Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Bastion Crystal Blade Plug

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 4 weeks ago #68810

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
So, I just made this today using two blade plugs and a quartz crystal. It's my first time trying my hand at making something like this, but I'm actually pretty pleased. I thought I'd share some photos with you guys, and get your opinions.

Attachments:
  • ...921.JPG (91KB)
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: 1st image orientation correction
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Jaden Korr, Execute66, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst, HotRod, jonnys95s10, lordshane, Atama

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 4 weeks ago #68815

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Very nice!

What's that piece that you used to connect the crystal to the bottom LazerForge plug? Reminds me of a guitar strap knob.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 4 weeks ago #68818

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
Thanks Jaden!

It's the male end of an old air fitting. I cut it off, and used a counter-sink bit to cup the inside to hold the crystal.

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 4 weeks ago #68836

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
This is something I've wanted to try ever since I saw that's how SF made the Descent's crystal chamber. Perhaps if TCSS or Erv himself gets some Pico Crumbles in soon. I'll grab an Arbiter and try it out myself.

Where'd you get your crystal? I've been trying to find a place locally that sells them but haven't had any success (I'd prefer to pick in person to make sure I'm getting what I'm looking for), but I'm going to probably have to go online.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 4 weeks ago #68837

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
I got them at Hobby Lobby in the section with all of the jewelry making supplies. They have strings of natural quartz crystals of different sizes for like $14. They are perfect for saber crystals because they range in length from like a half inch to almost two inches. I'm thinking about ordering a couple of blade plugs from the ASP site and using them to make more crystal blade plugs. I need to figure out how to put some reinforcing rods or something between the base and the top. Right now the crystal is the only thing connecting the top piece to the bottom, and if I tighten the retention screw much at all, it shifts the bottom piece enough to break the glue holding the crystal to the top piece. But as long as it's just snug enough to keep the plug in place, the glue holds fine.
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Rennek.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 4 weeks ago #68842

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Rennek wrote:
I got them at Hobby Lobby in the section with all of the jewelry making supplies. They have strings of natural quartz crystals of different sizes for like $14. They are perfect for saber crystals because they range in length from like a half inch to almost two inches.

Huh. I don't know why that never occurred to me (plus I've been in there a bunch of times this year getting things for various projects). I'll head there next. I had been looking into "metaphysical" stores in my area, but I'd heard through the grapevine that they don't take too kindly to non-believers. :whistle: :blink:
I need to figure out how to put some reinforcing rods or something between the base and the top.

In the limit crystal Guardian run SF did, they used what looks to be ASP plug 5 as the base and drilled holes for support rods around the outside, as seen with OvrcAHst's crystal Guardian.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Jaden Korr.

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 4 weeks ago #68853

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 266
That looks pretty awesome. Great prototype!

I think I'll have to try something similar with my Bastion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rennek

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 3 weeks ago #68941

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Being a fan and owner of several Bastions, I REALLY like this. Great job!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rennek

Bastion Crystal Blade Plug 7 months 3 weeks ago #68955

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Thanks for the pro tip on Hobby Lobby; found these there today:

I also found those strings of them you mentioned, but the only ones they had were all electroplated instead of regular clear. One set was a really cool copper/orange that would be cool with a Sith saber.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0