TOPIC: Trials of Transformation

Trials of Transformation 1 year 7 months ago #53565

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Thanks, guys!
OvrcAHst wrote:
Borom, Had to check my Calendar as Trials ordinarily features on Fridays with today being Tuesday.

I imagine that just a timezone difference XD I usually post on Thursdays my time, but after missing the last couple of weeks due to finals, I wanted to get an extra entry in before continuing with the regular updates. But now it should be back to Thursdays (or Fridays, in your case XD)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #53885

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
As promised...
Part VIII

“I told the old kung ‘d keep quiet, but o’course ‘e squeals anyway, and I gotta pop ‘im!” Finished a wiry-looking Ubdurian, and he and his three companions burst into laughter.

“Tell ‘em,” hiccupped a dreadlocked human woman in full combat armor, slapping the helmet on her knee, “Tell ‘em what happened after!” The Ubdurian flashed a grin with his enormous teeth.

“Well then the barkeep comes out, lookin’ all—”

“Hoy,” interrupted another, a Duros laden down with explosive ordinance. He sat straight up, all traces of mirth gone, and pointed past the trees. Smoke was curling up out of the grass some distance away. The one beside him, a bearded man in various black leathers, stood and raised a set of macrobinoculars to his face as the armored woman slipped on her helmet.

“Can’t see anything,” the bearded man concluded in a hoarse voice. The Ubdarian responded by firing off a few blaster shots at the spot where the smoke rose. When there seemed to be no response, the woman cut in.

“We better check it.”

“Fine, you and Carm can go,” the Ubdarian said, nodding toward the pillar of smoke, “Me and Kay’ll watch the bikes.”

The Duros and the woman made their way unhurriedly towards the source of the smoke. The Ubdarian and the bearded man were soon reclined against the nearby trees, watching the progress of their companions. They hadn’t been at it long before the subtle hum of a power cell warming up sounded behind them. The Ubdarian groaned.

“Aw, for the love of—”

~~~

Setting the fire had been easy enough, though Bor’om had needed to cannibalize some parts from one of the blasters. The hard part had been doubling back around without being noticed. It seemed that the smoke had distracted them well enough, though he suffered a moment of panic as a blaster discharged several times. As he got closer he peeked over the top of the grass occasionally to gauge his progress, and theirs. Right as it seemed like the two sent to investigate the smoke were about to find it, he made his move. Slipping into the thinner stretch of grass, he waited until he was right beside one of the bikes before powering up his remaining blaster. At the same moment, he jumped onto the bike and brought the engine up from its idle. He could already hear shouts just meters away; looking up, he caught sight of the Ubdarian and the human man stepping out from behind the trees, weapons ready. One hand on the bike’s throttle, Bor’om leveled the pistol and squeezed off a few shots, driving them back into cover. As soon as they dove out of sight, he fired into the chassis of the second bike, which quickly caught fire, before its repulsors failed and it collapsed to the ground. Bor’om’s own bike gave a whine that told him the engine was ready, and he twisted the accelerator as hard as he could. The bike almost rocketed out from under him, but he got both feet in the stirrups just in time. His blaster wasn’t so lucky, and was torn from his grasp by the sudden acceleration. But he assured himself that he didn’t have to worry about it. With the other bike crippled, he was finally, truly, free.

Gunning the bike at full throttle, he took a wide arc toward the settlement, on the off chance that other search parties still waited along the path, but even with the detour, the outlying buildings of the settlement came into view after a short ride. He abandoned the bike before getting there, heading in on foot. With the sun high in the sky, the dusty streets were busy with people, and it was easy for him to blend in. He even traded the black robe he had been wearing for a loose gray shirt he found hanging on a line. Comfortable that he was less recognizable, he made his way toward the port. No sooner did he get within eyesight of the little spaceport than he saw a pair of figures that looked like they would be right at home among the slavers.

Everything about them, from their worn and well used gear to their heavy weapons separated them from the locals. He watched as they accosted several passing civilians, questioning and haranguing them before letting them go on their way. He was suddenly grateful he hadn’t tried to ride the speeder into town. Bor’om had no doubt they were there to find him. Moving among the buildings to a better vantage point, he was able to see just three ships docked at the port; a couple of small transports and a freighter. After several minutes of high-anxiety self debating, he decided to try the freighter. With the streets as busy as they were, it was fairly easy to get close to the platform, and once there, he walked purposefully passed the fueling crews and maintenance droids to the boarding ramp. Only as he set his foot down did he look back to see if he was being watched. Across the way, the thugs were confronting another pair of locals. Letting out a sigh of relief, Bor’om ascended the steps into the freighter. He decided instead of hiding to meet the captain and ask openly for help, and so he made his way to the bridge and waited in the copilot’s seat.

Only a few minutes later, a lithe alien with long green limbs, whose species he didn’t recognize, appeared at the door, prompting Bor’om to get quickly to his feet. It paused at the sight of him, blinking a pair large gray eyes with star-shaped irises. After a moment it stepped into the room, proceeding toward the controls, speaking as it did so from a thin mouth set very low on its face.

“What are you doing on my ship, human?” It asked, to his great relief, in Basic.

“With your assistance, I’m escaping capture.” He replied simply.

The alien settled into the pilot’s seat, and looked at him, saying nothing for a while. Then finally, “Are you a criminal?”

“No,” Bor’om answered quickly, “I had the misfortune of encountering slavers. They took me.”

“Slavers, on Terical?” Another long pause, “And you escaped them on your own?”

Bor’om looked away, out through the viewport, “Not without…making some sacrifices,” he adjusted the shirt he was wearing, ensuring his master’s bone and lightsaber remained covered.

Another long pause. Bor’om felt the alien’s eyes fixed on him, and presently his own gaze went from the window, to the floor, and back up to meet the alien’s stare. Bor’om was about to plead his case more, when the alien exhaled sharply through its slit-like nostrils, and then turned to the control console and began flipping switches. The freighter’s engines groaned to life beneath them.

“Do you know how to fly human?” It asked, still working the console.

Bor’om lowered himself into the seat, nodding slowly, “I’ve had some basic training.”

“Good, I’ll need a co-pilot to bring this ship into Graymar Station. Once I deliver this cargo and pick up a new hand, I’ll take you where you’re going.”

“Coruscant,” Bor’om said quietly, as he watched the surface of the planet drop away beneath them, “I’m going to Coruscant.”

