Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ...In An Alternate History

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64735

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 38
So I'm working on an Alternate Timeline for alternatehistory.com; the complete timeline is nowhere near finished, but that universe's version of Star Wars is so I thought people here might be interested.

The first question I had was "What if Lucas really had planned out the entire story, at least in broad strokes, from the beginning?" The second question was "Well, what if he produced all six more-or-less concurrently, filmed them back-to-back, and just to make sure the casts were still available used TV series to fill in the story gaps between films?"

This alternate Star Wars is my answer to those questions.

Before anyone brings up how absurdly expensive the TV series would be, I'm using Hollywood's 'creative accounting' against it. Each season shows up on the books as three high-budget TV movies, made easier by extensive re-use of props, costumes, and set pieces from the films.

Also, seeing as this is an alternate timeline, I feel the need to point out that casting is one of the most variable things in filmmaking. Combine that with George's desire for a cast of mostly unknowns and things are going to change. Basically Lucas was able to convince a different studio from Fox to back the project, so they launched a nationwide casting call to find untapped potential in theatre groups and acting schools, as well as the usual places in southern California.

Since the entire Saga is meant to be filmed in close proximity Lucas decided to deliberately cast young for certain characters, to avoid having to cast two actors for the same character.

*Braces for the re-cast backlash* :pinch:

Now then, despite going along with the project (mostly due to the support of one executive who saw the potential) the studio was less than convinced that it would be successful. For that reason it was decided that the releases would be staggered, with "Episode 4" being the first to be filmed and released by virtue of its being the most self-contained of the six. To avoid confusing people for as long as possible the number was dropped from the title, and the film was released as Star Wars: A New Hope.

The film was an unprecedented success, and the rest of the saga was quickly greenlit, along with the TV series.

Starting in my next post I'll show you what I have so far for feedback, but for now I'll leave you with The Big Picture.

Release Order:
Star Wars: A New Hope [later Episode IV: A New Hope] (Summer 1977)

Star Wars [TV series] (1978-1982)

Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Summer 1980)

Star Wars: Phantoms [TV series] (1980-1983)

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Summer 1982)

Star Wars: Rebellion [TV series] (1982-1985)

Episode II: Send In the Clones (Summer 1984)

Star Wars: The Clone War [TV series] (1984-1989)

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (Summer 1986)

Star Wars: New Republic [TV series] (1986-1996)

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Summer 1989)

Star Wars: The Dark Times [TV series] (1989-1996)

Episode VII: Heir to the Empire (Holiday 1996)

Episode VIII: Dark Force Rising (Holiday 1998)

Episode IX: The Last Command (Holiday 2000)

Star Wars: New Jedi Order [TV series] (2001-2007)
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Roger Redux.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64745

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
Alright, here we go:

{Just as a side note, anything that seems repetitive or out of place is probably a note to myself that I missed when I moved it here. Aside from the cast, the film itself isn't too different from the one we know. Most of the changes come from the different performances. As such, this is pretty much just an outline.} :whistle:

Star Wars: A New Hope (Summer 1977)
Written & Directed by George Lucas
Produced by Gary Kurtz
Starring:
-Emilio Estevez as Luke Skywalker
-Ally Sheedy as Princess Leia Organa
-Patrick Swayze as Han Solo
-Ian McKellen as Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin
-Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
-Kurt Russell as Owen Lars
-Carrie Fischer as Beru Whitesun-Lars
-Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
-Kenny Baker as R2-D2
-Mark Hamill as Biggs Darklighter (Red 3)
-Garrick Hagon as Wedge Antilles (Rogue Leader)
-Scott Glenn as Red Leader
-Christopher Malcolm as Zev Senesca (Rogue 2)
-Colin Higgins as 'Red 6'
and Featuring:
-Christopher Lee as Darth Vader

{In This Time Line the film always has the subtitle, the first teaser poster made it look like a partial tagline, later posters corrected that; in its first theatrical re-release after Episode I it's re-labeled Episode IV: A New Hope. One of the first films to lack opening credits, it cold opens to a title card bearing the franchise's actual tagline followed by the logo and a 'Republic serial' style text crawl accompanied by the opening theme.}

As the text crawl recedes we pan down to see the Tantive IV being interdicted, captured, and boarded by an Imperial star destroyer; the airlock being breached by stormtroopers of the 501st Legion, under the personal command of Darth Vader. Vader is trying to recover the stolen Death Star plans from Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, but she's already hidden them in her astromech droid R2-D2, who's dropped down to the surface of Tatooine (the planet they're orbiting) in an escape pod with C-3PO, a protocol droid.
-
As Leia is taken into custody, we cut to the surface of Tatooine - the droids argue, they split up, get captured by Jawas, and sold to moisture farmers Owen & Beru Lars and their nephew Luke Skywalker; Owen sends Luke home to start cleaning the droids, he stumbles on the message fragment, R2 says he's looking for Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke leaves R2 to 3PO while he goes inside for lunch, Owen sends Luke out to Toshii Station to pick up some power converters.
-
Stormtroopers [Scouttroopers? Sand/Scarabtroopers?] are searching around the droids' escape pod looking for the Death Star plans, "Look sir, droids!" {No Dewbacks, they use speeder bikes}
-
Luke runs into his old friend Biggs Darklighter at Toshii Station, they talk about the war/the Empire, Biggs tells Luke that he's defecting to the Rebellion & invites him to come with him, Luke returns home just before dusk to find that R2's gone, it's too dangerous to go after him at night so they have to wait until morning.
-
Vader interogates Leia.
-
Luke & 3PO are chasing R2, they catch up to him just in time to get ambushed by Sandpeople and saved by Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi (who does recognize R2), he takes them all back to his place, gives Luke his father's lightsaber & plays Leia's message in full, tells Luke that he needs him to come to Alderaan with him, Luke refuses but offers him a ride,...dead Jawas, ...dead family, Luke decides to go after all and learn The Force & be a Jedi.
-
On the Death Star: the station's commander, Grand Moff Wilhuf Tarkin, is giving a briefing to his senior officers when Darth Vader walks in and informs them that The Emperor has dissolved the Imperial Senate; the briefing continues, "I find your lack of faith...disturbing.".
-
Mos Eisley Spaceport, 'no droids allowed', Obi-Wan cuts a guy's arm off, they meet Han Solo & Chewbacca, negotiate a price, and leave to get the cash.
-
Tarkin and Vader discuss Leia's resistance to the 'Mind Probe', Tarkin orders the Death Star to Alderaan.
-
Mos Eisley Cantina/Han & Greedo {Han shot. PERIOD.}; R2 & 3PO are hiding in a storage locker from stormtroopers; Han walks outside to talk with Jabba the Hutt, Luke & Obi-Wan are selling Luke's speeder before collecting the droids and heading to the hanger; the Millennium Falcon, they narrowly escape from the Empire into hyperspace.
-
The Death Star arrives at Alderaan and destroys it.
-
Obi-Wan feels the Death of Alderaan through The Force, Luke nearly faints from the pain (he definitely felt it), after Han's "hokey religions" comment Luke responds that the pain was certainly real enough, Han asks him if he's ever been in hyperspace before, Luke says he's never even been off-world before, Han asks if it was a stabbing/shooting headache backed with a gut-punch queazy-ness, yes, hypersickness Han says, Obi-Wan brings up their escape, Han says luck & skill, Obi-Wan says he doesn't believe in luck.
-
{I feel like there's a scene missing that should go here, but I can't remember or think of one.}
-
The Falcon comes out of hyperspace only to find a rockstorm where Alderaan should be, TIE-fighter, "That's no moon, it's a space station.", tractor beam, capture.
-
Tarkin & Vader find out that the Rebellion left Dantooine some time ago, and are informed of the Falcon's capture.
-
Hiding in smuggler holds, sneaking onto the Death Star in "borrowed" stormtrooper armor, disable the tractor beam/find & free the Princess.
-
"I sense a presence..."
-
detention block scene 1
-
"HE is here."
-
detention block scene 2/"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"
-
Obi-Wan disables the tractor beam
-
garbage compactor
-
Vader stalking the corridors
-
regroup/"big walking carpet"
-
Obi-Wan & Vader face-to-face
-
running firefight 1
-
Vader & Obi 2
-
running firefight 2
-
Vader & Obi 3: DUEL!
-
in the hanger, Vader & Obi duel 2, "BEN?!", Vader strikes down Obi-Wan, fighting their way out/Falcon vs. TIE fighters, Rebel Base
-
tracked them/"Set course for Yavin IV"
-
Luke re-unites with Biggs on Yavin, the Death Star's one weakness, Rebels vs. Death Star, trench run, BOOM!
-
medals, end credits.

[Hire a linguist to create a fully fleshed out Huttese language? Modified Esperanto as 'Galactic Basic'? the Bith cantina band is the Modal Nodes, their music is called 'Jinke'. (jazz+i+funk)]
Red 6 now takes Biggs' place on the casualty list (Biggs lives, 'fake Wedge' dies)

{Deliberately cast young so as to avoid having to cast two actors to play the same character. Ian McKellen, Kurt Russell, and Carrie Fischer are wearing old-age/weathering make-up in this film, which will be absent in the prequels.
Having just come off an extended tenure as James Bond (in this universe), Christopher Lee enjoyed the change of pace playing a villain again, though it was the character's revelation as a tragic/fallen hero that convinced him to stay for the rest of the franchise.
Darth Vader's mask looks a bit more like the original McQuarre sketches/the Rebels design.
(Subtitle R2 & Chewie? at least as an option on the home video releases?)
Also featuring extensive work by Jim Henson and his Creature Shop, Jabba's always a slug (Han walks in front of him and not over his tail!).
The SIZE of the ships will be taken into consideration when building the sets/models.
Obi-Wan recognizes R2.
All signage, markings, and control panels are written in Aurebesh (and Huttese) from the start (though the more prominent Aurabesh signage is also written in modified Esperanto, implying that to be Galactic Basic).}

Marketing Tie-ins:
Star Wars: Cantina Band - The Best of The Modal Nodes. A full album by the Modal Nodes (Composed by John & Joseph Williams; Arranged by Joseph Williams & Jackson Berkey; Performed by Joseph Williams & Toto ft. Jackson Berkey and Lady Flash; includes the song "If Only I Could Break Down and Cry")

Star Wars: The Music of The Empire. An album of patriotic Imperial music, including the first appearance of the Imperial March (Composed by John Williams)

Star Wars: Requiem for Alderaan. A full symphony by John Williams.

