Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: The Gray truth

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58622

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Nice one Kered, with none-the-wiser I hope you have regained your rhythm with this latest instalment or whether you found yourself tweaking several drafts similar to Pt1? The direction taken as the Part faded out was very different to what I was anticipating. Very well done. The introduction of surprise making the plot less predictable is very effective.
In a corridor of 4 versus 1 I concluded that the capture of Lien was inevitable however not quite so. Looking forward to reading what the future holds with the fates of the fallen four. Thank you.

*On a side note, was watching Machete Kills on TV last night and surprisingly coincidental to your near-opening scene where two parallel Characters of no obvious sight were blindly navigating and establishing oriented positioning engaged in a duel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kered

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58736

• Kered
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 117
Well I got more to share but as it's Friday here and I am without any amenities at home and having trouble getting to work where I do have the net we are having lots of rain in Texas right now I'll show a pic of my front yard to let you see the river broke bank and well you can guess ill put up next part at break

The force is strong in this one.but the dark side is always there
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: insert image

The Gray truth 1 year 3 weeks ago #58743

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch8 pt1

As Trux awoke, sharp pain ran though her as she sat upright. Looking around she seen she was in a small room. There was nothing aside from the cot she sat on. Reaching down the young padawan noticed the absence of a lightsaber on her belt.
"This is not good." she thought
Starting to stand the door opened, in walked lien stopping just in side the door
"You no longer have to stay with the Jedi, it was never my intention for the council to let another train you. The plan went wrong almost immediately." Said lien
"So you killed my master, took me to the Jedi, now I'll be free to go?"Trux asked
"Not free to go no you will stay with me. I will train you, I'm sorry you had to be thrown around like you have." Lien turned his head slightly, hearing something, then went on. "Now young one are you ready Master Pracin is waiting?"
"Very well." Trux lowed her head nodding and stepping forward. Lien turned walking in to the hall. He stopped, turning back to Trux.
Reaching In to his robe he pulled her saber, for only a second Trux could see three others, the sabers lay loosely in a bag at his waist.
"Do not make me regret giving this back to you. A true sith knows who is the enemy, the Jedi are the evil that have brought the Galaxy to this, planet by planet, war after war. Master Pracin will bring peace to all." Lien walked up to a lift pressing a button to the right of the door.
Trux watched him wondering why this kept happening maybe she would be better off alone. Then aloud "no you will not regret it traitor." Pulling her saber she reached inside throwing lien against the wall. She stopped he didn't even try to stop her, something was not right. Lien gathered his feet below him and stood facing her.
Her saber ignited lighting the hall in a yellow light, stepping back she brought it to bear swinging wide as liens saber came up stopping hers cold in its track bouncing it back.
Trux flipped back raised her saber swinging in fury pushing back the Jedi trader. With quickness she had not seen coming he kicked her hard in he mid section, but failed to knock her down.
Lien came down with a blow hitting Trux lightly across her metal arm sparks flew but did not disable it.
Trux ran at him lightsabers meeting in explosion of sparks and light. Trux took her metal forearm swinging it with all she had, it met lien on the chin knocking him down.
Trux waited he did not move she let her saber turn off as she walked closer, shocked that the blow had knocked him out. She reached down grabbing the other sabers from liens waist.
She then pulled the sith into her cell. As Trux walked out she destroyed the keypad, and started the look for Herak and the others.
Stopping just up the hall she could sense someone coming, she went around a corner, opened a door and went inside.
Closing the door she pressed her ear to the door hearing footfalls pass. From behind she heard a a voice. "Well young one it seems you have saved me again" she turned quickly to see Herak sitting crossed legged on the floor. "How'd you get feel Trux." Asking as he stood.
"Lien came to collect me, I believe he thought I would just go with him." She grinned slightly "he was mistaken, I caught him with my arm knocking him unconscious. I got very lucky." Lifting her metal arm then letting it drop back down.
Herak smiled "all we need now is our lightsabers along with Racq and Zurich then maybe we can escape."
"Oh master I got those too." She held up the bag of sabers. Trux then pulled his free handing it back to him.
"You make me wonder, who's the master." Herak grabbing his saber opened the door looking both ways then turned back to Trux "very good young one lets go get our friends."
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Kered.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, OvrcAHst

The Gray truth 1 year 2 weeks ago #58788

• OvrcAHst
Kered, firstly, that new outdoor pool is an unwelcome sight! I am sympathetic to your circumstances as Mother Earth weakened of her bank unleashed by the devastation of Father Sky. I've personally had water problems of either burst public mains causing flooding, compromised roof allowing water penetration and ineffective fall grades causing rushing water to enter the home. Is the house you occupy up on supports or built on a concrete slab? As wet as it is outside I hope your feet remain dry when you are inside.

