• Page:

TOPIC: Rpg/Cosplay characters

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25170

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Hellrazoromega wrote:
Oh and to be frank Faethien if you did not tell us you were not a native English speaker, most of us would never know.
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi Faethien,

I wouldn't worry about your vocabulary level, it is most impressive.

Stop it you, I'm gonna blush :oops:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25482

• Takamatsu
  • Thank you received: 54
I've posted this before, perhaps even my first post on this forum.... but anyway, here it is again:

click here if it's too small to read:
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/stew750/The%20next%20costume/visual-dictionary-takalcopy2_zps742b2bbd.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Takamatsu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, OvrcAHst

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25484

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 819
Hi Takamatsu,

Sorry I waited a while before I posted a reply but I wanted to give others a chance to comment. Thanks for adding to this thread.
I have seen some of your posts describing the build process for your headgear and there is just one word for it....Phenomenal!
If I remember correctly you named it Sith Fisto?

Thanks again and I hope you post some more.

For Tyeth

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25496

• Takamatsu
  • Thank you received: 54
Thanks. And yeah I'll post again, I've actually just finished building the mask of my next project so I'll probably post that when it's fully finished.

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25498

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
It would be a most welcome addition to the thread. I think this topic is slowly beginning to get some momentum, so thank you!

For Tyeth

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25533

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 75
I found this a few days ago and thought some of you might get a kick out of it. It's a pretty loose outline I wrote up for a character I built for a "saga" edition star wars pen and paper game I played in around 5 years ago just to get the character started. Finding it again made me chuckle. Feel free to critique and comment. Just a warning its posted as is (I didn't proof read it for spelling or grammar.)

Rys Tahlaven
Human - force sensitive bouncer - Soldier 1
Home sector Suarbi
Home planet Suarbi 7/5 also known as the moon Susevfi
Backstory:
I grew up in a bustling space port on Susevfi where I currently hold a job bouncing at the local strip club. I have always had a knack of trouble and I like to think that I'm good at preventing it and putting an end to it when I cant. I just seem to sense when trouble is about to rear its head and my boss Kileedo, a local Rodian, puts a lot of faith in me. We have the honor of being one of the only clubs on Susevfi to feature a full assortment of Twi'lek dancers as well as the local Rodians and Humans. Some people look down on what I do but it pays the bills, well better than most. What I can't make bouncing I make on the side working on local droids, computers systems and other machinery. I'm no expert but I am a lot better than sending out for one of those high priced repair guys. Overall my life is peaceful and I enjoy my time working on my armor, the standard bouncer attire at Kileedo's Club, and playing with any new weapons I can get my hands on or afford.

One night while I was working the floor as I stopped to chat to Kileedo at his usual spot behind the bar. As I did I got an overwhelming feelings of trouble brewing. Kileedo noticed the change in my posture and nodded to me in a concerned fashion. "Just another of my feelings" I shrugged. "Troubles brewing and seems to be heading this way." "anything I should be worried about?" Kileedo asked me. "not sure yet could be nothing you know how it is sometimes I just get these feelings."

As I turned from the bar to continue my round a Twi'lek patron I had not seen before was approaching the bar. Or at least I thought he was until he stopped right in my path and said "you feel it too, Troubles' ah brewing, I see it in your posture" just loud enough for me to hear over the music. If it wasn't for his serious stare I would have taken him for just another drunk off-worlder too deep in his cups but, I just couldn't shake this feeling. "What makes you say that?" I asked. "The same thing that's tipping you off boy, a disturbance in the force and its headed this way. Now you going to do something about it before more people get involved than need to be?"

I gave a piercing whistle and made a gesture over my head. The music faded into another different rhythm as the most of the girls on stage went for a break. Leaving only one of our longest running and more "tasteful" girls on stage. A great dancer and good friend, Koyi Aayla is one Twi'lek dancer who knows how to handle trouble and is our fallback whenever we are expecting trouble. A few disgruntled patrons moved to the bar while some of our regulars decided to slip out the back. A few seconds past and the door burst in followed by several Troopers in white and their commanding officer. "Imperials, so they finally made it out this far" the Twi'lek muttered under his breath next to me. "who's in charge here?" The commanding officer shouted through the com in his helmet.

Just as Kileedo was about to step forward the Twi'lek beside me shouted "I am" and approached the officer. The trooper looked at him and shouted "We are looking for rebels and anyone found harboring.." as the Twi'lek interrupted him "you will not find what you are looking for here." The trouper then repeated "we won't find anything here" to his squad. "Go about your business, sorry for the intrusion" the Twi'lek continued. "Go about your business, sorry for the intrusion" the trouper repeated to the club then left.

We all stood there in shock for a few seconds then someone shouted "what did you just do?" at the Twi'lek. Then another shout "Witch" and "Leave this place Wizard we want none of your trouble." The Twi'lek bowed then left saying "you can all thank me later" as the door closed behind him. Then I heard Koyi scream "Ohh No Greedok" as she pointed to the floor in front of the door. Greedok my fellow bouncer was laying there his head split open and bleeding badly. He had the door today and apparently the troopers hadn't liked him. I did what I could for him before moving him to the local medical ward while Kileedo held down the place.