~~~

It was a short, quiet journey. In part, it was a welcome change; as they left the planet, Bor’om felt the minds of its people grow progressively weaker in his own mind, until they vanished altogether. He was left with just a feeling of The alien refused to tell Bor’om it’s name, or listen to his. In fact, it seemed pleased to learn that he didn’t even know what species it was. It wasn’t averse to telling him why, either.

“You might be an escaped slave, human. Or you might be an escaped criminal. Your word isn’t much to go on, so the less information we share, the better for both of us. Well, mostly the better for me. But I think that’s a fair trade for transport.”

Bor’om couldn’t argue with the captain’s logic, and as that seemed to put a stop to their conversation, remained silent, thinking, during the journey to Graymar Station. It was an unremarkable looking mining platform in an asteroid field, all spindles and landing pads and a web of cables reaching out to the nearest rocks. He remained aboard the ship as the captain went to unload his cargo, and when he returned with a heavyset Duros, Bor’om merely nodded and left the cockpit to them. He spent most of the last leg of the trip in the ship’s washroom, replacing his old bandages, and trying to avoid his haggard reflection. His back was still a pulpy mass of angry reds and crusty black, but the nerves no longer felt raw, or twinged at the slightest movement, though he couldn’t be sure how much of that was the natural healing and how much was his continued use of the Force to control the pain.

When he finished he sat down in the privacy of the washroom and drew out his master’s lightsaber. He had tried a couple of times to fix it while on the run, but everything had been working against him, and he never succeeded in getting more than a fizzle out of it. He held it up at eye level, slowly turning the hilt, noting the cracks and scoring, every dent and scratch. The recessed activation stud seemed to be fine, judging by the hilt’s response to pressing it. He peered through the bent and broken emitter windows and saw there was a sizable chip missing from the emitter itself. Tracing the seam of the hilt casing, he was pleased to note that the large gouges in the metal hadn't crossed it. Perhaps it could still be safely dismantled. Tentatively, he gave the lower half of the hilt a firm, steady twist. It moved as though undamaged. He carefully separated the two halves, exposing the chassis core. There, nestled at the heart, no larger than his thumb, was the blue crystal that his master had given life.

