Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Propfunk Holocrons

Propfunk Holocrons 1 year 6 months ago #25117

• Hake Felflame
  • Mad Warlock
  • Thank you received: 57

So I had my eye on some holocrons recently. The best source I had been watching has been a gut in Colorado that goes by Propfunk (etsy shop here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Propfunk). Because I love the dark side so much, I wanted to get one of the Heresies holocrons, and last month I put in an order for one. During the wait time for that order, I saw Propfunk post a couple of one-off experimental holocrons on a facebook group (Jawa's Trading post), one of which was a variation of his Revan holocron (dubbed Immolated Revan) that jumped out at me, so I bought that one in the meantime, and I just received the Heresies holocron I ordered earlier today. Here's the pictures of them both.

Both holocrons plus my Dark lord Relic saber. Very shrine-like.

Heresies up close.

The Heresies holocron is a base layer of smoke grey acrylic is gold on top, with etched details inlaid if gold coloring. The base is loose and vented for sound installations, and comes with a loose twist-on LED unit to light up the inside.

Immolated Revan

The Immolated Revan is a red version of the base Revan holocron, with a clear inner layer. What makes this one unique is there's a smaller yellow acrylic shell encasing a twist-on red LED unit mounted inside (the base twist-on is underneath which it sits on, thus the somewhat floating appearance), so that when it is lit up, it creates a yellowish-orange glow from inside.

Heresies lit up in low-light room.

Immolated Revan lit up in low-light room.

And to show off the Immolated Revan's glow, here's one in the dark.

I'm very happy with how they turned out. I'm closely watching the new designs he's working on (a Rebels-inspired Jedi holocron is the most recent one), and considering contacting him for a custom design, something Malgus-inspired.

Full album here: http://imgur.com/a/2MRZR
Local Director - Saber Guild: Golden Gate Temple
Sith Lord of the Golden Gate Knights
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308BJP, Borommakot

Propfunk Holocrons 1 year 6 months ago #25121

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Those are pretty sweet. I looked at their Jedi versions a while back but never made a purchase. Congrats on the nice display pieces.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Propfunk Holocrons 1 year 6 months ago #25154

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Nice pieces. I really like how they look. Quality and beauty. They're quite expensive though, but they look very nice.
Congrats! :)

Propfunk Holocrons 1 year 6 months ago #25163

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
I bought my wife the Heresies holocron kit so she can build it herself - she's planning to start working on it this week. Can't wait to have it put together!

Propfunk Holocrons 1 year 6 months ago #25177

• Hake Felflame
  • Mad Warlock
  • Thank you received: 57
I had thought about a kit too, but I am not confident enough in my assembly skills to do that. I may try rigging up a brighter internal lighting solution though.
Local Director - Saber Guild: Golden Gate Temple
Sith Lord of the Golden Gate Knights
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693