Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Gladius.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12W Gladius (Mint Green) Champion Edition

12W Gladius (Mint Green) Champion Edition 2 years 3 months ago #9142

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
So before I get too deep into this - I have to tell a story.

I originally ordered my Gladius through the Etsy store, and asked for a couple of options that weren't in the form using the comments (a Mint Green LED, the new "grey" weathering), not realizing that they technically weren't available yet. So I was pretty shocked (and, I won't lie, a little disappointed) to get a standard finish, regular green LED saber in the mail.

I contacted the Forge, and after we worked out what had happened, Phillip told me to send the hilt back in, and they'd take care of it. When I flled the RMA form out and mailed it back, I wrote a note that if it was easier to just swap the LED instead of doing the full teardown and weathering, that was OK for me, because I understood they were doing me a pretty big favor.

Justin read that note, and said "Naaah."

Now, keep in mind that I sent this back in on MONDAY. They got it, ironically enough, on April Fools day.

So when I got a phone call from my wife Saturday afternoon that a package had arrived while I was working...I was pretty shocked.

When I opened the box out and this beautiful baby came out, I was beyond speechless - if I'm honest, I was almost near (happy!) tears. It wasn't just that it was beautiful - it's that it came out even better than the images I'd had in my head of the final product when ordering, as I tried to imagine what it would look like.

In fact - Justin actually went and added a couple of touches that just took it completely over the top.

I was already beyond thrilled before I had even took the kill key out. But then, well, I had to see what it truly looked like.

It looks a little more blue in the picture than it does in person - the mint green is so, so beautiful with this finish.

My wife is a little bit of a Star Wars nerd, but she's a HUGE Harry Potter nerd.

As I stood there, staring at this gorgeous piece of art, she looked at me and said "It's like the wand choosing the wizard. That is SO you. That is the Lightsaber you were supposed to have."

I couldn't agree more.

And of course I had to grab my Consular from upstairs to play around with them a bit.

I've said this already, but I cannot thank Justin, Phil, and all the SF folks enough. They figured out where the "whoops" happened, fixed it, and went above and beyond for me. I went from being kinda depressed to incredibly elated about my experience. After all this, these sabers are going to be the start of my SaberForge collection, not the end.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyran Azor

12W Gladius (Mint Green) Champion Edition 2 years 3 months ago #9156

• Cyran Azor
  • Kill the boy and let the man be born
  • Thank you received: 11
Wow that's pretty awesome, man! Saber Forge never fails to blow me away with not just their craftsmanship but with their overall service to the customers. That grey weathering looks amazing! And so does the mint green! Congrats on the saber!
~The force shall set me free~
The following user(s) said Thank You: BZArcher

12W Gladius (Mint Green) Champion Edition 1 year 7 months ago #23523

• Jedi71
  • Thank you received: 1
I like the heavy weathering's compared to the other.

12W Gladius (Mint Green) Champion Edition 1 year 7 months ago #23526

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 524
That is Grey weathering.. The other is standard weathering

12W Gladius (Mint Green) Champion Edition 1 year 7 months ago #23527

• Jedi71
  • Thank you received: 1
gray weathering is SWEET.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mothoinpog
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (14 Posts)
    • Hi Vechaljian, :ohmy: I am loving this build diary! That is a super clean install, you must really...
    • Saberforge Sentinel &... (3 Posts)
    • I love those ripper blades, They are awesome, I really want to get one, but I cant bring myself to...
    • Saberforge Sentinel &... (3 Posts)
    • Main review. I forgot to mention the thin-walled version is NOT suitable for dueling. It comes in a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5312
  • Latest Member: WilliamsRet
  • Total Posts: 56.3k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 18