Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the GrandMaster.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49227

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 541
Say no more, let the videos do the talking. ;)

Thank you for watching!

"I am the Senate"
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, Pegasus, OvrcAHst, Boyer4

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49230

• Boyer4
  • Thank you received: 11
Nice as always like the way you show of the blades in the open room, gives a better feel for them in a more open space.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49246

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 303
Congrats Execute66. Another fine saber you have acquired there. The Grandmaster is just beautiful!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49249

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 566
My jealousy knows no bounds! I've never been able to figure out quite way, but the Grandmaster is the replica hilt I want more than any other. Great review!

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49258

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
So jealous that you were one of the lucky few to buy a Grandmaster. How heavy is it? That this is simply gorgeous.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49259

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
MommyHoldMe wrote:
So jealous that you were one of the lucky few to buy a Grandmaster. How heavy is it? That this is simply gorgeous.

Thanks, it's on the heavier side. Similar to the Monarch, slighter heavier than the Exhalted but lighter than the Relic.
"I am the Senate"

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49277

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Execute66, Thank you for sharing your Review and Congratulations with delivery of such an illustrious Hilt. Coincidental to your Post and with referencing your Tag, Sidious, I observed the following.

Your Saber Hilt(s) Collection is fast claiming Prestigious Notoriety. Much the same with your infamous pool that has consistently become backdrop for Light demonstrations. It may be pure coincidence again, the pattern that's emerging is a personal feature on the Etsy Release Limited Editions. Credit to you. (or Lots of Credits by you. ;) ) You wrote once that your Sabers aren't displayed in an orderly fashion. Has this changed now as your ever increasing range takes up permanent residency? I imagine a full dedicated Feature Wall that's in the works. You hold there a highly sought after Hilt. Excellent addition.

I have some questions regarding this Grandmaster of yours.
I watched your Review Video several times (much like I have your other featurettes) and am curious what the depth of the Blade socket is?
You mentioned that you got Quick Connects. I had always presumed that the QC Module dimensions were the same compared to a Fixed-Connect Module with only the Micro-Deans Plug the separating difference. Studying JebidiahJee's Grandmaster (4Month old) the Module doesn't appear to protrude into line of sight of the 3 milled windows. With your experience from your vast collection, was this known to you and is positioning of it a common occurrence?

I noticed when you ignited the Saber, this little protrusion slightly cuts the flare via the window reveal. It isn't highly noticeable however is more obvious when switched off. When handling the Hilt, with the rear grip of a polished surface do you find grip displacement occurring i.e. grip sliding forwards and back? Noting the placement of the Covertech (aligned to the AV Switch and Kill-Key) did you have a choice when ordering? Does the location of it become an obstruction, since the emitter end is restricted by the Fins and support struts?
Apologies for all the questions. Seeing a much favoured Hilt dramatically increases interest and raises queries, more beneficial now than before, from an active Forum member like yourself.

Marvellous Hilt, IMO with the exclusivity of it deserving of the title Grandmaster. Well Done!

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49284

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Thank you for indulging me, mate! :lol: You spot and raise some very good questions.

What a coincidence on the 66 and executive order 66! :lol:

Let me answer your questions in turn,

- Nope, things are still pretty random so I haven't placed the sabers according to any well thought out plan. I was very impressed by a member's special cabinet (posted in the saber love thread) where each hilt has a slot in the pigeon hole. That might be something worth thinking about.

- The Quick Connect is interesting. You will note from the video that the blade plug fits into the emitter at the correct insertion depth, no extra length of the blade plug sticks out. So I assume the QC, blade plug were all correctly manufactured and the dark spots are a design consequence? But none of the dark spots of the module appeared in member JebidiahJee's GM (I assume the member has QC?). So it's intriguing and interesting. Saber works fine. I have never removed the QC. Perhaps the QC module in my GM is slightly longer than intended and SF offset that with a shorter blade plug. lol ....

- I like the polished body, it's the smoothest one I have. I can imagine if one has sweaty hands and during hard dueling and spins, one could have less grip? You could say the same with many other sabers though. But that doesn't cause me a concern as I don't duel, and feel quite comfortable with the smooth grip.

