanks guys!! I love this saber. Have not put it down since I got it. Just keep playing with it =D One day... I'm going to have to put it down so I can.. ya know, charge it. (yeah. Those pics aren't even fully charged. Holy damn, right? lol)
I hate your face Knytiri.

:ohmy:
Folks like MrSynergy might come to that little town and have not too hard a time hunting you down!

Just remember that I live in a hardcore red state, and I have lots of guns to prove it. And lightsabers.

Also, it's legal to kill people as long as they're on my property here. So.... no consequences. =D
I have to say I only skimmed over the procedure, but I did not come away with what I felt was a good understanding of how it works. I will have to grab an adult beverage, relax, and give a better read before the next outing because it damned well seems worth it!

It's definitely worth it! And its a blast to run and put on for you guys. I won't be putting in again for a little while, as I've already won one, but! The more we have participating the funner it is for me to do. :) If you have any questions on how it works or need clarification on any points Brax, don't hesitate to PM me, I'd be glad to help out any way I can. Getting people new sabers through the lottery is the best I can do until I actually get a job at SF, lol.

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18608

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1066
I might just take your suggestion, and take the lottery conversation off-line, so we don't pollute this thread. I will say that like most folks, I have this mental list of sabers I will absolutely buy at some point, and then there are sabers that I would feel proud to be a part of my collection, but they are so far down that "list" that it is more than likely they would never actually rise to the top. If I were to enter, and win, I would get one that would have otherwise never made it any other way. I already have ideas on a couple of specific models that fall into that category.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18624

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 20
Congrats on the lottery saber, I can't believe it came so fast :blink:

The design of the destiny is a little to bland for my tastes but I'm glad you're enjoying it :cheer:
Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18629

• McCloud
  • Thank you received: 3
I really like that Arctic Blue. I may keep that color in mind for later. Clean looking saber, congrats!

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18635

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 31
Knytiri wrote:
Just remember that I live in a hardcore red state, and I have lots of guns to prove it. And lightsabers.

Also, it's legal to kill people as long as they're on my property here. So.... no consequences. =D

You know what? I will find you in your red state. When I do I will burst through your door, kneel before your saber collection, and weep.

I kid, I kid (except about the weeping part, I do that everyday anyway until my saber arrives). Anyway back to the topic at hand. Knytiri, how is the Arctic blue in person? I was thinking it would be more of a pale blue, but in the pics it seems more medium-ish. I've got a deep blue Gladiator coming, and eventually would like to get a saber in the Arctic to have a good distinction between them.

Oh, and damn it man! I had literally zero interest in the Destiny...and I find myself staring at the pics you posted...and thinking what a fun saber this could really be...and I hear my wallet cry "Stop! You fool!"

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18636

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 40
That's a pretty nice looking hilt! I like how simple it is in design. The box doesn't look to be in too bad of a position, but it's great to know it can be easily removed. Looks like it would handle nicely too.

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18747

• MarvelousMoustache
I think if I had one hero tier saber. I'd make it the Destiny. Its simplistic yet beautiful design allows for a contrast of colors without compromising a sense of alignment of the force like other designs.
"Only a Sith speaks in Absolutes"

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18786

• Darth Grahf
  • Thank you received: 2
I knew you would love it! Congratulations on finally getting your Destiny!

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18789

• Knytiri
  • Banned
You know what? I will find you in your red state. When I do I will burst through your door, kneel before your saber collection, and weep.

My collection really isn't that big, lol. There's many more weep-worthy collections out there XD
Knytiri, how is the Arctic blue in person? I was thinking it would be more of a pale blue, but in the pics it seems more medium-ish. I've got a deep blue Gladiator coming, and eventually would like to get a saber in the Arctic to have a good distinction between them.

Artic Blue is a pale, sky blue. The best thing it compares to is like Luke's saber in ANH. It's very very close to that. But, it's beautiful. Very lovely. It and Cyan are probably my two favorite colors from SF, and they're both just... silly amounts of gorgeous.
Congratulations on finally getting your Destiny!

Thanks again! =D

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18798

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
That's a good looking saber.

What's the measurement on the hilt? It looks a bit longer than average to me, but that could just be a trick of the eye due to shape of it, with the swell behind the emitter and those sleek smooth lines and all.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18803

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I need to charge it and take some new pictures, with a lineup of my current collection. I need to charge all the sabers... lol. I haven't charged it or the arbiter since I got them in, and they're still bright as can be... I'm almost afraid to do a fully charged photo-shoot with four 12W+ sabers on all at once.

When I do that, I'll take some measurements for ya, and post the pictures. :)

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18805

• Turan
Knytiri wrote:
I'm almost afraid to do a fully charged photo-shoot with four 12W+ sabers on all at once.

You can then open your own Star Wars-themed tanning salon.

Champion Destiny, 12W+ Artic Blue 1 year 9 months ago #18847

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Okay, the photo shoot has been done. And holy shiznat are 4 12W+ LEDs on and running side by side at the same time bright.

So I of course took a before picture, so you can see the lighting conditions I was taking these in. All natural lighting, no lights were on, just an open window. So that's 100% sunlight coming in here.

So then I turned them on....

And my camera proceeded to freak out for about 10 minutes until it could adjust.

So yeah. BEAUTIFUL COLORS EVERYWHERE AHHH...

As for length on the Destiny, as you can see it's just a tinnnny bit shorter than the Exhalted and Reborn. They come in at 12.25in, and the Destiny is right at 11.75.in. Because the hilt is so smooth and open, it makes it PERFECT if you're looking for a two-hander, but it's light and nimble enough to use one-handed easily as well.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• FS: SaberForge Dissident (1 Posts)
    • FS: SaberForge Dissident Custom Light Weathering Prizm v5 RGB LED 18650 Battery KR Bass Speaker...
    • Man-Cation! (6 Posts)
    • Arguments begin now starting with.... "I THINK JARJAR IS A GREAT IDEA!"
    • Man-Cation! (6 Posts)
    • Hi there, Trouble getting a connection, hmmm? [attachment] You should try Coruscant Communication...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5278
  • Latest Member: ThomasTrash
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 18