He concentrated on it, and immediately felt his back prickle as he shifted focus, but he grimaced and kept his eyes on the crystal. It shuddered in its mount for a moment, and then jolted free, floating just a few inches in front of Bor’om’s face. The Force it had been imbued with was as strong as ever, he could feel it. Would it have turned out differently if she had been stronger in the Force? Would she have lived if he had been? The slowly rotating crystal gyrated faster and faster as these thoughts chased a thousand possibilities through his mind. This group, this “Court,” they would pay for the suffering they’d caused. He was brought back to reality by the wailing of an alarm; the signal that they would be dropping out of hyperspace. Sure enough, a moment later he felt the subtle change in momentum. His chest tightened as the reality of it set in. He had made it back. He couldn’t bring himself to look at Coruscant just yet. Guiding the crystal carefully back into its housing, he distracted himself looking at the surrounding parts of the chassis, but couldn’t gauge the extent of the damage. His examination was interrupted by a voice over the intercom.

“Human,” the alien’s voice, slightly distorted by the speaker, was impassive as ever, “We’ll be landing in a minute. Meet me at the boarding ramp.”

Sighing heavily, he rejoined the two halves of the hilt, and after a last, long look at the hilt, he slipped it back into his belt and made his way down to the boarding ramp. The lanky alien was there waiting as the ramp descended.

“Here we part ways, Human,” it said simply.

“Yes,” Bor’om paused, tasting the scent of Coruscant’s air for the first time, “Thank you. You know, I’m willing to bet the Jedi would be able to compensate you for helping me.”

The alien raised a scaly brow, “Jedi? I wondered. No, my peace and quiet will be compensation enough.”

It was Bor’om’s turn to raise an eyebrow, but when it became clear that the alien was serious, he smiled.

“Fair enough. Thank you,” bowing slightly, he descended the ramp onto the landing pad, and no sooner had he hailed a transport, than the freighter’s engines fired and the ship disappeared.

Settling into the air taxi, Bor’om eyes scanned the cityscape.

“So, where to, human?” The driver asked.

Bor’om squinted at the five towers on the horizon.

“The Jedi Temple.”

Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Borommakot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kered, OvrcAHst

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #53916

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1713
Beautiful conclusion to Trials Borom. I appreciated the themes change in pace as it enabled the character Bor'om a moment of peace and reflection. There was tranquillity as the tides favoured him with minimal conflict during the journey. A strangers acquaintance that became reliant and his passive demeanour assisted greatly. You have structured your composition well as questions are many with answers sought but clarity absent as forks of direction now lay ahead. Very engaging and now the decisive moment with choosing the next path to advance by. Thank You.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #53946

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
That.. was a really nice ending Borom. I am really excited for Book Two and the inclusion of the Jedi Temple. Really nice writing. I enjoyed all of book one. Great job, and thank you.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #53976

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Oh man what an awesome way to end I really enjoyed that with the temple right there you are a great writer and you show it again and again it was a pleasure to read thanks for sharing I'll be on the look out for book 2
The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #54013

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Beautiful conclusion to Trials Borom. I appreciated the themes change in pace as it enabled the character Bor'om a moment of peace and reflection. There was tranquillity as the tides favoured him with minimal conflict during the journey. A strangers acquaintance that became reliant and his passive demeanour assisted greatly. You have structured your composition well as questions are many with answers sought but clarity absent as forks of direction now lay ahead. Very engaging and now the decisive moment with choosing the next path to advance by. Thank You.
And thank you, Ovrcahst! Happy to hear that it pleased.
MommyHoldMe wrote:
That.. was a really nice ending Borom. I am really excited for Book Two and the inclusion of the Jedi Temple. Really nice writing. I enjoyed all of book one. Great job, and thank you.
Thanks, MHM! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :)
Kered wrote:
Oh man what an awesome way to end I really enjoyed that with the temple right there you are a great writer and you show it again and again it was a pleasure to read thanks for sharing I'll be on the look out for book 2
Glad you liked it, Kered! Thanks for reading!

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #54015

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Fantastic read, Borom! Eagerly looking forward to the next installment!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #54178

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Thanks a bunch, Edd! I'm excited to share it!

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #54997

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
The votes are in, and the next segment of Trials will be "Path of the Wayward"! It begins with a short introduction, below.
First Intermission

The natural light that penetrated the shrine had faded until the only thing left illuminating the chamber was the glowing holocron and the projection hovering above it. The pilgrim showed no signs of fatigue, looking away only at odd intervals to withdraw a food capsule from the folds of their robe and take a nutrient pill. Occasionally the projection would display a diagram or schematic alongside its narration. It was usually just a ship, a weapon, or a planet relevant to the events the old man was relating. When these appeared the hooded figure would sometimes whisper indistinguishably, at which the old man’s projection would pause, and nod, enlarging, rotating, or simply pausing on the image before continuing on.

