Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Disciple 12w Purple Review

Disciple 12w Purple Review 1 year 10 months ago #16264

• AzianB
Hello saberfans. I recently got a Disciple as my 2nd saber. This is my review. Ok well start with the hilt. The hilt is nicely done. I have a brown leather wrap even though I said no wrap. Oh well, got a free wrap lol. My question is that will the leather wrap get scratched off or come off after excessive use? Because if so, that is the main reason why I decided to order without wrap. Other than that, the hilt is almost identical to the Acolyte hilt. The edges (from what I see and feel) are a bit smoother than the Acolyte. The pommel is a bit different. This pommel seems to be an extension as it is longer than what I've seen in other Disciples. I believe it is to easily twist off to get to the battery easier. You can see in the pictures.

Now for the blade and color. See I've ordered a 12w Purple Warrior. Now when I first unscrewed the blade plug, the LED was halved. Like one side was blue and the other was red. I think this is because of the mixing of colors to make purple. When I turned it on, it looked great. However, (cannot see in the pictures) the color near the hilt is a bit blue-ish then goes to purple then a pinkish color at the tip. Is this common in all purple sabers or do you guys have a solid purple running across the blade evenly? Anyways, it looks great. In some of the pictures it looks pinkish but that's because of the direct sunlight making it lighter.

Pro:
Good weight to it

Outstanding detail and design

Comfortable for spinning

Wrap feels better than expected

Extended pommel makes it easy to twist off

Cons:
The pointy part of the emitter is a bit sharp

The blade tends to wobble a little but just wrap tape around it and it'll do the trick

The extended pommel looks a bit out of place

I need more POWER!!
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Knytiri. Reason: embedded images.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Disciple 12w Purple Review 1 year 9 months ago #16444

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Mate, your saber looks gorgeous!

I've been thinking about getting this exact saber with a green blade.

How bad does the blade wobble? Were you to duel with it, do you think it might come off if there's a strong enough blow from your dueling partner?

Disciple 12w Purple Review 1 year 9 months ago #16449

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
How bad does the blade wobble? Were you to duel with it, do you think it might come off if there's a strong enough blow from your dueling partner?
Once the retention screw is flush go ahead and give it another half turn to full turn; I used to be hecka cautious about screwing the blades in but best practice is to really screw it down.
The extended pommel looks a bit out of place
I wonder if they've updates their Disciple build because the one I got two months ago has a shorter pommel. Interesting.

Disciple 12w Purple Review 1 year 9 months ago #16476

• AzianB
It isn't bad. Just a little loose. Like I said, just put tape around it like 2 times and it's perfect. It doesn't even budge
I need more POWER!!

Disciple 12w Purple Review 1 year 9 months ago #16479

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
They did update the Acolyte and Disciples with a new longer pommel. I guess there were some complaints that the shorter one was too hard to take out to get to the battery in Warrior tiers... personally I think the long ones look a little dorky, lol. Still nice, but after being used to the short pommels they just look out of place to me.

Blade wobble topic, that's usually caused by the slight variations in blade widths; since they're all machine done there's fractions of an inch difference in every blade thickness. Using a bit of tape around the base of the blade to add that thickness is a good way to go, if the extra-tight crank on the retention screw doesn't fix it by itself. :)
However, (cannot see in the pictures) the color near the hilt is a bit blue-ish then goes to purple then a pinkish color at the tip. Is this common in all purple sabers or do you guys have a solid purple running across the blade evenly?

That's pretty common with all mixed colors. Unfortunately the way light works, they never seem to mix perfectly for 100% of the blade length. I'm hoping the new 12W+ LED modules with the tighter cluster of die will help that issue, but yeah.. pretty common.

Disciple 12w Purple Review 1 year 8 months ago #19093

• LightKnight88
  • Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
  • Thank you received: 1
Just sealed the deal for me I'm definitely grabbing a purple led unit now for my disciple haha

Disciple 12w Purple Review 1 year 8 months ago #19094

• McCloud
  • Thank you received: 3
Wow that's really clear. I'm color blind and I can tell it's purple and not blue!

Disciple 12w Purple Review 1 year 7 months ago #22462

• Immortal Android
  • Own:Hasbro luke ep. 4 and 6 Disciple 12w blue Want: Dissident Vengeance Mauler Silver Knight Archon
  • Thank you received: 3
another colorblind saber enthusiast! its rare to find someone like me, especially on a forum like this
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

User 1991
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Your top 10 "must ha... (12 Posts)
    • I think Thomas originally wanted to call that bottom 3-d render The Talon (which would have been...
    • All right I'll bite too! 10.) OT Kenobi fully accurate shelf-queen 9.) Luke Graflex ESB fully...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Well, I have one hilt lined up as a 'build to sell' - a SF Renegade - I have all the internals lined...
    • Hi all, Well I have the saber that "Called to me" from SF's catalogue. As far as other hilts go...
    • I already own 7 of my top 10, but I'm not actually planning on owning 10 hilts. Right now my real "...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4638
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 6