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64804

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
I keep forgetting to add a notation that Chewbacca gets a medal in this version of ANH. Consider this the note for this posting, I've now updated my actual file as well.

Alright, one more before bed.

Star Wars [TV series] (1978-1983)
Executive Produced by George Lucas
Writing staff includes (but is not limited to): George Lucas, Marcia Lucas, and Alan Dean Foster
Starring:
-Ian McKellen as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force ghost only - sporadic)
-Kenny Baker as R2-D2
-Mark Hamill as Biggs Darklighter (Red 3/Leader)
-Scott Glenn as Red Leader (dies toward the end of season 1)
and Featuring:
-Al Lampert as Commander Dein Jir
-Malcolm McDowell as Boba Fett
-Bea Arthur as Ackmena
-Miiko Taka as a Pilot (Rebel or TIE - TBD)
-Ahna Capri as a Stormtrooper

Bridges 'New Hope' with 'Empire Strikes Back' and replaces/negates the ill-conceived "Holiday Special".
Introduces Boba Fett (a.k.a. "That Bounty Hunter on Ord Mantell")

Picks up where the film left off, with our heroes leaving the medal ceremony and helping to pack up the Yavin IV base for evacuation. Shows Leia becoming obviously conflicted over her feelings for Luke and Han, which continues into tESB. {Even if Lucas always intended them to be siblings - THEY don't know that yet.}

About 5 episodes per season are 'Tales From the Mos Eisley Cantina' as a mini/sub-series, (20 episodes total) and are released separately on videodisc as such. {Bea Arthur's character was about the only part of the Holiday Special I actually liked, so she can stay.}

Cmdr. Dein Jir is a recurring character now, he's the commander of the 501st directly under Vader. {He was never named in the movie (it comes from the former EU), but remember that one guy in the beginning of ANH wearing a black uniform, that Vader was talking to? The only one who dared question him to his face and lived? "Holding her is dangerous; if word gets out it could generate sympathy for the rebellion in the Senate." "She'll die before she tells you anything!" Yeah, him. Cmdr. Jir a.k.a. "New Rex" :P }

Rogue Squadron is created early in season 2 with Wedge as Rogue Leader and Zev as Rogue 2.
Biggs is promoted to Red Leader.
Some of the older Rebels remember the Jedi in general fondly, Anakin Skywalker in particular. The Rebels don't move into Echo Base on Hoth until late season 3/early season 4.

All of season 5 is a dedicated 'Tales of the Bounty Hunters' series, and released as such on videodisc.

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64844

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
And now, the time has come: EPISODE I {Redux}
This one is more in depth (the 'prequels' will be, due to being more different).
***The marked section is a spoiler for the smuggler storyline in SWTOR, used as a lore reference.***

Release Date: Summer 1980
Story by George & Marcia Lucas
Screenplay by George Lucas, Marcia Lucas, & Alan Dean Foster
Directed by Terrence Young
Starring:
-Toshiro Mifune as Qui-Gon Jinn
-Ian McDairmid as Senator/Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious*
-Sonny Chiba as Darth Grievous
Introducing:
-Charlie Sheen as Anakin Skywalker
-Lea Thompson as Queen Padmé Amidala
and Featuring:
-John Woodvine as Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum
-David Rappaport as Yoda
-Garrett Morris as Mace Windu
-Pam Greer as Shaak Ti
-James Earl Jones as Plo-Koon
-Alec Guinness as Ki-Adi-Mundi
-Robert Townsend as Kit Fisto
-Etsuko Shiomi as Aayla Secura
-? as Darth Sidious*

*The actual credits have Sidious listed seperately, to preserve the suspense of his identity.

{Quick aside: the Gungans do not exist, so no Jar-Jar.}

The Jedi's ship drops out of hyperspace and is immediately fired upon by the Trade Federation Blockade, Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan land on the surface of Naboo in escape pods; the Jedi rescue Queen Amidala and her handmaidens, firefight to the hanger, and run the blockade again trying to get the Queen to Coruscant. The blockade royally messed up the ship, the hyperdrive is heavily damaged, and they're forced to land somewhere for repairs; the only remotely safe place they can get to is the planet Tatooine.
The Queen's ship drops out of hyperspace with clear damage to its port engine pod (it's smoking & trailing plasma). A close-up shows four astromech droids patching the hull, a blue-&-white droid shuts down the plasma leak in the engine pod before following the others inside.
Inside the ship they say the blue droid probably saved the ship (and of course it's R2-D2), and they debate landing spots.

The ship lands in middle of a desert; Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Padmé Naberrie (one of the Queen's handmaidens who insisted on tagging along over Qui-Gon's objections), set out on foot with R2 for the nearest settlement (Mos Espa) to obtain repair components.
When Padmé asks Qui-Gon if he has any idea where he's going, he responds that "The Force will guide [their] path."; an answer that she's visibly less-than-thrilled with.

Inside Mos Espa proper Qui-Gon heads almost directly to Watto's shop. {Seeming almost drawn there, by supernatural instinct.} Watto {who now looks like Capt. Tapos Tarples (because the Gungans don't exist)} greets them immediately; their entire conversation takes place inside the shop, with the distinct sounds of an engine failing to start coming from outside.

Also this:
-Qui-Gon: (frowning slightly) "Credits will do fine."
-Watto: (insistant, then indignant) "No, they won't. Whaddayu think you are, somkinduva Jedi or something? Wavin' your hand around like that? I'mma not some stupid street thug, or spoiled rich brat; mind tricks don'a work on me, only money. No money, no parts, no deal."

This exchange is immediately followed by that engine outside finally turning over...for about a second and a half, before ending in a small explosion.
This is followed by a less small explosion of Huttese profanity, the source of which walks in fuming (and still swearing){The subtitles say: "Translation Withheld"}, straight to the bar behind the counter, and drinking half of a tall glass of blue milk in one draught: Anakin Skywalker, Age: 15.

-Anakin: (in Huttese) ""
-Watto: "Inn'a Basic boy, we have customers."
-Anakin: (just now noticing the others) (half hearted) "Oh! Welcome to Watto's 'lightly used' spare parts, if you need it we pob'ly got it." (back to Watto): "Do you have any idea what this is? (he holds up what looks like a 1940s/50s style radio vacuum tube) 'Cuz I pulled twelve of these out of that sack'a pu'duu's status terminal."
R2 grabs it with one of his pincer arms, scans it, and hands it back while beeping a response.
-R2: (in Droidspeak)
-Anakin: "Why does that not even surprise me?"
-Padmé: "What did you say you pulled that out of?"
-Anakin: (truly noticing her for the first time) "Hel-lo, and here I thought 'Angels' were just some old spacer myth."
-Padmé: (not falling for it) "Aw, that's sweet, and I'll just bet you say that to every off-world fem that walks in here."
-Anakin: (can't blame a guy for trying) "Maybe, doesn't mean you aren't beautiful. As for your question: my 'illustrious' Master here, 'won' a podracer -or more truthfully about three-quarters of one cobbled together out of third-rate swoop bike parts and this (holds up the tube)- in a sabacc game, and stubbornly refuses to admit that he got swindled. I did finally get him to see that it would never be raceworthy as a podracer, so I've been tasked to part it and rebuild it as a raceworthy swoop bike. I was pleasantly surprised to find that one of the engines was actually up to the task, if I can actually get it to run."
-Watto: "I hav'a nothing but'a faith in you my boy; I'mma sure you'll have her ready for'a Boonta Eve."
-Anakin: (spit-take) "Boonta Ev...that's two days from now!! That 'bike' needs at least two more weeks worth of work to even stand a chance!"
-Watto: "You keep'a telling me it's a sack of'a pu'duu, now it's'a suddenly two weeks from'a having a chance against Sebulbaa?!"
-Anakin: "No, at least two weeks from having a chance of finishing the race in one piece! And the hope that maybe Sebulbaa wouldn't be in the race I ended up racing, in two to three weeks."
-Obi-Wan: "Who's this Sebulbaa?"
-Anakin: "Oh, he's just a filthy, karking, scum-sucking, slei'mo who only wins 'cuz he cheats."
-Watto: "Sebulbaa is'a the current reigning champion of'a the professional swoop bike and'a podracing circuits in the Outer Rim'a Territories."
-Anakin: (muttering loudly) "Professional cheater."
-Watto: (continuing as if Anakin hadn't spoken) "Not that Anakin here isn't good, but eh Sebulbaa always wins."
-Anakin: (muttering loudly) "Because he cheats."
-Obi-Wan: "I don't understand, if he's a cheater wouldn't he have been punished?"
-Anakin: "Yeah, if it were anyone else he'd've been dismembered and disintegrated by now; but Sebulbaa does business with the Hutt Cartel, and is very popular with them; so as long as he doesn't do anything blatantly illegal on camera, he gets away with it. That's how everything works here, laws and rules exist only at the pleasure/convenience of the Hutts. Why do you think I have to wear this in public?" (he gestures at the thing around his neck)
-Padmé: "What is that?"
-Qui-Gon: "It's a shock collar, the kind used to show ownership."
-Obi-Wan: "Ownership? You mean slavery?"
-Padmé: "Slavery?! But...I thought that had been abolished aeons ago! The Republic's..." (interrupted by Anakin's burst of laughter)
-Anakin: " Wow 'Space Angel', you really aren't from around here are you? Ok, maybe you didn't catch it the first time, so let me spell it out for you. On this planet, the Hutts make the laws; the Republic has no authority here, the Republic may as well not even exist here. The only laws are the Hutts' laws, and they're about as likely to outlaw slavery as I am to walk out that door and freeze to death. Get the picture?"
-Padmé: "Yeah, I get it. I'm sorry."
-Anakin: "Don't be. It's far from ideal, but I've met some very interesting people, a few of whom have paid surprisingly well for a few hours of my..uh...company."
-Padmé:
-Obi-Wan:
-Qui-Gon:
-Padmé: (changing the subject) "So, 'Annikan' was it?"
-Anakin: "Yes, it was, Anakin Skywalker.
-Padmé: "Padmé Naberrie, handmaiden to the Queen of Naboo."
-Anakin: " 'Handmaiden'? That's a new one."
-Padmé: "And what is that supposed to mean?"
-Anakin: "It's a pleasure to meet you; were you going to ask me something?"
-Padmé: "I was going to ask if you're good at swoop racing?"
-Anakin: "Let me put it this way, I've finished every race except four: my first race the bike karked out on me, since then I've learned all about swoop bikes & I check them out before every race, so that's never happened again; the other three, Sebulbaa. I think he has it out for me, don't know if it's because I'm Human, or because I'm a slave, or both, but he definitely hates me."

