Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: We have the name! What do you think of it?

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71544

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
11 months and counting! I am sure we will be getting a trailer in the next couple of months, but for now all we have is an official title. Personally, I like it!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71545

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 797
Hi all,

Sounds a bit final, end of the road to me but I'm sure there'll be another....film. ( I really shouldn't speak in absolutes, I'm a Jedi). And did anyone notice the Red text on the poster, and not Star Wars yellow?

For Tyeth

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71548

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 204
Yeah, I'm a little scared that it could mean the end of the Jedi order.

Though it's probably in reference to Luke since he is, until Rey completes her training (if she trains, who knows?), the "last of the Jedi".

I noticed that on the poster too. Not a fan. Not only was the yellow text the Star Wars text, but it popped against the background of the posters. The red kind of fades into it.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71550

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
It is interesting that the word Jedi can be either a singular, or refer to a group of folks who are Jedi. So, it is somewhat ambiguous about whether it refers to one, or many. If it is one, is it Luke, or Rey? So many wonderful possibilities!

As for the red lettering, I agree that it must signify something. It reminds me of the post for the unused title of "Revenge of the Jedi".
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71551

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 546
I dig it. Going off the reference to the last Jedi in the TFA crawl, I think it bodes ill for our man, Luke. I expected him to die during this trilogy, and now I'm even more convinced.

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71553

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 70
I like the title very much, even though I had hoped that Star Wars could keep from repeating the same words in their titles (now we have Return of the Jedi and the Last of the Jedi then) - so far all the titles were unique without any repetition.
Not that that's a deal breaker, the vibe the title gives off is amazing (as many have said, almost finalistic, bittersweet and epic, like there's going to be a grand epic sacrifice), it's just that I am curious as to what the other contenders were.

Can't wait for a trailer though, it must be even more epic than the name is already giving the feeling off.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71557

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
Borommakot wrote:
I dig it. Going off the reference to the last Jedi in the TFA crawl, I think it bodes ill for our man, Luke. I expected him to die during this trilogy, and now I'm even more convinced.

I'm thinking the same thing - I almost expect some kind of sacrifice by Luke at the climax of this movie, and then his force ghost in episode 9.

The title is pretty ominous, but that could mean so many different things. As simple as a reference to Luke, and this movie being very focused on his story, a foreshadowing of his death, or even a change to the Jedi order as we know it.

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71561

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Along with it having a repeated word in the title (can't simply call Episode VI Jedi anymore), it does break the pattern of SW movie names.

The first film in each trilogy is 3 words and is kinda vague description-wise (The Phantom Menace, A New Hope, The Force Awakens). The second is where "the bantha poodoo hits the fan", so to speak, and has 4 words (Attack of the Clones, The Empire Strikes Back). And the third also has 4 words in a R-word of the ____ (or more specifically, a Force using group) format (Revenge of the Sith, Return if the Jedi).

The title isn't bad by any means, but it would beeen a little better if it was Last of the Jedi, so that it echoes Yoda's final words to Luke.

And I know TFA did this as well, but I really don't like how they took the episode number off the title.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71564

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 521
"That boy is our last hope, no there is another" The conversation between Yoda and OB1 when Luke left Dagobah in ESB. Revealed another skywalker was, but force sensitive? As we discovered later in the movie yes Leia was able to hear Luke call to her. Disney has stated that they won't be using a CGI version of Leia in Episode IX. Could this be some odd twist of fate that not only the actor and character both pass. Will EpisodeVIII be the end for the Skywalker line!?

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71586

• Darth Squidious
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 38
Blah....

What are they gonna call the third one?

The Last Jedi....this time its for real.
If there is only one hot chick in the galaxy... And she's your sister.

You might be a redneck.

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71588

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 490
VIII is called The Last Jedi

VIX is called A New Hope :P
"I am the Senate"

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71590

• Grey
  • Thank you received: 3
Finally someone else triggered by the title in red !
I'm pretty sure they didn't woke up like "hey ! Let's put the title in red !" so there's probably an hidden message here.

In my opinion, the last jedi is Luke, and I expect this episode to bring light on the time between VI and VII. Given infos from the last movie, Luke is the last jedi cause [at least] one of his apprentices went dark (Ben) and killed the others or took them with him.

So, while Rey is not a jedi until the end of her possible training, we have one jedi for the light site and Snoke, Kylo, and probably the knights of Ren on the dark side users team.
For the moment, the Red team have the advantage, that explains the Red.

But that's just a title announcement poster, the definitive title design for the movie posters still may include the episode number and the yellow "Star Wars".

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71596

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 136
Hmmmm the title is colored red....Ben Solo--the last jedi?

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71601

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 70
Execute66 wrote:
VIII is called The Last Jedi

VIX is called A New Hope :P

Isn't it just IX? And haha, I could maybe go for something like 'Reborn Hope' or something for 9, but again, I prefer if they refrain from using the same words in the titles.
Rather something like 'The Legacy of Skywalker' or something awesome :woohoo:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

We have the name! What do you think of it? 4 months 1 week ago #71604

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 797
Hi all,

How about "A Recurring Hope" for a title? That word appears quite often and it begins with R!
(see what I did there?)

For Tyeth

We have the name! What do you think of it? 1 month 1 day ago #75239

• Exuberon
  • Grey Jedi
=Ottomatix= wrote:
"That boy is our last hope, no there is another" The conversation between Yoda and OB1 when Luke left Dagobah in ESB. Revealed another skywalker was, but force sensitive? As we discovered later in the movie yes Leia was able to hear Luke call to her. Disney has stated that they won't be using a CGI version of Leia in Episode IX. Could this be some odd twist of fate that not only the actor and character both pass. Will EpisodeVIII be the end for the Skywalker line!?

Also along these lines are, I hope we get to see Leia swing a lightsaber and spank Ben jr with it. However with Ms. Fisher's death, I think Leia will be soon joining Han in the afterlife (leaving Luke as the he last Jedi). Rey will likely become a new type of Jedi (maybe a "grey"?)......It's too bad we never got to see Leia come into her own as a Jedi.

We have the name! What do you think of it? 2 weeks 6 days ago #75551

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 204
Exuberon wrote:
=Ottomatix= wrote:

Also along these lines are, I hope we get to see Leia swing a lightsaber and spank Ben jr with it. However with Ms. Fisher's death, I think Leia will be soon joining Han in the afterlife (leaving Luke as the he last Jedi). Rey will likely become a new type of Jedi (maybe a "grey"?)......It's too bad we never got to see Leia come into her own as a Jedi.

That was never planned for the new trilogy anyway. They had already decided pretty much from the start of the new canon that Leia was going to focus on politics and not the Force. I believe Carrie Fisher had input on that decision as well. There's plenty of Jedi Leia in the comics that followed ROTJ, though.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Your top 10 "must ha... (8 Posts)
    • OK, I'll play. 1. TFA Graflex 2. Ep. II Anakin 3. Mace Windu 4. Monarch (Hero since I constantly...
    • Themed Sabers (803 Posts)
    • Hi Everybody, Just a quick post to Bump this thread up before it disappears. I was wondering if...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Looking back, I would probably buy the parts I wanted as soon as they were available because the...
    • In a random order: 1. Mace Windu ep.1 2. Maul's staff 3. Corran Horn (Genesis) 4. My ASP - already...
    • Well, I have a 1) black Vanquish with red blade 2) standard Grandmaster for my GF, purple blade 3)...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5193
  • Latest Member: Shadowdragon
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4636
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 23