As I was leaving the Ward the Twi'lek from the club stepped up next to me and said "I have a job for you, I'm surprised to find one such as you here." "What kind of job" I asked. "one that will take you away from here if that interests you. I have need of a body guard and you seem to fit the task nicely. Your talent is wasting away here. Meet me at port dock 17 two days from now if you're interested." Then he turned a corner and vanished.

There was a lot of imperial traffic over the next two days and people began to go missing. Kileedo decided it was a good time to go visit some relatives and close down shop for a while. He bid me farewell saying " don't wait up for me and good luck" as he handed me my last pay and a generous tip for my time working for him. Koyi was more upset but said she would take the time to go off world and visit her clan. Having said my goodbyes and after a visit to Greedok in the medical ward to see that he was on the mend I headed to the space port.

Dock 17 was in a smaller out of the way part of the star port. As I approached the door opened and the Twi'lek said "I've been waiting for you, wasn't sure if you were going to show or not with everything going on here. Names' Kyn Ooda, we best be off before more trouble finds us." His ship was a small star fighter that had seen better days with just barely room for two but we managed fine. he never mentioned where we are headed but he kept me busy sparing with sticks and doing mental puzzles. I spent about 6 months with him jumping from planet to planet while he searched for something he would never say.

Then he became gravely ill and would not accept any treatment. He said it was his time and that he had finally found what he was searching for. Just before he passed he handed me a package and said " What was once mine is now yours, I want you to sell my ship and use the funds to travel to Tatooine. Make sure to keep moving as we have been these last month's never in one place to long and never draw attention to yourself. Continue the exercises I have shown you. When you reach Tatooine the next part of your training will become clear. May the force be with you" Then he passed away. Within the package was a purple bladed lightsaber wrapped in a star chart tracing a path to Tatooine.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, OvrcAHst

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25537

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for sharing Artair,

Yes those pesky Imperials displaced lot of people! Luckily it has provided you with a good base to develop your character from and you have made a good start. If you' re telling a good story don't be too worried about the grammar and stuff, the main thing is get the story written and then you can deal with corrections later (to be honest there was only one or two typos anyway!)

Well done and I hope you continue with Rys' journey!

For Tyeth

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25558

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 75
We played for a few months but life got in the way. So Rys's journey is at an end. Just thought I'd add it to keep the ball rolling.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25562

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Well the game may be over Artair but don't forget about Rys, just keep him with you in the back of your mind then, as and when circumstances allow you can always carry on his journey as a dedicated story if not an RPG character.
It would be a shame to see your creation "die".

I know, I may or may not be dead in my story, (but I can't say which yet Haha!)

Whichever path you choose (for you and Rys), thanks again for adding to the forum and you're always welcome to drop back in with more!

Kind regards

For Tyeth

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 6 months ago #25564

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
This reminds me For Tyeth, I need to get round to posting that follow-on to my intro.
It's in rough, just needs polishing.

To all who've contributed I say a huge 'keep it up!' And thanks everyone for reading.

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27067

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
I have the impression that some posts are missing from this; were some removed later?

At any rate, these backgrounds were fun to read, and I look forward to adding one. For, are you planning to share more of yours?

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27068

• xyster
  • Elite Member
  • "my god, it's full of stars"
  • Thank you received: 61
Hi Borommakot,
I think part the confusion is that I posted a short intro in the 'fan gallery rules' thread!
Then continued to talk in this thread.
Hope that helps a bit, take a peek if you wish.

Xyster

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27069

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, I did see those, and that made more sense. What about the post by a Gojira that For referred to?

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27070

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Borommakot,

I'm just starting to continue writing after the hectic holiday period I've had. I had hoped to get some official clearances to use my material in some charity work in the New Year (I also have to get a costume come to think about it, and no not a Qui-gon Jinn one xyster!). However I don't think I would get permission now TFA has succeeded the way it has. I may post a few more pages as a result, maybe tomorrow as I'm on my Tablet at the moment.

So keep checking in and you may discover the fate of Master For Tyeth.
I look forward as always to new contributions to the thread also!

For Tyeth

MTFBWY

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27071

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Official clearances? From Saber Forge, or Disney? Now you've got me all curious.

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27073

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
The one with big ears!

Unfortunately that's why I'm sceptical about getting it, they probably like to keep their property protected.
If you give me a little while longer I'm firing up my PC and will post another page or so, (You may have guessed I'm still alive, I'm typing this!LOL!)

For Tyeth

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27074

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, Disney is a jealous master XD

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27076

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Looking forward to seeing more unfold!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27077

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Thanks Borommakot,

Hopefully I can entice yourself, xyster and even Knytiri (he has a story somewhere too) to post your stories/intros, or even get others to post in the other sections of the Fan Gallery. I will be taking a break from posting to continue writing but your interest persuaded me to post a page for you. I look forward to reading what you have written, everything is appreciated and I found it helpful to fill time while waiting for my saber!

Kind regards

For Tyeth

Rpg/Cosplay characters 1 year 5 months ago #27081

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I will probably post an initial entry before my vacation ends.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5264
  • Latest Member: ThomasDup
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4690
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119