Qui-Gon has been studying Anakin since he walked in, Obi-Wan starting not too long after that; they both sense Anakin's strong affinity for The Force, though it took Obi-Wan a minute longer to pinpoint Anakin as the source of what he sensed.

-Anakin: "Sandstorm. Wherever you guys are staying, you'd better get back there, quickly."
-Padmé: "We're staying on our ship, about 80 kliks outside of town."
-Anakin: "Well that's out in the middle of karking nowhere; you'll never make it there before the storm hits, and believe me, you do not want to get caught in it. You can take shelter with me, if you don't mind slave's quarters."
-Qui-Gon: "That will more than fine, you are generous to offer, thank you."
-Padmé: "Yes, thank you."
-Watto: "Don't'a forget, you have an appointment with'a Kolmaera'a Dreyan in three hours."
-Anakin: "Oh! That's today? Yeah thanks for reminding me! I hope the storm blows over by then."
-Watto: "She's a'sending a speeder to pick you up."
-Anakin: "Ah! Well alright then. I should have plenty of time to clean up before Mistress Dreyan requires me."
-Watto: "She's'a paying double this time, make sure she gets her money's worth."
-Anakin: "I always do."
-Padmé: "Ok, I'm sorry, how old are you?!"
-Anakin: "I'm a slave Space Angel, I haven't been a virgin in a long time."
-Padmé:
-Anakin: "We'd better go if we're going to beat the storm."
-Watto: "Oh! I have'a your 'pay' for you here!"
-Anakin: (catches the pouch that Watto tossed at him) "Thanks Watto!"

They leave the shop, and Anakin leads them to the slave quarters. The slave quarters are structured like dormitories, Anakin shares his dorm with eight other slaves, a couple of the fems stare daggers at Padmé.
Anakin pulls the coin pouch out of his pocket, puts it on the table, and reaches up to take his collar off.

-Qui-Gon: "Forgive my ignorance, but I've never heard of a slave being paid."
-Anakin: "Well, he calls it that but really it's my allotment of petty cash for quarterly expenses."

He drops his collar onto the table, empties the coin pouch next to it, and begins counting the money into nine piles.

-Anakin: "I give him a hard time for the sake of appearances, but truth be told, Watto's one of the good ones. I've been owned by masters less generous and far more cruel; my quarterly allowance for example, is over twice what my last owner gave me, and it's almost four times what most of my dorm-mates get, so I don't mind sharing with them. On top of that, he also gives me a slice of what he charges his, ah... 'clients' to 'rent' me, a rather generous slice too. We snipe a bit, but I never do anything to make too much trouble; I've had it bad enough to appreciate how good he treats me.
So, what brings you to our miserable sandheap excuse of a planet anyway? You don't exactly gel with the usual assortment of scum & villainy that holes up around here."
-Padmé: "Our ship was damaged, and this was the only place to set down for repairs."
-Anakin: "That explains why you came to the shop, we really do have a good selection of eminently serviceable parts. What kind of ship do you have anyway?"

Qui-Gon pulls out a small holo and projects an image of it, which Anakin studies intently for a few moments.

-Anakin: "Ohhh, Nubian J-327 class, looks like a Mk-A too; you know they only made six of these before the Mk-B revision?"
-Obi-Wan: "Really? Why is that?"
-Anakin: "Because, in addition to having pu'duu shields, the Mk-A had serious design flaw in the main power distribution grid; basically one solid hit anywhere near an engine would cause a cascade surge that'd fry the main hyperdrive motivator."

The group exchange a look that basically says 'really, you don't say'. One of Anakin's dorm-mates, a green Twi'Lek named Trae'a, pickpockets Qui-Gon's lightsaber; Anakin takes it back from her, and hands it back to him.

-Anakin: "Nice hilt, but it's kinda useless without a blade. Or has someone in the illustrious Republic actually created a fully retractable vibroblade?"
-Qui-Gon: "Not exactly."

Everyone takes a step back, somewhat in awe (some are almost kneeling).

-Anakin: "A Jedi!"
-Trae'a: (shaking off her awe quickly) "So, why is a Jedi slumming in slave's quarters? Shouldn't you be off ruling the Galaxy?"
-Obi-Wan: "The Jedi do not rule The Republic, we serve it."
---
-Anakin: "If you'll all excuse me, I have to go prepare for my..um..'client'. (to Padmé and the Jedi) Whatever you do, don't let any of these guys talk you into playing a game for any kind of wager, they'll clean you out."
-Padmé: "Thanks for the warning."
-Anakin: "Any time."

Another of the slaves, a male Rodian named Yu'ug'a, turns on the stereo (which looks suspiciously like a smaller ECD* player, albeit with spacier looking speakers); a proto-version of Jedi Rocks plays while Anakin showers and the others cook their lunch/dinner.
{The album is labeled "
", and is released in full as a tie-in (under the name 'Star Wars: URTH: Taris Nights/Taris Sunrise').}
Anakin comes out dressed in nicer clothes than you'd expect a slave to own, fastening a gold torc around his neck.
Trae'a is trying to get him to dance for/with her.

-Anakin: "Sorry, but I can't. I have an appointment, with Kolmaera'a Drayen."
-Trae'a: "Ah, so that's why you're all dressed up & wearing that fancy torc; where'd you get that anyway? I don't remember seeing it before."
-Anakin: "She gave it to me the last time we were together, told me to wear it next time, that'd be now."
-Trae'a: "Aw, how sweet; maybe next time she'll buy you outright, take you away from all this for a life of adventure among the stars, the pirate queen and her favorite concubine."
-Anakin: "Trae'a, jealousy hardly becomes you, but it's nice to know you care. In any case, you know as well as I do that whatever she does or doesn't do is completely out of my hands. Whatever happens, I'll never forget you, any of you."

A droid belonging to Kolmaera'a Drayen arrives to collect Skywalker.

-Anakin: "Alright everyone, play nice with the Jedi and the 'handmaiden' while I'm gone."

While Anakin's away Padmé and the Jedi attempt awkward small talk with his dorm-mates.

-Padmé: "So...who is this Kolmaera'a Drayen I keep hearing about?"
(everyone laughs)
-Yu'ug'a: "(in Huttese) "

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Cut to Darth Grievous tracking the Queen's ship to Tatooine, landing, and deploying his probe droids.

Anakin returns from "servicing" the smuggler, exhausted and with an even bigger sack of coins (which he divides among himself and his dorm-mates, like the last one).
-Anakin: "She also gave me this." (holds up a small vibrodagger)

Qui-Gon decides to test his intuition about Anakin, and force-flips a coin off of the table at the back of Anakin's head. Anakin turns and catches the coin with near-Jedi reflexes. Everyone's impressed, even Anakin.

Cut to Sidious manipulating the Trade Federation.

Cut back to Tatooine.
The sandstorm has blown over by now.
Anakin is sitting outside, thinking; the coin that Qui-Gon threw at him is floating around his hand and between his fingers. Padmé comes up behind him, but he startles her:

