Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Exhalted.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: SaberForge Exhalted Review

SaberForge Exhalted Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #80402

• ChewBaci
  • Thank you received: 6
I wanted to put together a review share some pictures of my new Exhalted Champion the new 3.0 sound bored in Arctic Blue 32” V4 blade and three light side sound funds. Heirloom, The Master and Rangers Blade. I have to say this is my first saber and the photographs online do not do any justice it is pretty amazing to holding hands.

Overall it is a very nice well-balanced saber, the detail is very impressive especially the grenade and immature sections and the anodizing is flawless. The saber came with a hex wrench, USB wall charger and micro USB cord used for both charging and editing the sound fonts. I was a little apprehensive about ordering a thin neck after reading several reviews that mentioned blade wobble and while the blade does wobble it is not that noticeable.

The saber and the accessories were wrapped together in bubble wrap. I was a little disappointed there was minor scratches on the face of the pommel which were caused by the USB connector rubbing against the saber during shipping. Also the foil tape on the inside of the thin neck was hanging out the end of the emitter. The blade was packed loosen in box,. After shipping by the time I received the package the diffusion film was hanging out the end of the blade. This allowed a good amount of debris to accumulate inside the blade. Before dusting it out I could see dark shadows on the inside of the blade. In my opinion some of these problems could be easily prevented.

It took a little bit of trial and error to learn to navigate the internal menu using the activation switch. However once I figured it out I have had no problem switching between the three sound funds and auxiliary sounds. The 3.0 soundboard is extremely sensitivity to movement and I will most likely dial it back at some point. I would liked it if the activation switched had an LED charging indicator. There is no way of knowing if you are fully charged when using USB wall charger. There is a voltage meter in the editor, but this tells you with the current voltage of the battery. I expected the activation switch to be the same color as the blade and well it is blue it is not Arctic Blue.

The blade colors very nice, I did expect it to be a bit brighter with the two green dies however it is very nice in medium to low light and on film. There is a hotspot about 3/4” above the emitter. I believe this is a result of the foil used to reflect the light up through the thin neck. I would definitely recommend this saber to anyone who is considering it an option.
Last Edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Brax. Reason: Moved to more topic appropriate section
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, Yo-sh, scifidude79

SaberForge Exhalted Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #80413

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 359
Very nice Exhalted ChewBaci. If I ever dip my toes into the thin-neck pool, it’ll definitely be with an Exhalted. Congrats!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

SaberForge Exhalted Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #80414

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1526
Very nice! The Exhalted was my first saber, and certainly still among my favorites. Congrats!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

SaberForge Exhalted Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #80423

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 228
Great review, thanks for posting it. The Exhalted is on my list for sure. It's a bummer that your hilt didn't arrive pristine, that was a shoddy packing job. The issue with the blade film could have easily been solved with a piece of masking tape. I know they have some blue masking tape that they use to wrap the hilts. Take two seconds to slap a piece over the end of the blade and the film can't come out and dirt can't get in.

SaberForge Exhalted Review 3 months 3 weeks ago #80428

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 447
Sucks about the shipping issues :( All of SF's thin necks are dimmer than a normal saber due to the design. The LED is housed down in the main body and is reflected via the mylar film in the thin neck up to the blade itself, which causes some loss of light. The only other way to do a thin neck is to have an emitter large enough to house the LED module while giving enough depth for the blade to be inserted. And the LED switches only come in one shade of blue, which is slightly lighter than royal blue. If you order on the blue spectrum (deep, medium, light, arctic, cyan) that's the switch you're gonna get.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• One emitter that ASP is m... (1 Posts)
    • It would be nice to see ASP offer an emitter like the one on the (admittedly simple) lightsaber...
    • Purple or indigo???? (15 Posts)
    • Between the two, I'd go indego. I always liked the deep blue mix it creates, a richer color I feel....
    • New Member Introduction T... (2683 Posts)
    • Welcome Astrachomy, and Discoetheque!
    • New Member Introduction T... (2683 Posts)
    • Hi, everyone! I've been stalking this forum for the last couple of months, just reading the threads...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (52 Posts)
    • Quote: Another Thomas Snyder musing... [attachment] Loved the new curved body asp part, great design....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6482
  • Latest Member: Discoetheque
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5456
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 39
  • Yesterday Answer: 67