Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Epoch.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W Amber

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #50869

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
Standard finish Epoch, another design I just had to own as soon as I laid eyes on it. Just shy of 13 inches and ideally suited to dual wielding. I found it fairly heavy at first but now feels perfect.

Looks orange here, the actual colour is a little less bronze and more toward the yellow.

Absolutely gorgeous design, the windows are stunning and give the whole saber an added touch of class. I can't stop looking at it.
Top edge is a little sharp, but the hands are nowhere near it. Detailing on the saber is perfect. Simple, yet pleasing and so well crafted

Bought with a 32" blade but the 26" for my consular shown here. The amber isn't quite as bright as the pink in my other saber, the shorter blade length certainly helps.

I'm totally sold on my Epoch, it covers all the bases for me. Sturdy and stylish with a good weight and centre of balance. A worthy addition to anyone's collection.
Thanks Saberforge !!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst, RyanRising, DK44

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #50932

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 300
Congrats xyster! The Epoch is sweet!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #50935

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Nice to see you around here again, xyster! I'm sure Master Tyeth will also be happy to see you!

As for the saber, that Amber looks fantastic. I do believe that Amber and Yellow look the best with the Epoch. Nice buy!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #50943

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Agreed with Eddy, Amber looks perfect with the Epoch. Awesome choice!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #50973

• ace1680
  • Thank you received: 15
Love the amber color. I've ordered a VF in that color

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #50974

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Congrats on your Epoch! Looks great and I've always been a fan of those emitter windows. I will definitely get an Amber/Yellow LED someday.
- Light em up

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #50977

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Xyster, Congratulations with successful (and eventual) delivery of your Hilts. Amber is a particular favourite colour of mine and it's illumination paired with an Epoch is simply stunning. A Hilt that's definitely on my Wish List, when you wrote:
Top edge is a little sharp, but the hands are nowhere near it.
Do you refer the Emitter mouth or is it the Shroud edge bordering the windows? Is that a Red-lit AV you opted for contrast against the Amber? Thank you for sharing, your Review and the included images.

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #51004

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
Is the saber fully charged? I've been told that the Amber is a golden orange while the yellow led IS yellow when fully charged. I can't get a good picture of the true color anywhere, dispute how many reviews there are.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #51006

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
greyjediDude,
Is the saber fully charged? I've been told that the Amber is a golden orange while the yellow led IS yellow when fully charged. I can't get a good picture of the true color anywhere, dispute how many reviews there are.
Agreed, there are many Reviews, I often use this as a goto for comparison. IMO, it looks consistent to xyster's first pic but richer, perhaps the difference of a 12 vs 12+.

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #51018

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
Firstly, Thanks guys for all the kind replies. You're all spot on- the Epoch and Amber LED just sing when paired together.
It was seeing the same set up reviewed here a while ago that prompted me into owning my own someday.

In answer to greyjediDude and OvrcAHst,
Yep, shots taken at full charge. In fact the saber was fully charged after about 2 hours.

The LED is 12+, but my little phone camera either wildly compensated too orangey or too washed out! To me, the blade looks a rich yellow, but Ms Xyster tells me it is definitely Amber, and who am I to argue?

To best describe, look at the first pic. The actual colour is that which you see immediately around the blade, best illustrated right at the tip, where there's a big sun-yellow blob coming off the edges. That's the colour you'll get.
It is dimmer than blues/greens. A fair trade off for the unique colour.

The slightly sharp edge is at the very top of the emitter. Actually the windows and everything else is astonishingly smooth and well crafted. And while the illuminated switch may appear red, its really an exquisite bronze colour, which again just suits the Epoch hilt design perfectly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

12W Amber 1 year 3 months ago #51030

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 827
Hi Xyster, Everyone,

That is one beautiful looking saber and the combination of Amber and the Epoch's windows give it a fantastic classical look. It gives off an air of elegance and antiquity, if you know what I mean, almost as if it is full of history belonging to a great Jedi Master!

The colour and light given off is ethereal. I wish I had ordered my saber later, I would have been able to get 12W+ as well.(Maybe a future upgrade).
OvrcAHst posted in another thread a clever tip to eradicate the sharp edges on sabers using a low powered motorised nail file, then using the file with a buffing pad to shine it up.

In all a really nice saber I'm sure you're proud of, well done my friend.

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber loses power when le... (4 Posts)
    • Yes, depending on the LEDs you will need resistors. What are you running?
    • i use the battery saberforege offers, the 18650 3.7 v i very carefully soldered it to the wires and...
    • Sounds like the PCB is being tripped. Did you wire the battery yourself? What battery is it?
    • Prism V5 Accent LED pads.... (2 Posts)
    • There is a config file called LED.txt that manages the accent LEDs. The manual has a good section...
    • Saberforge Sentinel &... (9 Posts)
    • Yeah, me too probably. Still, it's a cool blade. It would look really awesome in the Gladius hilt....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5319
  • Latest Member: Nickyskams
  • Total Posts: 56.4k
  • Total Topics: 4721
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 11