-Anakin: "I can hear your nerves rattling. (tosses her the coin) Peggat for your thoughts?"
-Padmé: "We left Naboo so quickly, the Trade Federation's battle droids were everywhere; the blockade was one thing, but a full scale invasion?! How could something like this even happen? Over a trade dispute?! I thought that situations like this were the reason The Republic was created in the first place; so that little things like trade negotiations wouldn't lead to a war! Yes I'm worried. For my home, my family, my world... if The Senate or Supreme Chancellor Valorum don't listen to the Queen's pleas, I'm worried about what it means for The Republic."
-Anakin: "Wow, if being a 'handmaiden' is that stressful, I can only imagine how stressed the Queen herself must be; at least you aren't the one who actually has to make the decisions."
{not helping Ani!}
-Padmé: "But it effects all of us! How can you be so casual about the End of Liberty and Galactic Civilization as we know it!?"
-Anakin: "Maybe because I was born into bondage on this gods-forsaken sand heap, where 'little things' like a card game, or simply not liking someone's hat/face can (and often does) lead to war! It's hard to care about the end of a civilization that, need I remind you, does not even EXIST here. On top of which, this civic-indignation of yours may be taught in every pre-school in your precious Republic, Space Angel, but it's hardly a virtue for a slave."
-Padmé: "I'm sorry, I didn't think; and yes I was raised to be a responsible citizen, and serving as the Queen's handmaiden has been an honor and a privilege. And for the record, my 'civic indignation' extends to an abhorrence of the slave trade; if it were in my power to free you and your friends, I would do it in an instant, and see to it that all of the slaver gangs in the Galaxy rot in the deepest, darkest dungeons for all eternity while I'm at it."
-Anakin: "Has anyone ever told you that you're really beautiful when you get fired up like that? I admire your spirit & passion, and if I come off as all 'woe is me' I don't mean to, I'm really quite tired; like I said, I was born here, this is my life and always has been. Truth be told, I don't think I'd know what to do with my freedom if I ever got it. Probably the same things I do now, just for more money."
-Padmé: "So, what were you thinking about when I walked up?"
-Anakin: "I was thinking 'how in the 20 hells of Nal Hutta am I supposed to finish that swoop bike in time for the Boonta Eve Classic'? Which I'm apparently racing in now."
-Padmé: "Mm...Afraid I can't help you with that one; I don't know the first thing about swoop bikes. Are they at all similar to speeder bikes?"
-Anakin: "The basics are the same, but swoops are completely optimized for racing, speed, agility, raw power. The problem isn't the swoop really, Watto has the parts & I can do the work, the problem is time, I need at least two weeks, the race is in two days."
-Padmé: "I thought the problem was having to race against a careful, well-connected cheat."
-Anakin: "Sebulbaa I think I can deal with this time; I've raced him enough that I'm getting a handle on most of his tricks, he's surprisingly predictable. The reason I think no one else has noticed is purely because of his reputation, they let him get into their heads, intimidate them."
-Padmé: "And you don't?"
-Anakin: "Not this time. If I can get that swoop in shape in time, I believe I can beat him. Last time I was so close I could almost taste it; this time... I feel it."
-Padmé: "You sound so certain, you make me believe it too. I'll leave you to your planning, so you can make the most of the time you do have." (she tosses the peggat coin back to him)
-Anakin: (he slows the coin in mid-air and brings it back into its previous orbit of his fingers.)
-Padmé: "That is so cool; how are you doing that?"
-Anakin: "Honestly, I'm not sure myself, I just do it; it helps me concentrate."
-Qui-Gon: (from off camera, and just now entering the scene) "I thought so. The Force flows strongly in you; I sensed it before you even walked into the shop, it's why we chose Watto's shop in the first place; The Force led us to it, and to you."
-Anakin: "The Force? What's that?"
-Qui-Gon: "The Force is what gives Jedi their powers. The Force is all around us, it flows from all living things, to and around all other things, living and non-living; from your hand to the coin." (demonstrates by using The Force to call the coin to him)
-Anakin: "So you're saying I'm a Jedi or something?"
-Qui-Gon: "I'm saying if you'd been born in the Republic your Force potential would've been discovered immediately, and you would likely have been raised by the Jedi Order. As it stands now you have remarkable control over your abilities for one with no formal training."
-Anakin: "Raised by...you mean you take younglings away from their parents?"
-Qui-Gon: "Our parents chose to give us up to the Temple, to give us the chance for a life that they never could have given us themselves; to unlock our full potential, to fulfill our destinies. It's considered a great honor to count one's progeny among the guardians of the Republic."
-Anakin: "...Point. So, Master Jedi, what is my destiny?"
-Qui-Gon: "I'm not certain, but I have an idea. Still it's very uncommon for one so inherently strong in The Force to be born so spontaneously, do you know if either of your parents were Jedi?"
-Anakin: "Hahahaha not likely, my mother is -or was, we were separated when I was three, she could easily be dead now for all I know- as much a slave as I am. No idea who my father was, though I do recall (vaguely) my mother insisting to someone that there wasn't one; that doesn't make any sense so I figure either she didn't know who it was herself; or else she knew exactly who it was, and it was the kind of guy that would go out of his way to make sure that any illegitimate child he may-or-may-not've sired with some random slave...didn't exist."
-Padmé: "So either she was protecting you, or she was crazy/in denial. Some choice."
-Qui-Gon: "The Force can do far more than just move coins; when you go back to working on the swoop, take a moment, relax, clear your mind and concentrate, just as you do with the coin; you know what you need to do and how to do it; put all other concerns out of your mind, if you need a tool or a part call it to you, just as you call the coin. The size and weight of the object make no difference, be it this coin or a small starship." [since taking the coin from Anakin, he's been levitating it on edge, spinning slowly, above his palm ('take the pebble from my hand' style). Anakin spontaneously calls it back to him.]
-Anakin: "So, you're saying I'm some kind of Jedi, or could be with time and training."
-Qui-Gon: "Officially, you're too old to begin Jedi training, however, exceptions have been made in the past."
-Anakin: "I'm guessing I'd also be the first slave Jedi."
-Qui-Gon: "Circumstances change, I'll see what I can do. Perhaps act as your sponsor in this swoop race."
-Anakin: "That'd be a neat trick, seeing as you don't have anything the Hutts recognize as money."
cut straight to:
-Watto: "Anakin tells me you want to a'sponsor him in'na the race, how can you do this?"
-Qui-Gon: "My ship will be the entry fee; it's in excellent condition, aside from the parts I need." (shows Watto the holo again)
-Watto: "Mmm, Nubian, very nice. You do realize that when'a the boy loses, you lose your ship."
-Qui-Gon: "You sound sure he's going to lose, in spite of the fact that you've had him working on that swoop for five months."
-Watto: "Don't'a misunderstand, a'the boy has skill; in a few years, when'a Sebulbaa retires, or as he said in a different a'race, without Sebulbaa he might stand a chance; but at'a Boonta Eve, against Sebulbaa, no he'll lose, Sebulbaa always wins, & I'mma wagering heavily on him."
-Qui-Gon: "I'll take that wager: if Sebulbaa wins I will be your slave, if Anakin wins he goes free."
-Watto: "Hmm...a Jedi slave would be valuable, the bragging rights alone... Alright, you have a deal Outlander, I'll be sure to find a slave collar worthy of such a prize."
-Qui-Gon: (bows) "I'm honored."
-Padmé: (in a 'shouted whisper') "This is madness bordering on the foolish! I like Anakin too, but to risk Naboo's future and your own freedom on, what, a hunch?"
-Qui-Gon: "I'd call it an act of faith; your Queen trusts my judgement, young handmaiden, perhaps you should as well."
-Padmé: "You presume much, Master Jedi."

Outside, Anakin uses The Force to expedite his work on the swoop, much to his own amazement and enthusiasm. {some of the assembly looks somewhat like what one might expect the construction of a lightsaber to look like.}

Cut to: Naboo
The Trade Federation is pressuring the remaining government ministers to sign their treaty in the Queen's absence.

Back to: nighttime at the slave dorm.

-Anakin: "It was incredible! I don't think my mind's ever been so clear, and I know I've never gotten so much work done at once. If it works that way tomorrow, I'll be done; that'll give me time for a thorough once-over before the race."
-Qui-Gon: "You see, what did I tell you; you've just taken your first step into a much larger world. I have more good news, Watto has agreed to a side wager: if you win the race, you win your freedom as well."

At that Anakin falters, incredulous with gratitude; Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan give him a pep talk while helping him concentrate on The Force.
The next day at the scrap yard: swoop bike construction montage.
Night at the slave dorm:
Anakin is meditating with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, and Padmé sneaks up behind him.
-Anakin: "Peggat for your thoughts?"
-Padmé: "I wasn't even sure you were awake; you really are a closet Jedi aren't you?"
-Anakin: "I guess, at least it certainly seems that way."
-Qui-Gon: "I told you, all you need is the training to unlock that which was always within you. When we return to the Temple, I will see to it that you are accepted, and I will take you as my Padawan to oversee your training personally."
-Anakin: "I thought you said you were only allowed one at a time, what about Obi-Wan?"
Obi-Wan is sitting right there, he holds his tongue, but his face says 'yes master, what about Obi-Wan'
-Qui-Gon: "Obi-Wan has been a model student and a very quick learner. He no longer requires my training; I'm recommending that he take the Trials for Knighthood."
-Obi-Wan: (now embarrassed over his brief flash of jealousy) "Thank you, master."

Dissolve to: next day, at the racetrack.
Anakin is doing his final pre-race check on his swoop, when Sebulbaa walks up. They banter/trash talk, but Sebulbaa doesn't get the chance to tamper with Anakin's swoop. He does tamper with three other unattended swoops as he moves on; Anakin (deciding to test himself) reaches out with The Force and repairs them.
During the race, Sebulbaa is surprised and more than a little annoyed when the swoops he sabotaged don't experience any problems; however it makes little difference, the race still comes down to just Sebulbaa and Anakin. Anakin uses The Force to focus, concentrate, and improve his reflexes to dodge Sebulbaa's attempts to wreck him; he wins the race, his freedom, and the money for the parts to repair the Queen's ship.
Watto's not happy but he honors the deal, after some persuasion from Qui-Gon.

Cut to: Darth Grievous receiving a report from his probe droids, hopping on his speeder bike, and racing off into the desert.

Back at the ship: engine repair montage with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and R2, with some assistance from whichever of the guards might have some engineering experience.
Anakin welds the engine pod's hosing back together and calls out a reminder to purge the sand out of the engine before trying to take off; Darth Grievous shows up, the Jedi engage him briefly:

-Anakin: "Purge! Purge! Purge! Do it now, we're leaving!"

The engines start up, the port engine sputters out a bunch of sand and some small to medium sized chunks of sand-glass, the ship takes off, landing gear retracts, only the boarding ramp is still down, the Jedi jump aboard and close the ramp, leaving Grievous fuming in the cloud of kicked up sand as the ship speeds into space. The ship makes orbit and jumps into hyperspace, back on course for Coruscant. Darth Grievous returns to his ship to report his failure to Darth Sidious.
Dissolve to Coruscant: The ship is landing, Senator Palpatine is there to greet them personally.

-Anakin: "Man it's cold!"
-Padmé: "Most beings find this comfortably temperate, but then you come from a very hot world, a bit too hot for most; I can see why you'd find this cold by comparison."
-Palpatine: "You should be thankful it isn't winter my boy, come the Life Day Feast it gets positively frigid."

At this point the party splits: Palpatine escorts Queen Amidala and her entourage to Senators' Quarters, while Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin go to the Jedi Temple.

At the Jedi Temple: Anakin (now wearing heavy robes against the "cold") is sitting on some grass under a tree in the Temple Gardens, conspicuously in awe of all the greenery. Two young knights walk up to him and ask if they can help him.

