Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Machinimax's ESB DL-44 Blaster

Machinimax's ESB DL-44 Blaster 2 years 6 months ago #1586

• Machinimax
  • Jedi Sentinel
  • Thank you received: 15
An oldie but goodie: My DL-44 blaster pistol!

I bought this blaster from an FX-Sabers forum member 2 years ago. Aesthetically, the blaster is the same as when I got it from him. It is a Mauser airsoft gun with a resin flash hider, piston, bracket, and scope adding the extra detail. The gun was still functional when I received it but has since been deactivated since it came in my possession. I gutted the internal parts that allowed it to fire the airsoft shots and replaced them with electronics.

Plecter Labs Blaster Core v3
Common anode Superflux RGB LED
14500 Li-Ion battery pack
2.1 mm recharge port
Rumble motor
Tactile momentary switch
TCSS mini speaker

The soundboard rests where the clip used to go. I machined the clip down to a size where it could still lock into the gun but allow room for the BC. This allows for easy access to the SD card. The sound is provided by the mini speaker sold at TCSS. It's pretty impressive for a speaker its size. It could sound a bit louder but that's because there aren't any sound holes and I didn't want to make any as I felt it would take away from the accuracy of the design.

Some build pics:

And video:

Hope you all enjoyed! Thanks for looking!
"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JShelar

Machinimax's ESB DL-44 Blaster 2 years 5 months ago #2791

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Han solo would be jealous of that blaster (well, maybe not, he's too reckless)! What you did to that airsoft gun is purely amazing! The light and sound, WOW! You have something to be proud of my friend.

I wish I was that good at crafting/modifying stuff!

Maybe my question is innapropriate, but may I ask you how much you paid the blaster, and how much did it cost you to modify it (I mean, the parts and everything)%
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

Machinimax's ESB DL-44 Blaster 2 years 3 months ago #6056

• Machinimax
  • Jedi Sentinel
Darth Revan wrote:
Maybe my question is innapropriate, but may I ask you how much you paid the blaster, and how much did it cost you to modify it (I mean, the parts and everything)%

Sorry I replied to this so late Lord Revan.
"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Machinimax's ESB DL-44 Blaster 2 years 3 months ago #6058

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
That is some fine work homie! Love it! I have to get Han's blaster at some point.

Machinimax's ESB DL-44 Blaster 2 years 3 months ago #6059

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
  • Thank you received: 11
There are some pretty decent ones on Etsy for relatively cheap :)
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

Machinimax's ESB DL-44 Blaster 2 years 3 months ago #6066

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Thank you received: 62
Machinimax wrote:
Darth Revan wrote:

Sorry I replied to this so late Lord Revan.
So how much did it cost?

Machinimax's ESB DL-44 Blaster 2 years 3 months ago #6075

• Machinimax
  • Jedi Sentinel
Yeah my bad. 90% of that thread somehow deleted itself when I posted. IDK. :lol:

The whole thing cost me around $250. Now what helped keep the cost down was that I was able to acquire an older version of the Blaster Core module. There might still be some floating around but you would have to be lucky enough to find someone who would have one and be willing to part with it. This price was for the blaster and the parts I acquired to make the internals. There was no additional cost to modify it as I had the resources needed to do so. This included a dremmel, drill press, handsaw, and sandpaper.

Just so some of you know, this blaster might be up for sale soon as I am working on a new version. This IS NOT a sales or interest thread but just more of an FYI for the near future, probably a month. Keep in mind that if I do, it will NOT include the Blaster Core or a speaker but it will include all other internals including the battery pack.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Machinimax.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Dark Brown Leather Wraps (4 Posts)
    • If it's not as dark as you want, you can always take shoe polish to it. Of course, if it's too...
    • Have you thought about buying the wrap from a local fabric shop? That way you can definitely make...
    • FS: SaberForge Fallen (5 Posts)
    • Folks, The Fallen is one sweet saber, especially the way this one has been equipped! $400 is an...
    • I have the dark brown wrap on my Gladius. Here's a pic for comparison. Hope it helps you out. I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 13