As he finished, a miniature city scape materialized below his feet, the five towered temple he had spoken of right at the center, rising above the surrounding blocks and structures. The projection paused and looked down at it, drawing the pilgrim’s attention there, too.

“From here,” the old man said heavily, “things…change,” The entire chamber shuddered as he spoke the word, prompting its visitor to jump up in surprise, but if the projection noticed, it gave no sign, and as he continued speaking, the room continued to tremble and groan, “My life is a testament to the arrogance of anyone, adept of the light or dark, who claims to know all the mysteries of the Force. You feel its power now, don’t you? It acts beyond what we are capable of perceiving. You may have heard that it binds the galaxy, stitching reality together.Well, it can just as easily tear it apart.”

The room suddenly lurched. By the time the hooded figure turned and saw the entrance rising out of sight, it was too late. The pilgrim moved hesitantly toward where the opening had once been, but the chamber continued sinking deeper underground. The room filled with cloying dust from grinding stone.

“Settle in,” the old man said from behind, over the rumble, a hint of amusement in his voice, “One truth I can offer with certainty: The Force is a commitment…not for the feint of heart.”

The pilgrim turned slowly to face the holocron’s projection, which was wearing an expectant look on its face.

“Are you committed?” he asked. The chamber ground to a halt. As if he were actually present, the old man’s robes billowed…and changed, subtly. Below him, the holocron changed as well; the pale blue light drained of color, and the heart of the holocron became obscured by fog-like wisps inside the crystal panes. Though the projection was now composed only of colorless shades, it was clear that its robes and garb were different than before.

After a long silence, the pilgrim nodded. The old man nodded in return and gestured toward the corner of the room, opposite where the doorway had been. The walls cracked apart, just as they had done when the chamber unsealed, but now they moved so slowly, it was barely perceptible.

“Very good. Let’s continue.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kered

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55009

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Wayward, nice!!!what a great way to start. a tease of things to come. I for one am ready to see this path and how it plays out thanks for the read will keep eyes out for more

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55020

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Here's hoping it satisfies :) Thanks for reading!

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55021

• OvrcAHst
Borom, a decision has been obviously made and a nice one too. I am a little happy inside that Wayward has commenced as that was the one I voted for. Looking at the Poll, it was a hung vote between Wayward and Revenge, what was your selection process that tipped the outcome?

An exciting read and well versed writing, Thank You. Forgive me for asking (maybe it's late and I should sleep as it is I that is showing signs of fatigue),
The pilgrim showed no signs of fatigue, looking away only at odd intervals to withdraw a food capsule from the folds of their robe and take a nutrient pill.
There's one hooded figure in the Chamber, the Pilgrim, interacting with the Projection, the Old Man right? or have I missed something? :blush:

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55022

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Borom, a decision has been obviously made and a nice one too. I am a little happy inside that Wayward has commenced as that was the one I voted for. Looking at the Poll, it was a hung vote between Wayward and Revenge, what was your selection process that tipped the outcome?
One of the votes for Revenge was my own, which I discounted (I had to vote in order to view the results, for some reason XD). So it was 1 for Justice, 3 for Wayward, and 2 for Revenge.
An exciting read and well versed writing, Thank You. Forgive me for asking (maybe it's late and I should sleep as it is I that is showing signs of fatigue),
The pilgrim showed no signs of fatigue, looking away only at odd intervals to withdraw a food capsule from the folds of their robe and take a nutrient pill.
There's one hooded figure in the Chamber, the Pilgrim, interacting with the Projection, the Old Man right? or have I missed something? :blush:
In that case I'm using "their" as a neutral pronoun, to avoid an awkward phrase like "his or her." I don't want to assign the pilgrim a gender, at least not yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55024

• OvrcAHst
In that case I'm using "their" as a neutral pronoun, to avoid an awkward phrase like "his or her." I don't want to assign the pilgrim a gender, at least not yet.
:) Thank you for clarifying Borom. Yes, I should go sleep now. Bad things happen after 2am, or so I'm told. ;) Looking forward to Part I's release next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, SuUpberSith

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55025

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Heh, sure thing! Enjoy your rest!

