Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #66993

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1607

Dual Tone Weathered Forsaken 12Watt+ Deep Red

My second Apprentice, Ordered and received with its Sister: Chosen, intended as a complimenting pair but unfortunately during its transit from there to here, mysterious events occurred with no identity of origin (mostly). They had to be separated upon arrival as Forsaken was quick to be re-bubbled as a Footlong and retraced its steps back to whence it came.

This Hilt is extraordinary. A perfect complimenting Hilt as a secondary Saber and even stunningly effective on its own. No surprise, it’s a Thin Neck and one that uses a tapered Crown Emitter. Whilst I reference this and Chosen as Sisters, appearances alone with focus on their respective Emitters, there is an uncanny resemblance to Chess pieces of the King & Queen.

The design features elegance, successful use of intricate detailing, handling comfort with fluidity and balance. The Parts assemble together securely, quite solidly held together and firm within grasp. The DT standard and V2 Finishes may just be the very way to go.

Some Specs & Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Deep Red| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font| V2 Weathered Finish (with personalising)| Weathered Covertech| lazerforge kill key by default| Black AV, Red-lit.

Hilt Length: 297mm
Blade Socket Depth (to peak of central flute & crown lower crevices): 19mm
Blade Socket Depth (to peak of crown tips): 37mm
Emitter Diameter: 38.08mm
Neck Diameter: 18.37mm
Neck Length: 44.75mm
Grenade Diameter: 34.20mm
Body Diameter: 34.24mm
Pommel Diameter: 40.64mm

Weight: 405 grams

Balance (from Pommel to POI): 137mm
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 26”: 296mm
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 32”: 343mm
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 37”: 390mm

Opposing the Crowns lower crevices feature 6 corresponding triangular indentations in Black Anodise. During the personalisation treatment, these little diamonds were stripped, the fill distressed and edges that shadow the tapering slightly polished.

Consistent to Chosen, the weathered Thin Neck was a masking that I disagreed with, so in similar fashion with creating this a highlight and focal point, the weathering too was stripped, slightly distressed and completed with a polish treatment. Thin Necks have a unique separation already that exist when compared to non-necked Emitters into Switch sections. Think of this as accentuating a positive feature to expose the neck line rather having it concealed behind a scarf or high collar.

I was satisfied with the bodies weathering finish and was quite happy to leave it as is. The stripped lines aren’t too excessively defined and the contrasting effects quite well matched. The eyesore that exists with this Hilt is the LED retention screw that is set topside in line with the AV and charge Port. I believe this to be careless oversight and should be positioned underside consistent to the blade retention screw.

With matching the external finish to Chosen, the opposing raised sections of the Pommel squares was also stripped in attempts to balance the overall aesthetic of (relatively) dark weathering
with accenting polished Silver.

Treatment repeated to Pommels central ring that circles the vent.

As referenced earlier, upon receipt, Forsaken fell victim to a
Revisited Manufacture Anomaly
in addition to some other concerns.
The Emitter has an obvious short threading occurrence where the fixed, tightened positioning shows 360 degrees of an unsecured turn. This was thought to be the result of an over threaded male Thin Neck part or an under threaded female Emitter Part. SFCS upon notification of first alert agreed
and provided the Green Light for the return trip home.

Second image above illustrates one of the Emitter crowns dented by more than light bruising. For some inexplicable reason, the kill key supplied had a squared hole fitted over the rounded internal charge pin. Not only was it ill-fitting, it wasn’t seated correctly and wasn’t freely removable with ease. Pliers needed to be used to tease it off and with expecting to be greeted by the Crimson boot sound.. nothing. Possibly a dead battery and completely drained I thought. Not the case though as after an overnight plug-in, it was just as unresponsive as it was prior to the plug-in. Some kind of doozy with the electronics I imagine. May as well be another first. Charging jack into Port actually rendered no activity or response as indicated by the chargers LED indicator. *insert sad face here*

With its return journey announced, it was a glorious day. The dent wasn’t present and the saber was responsive. The threading over/under turn however returns:
Hello! I looked into this for you. With the way this hilt is built, there is a little of the threading that shows. That is the design of this hilt.
Hmmm.. very odd. *insert frowny face here*
It is what it is then…but why?

Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #66994

• OvrcAHst

The following run starts with V4, Day Red, Day Amber & Day Yellow.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #66995

• OvrcAHst

The sexiness that is Deep Red versus Medium Red.

I commented in V1 Bastion Topic that rather than make that into a staff I had others in mind. Now just to get that Coupler…

Beautiful Hilt. Difficult to stay angry at.
Thanks for stopping by.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, Neesh Kedoo

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #66996

• Unleashediv
  • Thank you received: 36
Cannot keep up! I am soo lost lol!

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #67005

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1168
That emitter really appeals to me. I am going to have to give this one some further consideration, thanks to your detailed (and as usual, outstanding) review.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #67006

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Very well done review as usual Ovr, and what a saber!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #67017

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 552
I can also just see the threading on the thin neck on mine. It's not as noticeable, in fact I never noticed it until I read your review here! :lol: Mine is not as noticeable because it's black anodized and the Etsy photos don't quite zoom in enough to reveal it either. My crowns are fine, no dings.

Congratz. Love that new thin neck emitter on an otherwise familiar looking thin neck and body style.
"I am the Senate"

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #67039

• OvrcAHst
Thanks for the feedback guys and with looking in on these shares that I do. :)
Unleashediv wrote:
Cannot keep up! I am soo lost lol!
:lol: *insert Tour Guide Operator's voice through a megaphone here*

Execute66 wrote:
I can also just see the threading on the thin neck on mine. It's not as noticeable, in fact I never noticed it until I read your review here! :lol: Mine is not as noticeable because it's black anodized and the Etsy photos don't quite zoom in enough to reveal it either.
Yeah, I kinda find it hard to believe you didn't notice it based on the step/step walk through you usually do with your Videos. :P I mean, even being conscious of the vertical alignment of Parts with ASP Hilts is noticeable so I'd imagine when one checks that axis, it only stands to reason that horizontal alignment is checked as well? :blink:
While I have accepted it as it is as reasoned as being the way it is designed, it doesn't mean I agree with it. Granted it's a thread join or seam but technically, it isn't much different to say the seam on Bane/Vanquish? *sigh* moving on..
My crowns are fine, no dings.
As it should be. ;)
Congratz. Love that new thin neck emitter on an otherwise familiar looking thin neck and body style.
No disagreement. The Crown Emitter definitely has high appeal, more so than how it was interpreted as a render in saberparts. I haven't pondered it any further, but even the side/side comparison against Chosen, I find that the Crown Emitter distributes light more evenly down the 32" with less base flare.
Had a revisit to saberparts builder yesterday and found myself toying with a 'maybe' using the Crown Emitter. :lol:

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #67044

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 552
I think it's the weathering effect that may draw more recognition of it near the exposed threads. Mt threads all black and hilt is dual tone, so for a dummy like moi the initial attention was not drawn until your photos. Ah well, like you said, it's one of those things just like the seams in the Bane and Vanquish. But the positives easily outweigh these.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Execute66.

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #67094

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
I think it's the weathering effect that may draw more recognition of it near the exposed threads...
Yeah.. maybe you're right. :dry: On the Standard DT V1 Finish, the emitter base's accent is an anodised Black ring against the Emitter bodies brushed Silver. :blink: :lol:

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 3 weeks ago #67228

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I am so glad you posted this. When I first saw this saber, I moved on. I seem to be drawn toward sabers with unique emitters that look good when fired up. Now seeing this with a blade or blade plug in it, I love how the crown section stands out against the blade! Yep, going to have to build something with this emitter. Thanks again for helping me to decide how to spend my money. :lol:

