Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Epoch.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 2 years 5 months ago #5330

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Well, the Epoch is a little bit special to me! I'm gonna give you a full review with pictures!

I bought my first Epoch as a Quick Ship deal this summer! I don't know why, since I had already 4 orders on their way and had no interest in the Epoch! Guess I wanted a saber fast! Was I happy? Yes, I still am! After all, it is my very first Saber! It is special to me! After 2 months I got it upgraded from a Warrior to a Champion Tier, and I changed the LED from a 12W Artic Blue to a 12W Green! That was a great decision! However, now that I have both my Reliant and my Acolyte (And a staff coming soon), I lost a little bit of interest in my Epoch (THIS IS A QUESTION OF OPINION)! But I need to be neutral on this so here goes!

Pros:
- Long saber (13.3 inches), perfect to wield using both hands! A little bit long for dual wielding though! Makes a perfect Staff (Video Below)
- Beautiful design, I love the windows and the angled emitter!
- Bottom of the saber is easy to unscrew (Battery compartement easy to access (If you have a warrior Tier saber)
- The blade plug/Blade is easy to remove and install!

Cons:
- Edges are sharp! I've had to file them a bit in order not to hurt myself while using both hands!
- A little bit heavy compared to some others hilts!
- I hate the grip! The absence of carvings on the handle (Where you put your hand) and the absence of a leather grip make the handle a little bit slippery! My saber fell on the ground so often it looks like it made the Great Mandalorian War (huehuehue)! I added a Leather grip to my saber myself in hope to get a better grip on it: Success!

If I had to rate the Epoch on a scale from 1 to 10, I would give it a 7! Remember, this is my personnal opinion, nothing more! Others might disagree, and this is, once again, their opinion!

Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Darth Revan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griffon, supercookster401

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 2 years 5 months ago #5386

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Thank you received: 1
I want my next saber I get to be the epoch, I like your review. It answered some questions I had heard about. I love the window at the emitter. thanks.
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 2 years 5 months ago #5399

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Thanks my friend! Be quick though if you want this window design! They're changing is this summer for vertical windows instead of horizontal ones!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 2 years 4 months ago #6065

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
  • Thank you received: 11
So i got my Epoch today, champion editions 12W deep blue and was gonna do a review but tbh, this one pretty much covers every point i had lol
The only difference i would have in mine is personal opinion, so far ive had no problem dropping it or anything during spins, but this could be totally on individual grip!
Also the edges on mine weren't sharp (was a preowned saber so could maybe be worn down a little bit) but again its a minor point.

All in all totally agree with the excellent Revan review! for me this saber is 8/10 (and it's gonna be so hard to part with it to my gf lol)
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ModernJedi, Darth Revan, O.G. Jedi Lord

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 2 years 4 months ago #6067

• Jedi Knight
  • Rootinest Tootinest Jedi this side of the Kessel Run
  • Thank you received: 7
Just ordered a 12watt Green Epoch as well, super excited!
Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #23614

• Lord Darkstar
You have all reasons in the Galaxy to be proud of your first saber being an Epoch... you started with style!

My first was a Dominix v4 (not Saberforge).....

... no need to elaborate about it failing 3 days after I turned it on for the first time right? :(

Just to show Murphy where he can stick his Law, I ordered an Epoch.

I'm sure it is a good choice and the aesthetics are just awsome!! B)
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Lord Darkstar.

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #23626

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 529
If you could go back in time which version 1, 2,or 3 do you like the most. I think V2 best looking

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 1 year 8 months ago #23691

• Lord Darkstar
Well Ottomatix,

If I could go back in time, I'd buy an Epoch instead... he he he!!

To tell you the truth, I bought the Dominix because I wanted a saber before the Premiere of "The Force Awakens" and none of the versions of it looked bad at the time.

But in my personal opinion, no Dominix can compete in aesthetics with an Epoch. The Epoch has something... hypnotic... I saw it, and I wanted it...

Now, with the benefit of hindsight, I understand I got the Dominix across the Atlantic almost inmediately after paying because they are mass produced in sacrifice of quality.

I still have to wait to get my claws on the Epoch (and the Venom I ordered it with) to be sure about the performance, but from what I have seen in the videos (and after what the Dominix did to me) so far I can say that the Epoch also wins in this area hands-off.

Difficult to see the future is...

...but if Saberforge gives you 1 year warranty and the... "other" ...doesn't, then one can make oneself a good idea of it.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Lord Darkstar.

12W Green Warrior/Champion Epoch 1 year 3 months ago #50260

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
I'm happy to see my good old review is still here! I just sold the champion tier. It was covering dust on a shelf hahaha!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (28 Posts)
    • That is going to be incredible! :woohoo:
    • Want to Ask Phil a Saber ... (33 Posts)
    • I seem to remember Phil stating on FB that everyone in the saber business would be doing LED strip...
    • Quote: Available on 25th to pre-order at the main site! Brax, can you please find out from what time of...
    • Available on 25th to pre-order at the main site! Brax, can you please find out from what time of...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5381
  • Latest Member: Anitasponi
  • Total Posts: 56.8k
  • Total Topics: 4758
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 19