- The covertech came aligned with the AV switch and kill-key. I didn't even consider about positioning it elsewhere. From a practical and aesthetics point of view, it makes sense where it is. To its left lies a design element that is aligned with the same design element at the emitter as seen in the video, so no room on the left. To its right is a potential spot but that would get in the way for right-handed folks like me. So aligning the covertech with the AV switch is the only option.
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49289

• OvrcAHst
Ex66, Pigeon Holes you say? An impressive Collection of our Fellow Mod h2soy. Such patience with acquisition and dedication with creating the display. Without exception to h2soy's collection I recall seeing Elizabeth12's stunning Display also. :cheer:
You will note from the video that the blade plug fits into the emitter at the correct insertion depth, no extra length of the blade plug sticks out.
Agreed. A special cut I'd imagine. So what is the socket length? I don't recall you mentioning it however would guess you have a 37 for it, consistent to your other Hilts. Much like a query I made to revan221's recent Reborn Review, am trying to gauge leftover blade length once attached relative to overall balance. I suspect JebidiahJee's GM doesn't have QC's thus where my query to yours stemmed from. Did you get additional QC Modules with your GM, if so, what colours?
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
I like the polished body, it's the smoothest one I have.
Grip Wraps are favoured for this very explanation. h2soy's got Wraps on his GM Staff seen in his pictures but I don't think a Review was done. (one that I could find anyway) I am still impartial to them and with days passing am being convinced towards acceptance. During your Pool Video, it was funny that from the mirrored reflection from the glass panels, it appeared like you were dual-wielding. It was only when you performed the vertical overhead spiral it wasn't so. This was a first. I recall there being a warm-white light switched on outside of the pool that separated the light reflection. ;)
I didn't even consider about positioning it elsewhere. From a practical and aesthetics point of view, it makes sense where it is. To its left lies a design element that is aligned with the same design element at the emitter as seen in the video, so no room on the left.
Agreed. The Greeblies are many. Adds a nice decorative touch to the overall aesthetics.
Am simply trying to determine if the CT was positioned 180 degrees (opposing) to the AV if that would add to the ergonomics of the grip. Thank You.

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49293

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Yep that's him, namely h2soy ... lol, an excellent cabinet!

Attached is a photo I just took. Upper longer plug is the GM's, while the shorter one is the Reborn's with the distinctive elongated center piece. The GM has a slightly deeper insertion than the Reborn; no, I have not measured but the photo gives you similar inference. And lining the two sabers together at level by way of the mouth of the emitters, the Reborn's blade sticks out slightly longer than the GM's. Overall though, the GM is longer with blade in than the Reborn with blade in, simply because the GM has a longer hilt.

GM's Covertech does not get in the way of grip. It's the only saber I have where the CT is aligned with the AV switch .... lol

Shall do the Reborn review later. It's a purple 12W+. Mine has QC as well but I was advised by SF that the QC involves removing one of the three spines (can't remember which spine with respect to the AV switch). Right now, I'm pretty happy with the purple. I have not bought any additional LED modules but am wanting to have the option of removable modules. The modules can come later.
"I am the Senate"

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49300

• OvrcAHst
Ex66, Thank You. I believe you may need to execute a different Order # now. :lol:

It may be a redundant question, does the Reborn Blade Plug sit flush to the heat-sink lip
(inside the emitter) flush like the GM Plug?

My query with the GMCT positioning was specific to when attached to a clasp. Seldom to if ever at all for myself personally would I require the use of the CT. A deletion seems obvious when not used for duelling or for cosplay or for carry-your-Hilt-to-work day. The same question pondered by Prodigal Son Owners specific to the Tri-Ring location relative to the switch box and how it becomes a 'Thigh-Bruiser/Grazer'. As noted, the GMCT is on Topside equal to the AV (huge Plus that it's a recessed switch hole) & KK. The 'Thigh-Bruiser' concerns becomes evident here.
Shall do the Reborn review later. It's a purple 12W+. Mine has QC as well but I was advised by SF that the QC involves removing one of the three spines (can't remember which spine with respect to the AV switch).
:lol: I remember this Post of yours. Ri Dar Kaydis (in addition to you writing today 'as advised by SF') verified it. It was here (about) 11 Weeks ago I first learnt of your Reborn (I should correct my Spoiler from previous Post by adding it's a Silver Reborn and not a DT Reborn) and then (about) 5 Weeks ago you hinted at again, as I referenced. ;)

Thanks again for the assist.

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 4 months ago #49568

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 529
Fantastic saber Ex66. Any intentions of having your saber etched, or will you leave it as factory finish?

Youtube: Grandmaster 12W+ Medium Blue 1 year 3 months ago #50022

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Thanks, leaving it original as it is for now. I have seen some very nice etched examples though.
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5418
  • Latest Member: MichaelGab
  • Total Posts: 57.1k
  • Total Topics: 4781
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120