Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HAHAHAHAHA...

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 3 weeks ago #83785

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1913
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 3 weeks ago #83789

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1763
:P :lol: :silly: :side: :whistle:

I liked the movie overall, but even I have to admit, that was my least favorite bit. I understood the reason for it, but I think this specific portion of Luke's daily routine on Ach-To could have been done some other way, or left out entirely. Everything else Rey saw as she was following him around was quite sufficient at demonstrating that he was not trying to accomplish anything, but day to day survival while waiting to die.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 3 weeks ago #83790

• Rhyno
  • Platinum Member
  • MTFBWY
  • Thank you received: 129
Hahahahahaha
AND
EEEEWWWW!!
There is no Light, There is no Dark, There is only the Force!

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 3 weeks ago #83792

• OvrcAHst
Brax wrote:
I liked the movie overall, but even I have to admit, that was my least favorite bit. I understood the reason for it,
:unsure: :S :dry: We had Blue Milk and now on tap at the Cantina is Green Milk. We didn't need to know the origins or source of the Blue, same could be equally said about the Green. :dry:

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 3 weeks ago #83800

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 742
I can see the humor but I rather puke thinking it could be mammalian gland secretion of Kylo Ren.

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 3 weeks ago #83803

• 26jhoran
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
This made me just a tad bit more dead inside

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 2 weeks ago #83813

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 186
Oh boy... that just messed me up even more than I thought it could :lol:
That being said; I'm not sure about the scene; not that I have a thing for alien boobies (Total Recall :P ), but I did sort of like the concept of Luke being this Bear Grylls kinda guy who does whatever is necessary to survive day-to-day life.
That being said; we really didn't need to see it up close, especially not with the creature giving Rey that :unsure: :dry: :blink: :S :whistle: :pinch: look that's saying; 'You wan some of this?' :evil:

Also, it really makes me frikkin' ass curious as to what Phil Lord and Christopher Miller did to the Solo movie :lol: I mean, like said, most of the humor in TLJ I could dig and laugh out loud with (to me it felt appropriate just like with the Marvel movies), but objectively speaking I too had to agree it was at times really 'wow, in a Star Wars movie?'
The fact that Kathleen Kennedy said; Great job Rian, this is exactly appropriate for all audiences! (I mean come on, with the scene in question we're discussing here in this topic, they least they could've done was make it look like a cow's utter, but no, they actually went for 4 breast-like nipples) and casting Phil Lord and Christopher Miller aside really makes me wonder what kind of humor they were doing (I'm thinking along the lines of 21 Jump Street, but damn... that would be really overboard indeed).
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 2 weeks ago #83815

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 364
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
The fact that Kathleen Kennedy said; Great job Rian, this is exactly appropriate for all audiences!

It's rated PG-13, not G. G is appropriate for all audiences. PG-13 is appropriate for adults and children over 13 years old.

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 2 weeks ago #83837

• OvrcAHst
Rhyno wrote:
Execute66 wrote:
26jhoran wrote:
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
scifidude79 wrote:
:lol: :silly: :lol:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
The following user(s) said Thank You: 26jhoran

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 2 weeks ago #83852

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
scifidude79 wrote:
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
The fact that Kathleen Kennedy said; Great job Rian, this is exactly appropriate for all audiences!

It's rated PG-13, not G. G is appropriate for all audiences. PG-13 is appropriate for adults and children over 13 years old.
Ah, ok, didn't know that - Norway doesn't really have any age restrictions unless it's horror, they're quite open and liberal here to nudity and have more a problem with violence and gore.

That being said; I meant more as in the fact that Kathleen Kennedy seemingly has no issue with what Rian Johnson did humour-wise with TLJ, which makes me really curious (if we ever get to see it), what Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were doing, seeing as they got send away from the Solo movie because the humour was just too much and not appropriate - like said, I still enjoy the humour in TLJ and can have a great time with it, but seeing as so many fans felt it didn't fit and was too tone-deaf and such, I wonder what the original Solo-movie would've looked like.

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 2 weeks ago #83856

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
From what I read, it was almost an Ace Ventura level of zaniness, which wouldn't have been right for Han Solo. However, here's how asleep at the wheel she is. She apparently didn't even know about the situation until Alden Ehrenreich raised his concerns over it to her. I get that she has a lot going on running LucasFilm, but you don't even know what's going on in a movie that you're producing?

I'm more surprised Disney allowed the creatures to have realistic human looking breasts. That seems more out of line for them than it does for LucasFilm. And, one of Kathleen Kennedy's main jobs is to make sure that everything that comes out of LucasFilm meets Disney's criteria and doesn't "damage" their brand. So, they had to be cool with it too, because you can't tell me the subject of breasts didn't come up in at least one memo.

