Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Best sabers for Jar'Kai?

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #40710

• Froboy696
  • Thank you received: 12
I've wanted to do a cosplay wielding a pair of beauties but I wanted to know if anyone has recommendations perhaps?

I am planning to use one of them as a green shoto while using a regular purple one.

And I am going to spend on hero editions although I can't decide on which designs... :blink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #40721

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 437
You'll never hear me not advocate for the Consular.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #40728

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi Froboy696,

I have read that the Apprentice models make good shoto/off hand sabers due to being slightly smaller in dimension than the rest of SaberForge's line-up. One particular Saber, the Consular is very good as it has many grip positions and can be used in the reverse grip quite well.
However the Disciple and it's similar looking sister Saber, the Acolyte, are also recommended as is the Arbiter.
You can see examples of these in the Review section.

SaberForge has recently announced a new range of Apprentice Sabers, which may be suitable shotos.
These are the Bastion, Oracle, The Chosen and Sentinel, which should be widely available shortly.
Here is a link to see the Chosen, Oracle and Sentinel Sabers:

New Apprentice Sabers topic

Here is a link to the new Bastion Saber:

New Bastion Sabers topic

Hope this helps and thanks to Borommakot who posted whilst I typed this!

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedikind

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #40910

• Froboy696
Hmmm...the Sentinel saber has a very nice design that I find appealing. I may invest into getting a second color added for it (hero) just because I do like the idea of seeing it in different colors but given that it's a shoto, I would have to think about it carefully because I do like it in green but maybe I would like seeing more options as well. Maybe blue as well? Having those two colors could go nice while when I get the money for my main saber, it can have purple/orange.

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #40911

• Froboy696
Huh wait, are any of those saber available? I can't find them on the main page unless they're custom on the FB page?

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #40959

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 635
Hi Froboy696,

The new sabers I mentioned have been announced and will be available soon on the SF site.This means if you choose either the Chosen, the Sentinel, the Oracle or the Bastion you will have time to save some cash.

Sorry I should have made it clear they weren't available yet but I wanted to point out the range of sabers you may like to consider.

I hope you are able to get the Saber(s) that call out to you and good luck with your sabering,

For Tyeth

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #41029

• Froboy696
Well I decided to go with the Oracle after taking closer looks. I think that I'll get that as a shoto sized saber with blue and green. :)

And the ARCHON saber on Etsy is quite appealing to me hence I am going to get that as my regular sized with purple and orange options. Although I am confused with how it doesn't show me an option to choose my secondary color?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/241622886/archon-custom-led-saber-similar-to-sith?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=saberforge&ref=sr_gallery_13
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #41042

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1034
Froboy696 wrote:
And the ARCHON saber on Etsy is quite appealing to me hence I am going to get that as my regular sized with purple and orange options. Although I am confused with how it doesn't show me an option to choose my secondary color?

I just noticed that too.
If you're wanting two colours for the one Saber you've basically got two options to apply.
1. Get the Archon as a Champion Tier and with Quick Connects* and specify your first colour. Ordinarily you would order an additional LED Module with the Quick Connect option selected (and specify your second colour). Since this isn't an available Listing, if choosing this option, you may have to order the LED Module separately from Main Site Accessories Tab. This method will have both LED output at 12w+.

2. Get the Archon as a Hero Tier. Noted that the dropbox references RGBA but this isn't what you want. Hero Tier has 3 different options available as explained in FAQs. Scroll down until you see the Hero reference in yellow.
This alternate method is going for two 6w+ colours that mix into a combined 12w+ third colour. As the dropbox option isn't available via Etsy, you'll have to amend the instruction in the Order Notes requesting the two 6w+ colours. If going this route, do a follow-up message to Saberforge Etsy to ensure it is acknowledged and will be accommodated.

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 3 weeks ago #41043

• Froboy696
Then the 2nd option would save me the most trouble from what it sounds like.

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 2 weeks ago #41134

• OvrcAHst
Then the 2nd option would save me the most trouble from what it sounds like.
Really depends with what you're aiming to achieve and how you define trouble?

Quick Connects are designed for ease of use and allows interchanging whilst maintaining a 12w illumination. This was mentioned as you referenced two colours, specifically, Purple & Orange (Amber).

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 2 weeks ago #41136

• Froboy696
So is there a video regarding these quick connects? To be honest, I don't know if there is a guide on this subject?

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 2 weeks ago #41236

• OvrcAHst
Often your best guide (after visiting FAQs first) is to read through all the pages of Posts to gain some insight. If you find this too time consuming and want a refined reference to a specific query that you have, the Search Tab does wonders and you'll soon see that through history of this Forum, Posts happen in cycles and questions raised have often been asked and answered before.

There may be others out there given how expansive the internet is, I often reference the one below demonstrated by Jordon Moll.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Froboy696

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 2 weeks ago #41254

• Froboy696
Pretty helpful actually, thank you!

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 2 weeks ago #42120

• Froboy696
Ok so the oracle is FINALLY available and I am ordering it hero tier with green and amber orange! :woohoo:

Now given that I can order the blades in various sizes whenever I want, I'll just get the regular sized version and get the shoto sized seperated when I feel like it; I need to get a feel for this saber to see if it'll be great for Jar-Kai or not before I decide to get my second saber.

That being said, do the hero tier orders get the tips turned into bladed tips or do I need to order that and add it in the description of the comment section when checking it out?

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 2 weeks ago #42229

• OvrcAHst
That being said, do the hero tier orders get the tips turned into bladed tips or do I need to order that and add it in the description of the comment section when checking it out?

You'll have to forgive me. (likely I've had insufficient coffee this morning) I don't understand what you mean by the bladed tip reference?

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 2 weeks ago #42237

• Froboy696
Well I was under the impression that the tip blade that I see in accessories was optional bit I see now that it's for replacement purposes; it is suppose to be already installed.

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 1 week ago #42244

• OvrcAHst
Yes. Your conclusion is correct.

When you purchase your Saber, the included Infinity blade will also include the Blade Tip attached. The difference here is it's a threaded tip for additional strength and security (when compared with other Vendors).

The separate Blade Tip in Accessories is not threaded. This is a replacement 'Bullet' style Tip (as opposed to 'Round' Tips) and are to replace broken or lost tips from 'other blades' where they are often just glued.

Hope this helps.

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 1 week ago #42298

• Froboy696
Well I just placed my order~ Gonna wait before I order my next saber~

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 1 week ago #42315

• OvrcAHst
Exciting times ahead for you. Test's of patience and games of distraction will be your friends on this journey. :lol:

Best sabers for Jar'Kai? 5 months 1 week ago #42316

• Froboy696
Yeah but it'll be worth it~ Anyway now I am going to be working on spending my next paycheck carefully...
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Hot August Knights Sale (14 Posts)
    • I feel so silly...I always wanted the new Phoenix stand and a couple of blade plugs and kill keys to...
    • Hot August Knights Sale (14 Posts)
    • Eddlyss64 sorry for my morning rant. I was just feeling low, and seeing the new sale kinda rubbed me...
    • ASP Graflex, Ep4 screen v... (8 Posts)
    • I am really liking the concept of modular hilts. The whole plug and play really makes this hobby...
    • ASP review - Vengence (6 Posts)
    • Okay, now that my Graflex has came in I was able to switch the body to the rightful hilt. The...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4408
  • Latest Member: holy assassin
  • Total Posts: 44.6k
  • Total Topics: 3223
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 69