-Anakin: "Sorry, I've just never seen trees like these, or this (pats the grass) before. My homeworld is a desert with binary suns, we have sand & some scrub plants, but nothing this green! Is this...grass?"
-Knight 1: "Yes."
-Anakin: "I've heard of grass, it's...softer than I'd imagined. (sighs and leans back against the tree) It's very quiet and peaceful here."
-Knight 2: "We do try to our best to keep this an island of calm amidst the chaos of the Galactic Capitol."
-Anakin: ".....Oh! I'm sorry, I'm so lost in all these new sensations that I seem to've lost my manners as well, I'm Anakin Skywalker."
-Knight 1: "Kit Fisto."
-Knight 2: "Aayla Secura."
They shake hands.
-Fisto: "Forgive my curiosity, but I don't recognize your name or your face, where were you trained?"
-Anakin: "I'm from Tatooine, a pest-hole dustball just over the border in Hutt Space, and I'm not actually a Jedi. Master Qui-Gon says I have 'great potential' and is petitioning the Council to make an exception for my age; I'm not getting my hopes up, so I'm taking in as much of the Temple as I can since I probably won't ever see it again. This seemed a nice spot to take a brief rest."
-Secura: "I too sense The Force strongly in you. The Council has made such exceptions in the past, so it wouldn't be unprecedented."
-Fisto: "In any event, we wish you well; may The Force be with you."
-Anakin: "Thank you, same to you."
As they walk away, Anakin closes his eyes and begins to meditate....and develops the slightest hint of a Jedi's meditative aura/halo.

In the Council Chamber:
-Qui-Gon: "...It was well trained in the Jedi arts, and I sensed great hatred; it is my opinion that it could only have been a Sith Lord. It's possible that Lord Bane may've had an apprentice that we missed."
-Yoda: "A disturbing possibility, this is. Consider this matter with much care, we must."
-Windu: "If the Sith have returned, it makes the current events in The Senate even more critical. If this situation with the Trade Federation escalates into a full scale war, it could divide The Republic's attention at a crucial moment. It wouldn't be the first time that the Sith used such diversions to their advantage; but after a thousand years, and with no Empire to support them, do you really believe that even a moderate Sith army could threaten The Republic?"
-Yoda: "Difficult to see, the future is. Cautious and vigilant, we must be. Master Qui-Gon, more to say have you?"
-Qui-Gon: "Yes, two things. Firstly, I believe there is little more that Obi-Wan can learn from me, that he could not better learn through first-hand experience. I believe that he is ready for The Trials."
-Yoda: "Under advisement, we will take this; and the second?"
-Qui-Gon: "On Tatooine, we encountered a...vergeance in The Force. A young man remarkably gifted in The Force, able to exert some control over it without any training at all, and nearly Padawan level abilities with minimal advice. I surreptitiously took a blood sample, and as far as can be determined, he's not the scion of any known old Jedi bloodlines; given his power, I had thought it possible that he was a lost cousin of the Shans or the Sunriders. He says his mother claimed that he had no father, it is possible that he was concieved by the Living Force itself."
-Ki-Adi-Mundi: "You refer to the Prophecy of the 'Chosen One', the one who will bring true balance to The Force?"
-Plo-Koon: "Do you truly believe in the Prophecy? Or in The Force itself willing the creation of a life?"
-Qui-Gon: "I'm honestly not certain. I am certain however, that this young man possesses remarkable power and potential. I believe that an exception should be granted for his training in the Jedi Ways, and his acceptance into the Order."
-Windu: "How old is he?"
-Qui-Gon: "About 14 or 15 standard years."
-Shaak-Ti: "That old? It will be difficult for him to adjust to all of the...personal restrictions that we live with."
-Qui-Gon: "He's accustomed to personal hardship, he's spent his entire life as a slave."
-Shaak-Ti: "A slave?! On a Republic world?"
-Qui-Gon: "No, Tatooine is controlled by the Hutt Cartel."
-Windu: "After 14 years as a Hutt slave, it will still be a significant adjustment. Let us meet him, and see for ourselves if he can make it."
-Qui-Gon: "That is all I can ask at this moment."

Cut to: outside the Queen's quarters:
Anakin drops by to see Padmé, but 'Amidala' says that 'Padmé' isn't there; Anakin pointedly looks suspicious.
The Senate scene and Anakin's interview with the Council now occur simultaneously, with cuts back & forth between them. [Senate] (Jedi):

(-Windu: "Send him in.")

[Palpatine talking to Amidala]

(-Ki-Adi-Mundi: "What is your name?"
-Anakin: "Anakin Skywalker.")

[Palpatine talking about "The Bureaucrats"]

(-Shaak-Ti: "Now, levitate the table without dropping its contents."
-Anakin: "Am I allowed to levitate the contents themselves? If only for a moment, to stabilize them?"
)

[The Senate recognizes Amidala's turn to speak.]

(Anakin is already levitating the table, he holds it for a few seconds more, before setting it down gently. Nothing drops.)

[Amidala begins her address to The Senate, which continues...]

(...over a montage of other tests the Council is giving Anakin...)

[...before returning to The Senate for the conclusion.
The Senator representing the Trade Federation calls for a committee, someone else seconds it.
-Palpatine: "This is where Valorum's strength fails"
Valorum concedes the point, asks Amidala if she'll wait for the committee.
-Amidala: "I do NOT concede, I did not risk my life to break through the blockade surrounding my home and come here, just to watch my people suffer while our fate lies in the hands of some interminable committee! If this office is not capable of the decisive leadership these times require, perhaps new leadership is needed. I call for a vote of 'No Confidence' in Chancellor Velorum."

-Senate: "Vote Now! Vote Now! Vote Now!"
which fades out over...]

(...Master Windu is holding a thin display screen, Anakin is telling him what is being displayed on it.)
-Anakin: "Den'ari'a Dao's championship winning podracer, from 2 years ago." "A BlasTech DL-44 with optional targeting scope attached." "An Incom Z91 'Headhunter' starfighter." "A Lhosan Indutries Goethar Kleej Special." "A Corellian YT-1100 class freighter." "A Nubian J-327, Mk-A...wait, I thought so, it's Padmé's ship...I mean the ship that brought me here."

-Yoda: "How feel you?"
-Anakin: "Still a little cold, but other than that...an odd mix of total calm backed with excitement; it's difficult to find the words to explain it."
-Yoda: "Unneccesary, words are; see through you, we can."
-Anakin: "Well that's mildly unsettling."

-Windu: "We're done here, you may go and rest."

-Qui-Gon: "Masters, what do you think of him?"
-Ki-Adi-Mundi: "A remarkable young man, The Force is strong in him, surprisingly so."
-Shaak-Ti: "I confess, I was unsure of what to expect when you said he had been a slave, but certainly I expected anger, bitterness, resentment, even rage. It seems, however that the calm and peace of the Temple agrees with him. I sense enormous gratitude for his freedom, mostly directed toward you, but to a lesser extent the rest of us as well. I believe he's a bit overwhelmed at the idea of actually becoming a Jedi; I don't think he believes that we'll make the exception for his age, and is conditioning himself to accept it."
-Windu: "His feelings betray him, his thoughts dwell heavily on this Padmé."
-Qui-Gon: "Padmé Naberrie, one of Queen Amidala's handmaidens. If their nacent relationship concerns you, I'm sure I needn't remind you that all Jedi are eventually tested on such matters, and most have had their...indiscretions from time to time, with no ill effect on their balance in The Force."
-Windu: "It is one of my concerns; were the decision entirely mine, I would say no, the boy is not to be trained, he is too old and too thoroughly 'experienced' shall we say, with such 'indiscretions'. I don't think he'll be able to handle the level of personal discipline that will be demanded of him."
-Yoda: "A pity it is, that in The Republic, born he was not. A powerful Jedi he now would be. Strong he is, in The Force; ordered, capable, inteligent; believe control and discipline he could learn, I do...and yet, darkness also I sense, intangible. Uncertainty always the future is, nevertheless, grave danger I fear in his training. The deadliest of the Sith Lords, fallen Jedi were they."
-Qui-Gon: "You think that if we train him as a Jedi, that he could become the next Revan?"
-Plo-Koon: "Consider, what will become of him if we don't train him? If we turn him away, he'll likely continue to explore his abilities on his own, now that he's aware of them. That could lead him down the dark path on his own; he could unintentionaly harm himself, or others, while testing his limits. There is another concern, if the Sith truely have returned, his exploration of The Force could bring him to their attention. Can we afford to take that chance?"
-Yoda: "Much to consider, we have. Many factors, there are. Take time to contemplate the best course, we will; a hasty decision make, we will not."
-Qui-Gon: "I understand masters, thank you for your indulgence in this matter; may The Force be with you in your deiliberations."

Qui-Gon bows and exits the Council chamber, Anakin is sitting on a bench right outside the door.

-Anakin: "They can't decide what to do with me, can they?"
-Qui-Gon: "What makes you say that?"
-Anakin: "I sense indecision, that people have made good points for accepting me and rejecting me."
-Qui-Gon: "Very impressive Anakin. I've said everything I can, and done everything in my power. Whatever the Council decides, just know that they did not decide rashly or lightly."
-Anakin: "So all those tests usually precede a rash decision? I suppose one test less would be positively reckless?" They both chuckle. "I don't know what I was expecting from the 'Grand High Council of Jedi Masters', but most of them were friendlier than I thought. I guess I expected them all to be like Master Windu, or worse."
-Qui-Gon: "Mace Windu can come off a bit stern on first impressions, but if you get the chance to get to know him, you'll see it's just seriousness and dedication. He is a demanding instructor, but fair."
-Anakin: "Is there a cantina or vendromat in this place? I'm starving."
-Qui-Gon: "If they accept you, you'll be eating plenty of meals here; if they don't you won't be missing out on anything, as far as the food goes. If it's a good meal you want, I know a diner downlevels a bit. Let's find Obi-Wan and have a late lunch."
-Anakin: "Oh, do you know where I can find a bank that'll give me fair exchange on my Hutt currency?"
-Qui-Gon: "Yes, actually, we pass it on the way to the diner."

Swipe to: post-Senate follow up with Palpatine and Amidala. Amidala is determined to return to Naboo to share her people's fate, Palpatine is trying and failing to talk her out of it.

Dissolve to: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Anakin are eating at Dex's Diner; Qui-Gon introduces Dex to Anakin. While they're eating, Qui-Gon gets commed about Amidala's intent to return to Naboo; all three quickly leave. They catch up to the Queen's party on the landing platform, the Jedi fail to convince the Queen to reconsider, and Anakin says goodbye to Padmé.

