Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Gladius.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gladius Review

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5381

• Jedi Knight
  • Rootinest Tootinest Jedi this side of the Kessel Run
  • Thank you received: 7
I love my Gladius. From the moment I laid eyes on it I decided I would get one. I purchased a Warrior Edition Royal Blue 12watt weathered Gladius with a covertech knob. The leather on the hilt is the standard brown leather. This saber looks and feels amazing. The charge lasts a long time and burns bright. I charged it over night when the light began to dim and it was ready to go the next morning. That being said, the battery is easy to access from the bottom of the pommel by unscrewing the center piece of the bottom of the saber.

The only issue I have with the saber is the sharp edges on a few places on the hilt. If you aren't careful or don't wear gloves, you may loose a chunk out of your fingers (Learned from experience).

Other than that, the saber is amazing. I would even venture as far to say that it looks better in person than it does in the pictures. I think it is a must own, basic saber that should be the foundation of the beginnings of any collection.

My only regret? Wish I would've found Saberforge before Ultrasabers...

Any other questions, please ask!
Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Jedi Knight.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griffon, JohnnyGato

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5385

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Thank you received: 1
Yup, I almost fell victim to ultrasabers. Until my homie made me realize how much better saberforge is. If I want a giant mag-lite flash lite I'll go to targets. But I want a saber that looks like it has a history or character to it. Unique I guess. Later.
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5392

• Jedi Knight
No kidding! My ultrasaber looks like a blasted flashlight! I mean, at the time, it was the coolest thing ever, but nothing compares to the moment I gripped my Gladius for the first time. Literally the coolest thing I've ever owned.

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5394

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Man I keep looking at a Gladius and wondering when I am gonna get one. They look so sweet. Is it a comfortable 2 hander? Or a better one hander?

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5401

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi. Do we have to choose one company over the other? Both US and SF serve their purpose and even SF has some flashlight like tubular hilts even though they are more decorative. That Dark Standard Issue in Jedi Knight's photo is a totally differently styled saber than a Gladius and is a real workhorse for heavier sparring. No concern about roughing that one up. Every one should consider having a Gladius.

For me, I use my G. with one or two hands but I think that a person with larger hands would find this a great single handed saber. Fencers especially have mentioned this. I placed some round braided leather in the sharper notched area that protects the LED screw (approx. 3/4"). Also put some leather in the two threaded like grooves proximal to the emitter flange. This customization makes it more mine and compliments the bronze stingray grip. :)
Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Dauntless 7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JShelar

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5410

• Jedi Knight
I just think SaberForge's sabers are higher quality. That Ultrasabers one I already own isn't bad, but just doesn't compare to the Gladius, which is one of the simpler Saberforge designs. I mostly use my sabers for display, so looks are what I am mostly concerned with, though I still believe the Gladius is a better production than the Standard Battle Saber. I don't like Ultrasabers due to their terrible customer service and poor business practices. I have bought three sabers from them, though I don't ever think I will again. Anyway, I'd like to see a picture of you Gladius, Dauntless!

But I can use my both one handed and two handed, and I have big hands. There is no doubt that anyone and everyone should own a Gladius. Whether it is your only saber or one of many, it is just great.

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5438

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
Thanks for your reply JK. Generally I agree with SF quality but I also find value in my US. My favorite decadent saber is my awesome Champion Venom ( never thought I would get a saber with claws) but am considering another Gladius with quick disconnects. I'm wondering if some of the newer sabers coming out are becoming too much artistic showpieces and not functional in a practical comfortable easy to use way.

I will check out how to download photos and try to get on it. Wish me luck on this. :)

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5444

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
As far as I know this is supposed to be a section for SABERFORGE hilts reviews, not a section to debate on US vs SF quality O.o!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5451

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
Darth Revan. I have reviewed the topic posts and the Gladius has been talked about and compared in almost each thread. Why do you think that this needs a narrow field of conversation as there is a formal topic specifically about the Gladius. I do understand your perception that it could be losing the main focus which is the Gladius, but so far no one is giving an in depth review. But am wondering why you may be uncomfortable, as this is supposed to be a more relaxed, open to views and opinions, but considerate of others forum site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Knight

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5454

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
This is a place for reviews on Saberforge sabers you bought and for others to ask questions about other people SF hilts, in order to get knowledge on SF's hilts and make more advised decision when the time will come to buy!

I can't remember how many already existing posts debated on the subject!

I'm not "uncomfortable", I'm making sure the subject of this section is respected so it won't turn into anything else!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5456

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Actually I find the Ultrasabers vs. SF quality on this topic relevant, because it was mentioned in the review, for one, and because there are a lot of people, myself included, who are in the same boat of wishing they'd found SF before they found Ultrasabers.

Not to say anything particularly negative against Ultrasabers, they just cost more, for less. And being able to discuss what exactly it is that you were able to receive on one saber and not another is, to me at the very least, part of the review process and discussing the quality of what you got and expected.

So! That's just my two cents on that matter... as for the Gladius, I hope you get some pics up soon! I'm about to purchase one myself andgetting more and more excited about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Knight

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5488

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Children, play nicely ;)

In future, if anyone feels that a post is getting off topic, let a moderator know who will come in and get it back on course or delete extraneous comments. Thank you.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Last Edit: 2 years 4 months ago by DarthMario95.

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5501

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
Hey Mario... that's how we BC Canucks play when the winter weather is so warm that there is no skiing or snowballs. But your point well taken and thanks for minding the boisterous children. :dry: :whistle:

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5503

• Jedi Knight
Haha All points noted. I think that the US comments are warranted in this situation. Comparisons are part of the reviewing process. To validate that point I'll say this; compared to its U.S. counterparts, the Gladius is a much better product considering the look of the saber, durability, and price.

Revan has a good point as these things can get out of hand, though I don't think this is one of those situations. We did handle ourselves in a very respectable manner, if I do say so myself ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5505

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I think we were all playing nice.. Darth had a valid point but.. yah!

Anyway. Pics! Pics! And more pics! Still trying to choose a color here, need more review information! lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dauntless 7, Griffon

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5509

• Jedi Knight
Knytiri wrote:
Anyway. Pics! Pics! And more pics! Still trying to choose a color here, need more review information! lol

I'll post some pictures tomorrow night, promise!

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5821

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
As far as I am aware, Phil has only explicitly stated that the thin neck sabers are incompatible with quick disconnects. As the resident expert on thin neck sabers, I understand entirely why the QD concept is incompatible with the design of the thin neck sabers.

Phil has also stated that the current clips used for QDs are too big for the smaller Apprentice sabers, though this will be remedied sometime in March when the smaller QD clips arrive from Phil's distributor.

All other sabers should be fully compatible with QDs.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5825

• Bane225
  • Thank you received: 4
I can say that the Gladius can indeed have quick dis-connects! My warrior came with them and is quite easy to access and remove if needed.
Sabers I own:
Hero Sinister Prophecy, Weathered, Yellow/Blood Orange
Warrior Gladius, Weathered, Purple
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griffon

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5924

• JohnnyGato
  • Thank you received: 8
Here's my video review of the Gladius:
You Tube Channel: Vegas Island Video
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griffon

Gladius Review 2 years 4 months ago #5934

• Master Karjo Caalb
  • In love with lightsabers since 1995
  • Thank you received: 5
Excellent review, I like how you outlined all of the parts for people who are new to the product. I can't wait to get my first saber and do a review for you all! Should be in another 2 weeks :lol:
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5307
  • Latest Member: RobdertHeX
  • Total Posts: 56.3k
  • Total Topics: 4718
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119