Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Fury.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Red Weathered Fury

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #47731

• Kajo
  • Thank you received: 8
First, my story(skip if this bores you).

I first found out about these LED lightsabers probably about 5 or 6 years ago, but even though I came close to ordering one, filling out everything and then canceling at the last step, I never went through it it. My biggest problem was trusting that something this expensive could travel all the way to Norway safely.

Then of course The Force Awakens happened, and all my fascinations about lightsabers awoke again as well, just like when I was a kid seeing Luke ignite his father's saber for the first time.
I decided on SaberForge due to them having the coolest looking hilts and good reviews. Looking at the main site I went "hmm ooh the Fury looks awesome. How about these... wait, Fury! But that one looks cool - NO! FURY!". It had chosen me.

Day 1 I ordered it and immediately felt sick about spending this much money on something I had never seen in person.
Day 2 I woke up feeling excited that I finally went through with it!
Day 3 was spent looking at youtube videos and lurking this forum
Day 4 and I started thinking "This might just be the first of many. Oh man, I'm probably going to get all the movie colors, aren't I?"

That's a worry for another day though.

The shipping went fine. Watching the tracking was killing me though. Portland and no update for 6 days. San Francisco and then another 6 days with no updates. Then Norway, and the next day it was at the city where I live and ready to get picked up at the post office later the same day. Just wow. Basically waiting, starting to worry then BAM it's here!
Ordered December 26th, in my hands at March 17th. The Toblerone contained everything I expected, Hilt, 37" blade, EU charger. I also asked to have the activation button light match the blade, which it does.

So to the saber itself

The hilt was heavier than I expected, I mean it's not that heavy but it feels just right. I guess I was expecting it to feel lighter due to everyone commenting on how light it felt. I was also worried it would be too small, but those worries disappeared as soon as I saw it. Gripping the saber feels great, and I have no problems swinging it around with either one or two hands. The balance point for spins isn't ideal with the 37" blade, of course, but I can't do spins anyways. Don't know how and might not be able to, at least with my right hand since I have some issues with my wrist.

SO bright! I was probably staring at the blade a bit too much, and it made my vision all weird. It's very evenly lit up to the tip.

When I first unpacked the hilt, I remembered everyone mentioning how the top points were very sharp. So I touched it and thought it's fine. Whatever. Didn't take long of me messing around with the saber to have it snag my t-shirt and make a small hole. Luckily, it was an old shirt but I'll be way more careful from now on!

All in all though, the Fury is just perfect. Everything I hoped for and more!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, For Tyeth, OvrcAHst, DK44

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #47732

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1481
A saber fit for the darkest Sith sir! Congrats!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kajo

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #47736

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 987
Hi Kajo,

Big Congrats, great news you finally can call yourself a SaberForge owner. I remember your New Member Intro and your excitement!

Now go and enjoy it and I hope it serves you long and well!

For Tyeth

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #47739

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Congrats on your saber! Great to see another weathered hilt and that red looks so bright. I have a red LED with QC coming my way at some point and I can't wait to see it in person. I'm sure you're excited to finally go out and play with your Fury. You've waited long enough, go have fun.
- Light em up

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #47746

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 300
I smiled reading this post.
I think you nailed everyone's thoughts and feelings on their first SF purchase =)

congrats on the fierce fury my friend.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by NeBosa.

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #47747

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1793
Kajo, Congratulations with successful delivery of your Fury, all the way to Hoth Norway. No skipping on the read, IMO the backstory expressed through words shares your thought process with us infinitely more than the images (still important) themselves and enables a shared appreciation to finally wielding it. I was actually hopeful for a complete day-day diarised reading of your emotive state from Dec 26 to Mar 17. The weathered Finish is superb and the Red LED is such an obvious choice. With taking the time to write your Review and sharing,Thank You.

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #47748

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
That is a gorgeous saber, congrats Kajo!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #47756

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
Kajo wrote:
I decided on SaberForge due to them having the coolest looking hilts and good reviews. Looking at the main site I went "hmm ooh the Fury looks awesome. How about these... wait, Fury! But that one looks cool - NO! FURY!". It had chosen me.

This describes exactly the process that led me to get a Venomous Fury. I promise, I'll post a review! ...eventually. Congrats on the saber, looks fantastic. I feel like it's the evil twin of something, even if I don't know what.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #48198

• Kajo
Super busy days at work and a cabin trip this weekend, so I haven't gotten back to you all(or my saber) until now. I actually brought the saber with me to work the next day to show it off to a select few people. The response was great. A lot of envy. :lol:

Thanks for all the great replies!

A few more pics:

Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Kajo. Reason: Added pictures

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #48201

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 166
Great looking saber Kajo! The red looks really good in those pictures. You're review was awesome, Congrats & Enjoy!

Champion Red Weathered Fury 1 year 9 months ago #48512

• Kajo
Final post in my topic, as there are a few things I forgot to mention.

It is a 12W+, of course.

It sounds great! And it's loud, especially the blade on/off sounds and the menu beeps. I always keep it on high, even though the neighbors can probably hear me.

And lastly, I ordered the saber with quick connects because why not. This saber is staying red, but if an opportunity comes to order an even better one I'll be prepared for it.
I finally got the courage to check if they actually gave me the quick connects that I ordered. I had to shake it for quite a while before it finally got to the point where I could pull it out. The QCs were there so I put the LED back inside, which was nerve-racking... especially when I had to carefully push with the blade plug the last bit. Not doing that again unless I have to!

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Grizzly Industrial and Sa... (3 Posts)
    • Hi All, Thanks Rhyno, I believe the video came out about 18 months ago (or just after the launch of...
    • Custom SaberCore V3 Kill ... (2 Posts)
    • After thorough drying and a first tryout, the custom Kill Key sits pretty secure in the USB jack but...
    • Custom SaberCore V3 Kill ... (2 Posts)
    • Since I got my first SaberForge hilt with the SaberCore V3 and the USB Jack, I've been thinking to...
    • Battlefront II Reveal (17 Posts)
    • Yes this is a good point of view for some games, but in this case the first DLC has been released...
    • Epoch no longer available... (11 Posts)
    • Quote: (there is one Gen 1 on the forums). :lol: B) :whistle:

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6411
  • Latest Member: keremcan
  • Total Posts: 63.8k
  • Total Topics: 5396
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 18