-Anakin: "Just in case I never see you again..." "...it was a pleasure meeting you."
-Padmé: "You too, take care Anakin Skywalker, and good luck."
-Anakin: "Good luck to you, I truely hope everything works out well on your Homeworld..." (whispers in her ear so no else hears) "...Your Highness." He quickly kisses her on the hand and backs away, bowing, before she can say anything more.
-Qui-Gon: "You should stay here Anakin, if the Council decide in your favor, they'll not want to lose another moment and begin your training immediatly. We're accompanying the Queen back to Naboo; the speeder's nav system can show you the route back to the Jedi Temple."
-Obi-Wan: "Here, take my commlink so the Council can contact you when they reach their decision."
-Anakin: "Thank you. Thank you both, for everything. Regardless of the Council's decision, I appreciate everything you've done for me. It's been an honor meeting you both."
-Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan: "May The Force be with you."
-Anakin: "And also with you, Master Jedi; I sense you'll need it more than I."
The three bow to each other before separating; Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan into the ship, and Anakin back to Qui-Gon's speeder. Anakin watches the ship take off before punching up the route to the Temple on the navsys, and proceding to drive (on manual) like a maniac and drifting perfectly into the docking space, laughing.

Dissolve to: The Queen's ship, en route to Naboo. The Queen, her guards, and the Jedi are planning their options for dealing with the Trade Federation's invasion/occupation.
The ship lands unaccosted in the hanger it took off from, they start to impliment their plans, splitting into two groups, each with one Jedi, both engaged in a running firefight with the battle droids, and both heading straight for the Throne Room. At the Throne Room, The Queen points a blaster at the Viceroy's face and looks at Padmé:
-'Queen': (Her voice suddenly souding very different) "Should I shoot him my lady?"
-Padmé: (Now using her Amidala voice) "No, Sabé. He's going before The Senate to answer for what he's done." (On the Jedi's confused looks) "I am Queen Padmé Amidala, this is Sabé, my loyal decoy and bodyguard. I must admit, I'm surprised that neither of you were able to figure it out. Sense it with the Force? After all, Anakin did."

It's at this point that Darth Grievous shows up and kills Viceroy Gunray. The Jedi stop him from killing Amidala, and a running lightsaber fight ensues. During the battle Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan get separated, Grievous kills Qui-Gon just as Obi-Wan is rejoining the fight. Obi-Wan is ultimately able to defeat Grievous by slicing him neatly in half at the waist.

During the victory celebration a ship arrives from Coruscant bearing Jedi Masters Yoda, Shaak-Ti, and Windu, Jedi Initiate Anakin Skywalker, and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Obi-Wan is knighted (defeating a Sith counting as his Trial), Anakin is made his Padawan, and they discuss the Sith:
-Shaak-Ti: "After a thousand years, the Sith have truly returned. If there was one so well trained, there is another."
-Yoda: "Always two, there are; no more, no less; a Master and an Apprentice."
-Windu: "But which was killed?"
-Obi-Wan: "He spoke of his master having far grander plans than we could realize; so I presume the Apprentice."
-Shaak-Ti: "So there's a Dark Lord of the Sith out there, somewhere, with 'plans' and a thousand year grudge against The Republic and the Jedi."

TO BE CONTINUED...
(In Star Wars: Phantoms)

Marketing Tie-ins:
-Star Wars: URTH - Taris Nights/Taris Sunrise. The album that Anakin and his dorm-mates were listening to. (Composed by John & Joseph Williams, with Chip Davis; performed by: Joseph Williams, Mannheim Steamroller, and Alicia Bridges)

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64848

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
Roger Redux wrote:
Yu'ug'a, turns on the stereo (which looks suspiciously like a smaller ECD* player, albeit with spacier looking speakers)
*ECD AudioDisc is a music format that exists in this alternate universe. It's basically our universe's obscure CED (Capacitance Electronic Disc) format, but used for music as well as video, and much more popular/prevalent than in our 'verse (due to having debuted earlier). ECD (Electronic Capacitance Disc) -both audio & video- are the dominant home media formats in 1980 in this universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance_Electronic_Disc

As I said, this version of Star Wars is from a larger more comprehensive alternate timeline. I believe this was the only reference to the wider timeline that was in a Star Wars write-up, but I felt it warranted clarification.

The next installment:

Star Wars: Phantoms [TV series] (1980-1983)
{Timothy Zahn joins the writing staff}
Starring:
-Ian McDairmid as Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious*
and Featuring:
-David Rappaport as Yoda
-Pam Greer as Shaak Ti
Introducing:
-Patrick Stewart as Jorus C'baoth
-Angela Mao Ying as Luminara Unduli
*The actual credits have Sidious listed seperately, to preserve the suspense of his identity.

Emphasizes Anakin & Obi-Wan's friendship and Anakin's training/growing powers.
The hunt for the Sith and the growing unrest in the Republic are more in the background until the last season.

Also introduced in this series is Master Jorus C'baoth, along with the misdirection that he could be Sidious.

And a bonus:

George Lucas: I'd always initially expected Yoda to be a puppet, and I'd wanted Frank Oz to do the voice, because he's Frank Oz, you know? But one of the producers, I think it was Rick (Conner), suggested we actually get a little person, and specifically recommended David Rappaport.
Now, I don't know if It's ever been mentioned how much of a self-involved -I think the British word is 'prat'- that I used to be at that time...

[laughter from off camera]

Director: I think it's been brought up from time to time.

Lucas: Has it?

Director: Yeah.

Lucas: So, I wasn't sold on the idea right away, but we auditioned David and a couple others including Kenny (Baker, who operates R2-D2), and of all the people who read for the part David was the best; so I could certainly see why people had recommended him. I still wasn't sold on not having Frank Oz, but Marcia was always telling me that it's not a bad thing to take some advice now and again, but I was already on the 3rd or 4th draft of 'Empire' and Yoda was becoming a much more important character than I'd initially planned, and I was a massive Auteur control freak. But I let them persuade me, with a sort-of "If this ends up being a horrible idea, I'm blaming you, and you don't get to make any more suggestions" attitude. Well we offered him the part, he accepted, and then we showed him the latest concept art and he goes "Oh, if I'd've seen this first I'd've read the lines completely differently." So we see him around practicing his lines, and every time it's different, his voice sounds different; and then we do the first full make-up test, and he starts practicing his lines in the make-up for the first time, and it sounds close to something like what I had thought that Frank Oz might do; that was when I started thinking that maybe I'd not made a huge mistake after all.

Then came the first day of shooting. David comes out in full make-up and costume for the first time, cane in hand, sits in his chair, and starts speaking. His final Yoda voice was unlike anything I'd even thought of before, let alone heard him do backstage. I think everyone else was just as blown away as I was. He was perfect, and after that scene, I couldn't imagine Yoda being any other way.

That was, I think, when I started taking people at their word when they said they thought they had an idea that could make the movie better. Before that I was... possessive, like I thought they were trying to take my movies from me and make them something else entirely.
Also in the original draft of Episode I it was a lot more obvious that Palpatine was Darth Sidious; This time I know it was Rick who told me "Aren't you mister 'dramatic reveal'? Where's the suspense, the twist, just 'oh here's a guy that's clearly evil'?" Later that day I was interviewing a new applicant to the TV writing staff, Tim Zahn, and we were talking over some of his ideas, particularly an idea for this dark Jedi character of his (who eventually became Jorus C'baoth); so I toned down Palpatine, made him more subtle & seemingly trustworthy, and gave Zahn & the rest of the writers on Phantoms reign to hint that C'baoth could be Sidious. I think it worked out for the best; I'm really happy with the way it all turned out.

-excerpt from the 'Making of Star Wars Episode I' features.

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64850

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (Summer 1982)
Directed by Irvin Kershner
Starring:
-Ian McKellen as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force ghost)
-Kenny Baker as R2-D2
-Mark Hamill as Biggs Darklighter
Featuring:
-Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
-David Rappaport as Yoda
-Malcolm McDowell as Boba Fett
-Al Lampert as Commander Dein Jir
-Kenneth Colley as Captain/Admiral Piet

Aside from the new cast giving different performances, and maybe one or two minor edits, same as ours.
{I really couldn't think of any way of changing this one without potentially ruining it.}

Another reason for the staggered release schedule is so the reveal of Vader as Luke's father still has the same impact it had originally. The audience, still having that question of whether-or-not he's lying, will be watching Anakin all the closer in Episode II & Clone War.

{The reason for Han being frozen in carbonite in this universe was a combination of dramatic tension and Patrick Swayze wanting to do one or two other projects he'd been offered.}

Star Wars: Rebellion [TV series] (1982-1985)
Featuring:
-Miiko Taka as a (Rebel or TIE) Pilot {I still can't decide whether to make her a rebel or an Imperial}
-Ahna Capri as a Stormtrooper

Bridges Empire Strikes Back with Return of the Jedi.

The main story arc is essentially an expanded version of "Shadows of the Empire", with season 3 being the 'Xizor Arc' proper.

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64854

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
Episode II: Send in the Clones (Summer 1984)
Directed by Richard Marquand
Starring:
-David Rappaport as Yoda
-Pam Greer as Shaak Ti
Featuring:
-Yaphet Kotto as Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus
-Malcolm McDowell as Jango Fett/Clonetroopers
-Carrie Fischer as Beru Whitesun

Picks up right after the end of Phantoms; Chancellor Palpatine, Senator Amidala, and Jedi Masters Yoda & Shaak-Ti are dealing with the increacingly bitter/violent Separatist Crisis, (they do briefly mention Outbound Flight's disappearence in passing) in particular discussing the Armed Forces Unification Act, which would partially repeal the Ruusan Accords after the fall of the last Sith Empire, rebuild the centralized Republic military for the first time in a millenium, and give the Jedi command ranks in/over said forces if/when neccessary. The AFUA is a response to the Separatist Crisis, Padmé is the leader of the opposition, and has recieved numerous threats on her life as a result. Master Yoda recomends an extra secuity detail including Anakin & Obi-Wan, but Padmé (still a bit naive at this point) doesn't think anyone would actually assassinate a Senator just for doing her job; besides which Anakin & Obi-Wan are probably quite busy with more important Jedi matters.

