Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Death Troopers

Death Troopers 10 months 2 weeks ago #64785

• Pedrias
  • Rule through fear of the force rather than force itself
  • Thank you received: 8
Do you like Zombies? Did you ever find yourself thinking "What if there were zombies in the Star Wars universe"? Look no further than Death Troopers.

A little backdrop, it's set slightly before episode IV. The story itself is told from multiple perspectives, such as a couple of young brothers and an Imperial Medical Tech, to name a couple. Synopsis is that an imperial prison barge craps out in the middle of nowhere. As luck would have it, a seemingly abandoned Star Destroyer shows up on radar, and thus scavenging teams are sent out to salvage it. Take a wild guess what this team really finds on board?

Though the cover image does its job with showing how gory this book can be, for sake of the argument "never judge a book by it's cover", it does get bloody and gritty. Parts involving both are described in great detail. Not a big horror buff, but I felt the horror elements were well done, certain parts get a bit creepy. The zombies themselves are quite interesting, as they start out as your basic "brain eaters", and progressively become more advanced (think "firing a blaster rifle" advanced). Great setting, as an abandoned starship in the middle of space is the epitome of spooky.

Story itself is good, as good as combining these two fantasy properties can get. Characters are good, and you do care for them, but it seems there's little room for their development in this one. Won't spoil it with who, but there is a cameo from the movies.

Overall, a good, bloody love letter from the Star Wars universe to the undead, and one that doesn't use these ideas to completely sacrifice a good story. Gives you chills and sense of suspense. Wish I could of seen a little more development from the characters, but that cameo may just offset that. Give it a go!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• FS: SaberForge Fallen (5 Posts)
    • Folks, The Fallen is one sweet saber, especially the way this one has been equipped! $400 is an...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (2 Posts)
    • I have the dark brown wrap on my Gladius. Here's a pic for comparison. Hope it helps you out. I...
    • Custom Phoenix (7 Posts)
    • Awesome! Love that blade plug. Welcome back NeBosa! :)
    • Korbanth Dv6- it is point... (1 Posts)
    • So this was my weekend relaxation project this week, I scored this on EBay for 190, which included a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5267
  • Latest Member: Maniax001
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 13