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55027

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Really nice start for Wayward. Looking forward to reading more Borom!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55920

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Part I

During the ride to the Temple, Bor’om anxiously debated how he should present himself to the counsel. Should he report to them immediately? Should he have his injuries tended first? At the same time he contended with the renewed flood of empathic input that came from the densely populated city-planet, which within minutes had given him a head-pounding migraine. He hadn't come any closer to deciding when the air taxi came to a stop in front of the Temple steps, but when he stepped out he had only a moment more to wonder about it before his body decided for him, and he collapsed.

He came to slowly, vaguely aware of a sense of weightlessness. He opened his eyes and found himself floating in a cylindrical tank of bacta, a breathing apparatus strapped over his nose and mouth. The healing solution had done its work; he couldn't feel the burns or lacerations anymore. Through the glass of the tank he saw a medical droid approaching at their typical, plodding pace. It stopped at a control panel and keyed a command into the panel. The bacta began to drain from the tank, and after a moment his feet touched the grate. When the last of the solution had flushed away, he stood dripping in the empty tank, gingerly stretching to see if there was any lingering sensitivity. His skin felt a little taught across the shoulders, but there wasn't so much as a sting left.

The tank lowered into the floor around him as he pulled the mask off his face, and the droid came forward, offering a towel and a stack of clean clothes.

“Padawan Bor’om, it is good to see you awake. It’s been three days. I am B-6. The Jedi Council requests your presence as soon as you feel able. I took the liberty of stowing your belongings in the footlocker beside the door, should you need them for your audience with the Council.”

“Thank you,” Bor’om answered with a nod. He sighed deeply as he wiped the remaining gel out of his hair and ears. It was finally time to finish the mission. Setting the towel on a nearby bench, he went to the foot locker and lifted the lid, apprehensive of what he would find. Resting on top of the thin gray shirt and ragged, stained trousers was the belt holster and blaster pistol, and beside them, the ruined hilt and jagged bone shard of his master. He was a little surprised they hadn’t taken those already, but if B-6 had done all the work, the droid would have no reason to treat any of the items differently. These were the only two things he took from the chest. Grabbing a spare robe that hung by the door, he stepped into the hall, slipping the heavy garment over his shoulders and withdrawing his hands into the sleeves where the broken hilt and broken bone could be kept low profile. As he walked to the council chamber, he began to mentally retrace the steps of their mission. He was grateful for the peaceful atmosphere of the temple; despite the horror he would soon have to revisit, a sense of calm ruled his mind.

At last he stood before the chamber doors, keying the pad beside them to notify the Council of his arrival. The doors immediately parted with a quiet hiss, and he strode resolutely in, taking his place in the center of the chamber, head bowed until he was addressed.

“Padawan Bor’om,” spoke a soft, but electronically modulated voice right in front of him. He looked up into the face of the Kel Dorian Grandmaster, Vay Tahn, as he went on, “We are overwhelmed with relief that you have returned to us safely. Are we correct in saying that your mission has taken a number of unexpected turns?”

“Yes, Master,” Bor’om replied firmly. He was about to show them his master’s remains, but was distracted by a sudden ringing in his ears, and bowed his head instead, trying to suppress it.

“Please, Padawn, deliver your report,” Tahn said, just as softly as before.

“Of course, Master,” Bor’om said as the ringing finally faded. His gaze remained fixed on the ground as he went on, “Our only lead when we set out from the Temple was the possible location of the most recent disappearance, in a system not far from Corellia. There we discovered the rumors of other disappearances, and expanded our search…” He told them how they tracked each rumor and each lead to its source, time and again confronting only dead ends. But they had been careful in their investigation, kept it quiet, and it paid off when another mass abduction happened on Uzteca II; the abductors either oblivious that the Jedi were searching for them, or too sure of themselves to care. He explained that the trail had nearly gone cold again after reaching Uzteca, until they had heard about the unusual freight traffic going past Terical, where at last his empathic senses had led them to the slave transport.

“…but they had some kind of starfighters supporting them. They tried to destroy the freighter with us and the captives on board. Master Tenei,” his voice broke slightly, and he had to pause, “She sacrificed herself to save me. We…I…don’t know what became of the slaves. At this point, Masters, any rescue parties sent to find us know more than I, but I can give the location of the facial—”

“Padawan,” Interjected Master Graaddik in Shyriiwook, her deep voice somewhat hesitant, “there were no rescue parties dispatched.”