- Cut to: Anakin & Obi-Wan having lunch at Dex's and in general goofing off.
- After that scene we cut to "Senator Amidala" being killed by an explosion (actually it's Dormé, one of her look-alike bodyguard/handmaidens-because it's tradition that former monarchs of Naboo still have them), Padmé's grieved & pissed, Obi-Wan gives her some Jedi platitude about Dormé being "One with The Force now", while Anakin shows some empathy, (the first indication that Anakin doesn't quite see eye-to-eye with all of the Jedi Code)

Anakin: "Is it really too much to acknowledge that she had an 'attatchment' and has suffered a loss Obi-Wan? Do you even realize just how hollow that 'One with The Force' platitude sounds to non-Jedi?"
Obi-Wan: *responds to that*
Anakin: "I know that now, but I also remember well enough how it felt not to know The Force."

- Zam Wessel is still the assassin, Jango Fett is still the bounty hunter/clone template
- Ani & Obi are assigned to guard Padmé, she is determined to investigate (which means they end up doing so as well).
- The Jedi are in Palpatine's office objecting that they aren't soldiers, Palpatine replies that "We are all what the times require us to be" and if that means Jedi Generals than so be it, in the end it'll be up to The Senate to decide anyway.
- Padmé, Ani, & Obi have tracked down Wessel, but Fett got away.

- The Separatists agree to a meeting on Alderaan, we meet Padmé's cousins (House Organa) the meeting goes to pu'duu right away when Count Dooku ignores the Senators entirely to speak with Anakin & Obi-Wan; then Darth Grievous shows up (yeah SURPRIZE, he's still alive!).
- In the meantime Mace Windu, Shaak-Ti, & Plo-Koon have been continuing the investigation of Jango Fett, discover the (apparent) defection of Sifo-Diyas, and the creation of the clone army at Kamino.

- At the end it's revealed that Dooku is Darth Tyrannus, the Jedi question how there can be three Sith, and can't help but wonder how many more there could be if Bane's 'Rule-of-Two' is no longer being followed.
- Shaak-Ti: "There could be an army."
- The Masters and the clones show up in the (ta-da) nick of time, BATTLE!....Victory....and loss
- Yoda: "Begun, the Clone War has."

Roll credits
(To be Continued in Star Wars: The Clone War)

{Establishes Alderaan as being much like it is in SWTOR, although in the interim they've rid themselves of weapons and become pacifist mediators. Marks the very beginning of the Anakin/Padmé romance (as it's the first time they've actually seen each other since the end of Episode I). Owen Lars is a starfighter pilot, Beru Whitesun is a hell of a pilot in her own right and his 'wingman'; they're assigned to Ani & Obi's fighter squadron, and Anakin hits it off with them immediately, because they're both also from Tatooine. This is the first time that Darth Grievous reappears.}

[I've basically merged Darth Maul and General Grievous into a single character.]

Star Wars: The Clone War [TV series] (1984-1989)
Starring:
-Malcolm McDowell as The Clonetroopers
-David Rappaport as Yoda
-Pam Greer as Shaak Ti
Featuring:
Introducing:
-Yoko Shimada as Asajj Ventress
-Shannen Doherty as Ahsoka Tano
-Tori Spelling as Barriss Offee
-Bettie Page as BD-9000 (Betty-Bot) on the Holonet

The series picks up right after the end of Episode II, during the mop-up after the First Battle of Alderaan.

For the first 1/3 of season 1, the clones don't have names, but they gradually pick up nicknames/callsigns.

- By the start of the War Barriss Offee is already Luminara's Padawan, Ahsoka is introduced about halfway through the first season.

- Darth Grievous gradually gets more parts of himself replaced with robotic prosthetics, becoming less organic, more machine (foreshadowing Anakin's fate), until by the end of the War he's just a brain with eyes & lungs with a completely robotic body, then his lungs get crushed and he becomes 'the coughing droid'.

- 'Count Dooku' is only referred to as such by the Jedi/Republic, the Separatists all universally call him Lord Tyrannus.

- Owen & Beru are first and foremost starfighter pilots, though they do often get tapped to crew the PoS freighter that Anakin & Ahsoka use for undercover missions.

- Anakin & Padmé secretly marry early in season 3 with only Owen, Beru, Ahsoka, and Padmé's family in attendance.
{Because by this point, Anakin trusts Ahsoka even more than he trusts Obi-Wan.}

- The first chronological appearance of C-3PO is in season 3, he's Senator Amidala's 5th protocol droid.

- A three part episode of season 3 deals with defective clones resulting from using Spaarti equipment as a cost saving experiment. The secondary arc of season 4 deals with an army psychotic clones created by a Separatist scientist, using the inferior Spaarti equipment.

- Ahsoka's betrayal by Barriss still happens, as do the frame-job and her departure from the Jedi Order; this turns Anakin's disillusionment with the Jedi into full scale resentment (which festers) (especially since some of what Barriss says rings all too true), it serves to push him closer to the Dark Side (he does send Ahsoka messages -credits, training tips, encouragement- whenever he can).

- It's only during this series that we start to get our first real hints that Palpatine is (and always has been) Darth Sidious. Grievous & Tyrannus have a running argument over which of them is Sidious' true apprentice; Ventriss initially approaches 'Count Dooku' to be his apprentice (she ends up getting training from both him and Grievous) but seeing three Sith Lords, serves as an Acolyte until one falls, intending to become the apprentice of the victor (at least that's her plan, what actually ends up happening is, she fails too many times/falls for Obi-Wan/sours on being a puppet and goes off to be a merc); Obi-Wan nearly redeems her, also nearly falls to the dark side for her; let people think that Ventress might actually seduce & turn Obi-Wan.

- Anakin's turn to the Dark Side is slow and gradual, but always justified (from the audience's POV) until the very end.

[a lot of the best stuff from the animated series is still in this show]

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64855

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (Summer 1986)
Directed by Richard Marquand
Starring:
-Ian McKellen as Obi-Wan Kenobi (Force ghost)
-Kenny Baker as R2-D2
Featuring:
Special Guest:
Charlie Sheen as Anakin Skywalker
Suzi Quatro as Sy Snoodles (rename?)

New scenes are added of Luke building his new lightsaber.
At the end of the film, it's Charlie Sheen under Vader's mask (in age/scar make-up), and as Vader's force ghost.
The yub-nub song doesn't exist, but Lapti-Nek most certainly does.
Sy Snoodles is now Nautolan (and maybe renamed).
A redheaded dancer that can be replaced with Mara Jade is added to the backgrounds.

Luke is more upset with Obi-Wan for not telling him that Liea's his sister before the half million times they almost slept together. Also that conversation with Leia is WAY more awkward and off-screen:

Luke: "Leia, there's something else I have to tell you..."
*Cut away to something else*
*cut back to Luke & Leia*
Both of them are just sitting there in awkward silence.
Luke: "Look, I know it's a lot to digest, and I've had the entire trip here to start coming to terms with it. I'll give you some time."

Marketing Tie-in:
-Star Wars: The Essential Max Rebo Band- Featuring: Suzi Quatro as Sy Snootles

Star Wars: New Republic [TV series] (1986-1996)
Starring:
-Kenny Baker as R2-D2
Featuring:
-Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian (sporadic guest appearances)
-Malcolm McDowell as Boba Fett (sporadic guest appearances)

This series continues the adventures of the main characters, adapting a number of the better novels and comics along the way. {Or rather, those stories are written for the series instead.}

Season 1 episode 5 opens with Boba Fett escaping from the Sarlacc.

The New Republic has an ongoing struggle with the Imperial Remnant.
Toward the end there are rumors circulating that the Remnant Imperial Navy may be under the command of a previously unknown Moff, Grand Moff, or even Grand Admiral.

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64862

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Summer 1986)
Directed by: Irvin Kershner
Starring:
-Lea Thompson as Senator Padmé Amidala
-Malcolm McDowell as The Clonetroopers
-Ian McDairmid as Supreme Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
-David Rappaport as Yoda
-Pam Greer as Shaak Ti

As the text crawl indicates, the film opens on the Third Battle of Alderaan. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Owen, and Beru are kicking ass; Ani & Obi are piloting their Actis class interceptors, Owen & Beru are piloting Z-95s {which now look ONLY like the Clone Wars variant}, and Rex & Cody are commanding all of the ground troops. The battle is going well for the Republic forces.

After the battle we cut to Padmé and the Senate Loyalist Committee having a talk about Chancellor Palpatine's latest security measures, and not exactly seeing eye-to-eye on the matter. Padmé wants to discuss the matter with Palpatine personally, but the other senators don't really think there's anything to discuss.

- En route to their next mission, both Obi-Wan and Owen notice that Anakin is even more on edge than usual (he really hasn't not been on edge since the whole deal with Ahsoka), they both try to cheer him up but only partially succeed. Anakin's issues are with the Council, and they will be addressed, after the war is over. In the meantime, the fleet has arrived at their next engagement; BATTLE!
- Padmé and the Loyalist Committee talk to Palpatine
- BATTLE! cont.
- the meeting with Palpatine doesn't go as well as they might've hoped, as they're leaving all hell breaks loose
- BATTLE! concludes, and as the team is regrouping and celebrating, they hear the broadcast that Coruscant itself is under attack and Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has been abducted.

The Battle of Coruscant is now roughly the mid-point of the film. Anakin and Obi-Wan rescue Palpatine, but both Dooku and Grievous escape. Afterwards Palpatine and Anakin are talking alone; Palpatine preys on Anakin's resentments and bitterness (especially regarding Ahsoka), telling him about 'The Tragedy of Darth Plageuis the Wise' and his own plans for reforming the Republic into "something stronger and uncorrupted", planting the final seeds for Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and offering him "a lordship" for his loyalty/support (implying both an Imperial lordship and a Sith Lordship).

Anakin and Padmé manage to find some alone time together, she isn't pregnant yet. {The advancing of her pregnancy should serve as an indication of just how much time is actually passing in universe.} Sadly, the moment can't last; duty calls, for both of them.

