Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15045

• Knight Errant
  • Thank you received: 1
This is the first purchase I've made from Saberforge, and I'm definitely not disappointed! I purchased it from the Etsy store and received it in just under a month. As the title says, it's a Warrior tier 12W Disciple, with a weathered finish, amber blade, and brown leather hilt wrapping.

First and foremost, this thing looks great and fits well in my hand. It feels solid and very well-constructed. The finish looks fantastic and holds up to close scrutiny, while the brown leather wrapping looks beautiful and makes for a comfortable grip. My only issue with my Disciple is that the ends are rather sharp, which I don't see as too much of a problem, but it's worthy of note.

The blade was heavier than I anticipated once I installed it, but I quickly got used to the extra heft. I found that the best point to grip for spins and other stunts is a bit closer to the emitter. After a few minutes, I was easily spinning this thing around and greatly confusing my dog. Single handed spins and tricks come naturally, but the wheel in the back sometimes makes a two-handed grip a bit awkward until you figure it out. Just takes some getting used to!

Next, I have to say that the 12W LED is bright.

Like, really bright. It can light up an entire room and is clearly visible even in daylight. I'm very happy with the Amber color. It's the exact shade of orange I wanted to compliment the finish of the hilt. The brightness of the color does fade a bit towards the tip of the blade, but it's something I can live with because even at its dimmest points, it's still incredibly bright.

All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with my Disciple. It's a wonderfully designed, aesthetically appealing hilt and a great first choice for a saber enthusiast on a budget. I feel like it'd have a great place in any collection, even if you own some of the more expensive hilts on offer. I'll definitely be doing business with Saberforge again, once I have the money!

Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Knight Errant.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blircos

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15047

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
Great looking Saber! I love the Amber color, suits the saber perfectly with the brown wrapping. I plan on going Amber for the Archon when it's released. Congrats!
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15049

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
That is a GREAT picture of the amber color, captures it nearly perfectly!! Love the combination of the weathering, amber, and brown leather wrap, truely all works really well together. Great looking saber you got there, so enjoy it! :)

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15065

• Knight Errant
Thanks! It took me a long time to settle on a finish and a blade color. I stared at comparisons, ran opinion polls with my friends, everything! First time saber shopping was more stressful than I imagined. So many choices!

It was between amber, blood orange, or purple for the blade, but I eventually settled with amber and I'm sure glad I did.

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15275

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
You nailed it sir! Fantastic!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15517

• GreyFox
Damn you man! Damn you! hahaha I ordered the exact same saber as you a while back lol Well great minds think alike I guess :P I love the look of your saber and it has really reinforced my choice :cheer: CANT WAIT FOR IT!!! One difference I think may be that I got a 32" blade to minimise the chance of dimming on the saber but I will have to wait and see :)

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15525

• Cyran Azor
  • Kill the boy and let the man be born
  • Thank you received: 11
Beautiful! My Disciple is almost identical haha. I opted for the bronze stingray wrap on my hilt and went with the 12w lime green for my blade color haha. But I also got quick connects installed! It only took me a few weeks to realize that one color wasn't enough haha.
~The force shall set me free~

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15527

• Cyran Azor
  • Kill the boy and let the man be born
  • Thank you received: 11

12w Lime Green 12w Indigo and 12w Red
~The force shall set me free~
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Cyran Azor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Serisscweald

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 10 months ago #15721

• Knight Errant
GreyFox wrote:
Damn you man! Damn you! hahaha I ordered the exact same saber as you a while back lol Well great minds think alike I guess :P I love the look of your saber and it has really reinforced my choice :cheer: CANT WAIT FOR IT!!! One difference I think may be that I got a 32" blade to minimise the chance of dimming on the saber but I will have to wait and see :)

Glad to hear it! It's really a great looking saber with that finish and wrap combo. I get a very solid Old Republic sorta vibe from it, which was pretty much what I was going for. I'm sure the 32" blade might help a little bit with the dimming, but I'm not entirely sure. It's honestly not too bad. Definitely not a deal-breaker by any means.
Cyran Azor wrote:
Beautiful! My Disciple is almost identical haha. I opted for the bronze stingray wrap on my hilt and went with the 12w lime green for my blade color haha. But I also got quick connects installed! It only took me a few weeks to realize that one color wasn't enough haha.

And those are some solid color choices! I've been looking at the lime green color, actually. It looks really nice and I might consider it for my next saber. But that's definitely a little way's off for now!

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 5 months ago #28518

• echof0xtrot
I'm looking for a "golden yellow" color, does the Amber fulfill this description? I understand it's tough to take pictures that capture how the colors look in real life, so I'm looking more for a personal opinion based on the "golden yellow" description. thanks!
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by echof0xtrot.

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 5 months ago #28519

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
For a yellow gold, I would say it's pretty spot on. More so than the yellow module you could get.

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 5 months ago #28520

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
Based on this, and the fact that I have a yellow saber, I believe Amber would be the color you seek. The yellow is pretty light in tone, and I don't perceive any golden attributes to the color.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 5 months ago #28528

• echof0xtrot
thank you, exactly what i needed to hear. the wait begins...

12W Warrior Disciple, Amber, brown wrap, weathered 1 year 4 months ago #33308

• Shiz
  • Thank you received: 23
That looks Wonderful.

I am waiting for one very similar. Amber Disciple, weathered, dark red leather wrap.
I ordered right before Christmas.

My son keeps telling me I got a Sith saber, which bugs me, so I channel my rage and try to force choke him. I wish he would stop saying that. ;)
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Shiz.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• (6 Posts)
    • Well, I have one hilt lined up as a 'build to sell' - a SF Renegade - I have all the internals lined...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • Hi all, Well I have the saber that "Called to me" from SF's catalogue. As far as other hilts go...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (10 Posts)
    • I already own 7 of my top 10, but I'm not actually planning on owning 10 hilts. Right now my real "...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Cant wait to see what else you come up with, like i said my fiance is super jealous of that saber....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4638
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 15