Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Out of the Grey

Out of the Grey 1 month 2 weeks ago #85954

• Ser Arcturis
  • Elite Member
  • Occupation? No, just visiting.
  • Thank you received: 34
Hello fellow Star Wars fans!
I've always loved writing stories but have never gotten to write a Star Wars one. But here it is: Out of the Grey!

Part I:
Lyra sat upon her Varactyle and gazed over the plains of her home planet, an uncharted world far away from what others would call „civilization“.
But to her, those, the people and races from planets she had never seen, were barbarians. She didn’t know the name of her own planet, even, everyone just called it the „Shrine“.

She didn’t even hear her companions gallop past her and down the steep slope of the hill, into the plains filled with grasses and bushes in all shades of red, orange and yellow. Herbivores roamed the rolling hills and slopes, nearly unbothered by predatory animals.

Except for Lyra and her companions. Their Varactyls stampeded down to the plain, the hunters on their backs readying their „primitive“ weaponry: bows and spears, some bolas and even rarer swords.

Lyras thoughts rambled on about their seemingly primitive weaponry. It’s not that they didn’t own blasters and other more-or-less state of the art weapons. It was their traditions and code that those weren’t used against the non-suspecting animals they preyed on.

As she blitzed past the first creature, a creature that looked somewhat like a mixture of what the archives called a Bantha and the lizard-men called Gungans, her reflexes blocked out every active thought and her arm pushed forth. The creature tried to rise to it’s hind legs, but the sudden loss of ist heartbeat rendered this attempt of defense futile and it collapsed to the ground.
Lyra brought her Varactyle to a stop and sled off ist back, pulling the razor-shard vibro-knife from her belt. She started preparing the animal for transport on her mount, her first own prey, while the others chased the animals they had chosen to hunt.

Not long after, the hunting party had re-grouped. Almost all of them, except the youngest of them, had been successful and had their prey bound to the back of their mounts.
The commander gave a short order and slowly , the group started their way back to their home.

To be continued....
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Kered, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst

Member Login

Latest Posts

• March Sale! (27 Posts)
    • Are the free items cumulative? In other words, do you get both the cover tech knobs and t-shirt at...
    • MPP Double Reveal! (141 Posts)
    • Doh! It looks like they have removed the Hero tier option for MPP and Graflex double reveal sabers....
    • Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs N... (19 Posts)
    • So i unscrewed the pommel and shook it hard a few times and got it to come out this far without...
    • March Sale! (27 Posts)
    • Quote: In addition, it says FREE Youngling Saber for orders over $100 when the banner clearly shows $1000....
    • Sabercore 3.0 sounds vs N... (19 Posts)
    • What i don't understand is that I ordered the high bass speaker from saberforge for my NBv4 install....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6771
  • Latest Member: schneiders
  • Total Posts: 67.5k
  • Total Topics: 5707
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 28
  • Yesterday Answer: 33