Bor’om looked at her, dumbstruck, and then he slowly turned, looking each master in the face in turn. Still, it seemed no words would come. After a few more moments of stunned silence, he managed, “But…didn’t you receive our message?”

“We did,” Master Tahn answered, “However, the Senate is in the process of negotiating a treaty with Terical. They…didn’t want a Jedi intervention to put it at risk. We wanted to look for you and your master, Padawan, but it put too much in jeopardy.”

Bor’om stared at the Grand Master for a moment, then swallowed, and looked away.

“I see,” He couldn’t see how they would do this, “I will keep the remainder of my report brief. The slavers took me unconscious from the wreck of the freighter,” Too much in jeopardy? Their lives and the lives of the slaves weren’t worth one political treaty? His head started pounding again, “They had a compound built beneath their refueling station. I can’t say what became of it after my escape,” Had he stayed, had he hoped for rescue…none would have come. “But I can readily locate the base again and…” he stopped, teeth grinding as his thoughts got the better of him. His eyes went to the windows, and then back to Master Tahn’s inscrutable antiox mask, “I’m sorry, Master,” he said through gritted teeth, “Will the council be able to use this information, or will we need to wait on approval from the Senate?”

“Padawan,” chimed Master Misas, a gray-skinned Mikkian, “we understand your feelings, but you must not let them control you.”

“No?” Bor’om spat, turning sharply toward Misas, “That’s right, it’s just you who controls us, who decides who lives and dies.” His ears were ringing again, but he ignored it.

“Know your place, Padawan!” Graaddik growled, “We don’t make any decisions lightly, let alone when the lives of those in our order are at stake. But every circumstance must be considered. Your perspective is obscured by the details you lack and the weight of your emotions. If you don’t check those feelings, you will be lost in them! Your master knew this as she knew the risks of every mission. Such was her commitment. So should be yours.”

Bor’om’s head felt like it was going to explode, and the ringing had become unbearable. Turning in place, he saw no comfort in the Council members. Just the people who had left him and his Master to die. But they were right about one thing. Summoning all his strength, Bor’om pushed back against the physical and mental pain, driving it down until it became manageable. But he didn’t stop there. He imagined a dark hole in his mind, and began forcing the anger and sense of betrayal into it, not stopping until it was gone. His headache, his anguish, the ringing, all stopped abruptly, and he stood still. When he looked back at Master Graadik, it was with a neutral expression and impassive eyes.

“Did she know you wouldn’t come?” He asked, but he didn’t wait for an answer, instead turning to Master Tahn, “My report is finished, Master. If there are no more questions, I’ll be in my quarters.”

Again, not waiting for a response, he turned and left the room. As he descended in the lift to the Temple's main floors, he found that he still felt numb. He couldn’t summon up any kind of reaction to his actions in the council chamber, or even to the Masters’ revelation. Marveling slightly, he realized, he couldn’t feel anything.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kered, OvrcAHst

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55933

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Again you show us the range of the talent for story telling you have I really enjoyed the interactions between the council and borom thanks for another great entry to an awesome story I will watch for part two

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55937

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Thanks a lot, Kered! I'm glad you liked it!

Trials of Transformation 1 year 6 months ago #55989

• OvrcAHst
Well written and delivered Borom, very well done. It's a polished accomplishment and refined articulation demonstrated time and time again by you. A long and arduous journey home to the Temple after experiencing so many tests well beyond a Padawan (or any) would ordinarily have to commit to. The character Bor'om's strength and tenacity and determination is simulated as mirroring the Writer Borom. A sense of belonging and the comforts and securities of home as he sporadically recognised the aided healing by familiar surrounds and the absence of hostility as he faded in and out of consciousness.
Just the people who had left him and his Master to die. ;)
An interesting turn of events as The Council of Masters was addressed as he detailed during debriefing. Startling realisations of Politics and alleged life of the masses chosen over the adversities and lives of the few. I too felt the boiling rages of anger welling deep inside me learning (as Bo'rom did) that Rescue efforts were non existent. These events (and likely makes me also) are perceived as being irrational. With trying to maintain balance and uninfluenced emotion, the similarity shared here, How should I be feeling and why did I do what I thought had to be done?

Looking forward to your next delivery, Thank You.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6046
  • Latest Member: 42Scope42
  • Total Posts: 62k
  • Total Topics: 5172
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134