Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Justicar.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66471

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603

Standard Finish Justicar 12Watt+ Lime Green

Origins unknown, this Hilt follows that of Adaptive Emerald Knight by which the entire assembly is configured by ASP. A recognisable Graflex-styled Emitter (not actual & without the bells, whistles and greeblies consistent to it) married with Reliant Switch provides the inclusion of a faux Switch Box extended from a shallow recessed neck. Not quite a Thin Neck but not quite a Fat Neck either. An elongated Body commands great grippable coverage, contrasting horizontal rings juxtaposed against recessed vertical anodised grooves that suggest Graflex-style T-Grips without any T or aided by any raised physical grips. A relatively sleek design with accommodating comfort. The faux Box is noticeable but with a petite nature bears zero hindrance during wield. The Blade Socket (Emitter Well) is deceptively shallow and compared to the Body’s length would suggest pairing with a short blade however conflicting with the total length of the Hilt itself, actually warrants a longer blade to achieve effective balance.

Extremely comfortable as single handed wield without obstruction and equal to this is a two-handed wield. Ergonomics have been catered for here and ideally crafted for a right-handed wielder. The primary hand can either comfortably grip below the Box with thumb horizontally opposed or above with thumb cradling the Box’s north face. Comfort is generous and (even with a shorter Emitter by comparison) promotes what an ESB Graflex lacks in comfort but at the risk of aesthetic beauty, ‘cause, really, whilst a loose comparison is made can the two even be compared?
An interesting design, solidly assembled that exudes strength and power to the wielder.

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Lime Green| Champion Tier| Sabercore2.0 Viridian Font| Standard Finish| Silver AV, Green-lit| lazerforge Kill Key| Recharge Port| Silver Covertech

Hilt Length (long): 313mm (12.3228”)
Hilt Length (short): 277mm 10.9055”)
Hilt Length (Box south face to Pommel): 166mm (6.5354”)
Hilt Length (Box North face to Emitter): 116mm (4.5669”)/78mm (3.0709”)

Blade Socket Depth (to mouth lower): 31mm (1.2205”)
Blade Socket Depth (to mouth upper): 68mm (2.6772”)

Emitter Outer Diameter: 38.04mm (1.4976”)
Recessed Neck diameter: 30.45mm (1.1988”)
Switch Diameter: 37.20mm (1.4646”)
Faux Box Dimensions (l x w x d): 31.77mm x 15.87mm x 11.20mm
Body Diameter: 36.41mm (1.4335”)
Pommel Diameter: 38.02mm (1.4969”)

Weight: 533 Grams (18.8010 Ounces/1.1751 Pounds)

Balance (from Pommel to POI): 151mm (5.9449”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 26”: 272mm (10.7087”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 32”: 308mm (12.1259”)
Balance (from Pommel to POI) 37”: 355mm (13.9764”)

I would have liked to see this Hilt design incorporate placement of the Switch and recharge Port to be contained within the faux Box. The overall aesthetic would be greater and the Box actually serve a purpose other than non-valued appearance.
This would delete the existing Switch and Port Holes further adding to the streamlined design.

The use of Katana Pommel is good as the slightly tapered base keeps flamboyancy at bay and with keeping to consistency of the Hilts profile.
A D-Ring on the Pommel would see better use and function over the placement of the existing Covertech.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, HotRod

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66472

• OvrcAHst

I drew the comparison between Lime Green and the resulting brilliance with Purple through a Photon (with Emerald Knight) and favouring the latter of illuminated blades. In person, the difference is significant. Without dismissing Lime Green because it’s still a vivid colour, hopefully the following can successfully illustrate the difference.