I am following Gray Truth with great interest and the Character development that exists between Herak and Trux. I was washed with compassion reading Trux and her choices with remaining loyal versus picking the easy path for independent survival. Demonstrated first in Ch4 Pt2 during the surprise attack after forging her new Saber and again here with seizing the opportunity by overcoming Lien. A great story is being told here and it only raises my levels of excitement with reading the interactions between Master and Padawan. Thank You.

The new objective that is the rescue mission begins. Will Lien be successfully contained? What is the fate of Racq and Zurich? What will be the outcome of the infiltration turned escape? Looking forward to Ch8 Pt2. Well Done!

The Gray truth 1 year 2 weeks ago #59393

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
So glad to get caught up on this! Solid new chapter, Kered! I love a good escape.

The Gray truth 1 year 22 hours ago #60930

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch 8 pt2

Trux followed closely to Herak, watching behind as much as she watched forward. As they crept though the massive destroyer, diving in and out of rooms for cover.
They made their way down a level searching for the companions they had lost. Trux stopped suddenly turning on heel she went to a locked door, "here master I can feel them this way." Herak turned and walked back to his young padawan.
"Well let's get them." Herak pulled his saber igniting it and swiping it across the key pad. The door opened. Zurich sat tied to a bench back to the floor. She was bruised and slumped over. Herak kneeling down beside her as he untied her hands, "where is Racq? We must hurry Pracin will know we are free any moment." Zurich turned her head away looking towards the wall.
"They separated us before I awoke, I don't know where he is, I'm sorry." She said softly.
"It's ok come we must go." Herak pulled her to her feet and the three walked back in to the hall.
"Any idea where he might be." Herak asked a nod came in reply
"We will find him follow me."
Trux stayed close behind a feeling that this might be too easy kept her alert. She looked in doors, down passage ways seeing nothing.
"Jedi, I think he is this way." Herak turned to see her pointing down a darkened hall. "Very well young one lead the way."
Trux came to a stop in front of a door ten feet tall and just as wide. She looked over the keypad pulled her saber, an arm came and stopped her just before she ignited it.
"What?"she asked shaking Herak's hand away. Then she saw why he stopped her. At the other end of the hall stood Lien glaring, made all the more impressive with the lack of eyes.
"He's not raised an alarm." Zurich whispered "maybe we can take him before more find out." as if on cue sirens rang though the ship, lights flashed and lightsabers ignited.
"Get this door open, NOW." Herak screamed as he ran forward to meet the enemy.
Trux watched dumb struck "Herak is very brave, or very stupid." She thought to herself before turning her attention to the locked door.
As she fussed with the wires Zurich leaned in close "we are in trouble." She said her shaking seen though her clothes.
"No we will make it." Turning she saw Herak and Lien going blow for blow sabers arced and sparked.
She brought herself back to the task at hand after a moment more the door slid open.
"Master it's open." Trux yelled then saw a sharpe kick to the mid section of lien knocking him down. Herak turned and ran to the door, going though and sealing it behind them.
"Ok look for a way out." He said as he turned seeing they were in a small launch bay. "Well that's luck if there ever was any." He finished
"We can't go what about Racq." Zurich exclaimed.
Herak turning to face her, then grabbed her shoulders "I will get him back I swear it. But now we have to go now."
From not far off Trux called "master let's take this one." Pointing to a mid sized recon craft. With its two large wings pointing up and a thin body it looked fast.
"Perfect, let's go before they get that door open." Said Herak.
The three loaded up, Herak turned the ship to the bay doors and fired. "Hold on we are going to light speed from here." He pushed the lever as the ship lurched forward free of the destroyer.
"We better go back for Racq.I'll hold you to your promise Herak" Zurich said then left the small cockpit.

The Gray truth 1 year 21 hours ago #60932

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Way to raise the stakes, Kered. Great read!

The Gray truth 1 year 14 hours ago #60952

• OvrcAHst
Great to see your return Kered after a lengthy absence and with doing so delivery another share of Gray Truth. Something does seem strange in that the escape and rescue attempt appears all too easy. Saddening to read that Racq has been left behind and the unknown remains with his fate. Thank you for another fine entry and here's to hoping the next shan't be as far between from the last.