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #67300

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
I am so glad you posted this. When I first saw this saber, I moved on. I seem to be drawn toward sabers with unique emitters that look good when fired up. Now seeing this with a blade or blade plug in it, I love how the crown section stands out against the blade! Yep, going to have to build something with this emitter. Thanks again for helping me to decide how to spend my money. :lol:
:lol: Thanks and if you have a surplus and need someone else to spend your money just let me know. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 10 months 2 weeks ago #67367

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
OvrcAHst wrote:
HotRod wrote:
:lol: Thanks and if you have a surplus and need someone else to spend your money just let me know. :whistle:

Sure, when I get rich I will be your Surrogate Sugar Daddy, ha

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 days ago #69945

• OvrcAHst
Now just to get that coupler

So.. I went and did some things.
Silly? Foolish?

Null Dovos’ (ASP) lower Body extension also played a part during the re-imagining.
Apprentice Spear.

Grand Apprentice Staff.

GrandER Apprentice Staff.

With every GrandMaster there is a GrandApprentice.

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 3 days ago #69949

• OvrcAHst
Light ‘em up!

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 days ago #69955

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 531
I dig it in all the variations. Nice use of the Null Dovos extension too. Cool finish work and color choices. I think the forsaken staff can stand on its own, without handicapping the Null Dovos look w/o the extension. An awesome collection of interchangeable components that can suit the mood of any Dark side force wielder.

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 2 days ago #69957

• OvrcAHst
Thanks Otto B) and yeah.. agree with keeping it at GrandApprentice config rather than the GrandERApprentice config. The latter adds extra weight which limits handling (and accelerates unnecessary third party property damage) With Null, the emitter shroud and emitter remains independent anyway as too is the removable switch shroud plate. As the switch part and Body were taken from Scarlet, all parts were separated for the thinktank session to create the Red outfit for her. Scarlet can remain as one as too with Null. :P

Up close & personal.

That’s all. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 1 day ago #69981

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 79
I'm literally drooling here... That colour is exquisite! What on earth did you do to the Staff extension and the Emitter?
I'm sure it says somewhere in your review, but the photos just make it impossible to read, I really love it; like a mix between a tiger/jaguar print and rusted copper/bronze - it's amazing!
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 8 months 11 hours ago #70007

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
I'm literally drooling here... That colour is exquisite! What on earth did you do to the Staff extension and the Emitter?
I'm sure it says somewhere in your review, but the photos just make it impossible to read, I really love it; like a mix between a tiger/jaguar print and rusted copper/bronze - it's amazing!
:lol: Thanks Mate. Shall put it down to a lucky accident that was successfully replicated. ;) Metallic automotive paint was initially used on the extension that formed the lower part of Null Dovos over in ASP and combined with some rub back before it dried, layered it with black (rinse & repeat), spot attack with bronze (rinse & repeat) and continued with some polishing. What started as an exercise to exhaust leftover paint has had me stocking up on some more to replace the empties. :P

Most of what I wanted to write was included in the initial Post but the latter part (recent update) surprisingly contained much lesser words and I didn't elaborate on the application. It can even parody as a themed saber with Sword of Omens. ;) ..maybe..

DT V2 Forsaken SF|Story so far. Pt III 7 months 4 weeks ago #70036

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 285

I am in love with that staff. Love the golden/brass color on there too. Wonderfully done.

That settles it, I'm buying a forsaken empty and building one.... See what you've done!!!!!!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (50 Posts)
    • Quote: Has anyone gotten a shipping notification yet? Please share. I'LL let you know when I get mine. As...
    • Igniter 2 board w/ 144 LE... (12 Posts)
    • It's a 3.4v 18650 protected batter with a 3400 capacity. I tried the blade at dim colors, and it...
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (72 Posts)
    • I've been drooling over one for ages and got the word they were going on sale for today only. Its...
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (50 Posts)
    • Has anyone gotten a shipping notification yet? Please share.
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (72 Posts)
    • Quote: Well, I'm probably going to miss my chance for this one. Just dropped the last of my cash on a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5465
  • Latest Member: SidneyIniny
  • Total Posts: 57.5k
  • Total Topics: 4814
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 22
  • Yesterday Answer: 31