Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Katana.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Quick ship katana

Quick ship katana 3 years 1 week ago #9399

• Navix
  • I tried to use both sides of the force but i failed. For many years i have been fighting myself until the force destroyed my mind and kept me alive like an empty shell. Now i wander into space.
Hi everyone, i bought the quick ship katana that was on the saberforge FB page. They shipped it friday the 10th.
So as soon as i get it i'll made a review that i will post here :)

P.s it was a pre made saber, didn't choose any options exept for the blade lenght.
It's a 12w red with crimson. Also got red leather wrap.
The broken jedi
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick ship katana 3 years 1 week ago #9402

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1764
We will be watching for that in-depth review!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Quick ship katana 3 years 1 week ago #9407

• Choos
  • Thank you received: 10
Sounds very very nice.

What tier hero, champion?

Looking forward to pics and reading your review.

Separate question, are quick ship sabers only available from Facebook?

Quick ship katana 3 years 1 week ago #9411

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 311
I won't lie, I'm an idiot and envious in all who have gone that route (Etsy). I'm kinda chapped at my own decision as I too purchased the Katana but from the SF site. Just rolled over the 8 week mark. I imagine I would have received it by now if I went thru Etsy. I will also be positing a review as well then plan on doing some custom mods. Cut, grind and file… goodbye warranty… not sure if I'll show all of you the result tho. haha

Quick ship katana 3 years 1 week ago #9426

• Navix
  • I tried to use both sides of the force but i failed. For many years i have been fighting myself until the force destroyed my mind and kept me alive like an empty shell. Now i wander into space.
It's a champion edition :)
I'll obviously post pics here.

I think it was very special, i don't know if they will have some more. And yes only on their FB page
The broken jedi

Quick ship katana 3 years 5 days ago #9536

• Navix
Hello people !!!

Today i received the KATANA !!

As said before it's a 12w red champion edition. It got the crimson soundboard.
Im not gonna review the shipping time because it was a special case.

First of all, the blade plug is amazingly detailed. I already have an US saber and their blade plug is so bassic v.s the saberforge one. ( got the dominix V3 )

The blade itself is a V4 and looks silver compared to the ultraedge heavy grade from ultrasabers that looks more like a frosty white. Both top of the blade are actually the same level of brightness but the SF is way more bright at the bottom !

The sound is as loud as the obsidian V3, but obviously more deep because it's a crimson soundfont.
A big point here about the sound, moving your saber while light it on doesn't cut the activation sound !

I love the in hilt charger, no need to take out the batteries anymore :) I include the kill key, so simple to put in the saber to save the batteries when not in use.

The lenght of the hilt is actually ± 11,5''. Very confy hilt, both hands feels great. :)

It's easy to spin it even with the imperial cog, no worries anymore ;)
Theres nothing moving inside, the speak is hold at is place with a kind of ring over it. When a saw that, i was amazingly suprised :)

Global note... 9/10 I highly recommend saberforge for your lightsaber !

P.S sorry for any english mistakes i made in this review, i'm a french candian :P

pics in attachement :)

Ask me any questions you want, i can answer them now :)
Attachments:
  • ...4_n.jpg (10KB)
  • ...7_n.jpg (9KB)
  • ...7_n.jpg (8KB)
  • ...0_n.jpg (6KB)
  • ...7_n.jpg (9KB)
  • ...0_n.jpg (9KB)
The broken jedi

Quick ship katana 3 years 5 days ago #9539

• Navix
The ring that holds the speaker
+ full blade in lighted room
Attachments:
The broken jedi

Quick ship katana 3 years 5 days ago #9540

• Choos
  • Thank you received: 10
That is definitely a beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Servius

Quick ship katana 2 years 11 months ago #10847

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Thank you received: 17
Now I definitely want to get one of these! The Katana took my eye immediately when I saw it on the website. It was unique, somewhat simplistic and just awesome!

I am a little concerned now, especially over postage times. I noticed that someone said 8 weeks. Eeek. Maybe Etsy would be a better way to go...?
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!

Quick ship katana 2 years 11 months ago #10848

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 72
Andrew Ford wrote:
Now I definitely want to get one of these! The Katana took my eye immediately when I saw it on the website. It was unique, somewhat simplistic and just awesome!

I am a little concerned now, especially over postage times. I noticed that someone said 8 weeks. Eeek. Maybe Etsy would be a better way to go...?

12-14 weeks currently.

Quick ship katana 2 years 11 months ago #10850

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
Miraluka wrote:
Andrew Ford wrote:

12-14 weeks currently.

Bloody hell. I better hurry up and make up my mind. Would buying two Sabers double the waiting time?

Quick ship katana 2 years 11 months ago #10880

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
I like the idea of the tsuba being used a guard. I wonder if would protect fingers during dueling. I especially like the red leather wrap on this saber. I think it gives it character aswell as a beneficial grip for dueling.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

Quick ship katana 2 years 10 months ago #11375

• Darth Servius
  • Thank you received: 7
:woohoo: WOW!!! That is truly a thing of beauty! I am still presently debating on what my first Saber Forge purchase is going to be and I was beginning to lean towards the Gladius as I really want a saber with wrapping on the handle and I wasn't sure you could get this done on the Katana so thanks for posting the pics. Although now I must decide if I still want the Gladius or do I want to get the Katana instead.

Quick ship katana 2 years 10 months ago #12096

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
Darth Servius wrote:
:woohoo: WOW!!! That is truly a thing of beauty! I am still presently debating on what my first Saber Forge purchase is going to be and I was beginning to lean towards the Gladius as I really want a saber with wrapping on the handle and I wasn't sure you could get this done on the Katana so thanks for posting the pics. Although now I must decide if I still want the Gladius or do I want to get the Katana instead.

I had the exact same predicament when I first started looking through the Saberforge store. I personally drifted towards the Katana as it's a far better fit for the size of my hands and although the Gladius is awesome I thought that it wasn't quite unique enough as an awful lot of people had bought one already. If you do happen to prefer the Gladius, I recommend that you get your order in quickly as it won't be much longer till they release the new 2015 edition, which is supposedly going to replace the original.

Quick ship katana 1 year 11 months ago #54661

• Valkaryie
  • Thank you received: 3
I ordered the katana as well and as a person who does kendo, the tsuba (guard) dimensions are about the same as an average katana tsuba. So it should work to give some protection to the hands.

I was wondering if the hexagonal tsuba is sharp at all around the edges?

Quick ship katana 1 year 10 months ago #60653

• robodaz
  • I should be listening to Robert Smith, not Snoke!
  • Thank you received: 1
I saw one at AKon this year.
The Hexagonal Tsuba certainly seems sharp, but it is certainly not to the point of being dangerous in dueling, to either combatant.
The woman who loaned me hers for a quick spar had not done anything to it after receiving it, so it appears that saberforge themselves clean the thing up themselves to make it as safe as it can be.
盡人事而待天命
Do one's best, then leave the rest to Providence.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Assembling a staff (3 Posts)
    • You might need timing shims and O-rings to help align the two sabers nicely to form a staff. Timing...
    • Bastion Lead Times (4 Posts)
    • My experience with lead times is: it varies. The last several months since late last year has been a...
    • Were not all preorders supposed to restock as of May 4th as per Phil????
    • I would suggest avoiding any pre-order items. Every single time I have placed a pre-order, it has...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5818
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 18