The Gray truth 11 months 3 hours ago #63525

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch9 pt1

Herak stood in front of master dolt Co'cre, the tall Jedi looked down on him with a cold stare that gripped Herak from deep inside.
Herak would sit and take his punishment like any Jedi would, not only had they been captured but only three escaped.
At every raised voice Herak flinched a bit knowing he was responsible for not saving Racq.
And for not capturing lien, Herak brought his attention back to the council. Master dolt Co'cre had asked him a question.
"Forgive me master what was that?" Herak asked
It was the young green Jedi who spoke in riddles who repeated the question. "What to be done with you, are you still a Jedi? Do you not fight for good?"
"Of course I do master, I only had one option that was to get the others off the destroyer." Herak pleaded
"Then a mission incomplete it is another you need to save yes?"he asked Yoda the newest master one Herak never met before he went into exile. The green of his skin and small stature made him look almost cuddly but as all Jedi knew looks can lie as much as words. Herak didn't really know him but master Co'cre did and seemed to take all he said in, he really seemed to trust this yoda.
It was then the other in room who spoke "I can help him, if the masters will be kind enough." Zurich said quite but loud enough to be spoken.
Master Dolt Co'cre answered "knight Herak has a padawan, does he not." He cut her off before she could speak "and Herak almost lost that one. She lost part of her arm and he lost Racq Kenobi why would we trust him with two young ones?"
Zurich stood tall and walked forward to stand next to Herak "I'm not a young one I'm only here for my husband I could care less about your rules. Me, Herak and trux plus the other Jedi you can spare will track down this destroyer beat back the sith, and free Racq." She finished just as positive as when she began but no member of the council moved they just stared at her.
Then very lightly master Co'cre chuckled . " very well we can spare a few more Jedi. Herak the council will put you in charge of 1000 jedi, 700 small fighters and two destroyer type ships we have been building in secret." Before Herak could say a word all the members of the council stood.
The young yoda went on "with this the Jedi begin the push back, the sith will not win the battles to come."
Master dolt Co'cre stepped forward put a hand in Herak's shoulder "we wish to give you one more thing before you go. since this started the push back we have been building the new temple, we also need masters to fill the sits of the council we have picked you as our last member." After the words were out of his mouth, the two masters walked out of the room yoda turned back to say "may the force be with you master Herak."
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

The Gray truth 10 months 4 weeks ago #63543

• OvrcAHst
Great to see the Writing continue Kered. Here's hoping these next few Weeks you mentioned you have off will serve you well. An interesting follow on with the included reference of a recognisable cuddly Green character. As protocol dictates, Herak must endure the monotony of a Mission's debrief however with read excitement, leading a team of 1000 Jedi as they 'bring-it' to the Sith sounds inspiring. A Promotion be had, no longer a face before Council seeking counsel but now with a New Temple, sitting amongst fellow greatness at the big-kids table. :P Thank you for this additional Chapter. This next rescue with aided backup is going to be awesome!

The Gray truth 10 months 4 weeks ago #63554

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Really interesting interaction with the council. Really looking forward to seeing 1000 Jedi brought to bear.

The Gray truth 10 months 4 weeks ago #63566

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 38
I just read the story so-far from the beginning, and very much enjoyed it. I'll look forward to each new chapter.
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force

The Gray truth 10 months 4 weeks ago #63577

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Thanks guys means a lot it's still worth reading
Roger thanks for joining in glad you liked it more will follow and another story with Herak and the rest after hopefully I've finished this one which is close thanks again
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Kered.