Thank you with looking in as I share another from the Collection. Overall, an acceptable choice for a quiet achiever of a Hilt. Caters to comfort, styling and function. Difficult to fault.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66475

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Wonderful, and thank you, because you just reviewed my saber too. Mine is identical, including the choice of blade color - Lime Green! :lol:

Try a Yellow Day Blade, you get a very nice shade of yellow. I'm sticking to a Yellow Day Blade with Lime Green, an acquired taste. ;)

The Justicar is very functional, and those who duel will probably find the ergonomics quite appealing.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Execute66.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, DK44

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66477

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 138
Smooth, very smooth! Lime green is an excellent choice for this hilt! Congrats & Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66479

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
Wonderful, and thank you, because you just reviewed my saber too.
:lol: Maybe we should have sent/received some memo's with entering into a joint collaboration Review. You with the Video ('cause that's your thing) and me with the Photo-Spam! :lol:
Mine is identical, including the choice of blade color - Lime Green! :lol:
Yes, but if you take a look at your Emitter (or a stock image) you may note that I have a little separation that disqualifies yours and mine being identical. ;)
Try a Yellow Day Blade, you get a very nice shade of yellow. I'm sticking to a Yellow Day Blade with Lime Green, an acquired taste. ;)
Thanks for this ^^. Haven't really played around much with the Day Blades for colour manipulation (specific to this Hilt). Will be sure to give it a shot. Red is my flavour right now and that's all I see. Much like LEDs are the eye's of a Saber, my vision with unnecessary goings-ons may as well be RMA instead of RGB. :dry:
The Justicar is very functional, and those who duel will probably find the ergonomics quite appealing.
Yup! :)

DK44 wrote:
Smooth, very smooth! Lime green is an excellent choice for this hilt! Congrats & Enjoy!
Thank you DK. Saw the Hilt from across the room. Black: Nup. Weathered: Nup. Standard: Was the most appealing choice (Yes, from the Guy that likes 'em dirty) and Lime Green just made sense. Didn't really have an alternate in mind.

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66516

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
OvrcAHst wrote:
Yes, but if you take a look at your Emitter (or a stock image) you may note that I have a little separation that disqualifies yours and mine being identical. ;)

I don't follow. Did you do a custom?
"I am the Senate"

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66527

• OvrcAHst
Execute66 wrote:
I don't follow. Did you do a custom?

;)

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66607

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Thanks for sharing this awesome saber. I have to admit I kinda wish that little control box was functional instead of the normal AV switches. However, I'm not sure if that would be possible given the smaller size.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 9 months 3 weeks ago #66621

• OvrcAHst
HotRod wrote:
Thanks for sharing this awesome saber. I have to admit I kinda wish that little control box was functional instead of the normal AV switches. However, I'm not sure if that would be possible given the smaller size.
I reckon it's actually achievable. Currently, the real estate of the AV Switch and Port Holes is equal to the Box. SF appear to be favouring mini tactiles too now for both Champion & Hero Tiers which makes even more space available.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

V1 Justicar SF|Story so far. Pt III 7 months 2 weeks ago #69498

• ZrenTobas87
  • Thank you received: 2
Very nice. Now highly considering one. Wish SF would've stuck with the original design some though but since its ASP compatible you can always switch out the blade emitter if you want for sort of an original Justicar look. The Lime Green looks nice too. I want one now in the new Frost/light blue color though =]
Want: Bastion deep blue, Epoch cyan, Descendant medium blue, Venom red, Exhalted light blue, Katana white, Mercenary green, Oracle purple
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• First saber and electroni... (2 Posts)
    • If you're looking at a stunt kit, you could go Plug and Play if you don't feel like soldering. You'd...
    • Chassis Help (3 Posts)
    • Like Brax said, 3D printing. Go to Shapeways (web search for it.) Search on there for "SaberForge"...
    • Prodigal Son Battery Help... (2 Posts)
    • I am guessing that the answer to this might be answered by your previous question about a chassis....
    • Chassis Help (3 Posts)
    • I am no expert, but I believe anyone who is would recommend a chassis if possible. Better for wire...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (747 Posts)
    • Quote: I just ordered an Initiate tier Acolyte hilt from the Etsy shop. It will be interesting to see how...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5291
  • Latest Member: DonaldTal
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4705
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 6