- Anakin, Obi-Wan, Owen, and Breu are deployed on their next mission
- the Loyalist Committee has another meeting with Chancellor Palpatine, he's losing his patience with them, even Padmé leaves that meeting shaken/with doubts, their conspiracy begins in earnest
- the fleet drops out of hyperspace right into...BATTLE!
- Darth Sidious issues his final orders to Grievous, Tyrannus, and the Separatist leaders
- BATTLE! ends in a Republic victory, all Republic forces are redeployed to positions that start to force the Separatists into a full retreat.

-BATTLE! montage
- a meeting of the Loyalist Committee

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine personally conveys the 'intelligence' that the locations of the Separatist leaders' final fallback positions have been discovered. The time has come for this war to end.

The Final Battles:
- Owen & Beru lead the assault on the Separatist political leaders, Obi-Wan is sent after Darth Grievous, and Anakin is sent after Dooku
- the Jedi Council FINALLY figures out that Palpatine is Darth Sidious and moves to confront him
- Obi-Wan is able to defeat Grievous without succumbing to his hate, remaining a champion of the light
- Anakin does no such thing, giving in to all of his anger, resentment, bitterness, and rage, falling completely to the Dark Side...and in doing so he absolutely slaughters Dooku, with his new Sith powers.

- Darth Sidious himself kills almost all of the Jedi that come to challenge him, only Master Yoda escapes
- Palpatine stands before the Senate bearing clear scars from the encounter, truthfully states that the Jedi tried to assassinate him, brands the entire Jedi Order traitors, and declares the Republic is now the Empire
- in private he implements Order 66, all across the galaxy victory celebrations are cut short as the clonetroopers turn their weapons on their Jedi Generals, very few Jedi escape.
- The Loyalist Committee flees to Alderaan and takes refuge at House Organa.

Palpatine gives Anakin the name Darth Vader and summons him back to Coruscant; he's intercepted en route by Obi-Wan, who confronts him; they duel, it's fierce and never certain who has the upper hand, with both of them displaying powers we haven't seen them use before; the duel ends abruptly with Obi-Wan cutting off both of Anakin's hands (mid-way through his forearms); Vader says something to the effect of "I don't need hands to kill you, old man" and reaches out with his right stump to force choke Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan tries to reason with Anakin, but Vader responds:
"Anakin Skywalker is dead, he was executed as a traitor to the Empire, just like the rest of the Jedi! My name is Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith, and the Death of all remaining Jedi."
Obi-Wan is both confused and shocked, because he doesn't know about Order 66 or the Empire yet, but he reluctantly accepts that Anakin is truly dead; he only manages to escape by opening the airlock and blowing himself into space, using The Force to protect himself, his astromech picks him up in his starfighter and informs him of a call from Yoda to meet at a set of co-ordinates; he's picked up by Bail Organa aboard the Tantive III , Owen and Beru are already on the ship as is Yoda; they fill Obi-Wan in on the most recent turn of events en route to Alderaan.

Vader (now with two robotic hands) kneels before Sidious: "You have done well Lord Vader"...etc., Sidious gives him a masked helmet in the style of the Old Sith Empire to disguise his face (as Anakin was fairly well known), and tells him to take personal control of the disbanding of the Jedi Order. Vader places the Jedi Temple on lockdown, with Clone/Stormtroopers guarding all the exits, the young ones are told that this for their protection, all remaining Knights & Masters are taken aside, offered the choice to turn to the Dark Side and serve the Empire, they refuse and are killed, some of the Padawans attempt to break out and are killed; all the rest are slowly turned to the Dark Side to serve as Inquisitors and Emperor's Hands.
Emperor Palpatine presents Lord Vader to the Empire as a war hero for killing Count Dooku, and the traitor Jedi Gen. Skywalker; as Vader addresses the Empire, Padmé (holding a datapad with the results of her pregnancy test, and resting her hand across her stomach) gives in to her tears.

Roll end credits.

To Be Concluded in...

Star Wars: The Dark Times [TV series] (1989-1996)
Starring:
-Charlie Sheen as Darth Vader (until Season 4)
-Christopher Lee as Darth Vader (after Season 4)
-Lea Thompson as Senator Padmé Amidala
-Malcolm McDowell as The Clonetroopers (until Season 4/5)
-Ian McDairmid as Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious
-David Rappaport as Yoda
-Shannen Doherty as Ahsoka Tano/Darth Starkiller
-Tori Spelling as Barriss Offee Emperor's Hand

This series is rather time compressed as each season actually covers a little over two years.

The Loyalist Committee renames themselves the Alliance to Restore The Republic; the Rebellion is still fairly small and unpopular at this point.

Yoda & Obi-Wan briefly consider marshaling the remaining Jedi, before realizing that that's what the Sith want, and send a message out telling all remaining Jedi to keep their heads down and hide (help the local rebels if they can, but otherwise stay out of sight, because Vader and his Inquisitors will be hunting them).

After much debate Padmé decides to confront Vader herself, because she needs to see if there's anything of Anakin left inside him; Sidious knows that if anyone can redeem Anakin, it's Padmé, so he has her killed before she can speak to Vader, and frames Ventress for it, Vader hunts down and kills Ventress in retaliation.

Barriss Offee has become the first Emperor's Hand (much to Vader's displeasure), she starts to train Mara Jade.

With Padmé dead Yoda & Obi-Wan decide that they should take care of the children to oversee their training, everyone else is less than enthused about this plan; it's ultimately agreed that Vader will be looking for his children, so it's too dangerous to keep them together: Leia will remain on Alderaan, with House Organa; Luke is placed in Owen & Beru's care, they decide to return to Tatooine and take over the Lars' moisture farm, Obi-Wan goes with them; Yoda goes into exile on Degobah.

Obi-Wan starts going by "Ben" on Tatooine; Owen, Beru, and Obi-Wan have frequent arguments over Luke's future, with the Lars' eventually banishing Obi-Wan and forbidding him to have anything to do with Luke. Luke is raised as a farm boy; Leia is raised as an Alderaani princess, and grows into a formidable Rebel leader.

Elsewhere: Vader, the Inquisitors, & the 501st are hunting Jedi - Vader chooses the strongest younglings & initiates from the Jedi Temple to train as Sith Inquistors and operatives, one of those is Mara Jade (who is chosen to train as an Emperor's Hand under Barriss Offee); Vader offers all of the Jedi he finds the chance to turn, all refuse, except one. Rex & Cody are leading the squad that finds....her, Vader has given explicit orders for her above all others to brought to him unharmed; of course Ahsoka turns, as soon as Vader takes off his helmet and shows her his true face, she's his; he takes her as his Sith Apprentice and names her Darth (Lady) Starkiller, they also (predictably) become an item (the tension was always there). Together they mercilessly purge the rest of the surviving Jedi; the Lady Starkiller/Barriss Offee duel is epic, Ahsoka's slaughter of her betrayer completes her fall to the Dark Side (her eyes turn red).

With Barriss dead, Emperor Sidious finishes Mara Jade's training personally.

The invitable turning point is when they track down Shaak-Ti: Starkiller engages her alone and loses; Vader kills Shaak-Ti, but not before she crushes his lungs, Ahsoka dies in Vader's arms, Vader is forced to rely on a respirator for the rest of his life, he's now more machine than man; cruel, evil, cold-hearted (and played/voiced by Christopher Lee again).

The only Jedi of any consequence left are Yoda & Obi-Wan, the others fall quickly and easily (a few to the Dark Side, most to Vader's lightsaber).

The clonetroopers start reaching their end-of-lifecycle in season 4; the Emperor decides to have the Stormtrooper corps. reconstituted with regular recruits; Vader is against this, but is overruled by Sidious; Vader instructs his remaining clone commanders to train the new recruits to the 501st to the Mando standards he's come to expect. Cody and Rex are the last to die in Season 5, Rex is replaced as Commander by Lt. Dein Jir; Lt. Jir is promoted to Cmdr. halfway through the final season.

Marketing Tie-in:
-Mannheim Steamroller: Fresh Aire Galaxy. An entire Mannheim Star Wars album! (Featuring Amii Stewart on the vocal tracks)

...In An Alternate History 10 months 1 week ago #64894

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
And finally a quick rundown of the Sequel Trilogy and Prequel Saga:

Episode VII: Heir to the Empire (Holiday 1996)
Episode VIII: Dark Force Rising (Holiday 1998)
Episode IX: The Last Command (Holiday 2000)
Written by Timothy Zahn based on his novels
Directed by Kevin Smith
Starring:
-Demi Moore as Mara Jade
-Billy Campbell as Dash Rendar
-Michael Wincott as Talon Karrde
-Kenny Baker as R2-D2
Featuring:
-Christoph Waltz as Grand Admiral Thrawn
-Patrick Stewart as Joruus C'baoth
-Christopher Eccleston as Captain Pellion

Star Wars: New Jedi Order [TV series] (2001-2007)
{I haven't cast the Solo or Skywalker children yet.}

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic [TV series] (2005-2010)
Starring:
-Raza Jaffrey as Revan
-Ming Na Wen as Bastila Shan
-Vin Diesel as Squint/Alec/Darth Malak
-John Stamos as Canderous Ordo
-Tasia Valenza as Mission Vao
-Bai Ling as Juhani
-Jason Statham as Cassus Fett
-Teryl Rothery as Nomi Sunrider
-Michelle Forbes as Grand Master Vima Sunrider
-Jay Baruchel as Zayne Carrick
-Aisha Tyler as Jarael
-Andy Serkis as Demogol
-Temura Morrison as Rohlan Dyre
-? as Marn "The Gryph" Hierogryph
-? as Gorman "Camper" Vandrayk
-Christopher Judge as Mandolore the Ultimate
-Nana Visitor as Veela Ordo

Star Wars: The Old Republic [TV series] (2010-2015)
Starring:
-Gerard Butler as Darth Malgus
-Nicole de Boer as Eleena Daru (Malgus' Twi'Lek companion)
-Kelly Hu as Grand Master Satele Shan
-Amanda Tapping as Darth Zash
-Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Dessel/Darth Bane
-Lacy Chabert as Rain/Darth Zannah

Any characters omitted have yet to be cast.

Thanks for reading, and any feedback is welcome.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0