The Gray truth 9 months 3 weeks ago #65982

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch9 pt2

Trux stood tall next to her master, Herak was a good man, and a powerful Jedi. She was still in awe of the amount of Jedi the council had put under Herak's command.
She looked around the bridge of the new destroyer seeing the buzz of activity. To her left stood Herak, to his left stood Zurich, with a look of pain in her face. Trux could not blame her not only had her husband been left while they fled, now she would not know if he was alive at all.
Trux turned to her right two crewmen were ducked down at a screen, one looking pale and the other searching the room.
Loudly she spoke over the noise. "What seems to be the problem crewmen?" The pale man turned some what unsure if he should say, "well ma'am we have found the area where you escaped from but no ships in the area." He stuttered slightly and went in. "But just a days flight from here on a outer planet we have detected the sith armada."
Herak stepped past Trux taking command. "How many ships do you detect?"
"Seven destroyers sir, the smaller fighters are still to far off to get a proper read."the man turned back to his post.
Nodding Herak turned to Trux and Zurich. "Ok so I have a plan but no one is gong to like it."
Zurich shook her head "it doesn't matter if we like it, will we win?"
"Oh we will win, master Herak knows how to beat a sith." Trux poked in.
Herak turned to them so no others might hear "I'm leaving in a small fighter. I think I can get Racq off the sith destroyer before the battle begins."
The objections started at once.
"You can't master.....
"You can't do it alone....
Raising his hand he brought silence to the small group.
"I must try if only to get more info on the sith armada. I'll go in black one hard burst from the engines and float all the way." Herak turned back to the bridge. "We can't let the Jedi fail in this mission. It's our duty to fight back with everything we have. Well Racq is my brother in arms and I left him behind, so I will go get him." Finishing he lowered his head. " Trux you and Zurich will command the fleet." Without a chance for argument he went on.
"Give me one day then you attack with all you have every ship every Jedi at our disposal. This will decide the way of the galaxy for hundreds of years to come. You must fight with all you have my young padawan." He reached down pulling Trux's eyes to face his own. "You have done very well, and I will always be with you. Now is the time young one." With that she smiled remembering the first time he had said those words.
With a smile and a tear Trux nodded "you got it Jedi, we will win you just have to do your part."
Herak turned then and walked toward the lift. Trux knew she might never see him again, she shook her head thinking "that Jedi is to stubborn to die he will be back" then with The doors closing Herak was gone. Trux turned to the bridge crew speaking loudly. "Ok guys and girls 24 hours from now the war comes to a close." Trux then turned and saw Zurich not looking all to confident.

The Gray truth 9 months 3 weeks ago #66052

• OvrcAHst
Good to see you back Mate. Apparently it takes about 5Weeks to assemble 1000+ Jedi to Unleash some Fury. :P

The Gray truth 9 months 3 weeks ago #66063

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Building up to an awesome confrontation!

The Gray truth 9 months 3 weeks ago #66080

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 38
I think this about sums it up:
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force

The Gray truth 6 months 1 week ago #70110

• Kered
  • Elite Member
Ch 10 pt1

As Herak sat in darkness, slowly drifting towards the sith armada, he thought back on the last few years he had spent with lien,To the day he went into exile. Was he with the sith even then, he thought
Herak knew this would be a fight, many would die, but he was ready. He remembered back to the day he became liens padawan.
The Jedi stroud into the temple looking from group to group of young ones training. He watched as Herak was struck down by another. Lien picked him up dusted off his tunic and said "not to worry young one, how about you come with me and I'll show you how the ways of the force can keep you from being knocked down." It was the happiest day of his life.
Herak, so young, was in awe of the older Jedi, he nodded as lien turn with Herak's hand in his own, leading him out the door.
Herak shook his head to forget. Now was not time to remember now was the time for planning the battle to come.
It started as a speck far in the distance, the armada still masked in the glow of the planet. As he drifted closer he could began to make out the shapes of the destroyers, in shock Herak saw the dozens of smaller class ships, ready to bear down on the people of the planet. He lifted flaps to slow his speed, tilted his joystick up as the ship slowed.
Herak flipping switches as he turned the tiny one man fighter back to power, hoping the destroyer would mask his signal.
Weaving in and out staying close to the belly of the huge ship. Herak began to put on his atmosphere generator, a difficult task in the small cockpit.
The vacuum pulled the air out as he lifted open the blast window, he grabbed the lever above. Jedi reflexes had him in the ship within seconds.
"Now tell me padawan why did you think this would work I showed you that particular trick." Herak looked up seeing lien grinning at him.
Stepping back Herak pulled his saber the green ignited from the hilt yellow spitting the damned of the hall.
Twisting the hilt bringing it to bare,as he lifted it. "Let's finish this traitor."

Sorry it's been awhile and be been writing another Adventure when I have time but I'll be writing the last bit of this hope you enjoy

The Gray truth 6 months 1 week ago #70122

• OvrcAHst
The Great battle of Ten Hundred rages on! Great to see your return and wearing the Writers Cap again. The absence has been long but backtracking a few Chapters & Parts caught up the revisit. ;)

The Gray truth 6 months 1 week ago #70124

• Kered
  • Elite Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
The Great battle of Ten Hundred rages on! Great to see your return and wearing the Writers Cap again. The absence has been long but backtracking a few Chapters & Parts caught up the revisit. ;)
Thanks for popping back in sorry it was so long hoping for a better pace from now on more Jedi fun to follow
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0