Having said all of that, this is still hilarious:

OvrcAHst wrote:

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 2 weeks ago #83914

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 359
OvrcAHst wrote: Disney should have put this in the movie and went full slapstick with it. Just might’ve made it watchable.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 2 weeks ago #83930

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
scifidude79 wrote:
From what I read, it was almost an Ace Ventura level of zaniness, which wouldn't have been right for Han Solo. However, here's how asleep at the wheel she is. She apparently didn't even know about the situation until Alden Ehrenreich raised his concerns over it to her. I get that she has a lot going on running LucasFilm, but you don't even know what's going on in a movie that you're producing?

I'm more surprised Disney allowed the creatures to have realistic human looking breasts. That seems more out of line for them than it does for LucasFilm. And, one of Kathleen Kennedy's main jobs is to make sure that everything that comes out of LucasFilm meets Disney's criteria and doesn't "damage" their brand. So, they had to be cool with it too, because you can't tell me the subject of breasts didn't come up in at least one memo.
Aha, yeah if it's Ace Ventura then that would've indeed been taking it too far; not that I don't like that kind of humor, but it indeed wouldn't have fit with Han Solo.

As for Kathleen Kennedy; I dunno how busy one is as executive producer? I figure it's mostly providing money and making sure things run on schedule, but not having too much of a say into the script and such (then again I ain't no professional expert in the world of Hollywood, so dunno how it goes).

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 2 weeks ago #83937

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
As for Kathleen Kennedy; I dunno how busy one is as executive producer? I figure it's mostly providing money and making sure things run on schedule, but not having too much of a say into the script and such (then again I ain't no professional expert in the world of Hollywood, so dunno how it goes).

She's the CEO of LucasFilm, I'm sure she's really busy. She has a lot going on with this project, and many others that LucasFilm is working on. Still, you would think she'd find some time to visit sets and see how things are going, being that she's writing the checks that pay for a lot of this stuff to happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrimsonJax88

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 1 week ago #84186

• Nico
  • Thank you received: 3
I have seen this movie twice. I like very much Daisy, she is a great actress.
NiC0

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 1 week ago #84240

• Darth Squidious
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 282
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
scifidude79 wrote:
CrimsonJax88 wrote:

Ah, ok, didn't know that - Norway doesn't really have any age restrictions unless it's horror, they're quite open and liberal here to nudity and have more a problem with violence and gore.

That being said; I meant more as in the fact that Kathleen Kennedy seemingly has no issue with what Rian Johnson did humour-wise with TLJ, which makes me really curious (if we ever get to see it), what Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were doing, seeing as they got send away from the Solo movie because the humour was just too much and not appropriate - like said, I still enjoy the humour in TLJ and can have a great time with it, but seeing as so many fans felt it didn't fit and was too tone-deaf and such, I wonder what the original Solo-movie would've looked like.

PG-13 stands for parental guidance for children under 13, there is a PG rating that is even tamer and then G which is general audiences. R is for restricted (18 and over but no one enforces it) any gore, nudity or more than one F bomb will earn that.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 1 week ago #84243

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Remember movies in the '80s where you could have brief nudity and still get a PG rating? Ah, those were interesting times. (that's where the "guidance" part comes in)

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 1 week ago #84314

• Sharangir
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm Swiss, (very close to France..) so the boobies never distracted me.

I guess, it has more to do with the "state of mind" of a culture. It's no secret that the united states have a severe problem with their understanding of what's bad for children.
The amount of violence you can get in PG-13 movies is simply appalling.
Even more so, if you consider how a breast, the first thing any human ever sucked on, is considered "nasty" and may not be looked at until they grow up..

Sorry, this topic drives me up the wall!

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 1 week ago #84316

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1763
Sharangir wrote:
Sorry, this topic drives me up the wall!

Believe it, or not, there are a lot of us (Americans, that is) that agree with you 100%!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharangir

HAHAHAHAHA... 3 months 1 week ago #84321

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Honestly, I saw the movie, I saw the creatures, and didn’t think too much of it. But, it’s also no big surprise to me that others are bothered by it. Lots of people are bothered by things that are no big deal to me. Would it be traumatic for a child? Probably not. The burned to a crisp Vader in ROTS would probably be worse for a young child to see than a creature with mammary glands. I mean, we all have them, they’re the defining characteristic of mammals.

Back to the Vader thing, I actually saw a woman in the theater who ignored the PG-13 rating on ROTS and had a child younger than 13 with her. She was shielding his eyes when crispy Annie was on screen. That’s why movie ratings exist.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by scifidude79.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Assembling a staff (1 Posts)
    • I’m curious about assembling a staff with ASP. So, I need.... LED, Emitter, switch selector, body,...
    • Sith Lord Lightsabers (4 Posts)
    • Quote: 1: Those are absolutely beautiful. Good job collecting. 2: Why do you need to wear gloves? Do they...
    • Current ASP order lead ti... (48 Posts)
    • Last Friday I ended up emailing support about my order. (Small order to patch a problem with my...
    • VIRTUAL SABER BUILDER??? (11 Posts)
    • Working here sir. Sounds like some browser trouble. Have you tried another browser? (Just to test)...
    • VIRTUAL SABER BUILDER??? (11 Posts)
    • I tried many times to load the configure with no success using updated Google chrome. The screen...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5815
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 44